NBC News

NBC News Employer Reviews

Productive an fun place to work.
Writer/Producer (Former Employee), New York, NYSeptember 28, 2013
Pros: talent and hard work were appreciated by top management
Cons: there were no days off to count on. the business was all consuming.
There are no typical days in broadcasting. News changes quickly and deadlines have to be met. The broadcasting world was an exciting place to be with interesting and intelligent people. Co-workers were equally interesting and talented. I never felt that any position I help was difficult and enjoyed the 11 years I spent in various positions.
same as previous
Computer Input Center Manager / Field Coordinator (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 28, 2013
Pros: same as previous
Cons: same as previous
same as previous; warm company atmosphere, responsibility of managing a work group of over 5,000 employees. The excitement of election coverage.
Varied freelance assignments allow me to tap into sources of interest/knowledge: health, science, business, parenting, entertainment and politics.
Freelance reporter and photographer (Current Employee), home officeApril 17, 2013
Pros: learning about so many subjects, meeting so many interesting people, the convenience of flexible scheduling, becoming proficient at time management skills, rising to the intellectual challenge of fitting my ideas to the news cycle, learning how to answer an editor's needs in a mutually satisfying way.
Cons: low freelance pay, balancing commitments to avoid accepting too many or too few assignments, balancing the schedules of interview subjects in order to meet my deadlines, lack of physical connection with editors/co-workers can be isolating, miscommunications can occur when complex ideas are shared via email.
As a freelance writer, I have been able to explore subjects in depth and work with different type of editors (health, business/money and parenting.) It is fascinating to meet and work with so many well-informed, thoughtful and successful editors and writers.

NBC news (and other major news organizations, such as Thompson Reuters and MSN) has provided – more... a visible platform for my work. My stories have been reprinted in other major media outlets, including Huffington Post and WPIX nightly news.

I have a proven ability to find and write a compelling story, a critical component to being a productive freelance writer. I have been fortunate that this has afforded me the opportunity direct my energy toward interesting and fulfilling assignments.

Because of the temporary nature of freelancing, however, I consider it a satisfying but short-term means to my end goal, which is to be a staff writer at a creative/editorial organization. – less
Great company and staff
Writer/Producer (Freelance) (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 21, 2013
Once receiving a topic in which the producers of the show wanted to promote, I would then write a script, do a music search and being producing the promo for the show. After getting approval on the script from the Senior Producer and Creative Director I execute the spot with an editor.
A Summary of my time at NBC Affiliate Marketing
Affiliate Marketing Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 11, 2012
Pros: a fun work environment
Cons: i was only an intern
I had a wonderful time working with NBC Affiliate Marketing.