NBC Universal

NBC Universal Employer Reviews

Great Work Environment
Valet (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 23, 2015
-Consists of parking and returning cars to customers quickly
-Various other tasks such as directing traffic, driving van to pick up valets.
Great team of people
News Producer (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: great people
Cons: harsh, cut throat working environment, not much advancement
Channel was a great place to work, and every employee was enthusiastic and loved their job.
There is room for advancement but you have to start from the bottom, most low paying grunt job and get recognized for your talent. Then and only then will you be given more responsibility for little to no more pay or compensation.
The job I did was overnight with low pay and little to no recognition or reward. After one year of this, I realized I was not being given more opportunities for advancement. The company is good to work for and the people are great but the work is cutthroat and harsh.
Fun and lively place to work
Chef (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 18, 2015
It was a fun place to work at on a day to day basis. It felt like you were working and still enjoying being at a theme park. It was also great to see all of the different cultures and ethnicities from around the world come to a place and see the things we see. They're excitement for the smallest things such as a squirrel was payment enough.
Very professional environment
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 15, 2015
8 hours a day
Learned alot from this place.
Love my co workers.
The hardest part of the job is parking.
very friendly place to work for.
Guest Services and Photographer (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 12, 2015
lunches and breaks were giving accordingly. Co-workers and guest were very nice.
fun loving place
Service/Cashier (Former Employee), U S AJanuary 11, 2015
Pros: free rides
Cons: no free lunches
good place to start carrier, able to learn the fast food industry.
Productive and fun work place
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Universal CityJanuary 9, 2015
Productive and fun work place.
COo-Workers are very nice. Management is okay.
tbd
Senior Manager, Sales Planning and Systems (Former Employee), universal cityJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: tbd
Cons: tbd
nothing, really to say. it was super good. loved the summer hours
Depends on the department
Cashier/Server/Hostess (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: free comp passes to the park
Cons: no break room, poor management
Management is poorly trained but the job is enjoyable. Manager abuse their power and do not value employees. Interacting with guests is the best part.
Fun place to work.
Cashier (Former Employee), Universal City, CAJanuary 4, 2015
Loved the environment. I loved interacting with all the tourist coming to universal studios. Great place.
fun fast paised growing enviroment
Retail Manager (Former Employee), Universal City, CADecember 31, 2014
making schedules lunch/breaks checking emails inventory merchandise cash handling customer service and all with a smile
Love it!
Attractions Operator (Current Employee), Orlando, FLDecember 27, 2014
Fun work environment, and many great people to work with. I love the benefits, and being able to make people happy!
Strong company with many opportunities for growth.
Campus Representative (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 22, 2014
-A great opportunity for those interested in radio, advertising, PR.
Productive and fun workplace.
Transformers Ride Operator (Current Employee), Universal City, CADecember 17, 2014
Pros: fun work place and free admission for me.
Cons: the hours are not stable.
It's a fun and friendly work place. They treat their employee's well. Management will give us bbq's and pizza days. It's a good place to work.
Ok
Photojournalist/Live Truck Operator (Former Employee), Dallas-Fort Worth, TXDecember 15, 2014
Pros: peaceful
Cons: need to update equipment
It was a good place to work. Everyone pretty much stayed to themselves.
awsome place to wk
Supervisor(Night) (Former Employee), Orlando, FLDecember 12, 2014
Pros: work with great people
Cons: black out dates
great place to wk awsome co workers and learning new things every day
Productive and Enjoyable workplace
Team Captain (Current Employee), Orlando, FLDecember 11, 2014
Pros: access to various parks, discounts at many locations
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work varies from opening to closing but for the most part it consists of managing a staff of around 15-20 people to ensure they are delivering great guest service and staying on top of their daily tasks. Also to audit register drawers for any variances and being responsible for a substantial amount of money. I learned how to communicate effectively amongst the team and acquire leadership skills that are beneficial to developing a strong team. My co-workers are a very lively bunch that work together to accomplish the "bigger picture," which is executing admirable guest service. The hardest part of the job is making everyone happy. It becomes challenging to please all parties in a difficult situation. For instance, when a guest complaint arises and it is your duty to fix it. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to make someone's day. It can be as simple as a acknowledgment to offering recognition buttons for birthdays and celebrations.
Great place to work, made lots of friends, lots of room for advancment
Bartender, Bar Manager (Former Employee), Universal City, CADecember 10, 2014
Pros: fun job, great manegment, comprable rate
Cons: no set schedule
Duties included planning and bartending for corporate level events, movie premiers, as well as private affairs i.e. weddings, bar mitzvahs, holiday parties. This organization is a well oiled machine always on top of every event. There are no real benefits except free access to the park, and free food at the end of every event, however I always met very interesting people, the pay structure was more than fair. I guess the hardest part of the job was not having a set schedule but with my other bartending job I was never hurting for money.
amazing company
Cashier/Attendant (Current Employee), Orlando, FLDecember 6, 2014
Pros: you get free tickets for your family
Cons: guest can be out of hand sometimes.
It is truly an amazing place to work . one thing thing i can say is that they offers many wonderful benefits. they also try their very best to make everyone life easier and are willing to work with you if their is any problem with your schedule,ect.
well
NEW YORK STATE CERTIFIYED SECURTIY OFFICER (8HRS) (Former Employee), orlano flDecember 6, 2014
Pros: well once in a blue moon
Cons: breaks never care about that
i learned to never follow others work hard stay focus dont worry about others just do you.i love the place i work at the people was ok they payed me well and for that they got my best i never ask for much as long as they treat me well and give me vancation time when i ask for it when i feel i need it im all good im not the type to say give me give me no i want to love the company's that im working for and be appreciate for my work and knowing they can count on me anytime

1 2 3 4 5

About NBC Universal

NBC Universal is one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of – Read more