NBC Sports Employee Reviews

Egotistical, nepotistic upper management and spineless lower management create intolerable work environment.
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTDecember 12, 2017
Boys club, nepotistic and at times bullying mentality in some upper production management as well as the female head of HR. Cliquey environment formed by those stated above as well as those throughout the ranks willing to trade human integrity for opportunity. Horrendous communication from long time production heads still stuck in their glory days of TV to the point that creativity is discouraged and punishable unless done within their narrow scope of vision and reward.
Pros
Nice facility and amazing fitness facility attached to studios/office space. Good benefits.
Cons
Horrible growth potential under political and biased hierarchy.
Very great style of that place
Server Food service (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 18, 2017
It's an nice environment to work at, food and coworkers are great, variety of alcoholics beverages as beers and cocktails, food is amazing, definitely recommended.
Productive and Fun place to work
Digital Sponsorship Integration Specialist (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTOctober 4, 2017
Working here isn't working, it's doing what you love. All departments work together to produce the best television and entertainment in the business. I enjoyed the social break areas and events. Everyone is inviting and wants to help you accel in your department and in your career.
Pros
Free lunches, great break areas, organized, competitive, well structured, benefits are great and life insurance
Cons
n/a
Video Workflow Engineer (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTSeptember 14, 2017
Management understands that life comes before work, so all deadlines are created with this in mind. You do the work required, you'll be treated great. Lots of internal promotions and hiring within for new positions too.
Pros
Work life balance, accolades based on work.
Cons
Benefits could be better. I have to travel 20 miles from home for any doctor.
Its awesome
Logger/Subclipper (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTSeptember 5, 2017
Great company, everything I could ask for when I come to work everyday and a job at a company that I plan on holding down and building a very long career at.
Fun workplace but fast pace and stress can be overwhelming at times
PRODUCER/STATISTICIAN/PLAYER LIAISON (Current Employee) –  freelanceAugust 2, 2017
Fun workplace but fast pace and stress can be overwhelming at times ... high demands are part of the job and chance for advancement has been slow to come
Pros
travel, accommodations, salary
Cons
chance for advancement
Nbc
Associate Producer (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 31, 2017
Good place to work, good work life balance and good leadership, hard to advance in career as company is so larger and they often bring in new talent for open positions rather than hiring within.
A great place to work
Technical Facilities Scheduler - Rio Olympics (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJuly 18, 2017
I worked on Summer Olympics 2016 and experienced an amazing group of professionals working together, openly communicating consistently. We all made things happen under the duress of following a new work flow and utilizing new state-of-the-art equipment. Management and Human Resources and IT Support were extraordinary.
Pros
Wonderful experience; Talented Professionals & great Human Resources
Cons
N\a
Oh my what a job
Production Intern (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJune 4, 2017
This job was fine. This job was ok. This job was something that I loved doing so much that im embarrassed that I even had it to begin with. Its amazing
Only worked weekends
Talent Assistant /Statistics Researcher (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 30, 2017
Had a weekend sports job here, don't know much about the company and can't speak to the growth opportunities. One thing i know is that they were big on graduates from Notre Dame.
Fun place to work with good benefits
Director of Product Development (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTMay 15, 2017
NBC Sports was a fun place to work with nice people. It became a difficult commute from NYC and you are kind of stuck on campus once your there without a car. But we got a good discount from Chelsea Piers which is attached to the building so it made working out easy. I wish there was a more laid back telecommuting option since we work with many outside vendors and spend most of our time on conference calls. Really the only reason I left was the lack of telecommuting, being that it was 2 hrs door to door each way.
Pros
ability to take breaks when ever a meeting wasn't scheduled, good overall atmosphere, playfull
Cons
location
Productive and fun
Director of Photography (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 1, 2017
NBC sports is a great place to work for, wether it be for 1 day as a freelancer or as a full time employee. The staff is great and the work ethic of everyone is top notch.
Fantastic place to work
Digital Editorial Intern (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTApril 3, 2017
Worked with the newsdesk on monitoring content and updating social media handles.
Attended seminars with NBC executives to gain a better understanding of the industry
Fun place to work
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTDecember 6, 2016
It is a very great company to work with. Everyone here is really friendly and willing to help you progress as long as you ready to put effort into your work
Fun Atosmphere
Broadcast Specialist, Olympic Operations (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTOctober 31, 2016
Fun place to work. Great coworkers who love to work as part of a team. Can be very hard to get promoted in certain areas of the business. Communication is often muddled, but CEO is amazing.
Fun workplace -Depends on your Management
Digital streaming (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTOctober 21, 2016
Great place to work. Fun office environment with games around the office and ping pong table. Not much Balance between work and social life because weekends are our busiest days. Growth within your company really depends on your manager.
Good place to work, but not much mobility
Creative Director (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTSeptember 14, 2016
Lots of smart hardworking people. Can have the tendency to be a boys club. Upward mobility is hard and leads to frequent turnover.
Productive and Fun
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTAugust 28, 2016
Best place I have worked so far. Best people in sports television to work for and I hope I get to work for them again very soon.
Co-Workers
EXECUTIVE ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT TO PRESIDENT (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 12, 2016
Being apart of NBC was a wonderful experience to learn about certain sports I previously knew nothing about. The Previous management helped me grow as a person and in the professional world.
Energetic workplace with endless learning opportunities
Executive Intern (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTApril 3, 2016
Working at NBC Sports was an incredible experience for me. This internship program allowed me to meet an extensive amount of influential people who all helped me learn something about the company. Additionally, I narrowed down my interests and learned what I really love.