NBC Universal

NBC Universal Employer Reviews

Productive and Fun place to work.
Sales Associate at Honeydukes (Current Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 28, 2014
Pros: lunch
Cons: long waites for rides
Universal Studios goes the extra mile when it comes to the guests. Me personally I have never been to Universal Studios & when I finally got the chance to see it in person it was everything and more that I expected. As far as management they are GREAT! They make sure that the team members are well taken care of. The team members really work as a team! – more... They make sure once their stuff is done they help each other finish the task at hand.
The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the guest (customers) faces as they leave our stores. Just seeing the smiles on the faces make us the team members excited to come in to work. – less
Fun and respectable Workplace
sales associate (Current Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 26, 2014
Pros: long breaks, good management and co-workers
Cons: hours, parking, wardrobe, salary
My managers were treated us with respect and took their time to get to know us. They were very flexible with our schedule and worked with us if an event came up where we needed to change a shift last minute.

I really learned what it meant to work as a team. The other team members become family as you work day after day with them.They will help you – more... when you need it.

I would have to say the hardest part is trying to make a sale with a person or family that do not speak the language. It makes me have to use other forms of communication for them to understand such as signing the prices and pointing at the merchandise that they want. It was a challenge that I soon found it easy to over come.

I also learned that doing just what you are told is not enough, that you need to do one extra step to make the management see that you are a hard worker. Sometimes helping another coworker without them asking would be the extra step or taking time to clean or stock an area before the manager tells you too.

Overall, I really enjoyed my experience working there. – less
Security officer daily jobs.
Security Officer (Former Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 24, 2014
Pros: being able to get to know the other employees and vendors.
Cons: being stuck at a gate when you needed to use the bathroom.
A typical day was to go to work and be in charge of a gate and monitor the people that came in and out. Sometimes you got to be the relief officer and relieve the other officers so they could take a break so you did several different jobs. Sometimes you got to deliver all the cash to the different venues. It was an interesting job and fun getting to – more... know vendors and other employees. – less
Very good training
Helpdesk Coordinator (Former Employee), Los AngelesAugust 13, 2014
Pros: customer focused
Cons: very fast pasted
Good company very fast paste about 200 calls per person, but fun to work for
Great internship experience
Internship (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 13, 2014
Good experience working the Sports and Marketing department at NBC Sports as an intern in preparation for the 2008 Beijing Olympics. Worked midtown at 30 Rockefeller Plaza.
Productive and fun place to work.
Linux/Unix Administrator (Former Employee), Englewood Cliffs, NJAugust 11, 2014
It's cool environment with no sudden deadlines with minimal work load.
Busy PC Support Center
Support Ctr Coord/Admin. Assist. (Former Employee), Universal City, CAAugust 5, 2014
Helped in house customers with any PC problems. Made sure that if we couldn't fix the issue that the problem got to a team that could make sure it was fixed. Had a great boss that was always there for his people and easy to talk to. The Dept was so great that we had a very low turnaround of employees. Most of us worked together from the day the Dept – more... was created until the day GE decided to out souce it. – less
My managers really had my back.
3D Operator (Former Employee), Hollywood, CAAugust 1, 2014
I was able to trust my managers and we had a great basketball team where I was the backup point/shooting guard.
Fun Place to work
Cosmetologist (Current Employee), Bedford, OHJuly 31, 2014
Pros: very personable environment
Cons: parking lot shared
This particular salon located in a nice suburban area of Bedford heights. The workers there are very nice and professional. Nice place to work recommended that your clientele follow you.
Good start to F&A journey
Asst Manager - Finance (Former Employee), Amsterdam, NYJuly 23, 2014
Pros: good start to career
Cons: very manual intensive enviourments
Good company. This was great start to my career. Was able to learn lot of inners aspects of work from senior leaders
The atmosphere is amazing
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee), Universal City, CAJuly 21, 2014
Management is amazing when it comes to working around shift times. One of the best places to work and go to school at the same time.
Greatest place to work!
Attractions Attendant (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 21, 2014
Pros: free admission, great food, great team, wonderful management, and great atmosphere.
Cons: rude people, too many events, and horrible wardrobe.
Loved every minute working there. Great people, great hours, and just an overall good time.
Great Place to work at
Vacation Planner/Pass Sales (Current Employee), Orlando, FlJuly 16, 2014
Pros: ability to advance
Cons: insurance coverage if you are part time or seasonal
Working at Universal is a great feeling as most supervisors and leads take you into consideration all the time whether you are full time, part time or seasonal. There are always opportunities for advancement.
break room with video games
Broadcast Operator (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 14, 2014
NBC Universal was great place to work. Great people and environment. helpful staff. everyday something new to learn.
Great working environment
Coordinator, Production Logistics (Current Employee), Stamford, CTJuly 14, 2014
I greatly enjoy working for NBC. I had the unique opportunity of working in Stamford, CT and in Sochi, Russia prior to, during and after the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympic Games. I lived in Sochi, Russia for six months which was truly the experience of a lifetime. I utilized my Russian language skills to build relationships with vendors while in Russia, – more... who proved to be invaluable to our entire operation. – less
bittersweet
Turnstile Attendant/ Guest Services (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 10, 2014
Pros: pay rates
Cons: no health care for part-time
Pay rate increases was great, but working conditions need to be improved.
Fun with fashion
Rental Attendant (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 10, 2014
You will love to work here. Being able to work where you shop is awesome.
fun and all around great place
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 10, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
I loved it there. Very fun and includes free lunch. The co-workers are amazing to work with.
A great place to work and meet people in all walks of life.
Superintendent (Former Employee), Hollywood, CAJuly 9, 2014
Pros: there were free lunches in the lunchroom with all the actors, directors and producers.
Cons: breaks were whenever i had a free moment, which was rare, but time passed quickly.
Universal Studios was a typical movie and TV workplace that gave me autonomy throughout the property. I was responsible for renovations and new constructions of all executive and office workers building. The education of such a workplace was and experience I will never forget. It included sets from all Universal movies and the inner workings of such – more... as well as some of the older western sets and the way the settlers lived and died. The most enjoyable part of the job was to see how movies were made both on the sets and the sound stages, where most of the scenes were shot. I think the hardest part was taking all of the aura in and remembering how they were put together. – less
Good company
Senior Creative Services Writer/Producer/Editor (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 9, 2014
Pros: large company - lots of opportunities
Cons: large company - can get lost in the mix
Great benefits - fair compensation. Good place to work. All the pluses with working for a large company - but can easily be lost in the mix

1 2 3 4 5

About NBC Universal

NBC Universal is one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of – Read more