NBC Universal Employee Reviews in United States

nice enviroment
Dialogue Recording and editing (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 23, 2016
I'm an audio editor at NBC for ON-AIR projects and marketing.
I can only say good things about it, Im always been treated with lots of respect and attention
Love!
Turnstile Attendant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 21, 2016
I started working here when I was 16 years old! my first job ever! I completely love the atmosphere! seeing the smile on our guests face, makes it all the more worth it!
Great Opportunity, and yes they had a ping pong table
Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 17, 2016
Water Pots and switched old plants with new ones. Worked on beds and had the freedom to choose the plants and design bed.
I learned so much:
Plant names
Power tools ( weed whip, blowers, edger, hedger, High reach, mowers)
Pest and diseases
tree removals and installations.
Very open door , i felt comfortable coming in and speaking with any of the management.
The hardest Part was learning all the different perennials, annuals and evergreens that we worked with through the parks.
Looking at a finishd project that worked all morning and coming back to the park and seeing how good everything looks and remembering how hard i worked.
Pros
great health care and good family stye atmosphere
Cons
Working from 3am to 1130 am
Great place to view the media landscape
Senior Vice President Ad Sales Pricing (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 11, 2016
There are a lot of exciting changes happening at NBCU. The management team is aggressive and the company has some of the best assets at its disposal.
Pros
Large company with many opportunities
Cons
Politics
productive and fun place to work
promo editor (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLMay 9, 2016
Everyday was a new challenge. new content to edit and always at a smooth pace, even under pressure the staff always kept a cool attitude and positive vibe to finish all products on a sensitive time schedule.
Pros
great attitude, flexible schedule
Cons
team communication
Fun
Retail (Former Employee) –  Universal City, CAMay 5, 2016
Sometimes slow, depends on the season
Patients
hands-on
Easy to work with
Different things to do
Fun
It's a fun place to work
Productive work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 28, 2016
A typical day at Universal is never predictable because things change rapidly to ensure that the guest are getting their money's worth.
While i was at universal i learned the importance of time management with the point system that was implemented with an electronic time clock .

The hardest part about working at universal was the inconsistency with the manager's and their rules . One manager would expect you to do it their way and the another would want it another all the while you still have to do it universals way.
Great Company with good benefits.
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Universal City, CAApril 28, 2016
I enjoy working for NBCUniversal. It is a great company that anyone would be happy to work for. They try to give back whenever they can.
Wonderful Environment
Stage Hand (Current Employee) –  New YorkApril 26, 2016
It is a pleasure to work with such positive and motivated people. It can be difficult to adjust to the hours, but the work itself makes up for any discomfort.
good
Cook (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 24, 2016
Universal is a great job, because you meet new people everyday. You learn how to communicate with people, and learn about new attractions. The management lack communication, which makes the job hard. My co-workers love their job, and they do it well. The best part of the job is riding new attractions.
Laid back and Easy to work with
Seasonal Team Member (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 24, 2016
The Team Members are always nice and caring. It's like have a second family, having fun and never a dull moment when working a Marquee event.
Uo
Sourcing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 22, 2016
Purchase of UO by Comcast and new management changed some of the culture and new management wanted team members that were not there prior to their placement.
Exciting
Chyron Hyper X3 Operator/Graphic Design (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 21, 2016
Best Crew hands down. fun and challenging. the Show has meaning and soul. i would recommend to anyone. i do chyron playback and design. director is a blast to work with.
nbcu
Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaApril 21, 2016
average, women s club..
no structure, process, or direction
just run around screaming how busy you are and how many projects you have and you will be fine
Provide a safe environment for workers
Security Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 20, 2016
Inspection of complex and maintain daily security logs. Monitor security cameras and emergency doors. Liaison with New York City Police Department.
Pros
Good location- Rockerfeller Center
Cons
Transportation
Great Company; I once thoughtt I had found a career that I would stay until retimement.
Sales Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 15, 2016
This was my best job, it offered me many opportunities for advancement. During my 15 years of employment I was promoted 4-5 times; starting as a secretary in Radio News and eventually finding myself in what I thought during the time to be my dream job; management. It was a great place to work, great wages, benefits and perks. Some of the best years in my career. The Network was eventually purchased by GE.. A few years after the purchase the cutback began, ranging over a period of a few years. Unfortunately, my job was cut. It was only then that I experienced, what I felt at the time to be extremely unfair.
I say this; because I was informed a couple of hours before the end of the day. I had worked hard and was very loyal and felt betrayed.
However, I eventually recovered; and with maturity finally accepted that it was not personal, strictly a business decision. There were other opportunities out there waiting for me; without this incident occurring I would have never voluntarily took the opportunity to explore my options and work in another industry that I eventually found to be just as rewarding, allowing me the opportunity to gain knowledge in an industry that was completely new for entire state of Indiana.
Pros
Great Company
Cons
Job cutbacks, eliminating a career of 15 years
Cut throat business
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILApril 12, 2016
On a typical day I would map out my territory and go door to door speaking potential customers, educating them about our products, discovering their entertainment needs, and closing with sales. I learned that you can sell just about anyone anything once presented in the right manner. Management was good. Co-workers were very helpful and encouraging. The hardest part was getting a sale every single day. The best part was working unsupervised and outdoors.
Pros
salary, bonus pay, healthcare, free cable services, gas reimbursement
Cons
If you get 3 sales one day and no sale the next, you wer on the dog house
Work hard
Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 8, 2016
sometimes long hours and very tight deadlines - can be very stressful , not for everyone. Pay is good and management is for the most part flexible and appreciative
Pros
good pay
Cons
high stress
Not Somewhere I'd Work Again
Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 7, 2016
My managers were not of high quality. One literally told me I was playing a game with him and wasn't going to win. Another skimmed people's hours off of their paychecks and got fired. Turnover was incredibly high. Too many conflicting personalities, not enough hours or pay. They don't drug test their associates, and it shows in the quality of the people they hire. I can't tell you how many times coworkers of mine showed up to work drunk or high.
Pros
Free lunch, fun work environment
Cons
Quality of staff, low pay
Traffic
Traffic Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 6, 2016
It was okay, the management could use a little work. But overall, the company is okay. The pay is not all that great, given the amount they bring in.