NBC Sports

NBC Sports Employee Reviews

Freelance
Runner (Current Employee), Stamford, CTJune 19, 2015
I am a freelance runner for NBC Sports, and I love every minute that I am there. It is such an adrenaline rush being able to be apart of a live televised sporting event. There is a lot of pressure during the show, but after, everyone is always elated with how smoothly everything ran.
Great work environment
Subclipper/Logger (Current Employee), Stamford, CTJune 16, 2015
NBC is a great place to work. At NBC the people are wonderful, the environment is great and every day I enjoy going to work.
Great job
Logger/Subclipper (Current Employee), Stamford, CTJanuary 10, 2015
A typical day at work begins with a morning meeting for NASCAR America in which we discuss the topics of the show for that day. While working alongside with the producers, I grab clips for the editors and put them into a sequence, so they can be put into the show. I spend time in the edits as a production assistant and that is one of the most enjoyable parts of my job. I am knowledgeable about the steps that are necessary to take in order to make a final product for show and can work with my co-workers to make the best product in the quickest amount of time. Overall, I continue to learn everyday and improve my skills to further better my experience in television production.
Productive workplace
Video Record Engineer (Former Employee), Stamford, CTDecember 17, 2014
Pros: pay was very high, game room, free snacks
Cons: long hours
I was a freelancer with NBC Sports for the 2014 Winter Olympics so my time with them was short. I learned how to convert HD feeds to SD and how to record to DVD, tape, and computer file. The management were pleasant. My co-workers were all pleasant. A lot of them were also freelancers for the Olympics and we worked well together. The hardest part of the job was working long and unusual hours. My schedule was 6pm-6am. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing all the various NBC feeds and interacting with the Transmission staff when taking in feeds.
NBC Sports a Great Company
Live Tournament Logger (Current Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 1, 2014
Great company to work for. Atmosphere is fun and management is helpful. Highly recommend to anyone.
Up beat and always busy
Freelance coordinating production manager (Former Employee), Stamford, CTJuly 22, 2014
Pros: being able to learn while i worked
Cons: small spaces (old location) and i would have liked to have been staff.
Working with the company for the short amount of time I did, I enjoyed learning and being amidst some of the most talented people I've ever worked with. I was always busy, always running somewhere doing something and making sure things were where they needed to be. I felt important and I liked being an asset to the company.
See Review Above
Executive Office Intern (Former Employee), Stamford, CTJuly 19, 2014
Great work environment where employees expect excellence. There's also a lot of work for interns to complete.
Amazing experience, looking to make it more permanent
Production Assistant (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 29, 2014
Pros: free lunches, have met and interacted with nbc sports on-air personalities.
Cons: long days with a flat-rate pay
A typical day has me working hockey games that will be broadcasted on NBC sports. The games I work are located in Boston at the TD Garden. I typically help the crew set up for the nights broadcast by running lines, helping build cameras, installing sound mics on the ice, and other related duties.

Management and my co-workers are great. They are all friendly and willing to help me progress towards my career goals. They are easy to talk to and work with and make the long days fun.

The hardest part of the job is not having the knowledge that others have.

Seeing how a televised sports event is broadcasted is an amazing learning experience and that, along with working with on-air broadcasters is the best part of the job.

Having them refer to me by name is a great morale boost and something that makes me want to do even more to advance at NBC.
nbc
Digital Director - Travel Accounts and West Coast (Former Employee), Carlsbad, CAMarch 5, 2014
fun company. terrific brand. enjoyed co-workers and opportunity to sell a top rated product.
Great internship!
Sports Broadcast Intern (Former Employee), Washington D.C.January 28, 2014
Pros: sporting events access
Cons: long hours
When I interned at NBC in Washington D.C. It was one of the best summers of my life! I was a big help to the anchors and production staff, assisting with the production of nightly newscasts. I went to numerous sporting events in the DC area including Nationals games, Redskins Training camp and even the 2011 U.S Open.
fun work environment
Audio Engineer/ Effects Package (Current Employee), Yonkers, NYNovember 8, 2013
Good staff.
Work alongside Audio / Video Engineer (Former Employee), Stamford, CTOctober 14, 2013
Pros: worked with guys ive known in the business
Cons: travel, under severe time crunch
staff provided everything they could to help you get job done.
Growing company with lots of potential
Production (Current Employee), Stamford, CTOctober 7, 2013
Hardest part of the job is the long hours.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the diverse pool of people you get to work with.
It's a challenging, but equally rewarding job that requires a high level of adaptation, organization and patience.
An Exciting Break into Broadcast
PRODUCTION ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMay 17, 2013
My first broadcast job while attending the University of Utah. My opportunity at NBC Sports paved the way for an exciting career in sports broadcasting.
Fun Place to Work, Great People
Sr. Associate (Former Employee), Burr Ridge, ILJanuary 25, 2013
Pros: fun environment, casual workplace
Cons: office in suburbs, lots of travel, long hours
It was a great job - great management, great co-workers, tight knit group of employees

Lots of travel and get to experience new places and events
Fun place to work, great environment
Production Assistant (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 23, 2012
Doesn't get much better than this, being a part of a great team and a great sport.