NBC Universal

NBC Universal United States Employee Reviews

Incredible atmosphere and management.
Attraction Attendant (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 19, 2015
Pros: Benefits are amazing.
Cons: Language barrier.
My typical day was amazing, meeting people from all over the world, enjoyable team members and the overall experience was great.
great workplace
SCHEDULER (Former Employee), Burbank, CAApril 15, 2015
Pros: access to amusement park
I was able to move around as a temporary employee, which led to learning alot about the industry. Fun environment, able to enjoy the amusement park.
Protecting and providing a safe environmment at Worldwide Known Theme Park
Security Officer (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 13, 2015
Pros: Many benefits
Cons: Long strenouos excrutiating hours to endure especially working "grave" shift hours
Knowing that I was part of a team that was to protect guests and co-workers at a Theme Park was itself a gratifying experience. People from all over the world would come to experience a vacation of a lifetime or just move to be employed and I would provide them the protection they needed to feel safe.
Fabulous Bank!
Teller Coordinator (Former Employee), Duluth, GAApril 8, 2015
Fabulous bank! Willing to grow employees to meet needs of upcoming positions. Training easily provided and willing to help employees grow with future market demands.
Fun
Security Officer/Dispatcher (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 1, 2015
I learned how to deal with people from different countries. I also learned how to train new employees and show them what they needed to do
Sr. Oracle DBA (Current Employee), Englewood Cliffs, NJMarch 31, 2015
good place to learn; friendly management; challenging job; good perks; helping to co-workers;the most enjoyable part of the job
Excellent introduction to customer service
Ride Attendant (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 23, 2015
Pros: benefits. work environment. camaraderie.
Cons: parking. job accessibility.
Providing customer service in a fun family friendly environment was the name of the game at NBC Universal. Working in a themed setting was a great introduction for me as a customer service specialist because it allowed me to interact with our guests in a laid back yet professional way. The massive volume of guests in the park allowed me to learn how to be thorough yet efficient in my dealings with each person in the park. There was quite a bit of variance with my co workers mainly because a lot of them were college age and were only employed as seasonal employees. That being said, most were pleasant to be around and helped promote a cooperative fun workplace. The biggest challenge presented to me at NBC Universal was always during "down times" created by technical difficulties with our attractions. Turning those "down times" into positive experiences for our guests was our culture and wound up being something that I personally excelled at. My absolute favorite part of my experience with NBC Universal was the gratification of exceeding guest expectations and breaking attendance records measured in hourly quantities.
Fun place
Cart Attendant (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 18, 2015
Great to work in if you want a seasonal position, but you won't be able to have a social life with all the mandatory commitment to the company.
Great Company to work for
Sports Producer/Assignment Editor/Photojournalist (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 18, 2015
Decent management, and company morale. Lots of talented and dedicated co-workers to their craft to work with.
Long hours, weekends and holidays are a minus.
Work in Studio Legal Department
Legal Secretary/Studio Business Affairs (Former Employee), Universal City, CAMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Enjoyed being in the entertainment industry
Cons: security
I enjoyed the processed contracts and maintained insurance coverage on production companies during the filming and taping og various television/cable shows and movies.
Its a great place to work you meet alot of people from all over the world
Security Officer (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 16, 2015
I really enjoy this job , team work is good and we go to the limit to help the guest. This job teach me alot and make me a strong and smart person
Great Company
Sports Anchor / Reporter (Current Employee), MiramarMarch 14, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: hours
NBC is a great company who helps their employees succeed. We work in sports, and are able to express ourselves through our medium of tv.
Media Specialist with Experience
Account Manager (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 11, 2015
Pros: branding
Cons: managmeent
great company to work for if you are within the corporate structure and not a salelite office.
their sale compensation is based on your salary and not the revenue that you bring in so it's great for the company and not the sales person.
it's very on air host friendly and not sales friends,

the most enjoyable part of the business is that the other sales reps where going through the same struggle so they bonded with you.
Universal Theme Parks
Attractions Operations Attendant (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 11, 2015
Pros: affordable cafeteria food
Cons: low hour work days
Working here was a lot of fun. I learned step by step process on opening a new attraction and land during my time here. Co workers were friendly, but with everything not everyone is enjoyable to work with. Guests are always expecting more and feel that they have to rush to get everything finished instead of just enjoying themselves. Overall its a great place to work temporary while trying to find something that pays better.
Technical Lead (Current Employee), New YorkMarch 11, 2015
Good place to work. The work schedule is not hectic. Clients are very cooperative. The lacking part is corporate perks.
Repetative Process
Finance Manager - Affiliate Finance (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 5, 2015
Systems driven operations that create repetitive processes for employees to execute month over month with little variation.
NBC Universal / Golf Channel
Senior Director of Technology (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 4, 2015
While I loved what I did on a day to day basis, Golf Channel underwent a lot of changes while I was there, including change of ownership twice, three physical moves, and three different presidents. Each new regime restructured the company in their own fashion and as such there was a lot of shuffling/letting go/hiring of employees. When I left, I was not confident that things were not going to change again, which left a lot of projects in limbo, and people with worry.

All that said, the people we hired were great - we took pride in building our teams with the right people. We got to play with new technologies and were largely left to our own devices when it came to the "how" of a project. (There were, of course, corporate mandated systems we were required to use.)

Overall the company treated us very well, the work was interesting, and the people were fantastic. The day-to-day was great. The hardest part of the job was dealing with management who wouldn't make decisions because of the uncertainty in the corporate structure, and was ultimately the cause of my departure.
Day to day
Games keeper (Current Employee), SimpsonsMarch 1, 2015
Pros: easy job
Cons: staff
Collected money. stood at games. It feels like noone takes anything seriously and the job feels like a popularity contest.
You learn a lot working for Martha
Segment Producer (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: difficult talent
Martha Stewart is a consummate perfectionist and expects it of her staff. We have to perfect even the most minute details because she will definitely notice. But Martha is a teacher at heart and loves to help people learn. So there's always something to be gained because Martha pretty much knows everything about everything and since the heart of her productions is how-to, the staff takes away as much as the audience.
Good Place
Expeditor (Former Employee), Universal City, CAFebruary 24, 2015
A fast paced environment, but an enjoyable place to work. You get to interact with many people on a daily basis. Room for growth to any department.

1 2 3 4 5

About NBC Universal

NBC Universal is one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of – Read more

NBC Universal Salaries