NBCUniversal Employee Reviews

Found 1,077 reviews matching the search
fun work place
Balloon Handler (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 21, 2017
fun work place typical day was handling big parade balloons I learned how to handle balloons without them blowing away the hardest part of the job was making sure your feet were firm on the ground
Great benefits
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 20, 2017
Enjoyed it here for the benefits. Long shifts because its so far away from me. Great if you love working at theme parks, thats for sure. Made some friends there.
Depends on Your Manager
Digital Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Englewood Cliffs, NJApril 20, 2017
Can be a fun place to work but it all depends on your manager. They are very hit or miss here. Started out great with the first team I was on, but the next team they placed me on was much different.
Comcast
Retention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 16, 2017
This company offered competitive commissions however was very stressful and hard line of work. one of the hardest in the caller center world. What makes this job so difficult is the companies reputation for it's customer service as being poor. the company however has been attempting to provide a better customer services experience for its customers.
Pros
Great pay, Competative benifits
Cons
Long hours and a call center
Overall fun experience.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 14, 2017
Overall fun experience it was pleasure working for such a company couldn't of had any other way. anybody looking for employment should start here it was the best.
very nice people but a very quick working pace
Mobile App Developer (Android) (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 13, 2017
I enjoyed working there on a software development team but you do have to get up to speed quickly as they are expanding rapidly and, as with most Agile environments, there's not a lot of time for asking questions. Management is very nice about answering them, but it is best if you can work as independently and quickly as possible to get yourself up to speed. The people you will meet are very nice though and, though I was a contractor, I never really felt the invisible wall or different treatment that can sometimes exist between direct employees and contractors. The work is very challenging and they are constantly adding new features to achieve the best park visitor experience. I learned a lot in a relatively short time that has proven very useful in my own work and will no doubt be useful in future enterprise-level positions.
Pros
fairly flexible hours
The best Major Network to work for
Senior Broadcast Technician (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 12, 2017
The best paying most technology advanced work environment in the Tri State area. They are very flexible with your schedule and have a great understanding of the customers needs.
good
NBCUinversal Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 12, 2017
it was a good learning experience and the team members were outstanding and very well knowledgeable in their crafts, the news producers were not that experienced in their career fields and had no vision.
Pros
team members
Cons
Executive Producers / GM
Most enjoyable work.
Postproduction Media Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Universal City, CAApril 11, 2017
Here is a place I would love to work for full-time doing their transcription. I worked at home transcribing features on a timely basis and would like to do this again.
Amazing place to work. Iconic 30 Rock, filled with great people.
The Director of Facilities Process and Controls (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 11, 2017
Fun culture, with lot's of amazing TV and Film history everywhere. A place where on-air talent and support staff are all working together toward a common goal. I would recommend it, a one in a lifetime experience.
Love
Campus U Representative (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCApril 8, 2017
Love the people I work with. Work remotely. Interaction with students on campus. First to know about new films coming out. Job is essentially promoting the films.
Wonderful Place to Work
Audience Researcher (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 5, 2017
This was a dream job to intern with this company while in college. I was able to work with top performers in the industry and this was truly a gift of a life time.
Fast Pace & Intricate
Production & Office Intern (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTApril 4, 2017
This experience took a multifaceted and fast-paced approach each day that I worked. I would find myself running around the office doing five different things one day, and running all around the studio/town doing four other things at any given day. The amount of skills you pick up while working on these shows is invaluable, not to mention the wonderfully conducive staff that is more than willing to help you through the entire process. I am proud to have worked here, and am proud to have worked alongside such wonderful people.
Pros
Wonderful Staff
Productive and fun work place
PREP-COOK & CARTS (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 3, 2017
Working at Universal was the most fun I've ever had at an work place. Everyone is so happy and nice. The uniforms are fun. Working allows you to get into the park for free. The benefits are amazing.
National Advertising Sales Planner (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIApril 1, 2017
NBC Universal is definitely a great place to work.
Employees are very well respected and compensated.
Managers care about personal and professional improvement.
Telemundo Summary
liaison (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 31, 2017
Telemundo is a friendly place to work. Great co-workers . It's very demanding but the atmosphere and bosses made my time very enjoyable in that entity. I miss working in media a lot, I hope to go back and do it again. it was a great experience.
Pros
Great people to work with.
Cons
Time frame was always against us.
Wow!
Supervisor of Operations (Former Employee) –  FLMarch 30, 2017
Universal has really pushed the entire theme park industry to the next level. Was an absolute great place to work and even the food in their employee cafeteria was great
Great Job
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee) –  Universal City, CAMarch 30, 2017
Universal is just a really great company to work for. Never had a job like this one. Sometimes hours can be low depending on your position and time of the year. But this company is a company you work for if you want to grow within a company or need longevity. Universal really cares about their employees as well!
Pros
Great Management, Pay, Perks
Cons
Hours
Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Universal City, CAMarch 30, 2017
Amazing pictures at universal was a great place to work, taking pictures and meeting people from around the world was a blast, although sometimes difficult with other languages.
A great experience working with team players
UNIVERSAL PICTURES MARKETING Exec. Asst. (Former Employee) –  Universal City, CAMarch 29, 2017
NBC Universal Pictures is a great company with the most positive, productive and forward thinking co-workers. It is a great experience working with talent, filmmakers, agents, managers and publicists from the beginning of the advance publicity through the opening of films including junkets, premieres and advance screenings. A fun workplace with great benefits.
Pros
A fun workplace