NBA

NBA Employer Reviews

Great people, good enviorment
Audit software (Former Employee), Secaucus, NJOctober 9, 2014
Co-workers are willing to help, a great blend of work and some play
One of the best places to work and fun and good learning experience.
Business Analyst/Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Secaucus, NJSeptember 2, 2014
Coordinated participation and sign-off of various business partners and customers, Thoroughly studied the requirements for the process re-engineering, Managed Gap Analysis to check the compatibility of the existing system infrastructure with the new business requirements.
Good expirence
Promotion Assistant/ Marketing Assistant (Current Employee), Wilmington, DEJuly 16, 2014
You are able to look at all the departments. The environment is reall great
A high stress environment which surely tries to get the most out of workers
Former Employee (Former Employee), Secaucus, NJJuly 2, 2014
Pros: free fruit daily, treats on thursday, and no internet limitations
Cons: stressful environment, everyone seems ready to backstab to make themselves look good, and lack of diversity in management.
This is the type of company which seeks you to be their slave. They will want you to work past 40 hours without receiving overtime, will stress you to the point of sickness, and depending on the department there maybe no really possible advancement unless you suck up to the right people.
Got fans to get involved during timeouts and game breaks.
Summer League Intern (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 20, 2013
I kept high energy during the multiple games that were being played daily. The staff and management were very fun to work with! I loved working for the Summer League and the unique experience I had.
productive, fun workplace, very clean, with pool table, piing pong, darts television and computer in break room
Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee), Xenia, OhJune 18, 2013
Pros: management offered games and contest and we won great prizes
Cons: alot of favoritism
My work schedule was 9am to 6pm. I will clock in always twenty minutes early, I dont like to be late. If there was calls in que, I ask may I go ahead get on tthe phones. NBA is a inbound call center from customers wanting to sign up for a biweekly payment option on any loans, more mortgage loans than any. I love talking with the people, thats really – more... what you have to do to gain their trust, when trying to get money over the phone. Some will enroll their loans, some will decline, because we were not their lender, or argue over How you people get my information? that was the difficult part. – less
Very professional workplace. The hallways had basketball photographs, past and present.
Digital Media Manager (Former Employee), Secaucus, NJNovember 26, 2012
Pros: breakroom looked like a halfcourt live photograph shot. the hourly pay was good.
Cons: mediocre union benefits
A typical day at work consisted of ingesting scheduled live feeds, or different forms of HD tapes, which may consist of interviews or game action video. Before ingesting, color corrections are made and timecode accuracy is perfected. Editors called our department throughout the day, for troubleshooting issues for FinalCutPro or ingest problems.

I've – more... learned how to ingest different of tape, including beta, digital-beta, HD DVC pro, mini digital tapes, and Live arena feeds of games or press conferences. I also learned project management through consistent emailing and/or telephone contacting with various NBA employees throughout the country. We had access to many computers in the building, in case there were any problems

Management was not properly handled with our department. We, as employees, managed projects by prioritizing. My co-workers were great, especially with the constant threat of unemployment or schedule management in a 24-hour department. Workflow was very consistent because of updated daily NBATV shows.

The hardest part of the job was my employment status. I worked as a part-time employee with full-time hours. To work under the conditions of knowing that the company may let you go because of their financial reasons was uncomfortable. At the end of my employment, that's what it came down to. I was let go due to seniority after 5 years, no compensation.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being given the opportunity to travel and work at the NBA All-Star Weekend of 2009 and NBA Rookie Draft of 2011. Employees were personally selected, so it was an honor and exciting, especially being a fan of the game. My co-workers were definitely what made my job comfortable because of the communication we shared to work hard and complete our tasks for the company. – less
Great working environment with a great collective of professionals
Video Production Assistant (Current Employee), Secaucus, NJAugust 29, 2012
At the NBA there is no typical day of work. Hours are different, games are always different and there are always an assortment of projects to be done.
Ik heb prettig gewerkt meer dan 10 jaar bij de NOvAA/NBA, fijne werkgever en collega's
Afdelingssecretaresse (Former Employee), AmsterdamNovember 23, 2012
Pros: vele regelingen voor personeel, fiets regeling pc regeling, nu niet meer...maar andere vervangingen.
Cons: te ver verhuisd van mijn woonplek en open space werken
Goed begin computer opstarten, koffie, bij kletsen collega's al werkend in een informele sfeer, druk erg druk qua werkzaamheden maar er wordt tussendoor ook genoeg gelachen.
moeilijkste van de baan, niet, overal wel een uitdaging en een oplossing of in overleg met hulp aan te pakken geweest.
Leukste van de baan, vrijheid om zelfstandig je werk goed – more... te kunnen doen, en flexibiliteit in werktijd. – less
Très intéressant
Volunteer (Former Employee), MontréalAugust 12, 2012
Pros: voir des athlètes de haut niveau
Cons: le temps de travail était trop court
J'ai aimé les explications données sur mes tâches pour que je puisse bien les exécuter.

About NBA

The NBA is a global sports and media business built around three professional sports leagues: the National Basketball Association, – Read more