NBC Sports

NBC Sports Employer Reviews

Up beat and always busy
Freelance coordinating production manager (Former Employee), Stamford, CTJuly 22, 2014
Pros: being able to learn while i worked
Cons: small spaces (old location) and i would have liked to have been staff.
Working with the company for the short amount of time I did, I enjoyed learning and being amidst some of the most talented people I've ever worked with. I was always busy, always running somewhere doing something and making sure things were where they needed to be. I felt important and I liked being an asset to the company.
See Review Above
Executive Office Intern (Former Employee), Stamford, CTJuly 19, 2014
Great work environment where employees expect excellence. There's also a lot of work for interns to complete.
Amazing experience, looking to make it more permanent
Production Assistant (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 29, 2014
Pros: free lunches, have met and interacted with nbc sports on-air personalities.
Cons: long days with a flat-rate pay
A typical day has me working hockey games that will be broadcasted on NBC sports. The games I work are located in Boston at the TD Garden. I typically help the crew set up for the nights broadcast by running lines, helping build cameras, installing sound mics on the ice, and other related duties.

Management and my co-workers are great. They are all – more... friendly and willing to help me progress towards my career goals. They are easy to talk to and work with and make the long days fun.

The hardest part of the job is not having the knowledge that others have.

Seeing how a televised sports event is broadcasted is an amazing learning experience and that, along with working with on-air broadcasters is the best part of the job.

Having them refer to me by name is a great morale boost and something that makes me want to do even more to advance at NBC. – less
nbc
Digital Director - Travel Accounts and West Coast (Former Employee), Carlsbad, CAMarch 5, 2014
fun company. terrific brand. enjoyed co-workers and opportunity to sell a top rated product.
Great internship!
Sports Broadcast Intern (Former Employee), Washington D.C.January 28, 2014
Pros: sporting events access
Cons: long hours
When I interned at NBC in Washington D.C. It was one of the best summers of my life! I was a big help to the anchors and production staff, assisting with the production of nightly newscasts. I went to numerous sporting events in the DC area including Nationals games, Redskins Training camp and even the 2011 U.S Open.
fun work environment
Audio Engineer/ Effects Package (Current Employee), Yonkers, NYNovember 8, 2013
Good staff.
Work alongside Audio / Video Engineer (Former Employee), Stamford, CTOctober 14, 2013
Pros: worked with guys ive known in the business
Cons: travel, under severe time crunch
staff provided everything they could to help you get job done.
Growing company with lots of potential
Production (Current Employee), Stamford, CTOctober 7, 2013
Hardest part of the job is the long hours.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the diverse pool of people you get to work with.
It's a challenging, but equally rewarding job that requires a high level of adaptation, organization and patience.
An Exciting Break into Broadcast
PRODUCTION ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMay 17, 2013
My first broadcast job while attending the University of Utah. My opportunity at NBC Sports paved the way for an exciting career in sports broadcasting.
Fun Place to Work, Great People
Sr. Associate (Former Employee), Burr Ridge, ILJanuary 25, 2013
Pros: fun environment, casual workplace
Cons: office in suburbs, lots of travel, long hours
It was a great job - great management, great co-workers, tight knit group of employees

Lots of travel and get to experience new places and events
Fun place to work, great environment
Production Assistant (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 23, 2012
Doesn't get much better than this, being a part of a great team and a great sport.
Productive and fun work environment with behind the scene perks
Media Relations Intern (Former Employee), Paris, A8August 18, 2013
A typical work day included assisting the production staff with reports and compiling statistical information on players and tournament. This included video highlight editing as well
I learned how to efficiently compile information and deliver it in a timely fashion to broadcasters.
The best part of the job was interacting with the staff and tv personalities. – more... Along with meeting players and accessing the behind the scene environment. – less
An amazing once in a life time opportunity
Merchandise and wardrobe runner (Former Employee), LondonOctober 3, 2012
I was on hand in the merchandise and wardrobe departments during NBC's coverage of the London 2012 Olympic games.
I made sure all the TV talent had clean and presentable clothes for the days shootings and was also on stand-by during filming.