NBC Universal

NBC Universal Employee Reviews

not fun
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 30, 2015
Pros: no pros
Cons: pay sucks people are bad and management sucks
clean cook do everyone's job for them have no help cook by your self for long times.and have no help at all.it sucks go to safty meetings work long hours.
Engaging work and a great company culture
Live Operations Producer (Current Employee), Universal City, CAJuly 29, 2015
It's been a thrill to be a part of the Live Operations team implementing the brand new second screen/live sync app for "America's Got Talent."
Great place ot start
Assignment Desk/Planning Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 27, 2015
Great place to start off youre career.
The connections youll make can pay off big time.
This is the home of some of the biggest names and products in media!
Work with Theming
Entertainment Performer and Parade Escort (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 26, 2015
Universal Studios is a great place to work. You meet so many new people, from co-workers to guests. It's great to go out there and help guests enjoy their visit.
Great Perks & Benefits but Frequent Changes in Management
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Exposure to celebrities, generous benefits package
Cons: Frequent changes in management, no opportunities for growth for administrative personnel
It's a stable company with fun perks and benefits. You're at an advantage if you have completed the Page Program.
If you are in an administrative position it is difficult to work your way up the corporate ladder. Frequent changes in management can be unsettling.
If you've ever been an extra then you know what its like
Freelance Actor (Former Employee), Bosotn, MAJuly 24, 2015
Pros: good times. good people. good food.
Cons: lousy pay (expected) and you have no control of weather
You get free lunches. You get to play "dress up" and meet lots of fun people. The one that sucks is the weather; if its cold you dress very warm. If it's hot then bring a couple loose fitting clothes.
I love working with NBC/Universal but I would like to find a permanent job.
Payroll Accountant (Current Employee), Universal City, CAJuly 23, 2015
I've learned a lot during my time doing payroll at NBC/Universal and now it's time to go back to what I love the most which is Accounts Receivable/payables. I would like to find a stable job and not freelance as a payroll accountant.
Management isn't the best
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 17, 2015
Pros: Getting into the Parks for free
Cons: Management
Management isn't the best! They are all mean and does not respect the employees! It was a pretty okay experience you met people from all over the world. If you're a people person then this would be a great job for you.
great company to work for
Talent Assistant (Former Employee), Universal CityJuly 17, 2015
• Determine needs and requirements and efficiently accomplish tasks
• Maintain daily responsibilities- important phone calls, appointments, mail
• Organize calendar and events- business, personal, weekends
Great place to work if managements culture was inline with organizational culture
Technical Services Technician/Team Leader (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 17, 2015
Pros: benefits and compensation
Cons: Too militarized, utilitarian management
Not for everyone and some departments are better than others. I did learn a great deal about new technologies and maintenance techniques. Great place to work when your with the right people.
Fun place to work
Cart Attendant (Former Employee), orlando floridaJuly 16, 2015
Pros: Great place to work
Cons: Not to much incentives
Running cash register, Handing food to customers, Great management and co-workers , hardest part if the job was to be outside whole time in heat
Fun job depending on the weather
Street Team Member- Marketing (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Networking opportunities
Cons: poor hours
A typical day at work would be to set up equipment like tent, table, promotional gifts, promote station by talking to people and/or put on the peacock costume for the kids. I learned how to be more personable. Management was simple, it was basically go out in teams and tell the public about NBC. My co-workers were communication or journalist trying to break into the industry. The hardest part of my job was the peacock costume, the most enjoyable part of my job was meeting and greeting so many people.
Always advancing and moving
First Cook (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 14, 2015
Pros: Free Lunch, on site doctors office
Cons: too many people in charge of same employees that they contradict their plans for restaurants.
With Universal, there was always something new going on with new restaurants opening, and new rides and theme parks. I enjoyed working at some of the many restaurants they had. I was able to advance fast in the 3yrs there. I learned how to use their ordering system Eatec, and was part of the safety committee for the Universal Park.
Fun and Challenging Work Environment
Field Service Analyst (Current Employee), Orlando. FLJuly 11, 2015
Pros: Great place to learn, friendly atmosphere, lots to do
Cons: Some workers do not necessarily perform the job to standard
Throughout any given day I may be called upon to identify, troubleshoot, deploy or install any IT asset that Universal Studios operates. These range from desktop, laptops, tablets, RFID equipment, Biometrics, Switches, Routers and Kronos time clocks. I work well with others and I am 100% capable of working alone with no supervision. Since I was hired I have learned a tremendous amount about how an organization suffers from IT related outages and I have learned reliable and sufficient methods to ensure that downtime is kept to a minimum. The hardest part of the job is going home at the end of the day. There is just so much that you want to do to make things better but there is just not enough time in your shift to get all of the work done. I do not like leaving my co-workers dealing with issues that I know I can assist with.
awsome
Park Services (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 9, 2015
Cons: cheap lunch
I love working there during the night. I ride all the rides after all work is done and then I go home. no pressure, easy job.
Best days are behind it.
Stage Manager / Broadcast Engineer (Former Employee), Burbank, CAJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Fun people, fun work
Cons: Hard to advance. Unions don't do much for employees
NBC has changed ownership. There are less jobs and security. The management is for the most part fair, but I've seen many changes both good and bad. It's not what it used to be since Comcast bought it. Overall it is a fun place to work with mediocre pay and benefits.
Provided a great learning environment
Department Head of Casting, A&E Grand Designs (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 7, 2015
The most enjoyable part of this job was using my leadership skills to the fullest. I was able to manage a large group of people and motivate them to do their best.
Processing checks and banking paperwork
Financial Aide (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEJuly 4, 2015
Pros: Good people
Cons: No advancement
Load checks into machines, process checks, balance bank paperwork, write reports, phone work, complete end of year statistical information, communicate with coworkers.
Busser
Busser (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 4, 2015
A typical day at work was to help other people with there needs and I learned how to communicate with others better and the hardest part of the job was when people where unhappy with the service.
music everywhere
Parking Lot Attendant (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 2, 2015
great place to work,great work co-workers and great benefits. free water and a great view of the city. my co-workers helped me alot with day to day thing. management where easy to talk to.the harest part of the job was standing for 8 hours a day but was well worth it. the best part of the job was seeeing all the happy faces