NBA Employee Reviews

great management
Corporate Card Administrator - Contract (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJSeptember 28, 2017
I loved my manager she appreciated my hard work. I appreciated my managers style of managing. I was able to complete a large amount of work for her in a short period of time.
Pros
I was not micro managed
Cons
I have none
Working at the NBA
Senior Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 15, 2017
Lots of cool events and get to work on very visible projects. Poor career advancement. Upper management very territorial. Takes a long while to get adjusted to the culture and the reporting structure..
Pros
Occasional tickets
Cons
Work/life balance, treatment, career advancement
Must really love basketball to put up with this.
Media (Current Employee) –  NJAugust 8, 2017
Very little room for advancement. Crazy hours with low pay. Sub par communication. Worked with many passionate people, but many that were under qualified for where they were.

The company culture led to a lot of people being unhappy with their prospects.
Great experience managing event set up and break down
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 3, 2017
For the duration of the event, employment was fun, active, and always filled with new experiences. I learned how serious the NBA takes safety precautions for all events, which is awesome. The typical days were about 11-12 hours in the heat, but was very fun managing the team of hard working men. The hardest part about the job was that it was only for a limited amount of time. The most enjoyable part was that I met multiple legend NBA players.
Pros
Able to get involved with NBA events.
Tough culture
Production Assistant/Digital Media Operations (Current Employee) –  Secaucus, NJJuly 6, 2017
The NBA was a tough culture in production because of lack of job security. The production hours are tough because it's live production so you work the hours of NBA games which go from 7pm at night to around 1:30 in the morning.
Pros
Worked for the NBA
Cons
lack of job security, rough hours
Production Runner and Production Assistant were Interesting jobs
Production Assistant/Runner (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 10, 2017
Volunteer work that was simple to do with simple tasks. Also there was an easy flow of breaks and good food that was offered, which made the experience relaxing.
Pros
easy working environment
Cons
Time spent there in one day
NBA Bobcat Arena
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 28, 2017
fun place to work wish i was back meet great people to connect with.
media is everywhere. food beer NBA players are nice my boss was nice give me more hours.
Pros
media
Cons
traffic
Awesome
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 26, 2017
Loved this Job. Only reason I had to leave is because the client quit playing. Very faced based and learned a lot. Helpful with everything and I was able to work most hours unsupervised.
Good experience
Camera Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJanuary 9, 2017
Liked the job, the pay was great. Loved the fast paced action, only drawback is maybe needed one extra set of hands for set up and tear downs as the camera up top didn't assist with that.
pro sports team
Manager, Premium Sales and Service (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 14, 2016
great place to learn entry level sales and area top begin a career in sports marketing. sometimes young leaders at the organization are tasked with too big of a role
Rich Company
Basketball Player (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 8, 2016
Best Company in the world. They pay you a lot of money and they pay you to play Basketball and you just need to be good at it. You just need to go to practice and shoot arounds and play the games. Strive for being the best.
Review
Tonight Content Associate (Current Employee) –  Bristol, CTMay 3, 2016
While working at ESPN, I have gained valuable experience working with the NBA as I have been a part of the NBA Tonight show for the past three seasons. The skills that I have learned while employed at ESPN I will be able to carry with me throughout my career. Working for ESPN has exposed me to various procedures and technologies on how to make video content more exciting and impactful for sports fans. The emphasis is constantly being placed on sharpening video editing skills which has allowed me to evolve and gain a greater understanding of this field. A career with the New Orleans Pelicans would be an honor for me. Being that I am from the New Orleans I know the excitement and expectations the fans have for this great organization. Bringing the knowledge and skills that I have learned back to the city that I know and love would be a great opportunity. Time management, organization, teamwork, leadership skills, and communication are all tools that I possess and are essential in order to create quality content that fans can connect with and love. Northwestern State University and my employment at ESPN has prepared me to competently fulfill the role of a video production manager.
Pros
Great
Cons
Non really
Productive and Create work environment
Freelance Editor / Producer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 30, 2015
Great place to work for with fun and creative people that enjoyed what they were doing. I would recommend this company to anyone and still have lifelong friends there.
I Provide high level skill development and training to all athletes.
Certified Professional instructor (Current Employee) –  Dunwoody, GaAugust 25, 2015
I design and develop new training techniques to improve ball-handling, shooting and overall game play of Athletes to improve overall game play.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
No family time or benefits
Good company to work with someone who will always enjoy.
Hadoop Developer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 8, 2015
Good company to work with someone who will always enjoy and getting new technologies intact with lot of new learning and management attitudes towards employee.
Decent Place to work
Project employee (Former Employee) –  NJMay 18, 2015
Decent place to work with long but flexible hours. Unfortunately if you get hired as a project employee you only get hired twice in a ten month period and never again. No full time positions are offered.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Does not offer full time position to project employees.
Fun
Youth League Team Member (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIApril 28, 2015
The Jr NBA JR WNBA is the easiest job ever you just have to enjoy basketball and seeing youths have fun. a typical work day would consist of setting the basketball rims to the appropriate height, signing in all players, record stats of games by player, clean courts, and make sure to break up any fights.
Excellent experience but limited growth
Account Manager - Media Relations (Former Employee) –  East Rutherford, NJJanuary 26, 2015
Great place to start a career but a lot politics behind the scenes and must sell well or will lose job quickly.
Pros
Free basketball games, great work atmosphere and good comissions
Cons
Management wasn't the best, everyday travel expenses
looking for internship
Replay Operator (Current Employee) –  Secaucus, NJJanuary 13, 2015
Potential Fashion intern looking to cooperate by hands on or visually learning in the areas of styling, marketing, productions and designing to become more proficient and independent in those areas. My ultimate goal is to help continue moving the empowerment of women.
Great
Internship - Public Relations Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 2, 2014
Great company to be a part of wonderful perks and benefits great people, you really get a chance to learn a lot from many different professionals wonderful career patching.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NBA. Our community is ready to answer.