NBC Universal

NBC Universal Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Mummy-Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Orlando, FloridaAugust 26, 2015
Pros: got on all rides for free
Cons: not enough pay
I loved it here..! Great benefits and great packages. Fun people to work with and great environment. Learned a lot being a manager. Worked on Halloween which was the most fun I have had in years
Corporate environment with a focus on individual growth
Office Coordinator (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 24, 2015
Diverse environment where creativity is encouraged with an open door policy which allows direct contact to our executives, engaging in open dialogue to cultivate confidence within the work environment.
Productive and fun workplace.
Custodial Worker (Current Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 23, 2015
To been a phenomenal experience to work in a place characterized by bring entertainment to the family. Teamwork has been exceptional, communication between ringers and supervisors is excellent.
Great company Bad leadership
HR Manager - Field & Production (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 23, 2015
Pros: Benfits, fair pay
Cons: Poor leadership
In my experience, NBC is a great company, however if you are one who is looking to grow and have autonomy in your role this is not the job for you. All I can say is micro-management to its best
Job Profession
Post - Production, QC Screener (Current Employee), Englewood Cliffs, NJAugust 20, 2015
Pros: Office environment, comfortable
Cons: lots of favoritism, no room to move up.
Working at NBC was calm and professional. After a few months I noticed that there was no room to grow. The driving distance was my only concern on cost and wear and tear on my vehicle.
Great money but terrible management
Waitperson (Current Employee), Orlando, FloridaAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Free admission to the parks
Cons: Very little help
I work on Citywalk. Love interacting with all the different cultures that come in and eat with us. I make great money but not a lot of help from coworkers. Could do better with teamwork.
First Cook (Former Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 19, 2015
Pros: free meals for food service worker, free tickets
Cons: low pay
Absolutely an awesome place to work. Lots of fun. Great benefits. Free tickets to the park; sick pay, holidays, PTO. The pay is a bit low but all in all a great place to work.
Harder than it had to be
Dishwasher/stock (Former Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 16, 2015
Pros: free lunch, ample breaks
Cons: long route to job
I loved working here, the atmosphere of a theme park is always uplifting, Unfortunately I was trying to juggle school and 30 hours of week at work on top of a 3 hour commute due to not having a car. Everything came tumbling down and shortly after a friend of mine passed. I called off work to attend a fundraiser for the funeral and because it was the last of my attendance points and the reason wasn't deemed excusable I was terminated.
Great company to work with!!!
Lead Wardrobe and Fashion Stylist (Former Employee), New YorkAugust 13, 2015
Pros: creative freedom and a great staff
Cons: pay cut
I had the best time working for NBC Universal. I headed the wardrobe department for a day time talk show on LX TV New York Live.

I had the best time as I was able to express my self creatively and had the freedom to work with various designers to dress the host. I worked with great people!!
Fun and Boring, It is what you make it
Operations Team Member (Former Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 12, 2015
I had loads of fun at Universal, but it was because I made my interactions with people fun. The job itself is boring, so it is what you make it.
Great Place to work
Freelance Editor (Current Employee), New JerseyAugust 6, 2015
Great people and mangers. Wonderful environment, I recommend it to anyone who can get work there.

Best job I've had in the cooperate setting.
GREAT, FUN
Senior Financial Analysis Consultant (Former Employee), Universal city, caAugust 6, 2015
Good company with good benefits.
Management is on top of all issues and is always ready to helpl
Fun organization - summer is great time.
Good job for busy students
Food Department Team Leader (Current Employee), Universal CityAugust 6, 2015
Pros: Free Lunch
Cons: Union Fees
good work/life balance
I learned a lot about customer service
The best part of my job was the being appreciated by management
Professional workplace with networking opportunities.
Sales Planner (Current Employee), New York, NYAugust 4, 2015
Pros: Taking clients to fun events.
Cons: none.
My work day consist of creating and organizing upfront and scatter plans for the NBCUniversal cable networks, Oxygen and Sprout. I learned to maximize the use of inventory while maintaining client requests and restrictions. Management is supportive while also enforcing challenging tasks to improve work ethic. My co-workers are extremely supportive and helpful. There is a great sense of teamwork in our department. The hardest part of the job is negotiating deals with limited inventory. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the marketing team to come up with creative custom sponsorships.
It all depends on where you work
Cook, Line Production (Current Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 2, 2015
Pros: Food service gets $3 voucher towards a meal. Quarterly ticket distribution for family and friends.
Cons: Long hours or double shifts for some people especially in City walk.
Working in the Parks is more fun.
I worked in City Walk - restaurants, clubs, fast food and retail.
Its a sound business. Some management is awesome and some I could care less for. Co-workers are what could make or break your day. ALTHOUGH I believe Universal hires more people on the average that are positive and hard working. They hire them more than the people we would consider who aren't.
Advancement may take 6-12 months if you push for it.
The job is not hard but there can be pressures if short staffed (food service). The most enjoyable part of my day is/was working with my co-workers and speaking with guests. I dropped down to a variable position because I drive a very long distance to work there.
not fun
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 30, 2015
Pros: no pros
Cons: pay sucks people are bad and management sucks
clean cook do everyone's job for them have no help cook by your self for long times.and have no help at all.it sucks go to safty meetings work long hours.
Engaging work and a great company culture
Live Operations Producer (Current Employee), Universal City, CAJuly 29, 2015
It's been a thrill to be a part of the Live Operations team implementing the brand new second screen/live sync app for "America's Got Talent."
Great place ot start
Assignment Desk/Planning Intern (Former Employee), New York, NYJuly 27, 2015
Great place to start off youre career.
The connections youll make can pay off big time.
This is the home of some of the biggest names and products in media!
Work with Theming
Entertainment Performer and Parade Escort (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 26, 2015
Universal Studios is a great place to work. You meet so many new people, from co-workers to guests. It's great to go out there and help guests enjoy their visit.
Great Perks & Benefits but Frequent Changes in Management
Executive Assistant (Current Employee), New York, NYJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Exposure to celebrities, generous benefits package
Cons: Frequent changes in management, no opportunities for growth for administrative personnel
It's a stable company with fun perks and benefits. You're at an advantage if you have completed the Page Program.
If you are in an administrative position it is difficult to work your way up the corporate ladder. Frequent changes in management can be unsettling.