NBT Bank Employee Reviews

Overview
Technical Support III (Former Employee) –  Norwich, NYFebruary 11, 2018
I would not recommend working here. This was strictly a helpdesk position. Management was absolutely terrible to employees and they cut you down. They removed the pension plan no incentive to work there for anyone.
Floating Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 27, 2017
Provides great benefits including pension and annual bonus pending positive earnings. Flexible hours depending on position held. Provides support to charitable companies through dress down fridays.
Pros
Secure job
Good work life balance
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYOctober 31, 2017
There is a lot of responsibility but the job is the best I have had in over 20 years of banking. I enjoy the people I work with. Employees opinions are valued and suggestions are used to improve bank processes.
Political
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Upstate New YorkOctober 22, 2017
If you’re in Norwich, NY or on the right side of the political influence you will love this company. Otherwise, don’t expect clarity or things to make sense...they seem to make decisions counterintuitively. If you’re in retail banking, then forget it. Getting your employees 0.20 raise will be act of God, but you will have plenty of unproductive meetings in NY’s farmcountry where you can get mileage paid.
Things changed for worse when the CEO changed.
Pros
Good performing company
Cons
Decisions are political, not logical
Decent company
Teller (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYOctober 19, 2017
Decent company, not much room for growth. Only like to give very small raises. They do not value their employees. Willing to lose good employees due to pay.
Alright work place
Technical Associate (Current Employee) –  Oneida, NYOctober 13, 2017
It is a good place to start out but not a good place to make a full career out of. Help desk is under staff and makes it very stressful to get daily things done.
Summary
Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norwich, NYOctober 5, 2017
NBT operations was very family oriented. They were willing to work with me for appointments or emergencies. I ended up leaving because the yearly raises low.
Branch Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Nashua, NHOctober 4, 2017
Enjoyed working there, great culture and people. Knowledgeable staff members in a fast pace environment. Enjoyed the day to day operations and helping clients resolve there financial issues
Fast Paced and a little stressful
Teller (Former Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYOctober 1, 2017
You have to move quickly while keeping all your accuracy. You do have to push sales, which can be uncomfortable. The management and more experienced are always willing to help.
Ehhh
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Norwich, NYSeptember 8, 2017
Good friends good benefits team leaders play favorites. Get Jean day. Fun days bad days, care about the community. This is a bor8ng job I loved teller but not csr
Good
Teller II (Current Employee) –  Norwich, NYSeptember 6, 2017
Good place to work not always availability to advance.
I would recommend it as long as it's your field of choice. Never feel less than in this career but know your abilities.
Fun place to work
OPERATIONS ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 29, 2017
I have learned so much about banking and its great. They are very fun and accomdating. I have met a lot of wonderful people and the working environment makes it a great place to work.
Pleasant employer, until company grew
LDCC/Operations (Former Employee) –  Norwich, NYAugust 29, 2017
My initial 13 years with NBT were without incident, this was until I moved from the Operations Center to the Loan Document and Collateral Control department. Once in the new department I found the work day to be monotonous. The management played favorites to those who had been in the area for an extended period of time. They also did not accommodate those employees that presented with disabilities. There was no sympathy for those who were having health issues with their children or other family members.Also, breaks became limited to one 15 minute break a day vs. the state required two.
Previous to this move, while in the Operations Center, I found that the management was open, honest and friendly. It was as though we were all family and working was pleasant enough to want to work extra hours happily. Training was always provided in excess to be sure the tasks at hand would be completed both promptly and accurately. This area of the bank always stressed that both breaks and lunches be taken according to the state requirements.
Pros
Free lunches when work was in excess, as well as appreciation lunches. Pleasant management team, and fellow employees
Cons
not family oriented, breaks were cut short, no sympathy for those with disabilites
Interesting
Teller (Current Employee) –  Oneida, NY 13421August 10, 2017
This job is definitely an experience, the pay is not worth the hours I put into it, and sales are different when you're at a bank that has been around for so many years.
NBT cares about it's employees and customers
NBT Bank (Former Employee) –  Norwich, NYJuly 18, 2017
The individuals I have worked with and for with this company have always treated me like family. It was an exceptional place to work and has been exciting to see how large the bank has grown in recent years.
Decent place to work
Teller II (Former Employee) –  Herkimer, NYJuly 10, 2017
NBT was a great place to work. Room for advancement, etc. But i did a lot at this place of employment for very little. More than was required in my job description for sure. But I did love working here. The people you work with and your customers almost become family. Would recommend, but pay could be better.
Pros
Work environment feels like family, very comfortable
Cons
Pay is not so good
Sales culture
Branch Manager II (Current Employee) –  Mountain Top, PAJune 22, 2017
Good benefits, including dental and vision. Some market managers are too pushy and sales driven, makes for stressful situation. Others are not, and pleasant to work for. Retail Executive Director is very people oriented. Reaches out and seems to genuinely care about the employees.
Great place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Norwich, NYMay 30, 2017
NBT bank is a fun place to work. I just wish the benefits were better and the pay was more competitive....................................................
Fun place to work for
Management Development Associate (Former Employee) –  Norwich, NYMay 17, 2017
Good company to work for. Management is so friendly and they want you to succeed. Benefits and salary compensation are with industry standards. My only concern is they can let you go at anytime. Nothing is certain.
Pros
Good benefits and salary
Cons
no security and breaks
Teller (Former Employee) –  Canton, NYMay 14, 2017
This was a face paced, great place to work. The team members were great. We were all able to work together and get things done in a timely manner. I believe the bank was ran really well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NBT Bank. Our community is ready to answer.