NBA Employee Reviews

Good company to work with someone who will always enjoy.
Hadoop Developer (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 8, 2015
Good company to work with someone who will always enjoy and getting new technologies intact with lot of new learning and management attitudes towards employee.
Decent Place to work
Project employee (Former Employee), NJMay 18, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours
Cons: Does not offer full time position to project employees.
Decent place to work with long but flexible hours. Unfortunately if you get hired as a project employee you only get hired twice in a ten month period and never again. No full time positions are offered.
Fun
Youth League Team Member (Former Employee), Southfield, MIApril 28, 2015
The Jr NBA JR WNBA is the easiest job ever you just have to enjoy basketball and seeing youths have fun. a typical work day would consist of setting the basketball rims to the appropriate height, signing in all players, record stats of games by player, clean courts, and make sure to break up any fights.
Excellent experience but limited growth
Account Manager - Media Relations (Former Employee), East Rutherford, NJJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: free basketball games, great work atmosphere and good comissions
Cons: management wasn't the best, everyday travel expenses
Great place to start a career but a lot politics behind the scenes and must sell well or will lose job quickly.
looking for internship
Replay Operator (Current Employee), Secaucus, NJJanuary 13, 2015
Potential Fashion intern looking to cooperate by hands on or visually learning in the areas of styling, marketing, productions and designing to become more proficient and independent in those areas. My ultimate goal is to help continue moving the empowerment of women.
Great
Internship - Public Relations Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INDecember 2, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Great company to be a part of wonderful perks and benefits great people, you really get a chance to learn a lot from many different professionals wonderful career patching.
Great people, good enviorment
Audit software (Former Employee), Secaucus, NJOctober 9, 2014
Co-workers are willing to help, a great blend of work and some play
One of the best places to work and fun and good learning experience.
Business Analyst/Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Secaucus, NJSeptember 2, 2014
Coordinated participation and sign-off of various business partners and customers, Thoroughly studied the requirements for the process re-engineering, Managed Gap Analysis to check the compatibility of the existing system infrastructure with the new business requirements.
Good expirence
Promotion Assistant/ Marketing Assistant (Current Employee), Wilmington, DEJuly 16, 2014
You are able to look at all the departments. The environment is reall great
A high stress environment which surely tries to get the most out of workers
Former Employee (Former Employee), Secaucus, NJJuly 2, 2014
Pros: free fruit daily, treats on thursday, and no internet limitations
Cons: stressful environment, everyone seems ready to backstab to make themselves look good, and lack of diversity in management.
This is the type of company which seeks you to be their slave. They will want you to work past 40 hours without receiving overtime, will stress you to the point of sickness, and depending on the department there maybe no really possible advancement unless you suck up to the right people.
Got fans to get involved during timeouts and game breaks.
Summer League Intern (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 20, 2013
I kept high energy during the multiple games that were being played daily. The staff and management were very fun to work with! I loved working for the Summer League and the unique experience I had.
Good work invirment
Sales (Former Employee), Saint George, UTJanuary 18, 2013
it was a fun place to work. but there was not stable pay checks
Very professional workplace. The hallways had basketball photographs, past and present.
Digital Media Manager (Former Employee), Secaucus, NJNovember 26, 2012
Pros: breakroom looked like a halfcourt live photograph shot. the hourly pay was good.
Cons: mediocre union benefits
A typical day at work consisted of ingesting scheduled live feeds, or different forms of HD tapes, which may consist of interviews or game action video. Before ingesting, color corrections are made and timecode accuracy is perfected. Editors called our department throughout the day, for troubleshooting issues for FinalCutPro or ingest problems.

I've learned how to ingest different of tape, including beta, digital-beta, HD DVC pro, mini digital tapes, and Live arena feeds of games or press conferences. I also learned project management through consistent emailing and/or telephone contacting with various NBA employees throughout the country. We had access to many computers in the building, in case there were any problems

Management was not properly handled with our department. We, as employees, managed projects by prioritizing. My co-workers were great, especially with the constant threat of unemployment or schedule management in a 24-hour department. Workflow was very consistent because of updated daily NBATV shows.

The hardest part of the job was my employment status. I worked as a part-time employee with full-time hours. To work under the conditions of knowing that the company may let you go because of their financial reasons was uncomfortable. At the end of my employment, that's what it came down to. I was let go due to seniority after 5 years, no compensation.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being given the opportunity to travel and work at the NBA All-Star Weekend of 2009 and NBA Rookie Draft of 2011. Employees were personally selected, so it was an honor and exciting, especially being a fan of the game. My co-workers were definitely what made my job comfortable because of the communication we shared to work hard and complete our tasks for the company.
Great working environment with a great collective of professionals
Video Production Assistant (Current Employee), Secaucus, NJAugust 29, 2012
At the NBA there is no typical day of work. Hours are different, games are always different and there are always an assortment of projects to be done.
Industry