Navy Federal Credit Union

Navy Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews in United States

Great Workplace
Fraud Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLNovember 6, 2015
Excellent work environment with great management. The company shows appreciation for it's employees. The atmosphere is welcoming from day one and the training is helpful.
Member services
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLNovember 4, 2015
Working with all branches of the Military on a daily basis.

Went through intensive computer training designed solely for the credit union to handle Member banking.

Co-workers were wonderful to work with

Hardest part of the job was dealing with Members who were angry and frustrated.
very good culture/environment
Mortgage and Equity Counselor/Processor/Closer (Former Employee) –  Vienna, VANovember 1, 2015
Overall very good work environment. My previous experiences were with banks and not very good ones. After working for Navy FCU my perception about credit unions was totally different than banks. People at Navy were very friendly and cooperative. And very good learning and advancement opportunities as well. Benefits were good but salary was not so attractive.
Pros
good advancement opportunites, benefits
Cons
not so great salary
Great Place to work
Member Service Representative II-MLO (Former Employee) –  TexasOctober 22, 2015
Great branch management that ensured branch morale was always good. Not only about numbers but member satisfaction. Great opportunity to transfer to another branch.
Great Company
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAOctober 18, 2015
Great company, love the member focus on military families. Great products and services are offered. Loved the fact they hired military families preferred.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No life balance
Many learning experiences
Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rota, ANOctober 15, 2015
Every week staff worked in a diffrent part of the business. From being a teller, greeter, to office duties. No two problems were the same with members. I learned a lot in the office area. Helped members with loans, helping with their finances to just fixing their debit cards.
Pros
Staff
Cons
No way to be promoted. Only because we are oversea.
Productive fun work place with emaculent facility and people.
Dining Manager (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLOctober 8, 2015
Get to work at 6AM and leave at 3PM. I learn how to be a leader and how to treat people with respect. The hardest part of the job was leaving at the end of the day. The most enjoyable part of the job was taking advantage of all the amenities such as a pool, game room, nature trail and beach volley ball court.
Great Place to work
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAOctober 7, 2015
Compensation and benefits a plus. Great company to work for especially if you enjoy working with people. Co-workers are a nice bunch of people to work with. The most rewarding part of working for NFCU was helping members with their financial needs.
Account service with great peolpe
CONTACT CENTER ACCOUNT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  pensacola flaOctober 5, 2015
I was very well trained to handle a variety of financial needs for our currently serving, retired and family members of the United States Military. Balancing accounts, applications for new loans or credit cards, western unions and international bank wires.
My team members became family. We shared birthdays, celebrated accomplishments, encouraged each other and stood together to be recognized multiple times by not only NFCU but CUNA.
Pros
insurance
Cons
military payday always short handed of staff
It's a great company to work for
Member Service Representative II - Consumer loan (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VAOctober 1, 2015
A lot of great benefits for employees. Professional work place with supportive management. Help you reach your career goal by providing training and classes
Good place to work for
Member Service Representative/ MLO (Former Employee) –  San DiegoSeptember 30, 2015
A typical day at work consist of managing members accounts and providing the members with excellent customer service.
Great co workers, however extremely hard advancement opportunities.
Hardest part of the job is advancing to the next level. Best part is job security and great benefits.
Pros
Advancement opportunities
Cons
Great benefits
Don't do it
MSR (Former Employee) –  DIBERVILLESeptember 24, 2015
The credit union itself is great but this branch is a major NO. The manager and Asst. Manager have issues like bipolar. The worst place I've work and I have done banking before. We went through 5 MSR representatives in matter of a few month and the manager had many complaints against her. When they run the portions of people getting money for referrals they work you like a dog and don't want to give any breaks or lunches. Some girls went almost 6 hours and no break. Beware of this branch she can't keep help.
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
Worst management ever
Great benefits
Security Fraud Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Vienna, VASeptember 21, 2015
Overall it is a great company to work for. Only issues I have are growth with the company is difficult due to high volume of applicants within and pay is not as high as other competitors banks.
I was sad to leave.
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VASeptember 16, 2015
I can't say I enjoyed the actual job, but that wasn't the company's fault. I loved the company. Banking just wasn't for me.
Pros
great benefits, healthy work culture, room to grow
Cons
only 30 min lunch, long day, being on the teller line is maddening
Processing loans is an overwhelming task. You spend the day answering phone calls, email etc. Too many loans on one processor's desk.
Mortgage Processor (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLSeptember 15, 2015
I feel that the training is more than adequate and I will be forever greatful for the opportunity. There is just so much to do and not enough time in any give day to do it. The job responsibilities are just too much for one person. If things were split up a bit so the processors weren't as overwhelmed I would probably still be there. It is fulfilling work and they recognize every accomplishment.
Pros
Lot of perks, free lunches, they seem to feed you all the time, excellent resources ther are 2 gyms on campus and even Starbucks!, the money is great!
Cons
lots of hours
Way to many test to take
Call Center Financial Assistance Rep (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VASeptember 13, 2015
Navy Federal is great company but they have way to many test to take and do. You must take so many test everyday when your in training mode. It's crazy.
Great company with lots of opportunities and benefits
Contact Center Representative/Trainer (Former Employee) –  pensacola, flSeptember 12, 2015
I loved working for Navy Federal I only left the company to pursue my education. They would have even worked with me through that but I wanted to be home with my kids.
member service rep
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kings Point, NYSeptember 10, 2015
great place to work just no room to grow in the new York city area. navy federal has great products and services. the benefits that the company provides for the employees are excellent
Its mediocre
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VASeptember 7, 2015
Excellent compensation and benefits but not worth the everyday level of stress that is put upon you. Place for advancement.
Pros
Compensation, benefits
Cons
Unsure of job security, high stress level
productive and a Fun enviroment
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLSeptember 5, 2015
Fun work place love to provide a smile to members. About the numbers. Show alot of love to the members that work for the company when meeting goals
Pros
PIP, Food, Incentives
Cons
Breaks