NBC Universal

NBC Universal Employer Reviews

Excellent introduction to customer service
Ride Attendant (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 23, 2015
Pros: benefits. work environment. camaraderie.
Cons: parking. job accessibility.
Providing customer service in a fun family friendly environment was the name of the game at NBC Universal. Working in a themed setting was a great introduction for me as a customer service specialist because it allowed me to interact with our guests in a laid back yet professional way. The massive volume of guests in the park allowed me to learn how to be thorough yet efficient in my dealings with each person in the park. There was quite a bit of variance with my co workers mainly because a lot of them were college age and were only employed as seasonal employees. That being said, most were pleasant to be around and helped promote a cooperative fun workplace. The biggest challenge presented to me at NBC Universal was always during "down times" created by technical difficulties with our attractions. Turning those "down times" into positive experiences for our guests was our culture and wound up being something that I personally excelled at. My absolute favorite part of my experience with NBC Universal was the gratification of exceeding guest expectations and breaking attendance records measured in hourly quantities.
Fun place
Cart Attendant (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 18, 2015
Great to work in if you want a seasonal position, but you won't be able to have a social life with all the mandatory commitment to the company.
Great Company to work for
Sports Producer/Assignment Editor/Photojournalist (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 18, 2015
Decent management, and company morale. Lots of talented and dedicated co-workers to their craft to work with.
Long hours, weekends and holidays are a minus.
Its a great place to work you meet alot of people from all over the world
Security Officer (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 16, 2015
I really enjoy this job , team work is good and we go to the limit to help the guest. This job teach me alot and make me a strong and smart person
Great Company
Sports Anchor / Reporter (Current Employee), MiramarMarch 14, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: hours
NBC is a great company who helps their employees succeed. We work in sports, and are able to express ourselves through our medium of tv.
Media Specialist with Experience
Account Manager (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 11, 2015
Pros: branding
Cons: managmeent
great company to work for if you are within the corporate structure and not a salelite office.
their sale compensation is based on your salary and not the revenue that you bring in so it's great for the company and not the sales person.
it's very on air host friendly and not sales friends,

the most enjoyable part of the business is that the other sales reps where going through the same struggle so they bonded with you.
Universal Theme Parks
Attractions Operations Attendant (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 11, 2015
Pros: affordable cafeteria food
Cons: low hour work days
Working here was a lot of fun. I learned step by step process on opening a new attraction and land during my time here. Co workers were friendly, but with everything not everyone is enjoyable to work with. Guests are always expecting more and feel that they have to rush to get everything finished instead of just enjoying themselves. Overall its a great place to work temporary while trying to find something that pays better.
Technical Lead (Current Employee), New YorkMarch 11, 2015
Good place to work. The work schedule is not hectic. Clients are very cooperative. The lacking part is corporate perks.
Repetative Process
Finance Manager - Affiliate Finance (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 5, 2015
Systems driven operations that create repetitive processes for employees to execute month over month with little variation.
NBC Universal / Golf Channel
Senior Director of Technology (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 4, 2015
While I loved what I did on a day to day basis, Golf Channel underwent a lot of changes while I was there, including change of ownership twice, three physical moves, and three different presidents. Each new regime restructured the company in their own fashion and as such there was a lot of shuffling/letting go/hiring of employees. When I left, I was not confident that things were not going to change again, which left a lot of projects in limbo, and people with worry.

All that said, the people we hired were great - we took pride in building our teams with the right people. We got to play with new technologies and were largely left to our own devices when it came to the "how" of a project. (There were, of course, corporate mandated systems we were required to use.)

Overall the company treated us very well, the work was interesting, and the people were fantastic. The day-to-day was great. The hardest part of the job was dealing with management who wouldn't make decisions because of the uncertainty in the corporate structure, and was ultimately the cause of my departure.
Day to day
Games keeper (Current Employee), SimpsonsMarch 1, 2015
Pros: easy job
Cons: staff
Collected money. stood at games. It feels like noone takes anything seriously and the job feels like a popularity contest.
You learn a lot working for Martha
Segment Producer (Former Employee), New York, NYFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: difficult talent
Martha Stewart is a consummate perfectionist and expects it of her staff. We have to perfect even the most minute details because she will definitely notice. But Martha is a teacher at heart and loves to help people learn. So there's always something to be gained because Martha pretty much knows everything about everything and since the heart of her productions is how-to, the staff takes away as much as the audience.
Good Place
Expeditor (Former Employee), Universal City, CAFebruary 24, 2015
A fast paced environment, but an enjoyable place to work. You get to interact with many people on a daily basis. Room for growth to any department.
Good culture but limited advancement opportunity
Director of Finance (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: great people, fun atmosphere to work in
Cons: poor work/life balance, ineffective leadership in some areas
Good corporate culture, but inconsistent message from the top down as to company goals and strategy. Currently going through cost cutting measures and getting inconsistent messages from leadership about priorities.
Productive work environment with a great work ethic
Senior Press Manager (Current Employee), Universal City Plaza, Universal City CAFebruary 20, 2015
Cover unscripted and scripted shows on a daily basis. Work closely with the marketing, digital, social on air, promo and custom content teams to help produce the best show possible. Communication is key and having to multitask on both unscripted and scripted is an amazing experience. It's great to have both studio and network experience in my back pocket.
line cook
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 19, 2015
Customer Service: greeting the customer,receive payment by cash,credit cards,voucher.Routinely helped as many customer each day in high volume retail outlet. Maintain clean are orderly checkout area
Amazing Creative Team
Director of Creative Services (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 17, 2015
The most enjoyable part of working here was becoming a part of an amazing creative team full of exceptionally talented professionals.
Manager
Operations Manager Hard Rock Cafe (Current Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: park entry, guest contact, high volume
Cons: long hours, accountability, growth
Long hours, great guests, amazing hourly team, great company
Outstanding GM and upper management. Co managers are a mix between working hard and not. The hardest part of my job is trying to make every single employee and guest happy. The best part of my job is making every employee and guest happy.
A good company to work at.
Park Services (Current Employee), Studio City, CAFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: holiday's free gifts and free food and double pay.
Cons: on raining days i still have to work outside.
My typical day at universal Studios is a friendly work place. Every employee say hey or hello and how you doing. That happen to me a lot. What I lean about universal studios is, even that its a amusement park for every body I learn the background at universal studios also about Park Services department, How fun the work place is and i still understand the rules. I have awesome co-workers at universal studio The job would not be what it is would out hard work and team work.Park Services helps every one even guess that's shy to come to us.We will go to them to help the guess to find out what are the fun rides and great places to eat.The most enjoyable time at universal when I'm in the park cleaning and talking to guess seeing kids smile when i show and tell the family how to get to the fun areas of the park so they can have a great time.
crazy
Associate Producer for the Jerry Springer Show (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: pay, fun
Cons: hours
working in the tv industry isnt for everyone. Jerry Springer show is a beast of tis own. The most fun ive ever had at a job. long hard work, well worth it

1 2 3 4 5

About NBC Universal

NBC Universal is one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of – Read more

NBC Universal Salaries