NBC News Employee Reviews in United States

Great Place to Work
News Desk Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 30, 2015
Great Place to work if interested in political coverage. Opportunities to grow within the company if you have the correct qualification. You learn alot while working at this location. Great people. Great experience.
great place to work
Digital Features Editorial Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 27, 2015
Located in the historic 30 Rock building. Every where you turn you're surrounding my creative minds. There are lots of departments, with lots of things to do and people to meet.
Good Experience
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 11, 2014
Great starting place to give wonderful education and foundation in selected industry.
Exciting place to work and learn
Intern, NBC News New York/Northeast Bureau (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 20, 2014
Great place to learn basic newsgathering skills and learn how a story is pitched, field produced and edited for air.
Supportive atmosphere
Production Finance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 11, 2014
At the time I worked there, employees were mentored and there was room for advancement. It's been several years so I can't speak for the company now.
Pros
good benefits and salary increases
Cons
environment was starting to change when i left the company
Fast-paced company with high turnover
News Editor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 15, 2014
There is a lot of mixing of duties despite specific job titles. Everyone has a hand in just about everything.
Research assistant for prime time news program
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  washington DCFebruary 22, 2014
The work was a little boring and the news anchors were divas, but it was a good experience.
Productive an fun place to work.
Writer/Producer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 28, 2013
There are no typical days in broadcasting. News changes quickly and deadlines have to be met. The broadcasting world was an exciting place to be with interesting and intelligent people. Co-workers were equally interesting and talented. I never felt that any position I help was difficult and enjoyed the 11 years I spent in various positions.
Pros
talent and hard work were appreciated by top management
Cons
there were no days off to count on. the business was all consuming.
same as previous
Computer Input Center Manager / Field Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 28, 2013
same as previous; warm company atmosphere, responsibility of managing a work group of over 5,000 employees. The excitement of election coverage.
Pros
same as previous
Cons
same as previous
Varied freelance assignments allow me to tap into sources of interest/knowledge: health, science, business, parenting, entertainment and politics.
Freelance reporter and photographer (Current Employee) –  home officeApril 17, 2013
As a freelance writer, I have been able to explore subjects in depth and work with different type of editors (health, business/money and parenting.) It is fascinating to meet and work with so many well-informed, thoughtful and successful editors and writers.

NBC news (and other major news organizations, such as Thompson Reuters and MSN) has provided a visible platform for my work. My stories have been reprinted in other major media outlets, including Huffington Post and WPIX nightly news.

I have a proven ability to find and write a compelling story, a critical component to being a productive freelance writer. I have been fortunate that this has afforded me the opportunity direct my energy toward interesting and fulfilling assignments.

Because of the temporary nature of freelancing, however, I consider it a satisfying but short-term means to my end goal, which is to be a staff writer at a creative/editorial organization.
Pros
learning about so many subjects, meeting so many interesting people, the convenience of flexible scheduling, becoming proficient at time management skills, rising to the intellectual challenge of fitting my ideas to the news cycle, learning how to answer an editor's needs in a mutually satisfying way.
Cons
low freelance pay, balancing commitments to avoid accepting too many or too few assignments, balancing the schedules of interview subjects in order to meet my deadlines, lack of physical connection with editors/co-workers can be isolating, miscommunications can occur when complex ideas are shared via email.
Great company and staff
Writer/Producer (Freelance) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 21, 2013
Once receiving a topic in which the producers of the show wanted to promote, I would then write a script, do a music search and being producing the promo for the show. After getting approval on the script from the Senior Producer and Creative Director I execute the spot with an editor.
A Summary of my time at NBC Affiliate Marketing
Affiliate Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 11, 2012
I had a wonderful time working with NBC Affiliate Marketing.
Pros
a fun work environment
Cons
i was only an intern