Nazareth Hospital Employee Reviews

Fast paced environment. Committed to patient safety and quality.
Care Transition Nurse (CTN) (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 8, 2017
Strives for work-life balance, commitment to the community and it's members. Fast paced environment. Committed to patient safety and quality. Great opportunities to develop and advance.
working in the kitchen
Short Order Grill Cook (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 9, 2017
from the moment you clock in you have to run around like crazy. I learned not to trust anyone, especially the management. The workplace is constantly divided and always unprofessional with more than a few arguments and disputes going on at once.
health care and passion.
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Pago Pago, ASAugust 28, 2017
I've learned how to care for sick people and disable seniors. Learn how share your heart of gold with them and be there for them in times of need. Caring for someone is very special. This job you have to be able to have all the patient in the world to work with these seniors and share love, laughter, and life with them.
a day in the life of Nazareth
Emergency Room Charge Nurse/Staff nurse (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 8, 2017
Nazareth became a very difficult place to work, with lack of security, management support and abusive patients. The most enjoyable part was my coworkers and by the time I left most of the regulars were gone.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
lack of management support
very good
Surgical Orderly (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia PennsylvaniaJuly 13, 2017
A great place to work and to pursue your career in nursing. The people I work around are nice and friendly I enjoy my job tremendously and love patient care
Working experience
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 23, 2017
A typical day at work is a bit hard to describe. There can be times of a steady flow and others where it may be too busy. But working in this environment and with my co-workers is a great experience and the most enjoyable part of the job. The hardest part of the job may be if we are short staffed on a busy day.
Convientent location
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 14, 2017
Good location that offered free parking. Hospital was old and needed improvements. Staffing was usually poor. Management was also not the most supportive.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
City wage tax
Family friendly environment
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 9, 2017
Small hospital where everyone says hi as you walk down the hallway. Really care about their employees and go out of their way to make sure everyone is happy.
Pros
Good pay scale
Cons
They let good people leave
typical hospital work
Diet Technician (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 2, 2017
the hospital was good experience, weekend work, patient care, knowledge learned in school was strengthened by the work done at the hospital. Made lasting friendships
Pros
lasting friendships
would reccommend
Physical Therapy Aide (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 5, 2017
The staff and management are very friendly and helpful. The compensation is fair. They provide quality and empathetic care to all their patients. The staff works well as a team.
Work experience
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 2, 2017
Pros
free lunch during holidays
Typical medical office setting
Administrative Assistant / Costumer Service (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 16, 2016
This office has a majority of geriatric patients and is linked directly to a catholic hospital. The "management" is fairly well accommodating and professional. My co workers do their jobs generally well. The hardest part of my job is the consistency of work needed. I've learned quite a bit about the inner workings of a medical office including the ability to preform all reception tasks and responsibilities. During my time working for the doctor have completed tasks such as submitting for PCMH, PQRS, ePASS, meaningful use, as well as requests for documentation by multiple insurance companies etc.
Pros
overtime hours available, healthcare paid for by the doctor, annual raises, 2 weeks vacation
ER Tech
Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA 19114July 13, 2016
I had a great time at Nzareth in 2004 as a ER Tech. The nurses and Doctors in the Emergency Room were great with teaching and learning from them.
Pros
too many to list
Very fast pace
Environmental Services / Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 11, 2016
Very fast pace, Cleaning patients rooms running errans for nurses transporting patients you are always busy but all in all it was a good job
nothing
Server (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 4, 2016
This hospital needs so much work, the benefits are bad, the nurses have elitest attitudes. If you are not a nurse the pay is bad and they work you to the bone, it is a disorganized place to work. they are giving all the money to the lazy nurses. You've been warned.
good place to start
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 8, 2015
This is a good place to be a clinical employee but not a clerical one if you want to make it your career.

Hardest part of the job is getting paid barely anything for putting up with some of the attitudes of the Doctors....
productive
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 1, 2015
Lot of learning experience, enjoyed taking care of patients. Used to have great coworkers.Reasonable salary and free parking made available for all employees.
hospital services and treating patients
Externship (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 26, 2015
It was a volunteer job related to my study in medical billing, I handled different department including packing surgical instruments and shipping them to the desired rooms, I worked in the reception, medical billing office, surgical departments and dietary aid
Pros
interactions
Cons
pay
I love my job.
Operating Room Orderly (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 8, 2015
Atypical day at work for me is the same every day.What I learn is how to adjust being around different culture in my career . The hardest part of my job is when we are short of staff.The most enjoyable part is when I go home knowing I done a good job.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Fun place to work.
Anesthesia Technician (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 13, 2015
Its very unpredictable working at Naz. Although we're not a trauma hospital. Cases changes all the time. Manager is great. I'm an easy going person so I get along with all my coworkers. Hardest part of this job is seeing people die. The most rewarding is saving people's lives.
Pros
No weekends and no holidays.