NBC Sports Employee Reviews in United States

A fast-paced, exciting, interesting, friendly environment
Production Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTDecember 17, 2015
As a former college football player, I am working for NBC Sports on three of their excellent football shows - Football Night in America, Pro Football Talk, and Fantasy Football Live. My day is spent in assisting the on-air talent by providing accurate, interesting, on the spot information that is to be used on the daily live broadcasts. I also secure interesting buzz-worthy segments of the live shows to be posted on the NBC Sports website. I also manage the social media accounts of the live shows with the goal of spreading awareness and promoting interest to the audience, and attracting viewers to the NBC Sports website.
Everyday is an enjoyable learning experience. The management is most supportive and my co-workers are a pleasure to work with.
The hardest part of the job is the commute.
The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to be an active participant in the world of sports.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
State of the art facility and productive environment
Logger (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTMarch 31, 2016
Currently, I work at the NBC Sports Group campus in Stamford as a logger and subclipper who documents events during various NBC sports broadcasts of the NHL, NFL, NCAA Football, NCAA Basketball and more. The job is enjoyable because of its scheduling freedom, however, it can get difficult when the same task is repeated over time. I always try not to get lulled into a routine where I go through the motions.
Energetic workplace with endless learning opportunities
Executive Intern (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTApril 3, 2016
Working at NBC Sports was an incredible experience for me. This internship program allowed me to meet an extensive amount of influential people who all helped me learn something about the company. Additionally, I narrowed down my interests and learned what I really love.
Very fun exciting work place environment.
Assisting the production crew (Former Employee) –  Various locationsDecember 3, 2015
A typical day at NBC sports is filled with adventure and adrenaline. I worked for the part of NBC sports that covered Nascar. I got to see parts of the country I would probably never get the chance to experience. The thrill of being part of a live broadcast was enough to want me to stay with NBC sports forever. My coworkers were very easy to get along with. The hardest part of my job was getting from raceway to raceway. Other then the commute from raceway to raceway I throughly enjoyed ever second of working for NBC sports
Pushing the sport forward
CreativeLead/lead producer On air Promotions (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 18, 2016
Faced Paced creative environment. leading the way...team here is dedicated and focused on the sports landscape. Every Day is a new challenge, every day is a new opportunity to grow.
NBC Programming Intern
Programming Intern (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJanuary 14, 2016
I enjoyed my time at NBC Sports. I learned a lot and met a lot of people who love their jobs and push you to do better. I would have to do a lot of checking over spreadsheets and sometimes would be able to work on a project on my own and be creative.
Pros
experience
Cons
sometimes got treated as a new guy and not like an equal
Integrity and hard work can pay off
Associate Director (Current Employee) –  Everywhere, WorldAugust 12, 2015
NBC has been a fantastic place to grow as a Television producer. There is a work ethic code that is under the entire umbrella and everyone follows it. Long hours and hard work are what you find at NBC Sports, but there is a huge payoff. This includes working with fantastic people, traveling to some of the most outrageous places and experience some of the most exciting moments in sports. I would recommend NBC Sports to anyone who wants to work hard and learn about what it takes to work in television.
Fun working environment centered around sports
Senior Logger (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTDecember 18, 2015
Fun environment if you enjoy working in the world of sports.Daily duties included cataloging feeds and analyzing footage.
Pros
Fun, high paced
NBC sport logger
Sport Logger/ Sub Clipper (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTNovember 16, 2015
Great experience to learn more into depth about all sports while meeting great people in the process. Great company to work for
Overall good environment to work in
N/A (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTAugust 31, 2015
Great environment to work in. Offer many perks within the company. Obvious issues with communication and politics, but have some ability to control your own environment. Demanding customer base, but it is expected.
Pros
perks, occasional free lunches/events
Cons
politics, lack of communication

Want to know more about NBC Sports?

Ask a question
Productive workplace
Video Record Engineer (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTDecember 17, 2014
I was a freelancer with NBC Sports for the 2014 Winter Olympics so my time with them was short. I learned how to convert HD feeds to SD and how to record to DVD, tape, and computer file. The management were pleasant. My co-workers were all pleasant. A lot of them were also freelancers for the Olympics and we worked well together. The hardest part of the job was working long and unusual hours. My schedule was 6pm-6am. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing all the various NBC feeds and interacting with the Transmission staff when taking in feeds.
Pros
pay was very high, game room, free snacks
Cons
Amazing experience, looking to make it more permanent
Production Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 29, 2014
A typical day has me working hockey games that will be broadcasted on NBC sports. The games I work are located in Boston at the TD Garden. I typically help the crew set up for the nights broadcast by running lines, helping build cameras, installing sound mics on the ice, and other related duties.

Management and my co-workers are great. They are all friendly and willing to help me progress towards my career goals. They are easy to talk to and work with and make the long days fun.

The hardest part of the job is not having the knowledge that others have.

Seeing how a televised sports event is broadcasted is an amazing learning experience and that, along with working with on-air broadcasters is the best part of the job.

Having them refer to me by name is a great morale boost and something that makes me want to do even more to advance at NBC.
Pros
free lunches, have met and interacted with nbc sports on-air personalities.
Cons
long days with a flat-rate pay
Fun and energetic work environemnt
Time management (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJuly 18, 2015
A typical day was coming in, meeting up with your team and organizing what events were assigned to who. Everyone was fair and willing to work with another.
Freelance
Runner (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTJune 19, 2015
I am a freelance runner for NBC Sports, and I love every minute that I am there. It is such an adrenaline rush being able to be apart of a live televised sporting event. There is a lot of pressure during the show, but after, everyone is always elated with how smoothly everything ran.
Great job
Logger/Subclipper (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTJanuary 10, 2015
A typical day at work begins with a morning meeting for NASCAR America in which we discuss the topics of the show for that day. While working alongside with the producers, I grab clips for the editors and put them into a sequence, so they can be put into the show. I spend time in the edits as a production assistant and that is one of the most enjoyable parts of my job. I am knowledgeable about the steps that are necessary to take in order to make a final product for show and can work with my co-workers to make the best product in the quickest amount of time. Overall, I continue to learn everyday and improve my skills to further better my experience in television production.
Great work environment
Subclipper/Logger (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTJune 16, 2015
NBC is a great place to work. At NBC the people are wonderful, the environment is great and every day I enjoy going to work.
Fun Place to Work, Great People
Sr. Associate (Former Employee) –  Burr Ridge, ILJanuary 25, 2013
It was a great job - great management, great co-workers, tight knit group of employees

Lots of travel and get to experience new places and events
Pros
fun environment, casual workplace
Cons
office in suburbs, lots of travel, long hours
Great internship!
Sports Broadcast Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington D.C.January 28, 2014
When I interned at NBC in Washington D.C. It was one of the best summers of my life! I was a big help to the anchors and production staff, assisting with the production of nightly newscasts. I went to numerous sporting events in the DC area including Nationals games, Redskins Training camp and even the 2011 U.S Open.
Pros
sporting events access
Up beat and always busy
Freelance coordinating production manager (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJuly 22, 2014
Working with the company for the short amount of time I did, I enjoyed learning and being amidst some of the most talented people I've ever worked with. I was always busy, always running somewhere doing something and making sure things were where they needed to be. I felt important and I liked being an asset to the company.
Pros
being able to learn while i worked
Cons
small spaces (old location) and i would have liked to have been staff.
Growing company with lots of potential
Production (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTOctober 7, 2013
Hardest part of the job is the long hours.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the diverse pool of people you get to work with.
It's a challenging, but equally rewarding job that requires a high level of adaptation, organization and patience.

4.6