NBA Employee Reviews in United States

Rich Company
Basketball Player (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 8, 2016
Best Company in the world. They pay you a lot of money and they pay you to play Basketball and you just need to be good at it. You just need to go to practice and shoot arounds and play the games. Strive for being the best.
Review
Tonight Content Associate (Current Employee) –  Bristol, CTMay 3, 2016
While working at ESPN, I have gained valuable experience working with the NBA as I have been a part of the NBA Tonight show for the past three seasons. The skills that I have learned while employed at ESPN I will be able to carry with me throughout my career. Working for ESPN has exposed me to various procedures and technologies on how to make video content more exciting and impactful for sports fans. The emphasis is constantly being placed on sharpening video editing skills which has allowed me to evolve and gain a greater understanding of this field. A career with the New Orleans Pelicans would be an honor for me. Being that I am from the New Orleans I know the excitement and expectations the fans have for this great organization. Bringing the knowledge and skills that I have learned back to the city that I know and love would be a great opportunity. Time management, organization, teamwork, leadership skills, and communication are all tools that I possess and are essential in order to create quality content that fans can connect with and love. Northwestern State University and my employment at ESPN has prepared me to competently fulfill the role of a video production manager.
Pros
Great
Cons
Non really
Productive and Create work environment
Freelance Editor / Producer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 30, 2015
Great place to work for with fun and creative people that enjoyed what they were doing. I would recommend this company to anyone and still have lifelong friends there.
I Provide high level skill development and training to all athletes.
Certified Professional instructor (Current Employee) –  Dunwoody, GaAugust 25, 2015
I design and develop new training techniques to improve ball-handling, shooting and overall game play of Athletes to improve overall game play.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
No family time or benefits
Good company to work with someone who will always enjoy.
Hadoop Developer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 8, 2015
Good company to work with someone who will always enjoy and getting new technologies intact with lot of new learning and management attitudes towards employee.
Decent Place to work
Project employee (Former Employee) –  NJMay 18, 2015
Decent place to work with long but flexible hours. Unfortunately if you get hired as a project employee you only get hired twice in a ten month period and never again. No full time positions are offered.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Does not offer full time position to project employees.
Fun
Youth League Team Member (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIApril 28, 2015
The Jr NBA JR WNBA is the easiest job ever you just have to enjoy basketball and seeing youths have fun. a typical work day would consist of setting the basketball rims to the appropriate height, signing in all players, record stats of games by player, clean courts, and make sure to break up any fights.
Excellent experience but limited growth
Account Manager - Media Relations (Former Employee) –  East Rutherford, NJJanuary 26, 2015
Great place to start a career but a lot politics behind the scenes and must sell well or will lose job quickly.
Pros
free basketball games, great work atmosphere and good comissions
Cons
management wasn't the best, everyday travel expenses
looking for internship
Replay Operator (Current Employee) –  Secaucus, NJJanuary 13, 2015
Potential Fashion intern looking to cooperate by hands on or visually learning in the areas of styling, marketing, productions and designing to become more proficient and independent in those areas. My ultimate goal is to help continue moving the empowerment of women.
Great
Internship - Public Relations Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 2, 2014
Great company to be a part of wonderful perks and benefits great people, you really get a chance to learn a lot from many different professionals wonderful career patching.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Great people, good enviorment
Audit software (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJOctober 9, 2014
Co-workers are willing to help, a great blend of work and some play
One of the best places to work and fun and good learning experience.
Business Analyst/Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Secaucus, NJSeptember 2, 2014
Coordinated participation and sign-off of various business partners and customers, Thoroughly studied the requirements for the process re-engineering, Managed Gap Analysis to check the compatibility of the existing system infrastructure with the new business requirements.
Good expirence
Promotion Assistant/ Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJuly 16, 2014
You are able to look at all the departments. The environment is reall great
A high stress environment which surely tries to get the most out of workers
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Secaucus, NJJuly 2, 2014
This is the type of company which seeks you to be their slave. They will want you to work past 40 hours without receiving overtime, will stress you to the point of sickness, and depending on the department there maybe no really possible advancement unless you suck up to the right people.
Pros
free fruit daily, treats on thursday, and no internet limitations
Cons
stressful environment, everyone seems ready to backstab to make themselves look good, and lack of diversity in management.
Got fans to get involved during timeouts and game breaks.
Summer League Intern (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 20, 2013
I kept high energy during the multiple games that were being played daily. The staff and management were very fun to work with! I loved working for the Summer League and the unique experience I had.
productive, fun workplace, very clean, with pool table, piing pong, darts television and computer in break room
Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Xenia, OhJune 18, 2013
My work schedule was 9am to 6pm. I will clock in always twenty minutes early, I dont like to be late. If there was calls in que, I ask may I go ahead get on tthe phones. NBA is a inbound call center from customers wanting to sign up for a biweekly payment option on any loans, more mortgage loans than any. I love talking with the people, thats really what you have to do to gain their trust, when trying to get money over the phone. Some will enroll their loans, some will decline, because we were not their lender, or argue over How you people get my information? that was the difficult part.
Pros
management offered games and contest and we won great prizes
Cons
alot of favoritism
Good work invirment
Sales (Former Employee) –  Saint George, UTJanuary 18, 2013
it was a fun place to work. but there was not stable pay checks
Great working environment with a great collective of professionals
Video Production Assistant (Current Employee) –  Secaucus, NJAugust 29, 2012
At the NBA there is no typical day of work. Hours are different, games are always different and there are always an assortment of projects to be done.