NBTY

NBTY Employer Reviews

Love wkring
Quality Assurance Coordinator (Current Employee), Ronkonkoma, NYNovember 24, 2014
love woking here at NBTY... benefits are great and is a good working area
My experience at NBTY
Material Handler / Assistant Lead (Former Employee), Carson, CANovember 23, 2014
Pros: good benefits, not everyone is on your back
Cons: shorts breaks
co-workers always ready to work,
everyone worked as a team,
management was always open for suggestions
all equipment would be fully charged and ready for a long work day, everyday was a challenge, especially when product would get lost in inventory, it would always be put back in the wrong locations
Great work environment, with excellent room for growth
Assistant Supervisor - Encapsulation Dept (Former Employee), South Plainfield, NJNovember 17, 2014
A typical day at work was very fast paced, with a lot of multitasking included I also supervised my co workers in daily productions and scheduling. I enjoyed working with all of my fellow co workers and managers in getting the job done.
Obtained excellent experience
Sr. Recruiter (Former Employee), RonkonkomaNovember 11, 2014
Pros: discount on wellness products
Cons: developing attractive offers for niche roles
Recruiting activities would vary per department. I utilized previous recruiting experience and was also able to gain knowledge in various areas within manufacturing, engineering, research and development, scientific, and supply chain. Would have loved to have more time investment from leadership as it relates to succession planning. I loved the challenge of attracting talent to hard to fill roles within a short time frame so as to support the success of the business.
Strong, Family Centered Company
Operations Intern (Former Employee), Ronkonkoma, NYNovember 4, 2014
All associates were helpful and eager to assist and teach. I was given a large amount of important work with the responsibility to train other associates when complete. Welcomed into meeting with upper management to gain insight into multiple workstreams and a variety of different sectors within the organization.
Co workers pull together to get it done!
Director of Sales, Target Team (Former Employee), Minneapolis MNOctober 21, 2014
Hard charging fast paced atmosphere.
New CEO on-boarding currently
Many personnel changes underway.
NBTY
Machine Operator - Coating (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLOctober 11, 2014
Pros: discount on products
Cons: overtime was technically forced.
place was alright people got along but nobody offered to help anybody else in nothing that didn't have to do with their job. it was like a imprisonment job very strict to the point that they bride you with the overtime or you would not get hired permanent.
Fast pace work environment
TELESALES/ CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Holbrook, NYOctober 7, 2014
Pros: incentives, bonus, commission, lunches, gift card, over time
Cons: commute
I work in a high call volume call center. I love dealing with customers along with co workers and gained interpersonal skills. I'm a team player, reliable and work well with others.
productive and easy going
Manufacturing Machine Operator (Former Employee), Naples, FLSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: company events with our familys
Clock in set up goals for the day with supervisor . Send coworkers to their work stations. Make sure the quality of our product was up to code and on a time.
busy work place
Packing, Shipping, Assembler (Former Employee), Deerfield Beach, FLSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: short breaks, should provide back braces
busy work place, friendly staff, co workers are depenable, the hardest part of the job is you have to rework the product because of one persons negligence.Most enjoyable part of the job is we you complete yor goal for the day, week, month.
family friendly
Team Leader (Former Employee), Carson, CASeptember 1, 2014
Pros: family friendly
Cons: low pay
NBTY draws upon nature's bounty to cash in on the market for preventive and alternative health care. As the largest vertically integrated source of nutritional supplements in the US, the company manufactures, wholesales, and retails more than 25,000 products including vitamins, minerals, herbs, and sports drinks. Brands include Ester-C, Nature's Bounty, Solgar, and Sundown. NBTY has manufacturing facilities in Canada, China, the UK, and the US and is able to produce and package capsules, tablets, powders, and liquids.
So many things are put in placeto ensure safety working condition.
Material Handler (Current Employee), Bohemia, NYJuly 30, 2014
I learn something new everyday at Nbty, the management are doing their best to see that the finish product meet the need of the customers. My co-workers depend on each other and realizse that team work is the best way to achieve our goal.
I LIKE TO WORK THERE
Inspection (Current Employee), Bayport, NYJuly 26, 2014
Pros: they give u coffe and some snanks
i LIKE THIS JOB BECAUSE MY SUPER VISOR IS GOOD AND VERY NICE. I LIKE WHAT I DO. I
productive workplace, good empoyees, good workplace.
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLJuly 23, 2014
Pros: free lunches sometimes, good benifits, great employees
Cons: management not organized, short breaks
A typical day at work would be fair, co- workers are friends, and which they treat each and everyone like family, we communicate to get the job done easier and quickly in a smooth and organized fashion. I learn to organized, prioritize important products such as batches that has a buyers due date. sanitizing which means everything has to be clean for the next job or product, cleaning of machines, tools, walls and rails are part of a daily routing work. The hardest part of the job is when all the machines are working, speed are turned up, absent employees which put more burden on another employee, most enjoyable part of the job is when we succeed In completing the goal that was set for the month and also free lunches.
production faclity, vitamin world industry,
Pharmacy Lead Direct (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FLJuly 19, 2014
Pros: greatbenefit, great bonuses
Cons: late hours
As a Pharmacy Lead Direct I am in charge of delegating and responsible for product that is process each day. We all have to work as a team to get the job accomplished.
Industrial Washer (Former Employee), Carson, CAJuly 15, 2014
the hardest part of the job was long hours with only 1 break other then that it was a great place with a lot of mix culture. The most enjoyable was meeting new people. A typical day consist of washing industrial parts that came off the machine in a sanitary matter following SOP and GMP guide lines, after washing was compete i helped with the setup of the machines.
Productive place to work
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Hazleton, PAJuly 9, 2014
Pros: great management
Cons: growth
Long hours. The best art is that the building is climate controled and the temp never gets hotter than 72
Great benefits and work life balance
Project Manager (Current Employee), new york, long islandJune 30, 2014
Great work balance company. Working with cross-functional teams is a plus here at nbty
Job security
Mechanic (Former Employee), Holbrook, NYJune 27, 2014
Pros: great people to work with and great atmosphere.
Cons: last shift’s hours are extended until production requirements for the day are achieved, when earlier shifts fall short
Good place to work. Great people to work with and great atmosphere. Great benefits.
different
Order Selector (Former Employee), South Plainfield, NJJune 17, 2014
Pros: good pay, good hours
Cons: lack of english being spoken
used a stand up forklift to navigate threw warehouse to pick orders and stage them for the mixers

someone lied on me at this job and i got fired

1 2 3 4