NBTY

NBTY Employee Reviews

Business Going Places, IT not so much
MGR, IT Asset Management (Former Employee), Ronkonkoma, NYJuly 26, 2015
Pros: Business Going Places
Cons: How that will translate to IT never shown
Developed and implemented the ITAM processes by actually doing the work and ensuring it was done correctly. Management's definition of "leadership" never quite met my US Marine Corps inspired definition of leadership.
Great Teamwork
Executive (Current Employee), New YorkJuly 4, 2015
Pros: Fun environment
Cons: Changes in management
Great industry leader with a good work life balance. The health and wellness atmosphere motivates the teams to live the lifestyle and be involved with the strategies.
every friday the gave us a hour break due to our hard work during the week.
equipment cleaner (Former Employee), Bohemia, NYJuly 3, 2015
I and another co-worker cleaned machines. I leanred if your not careful you can hurt your self from not looking what you are doing. the management was cool the made sure we was doing what we was suppose to do as well not breaking our necks doing it. My co-workers was cool funny outgoing made sure i liked the job and i was alright at all times.i didnt face anything hard at the job at all.but the most enjoyable part was cleaning the machines i take pride and my work very serious.
High demanding
pharmacy (Former Employee), bohemia, nyJune 22, 2015
Pros: lots of benefits and rewards for veterans in this company
Cons: work overload, high restriction and strict policy
It's a great experience working with this company and It has good opportunity to advance If anyone is interested. Too many employees that works at this company are lazy so that means more work for those that actually work.
good job
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Carson, CAJune 12, 2015
Pros: good company
Cons: plant shut down
put up finished product loaded unloaded trucks how to use all kinds of forklifts. my bosses were good and honest hard working people very enjoyable to work for.my coworkers were good hard working people.hardest part of my job the long hours sometimes 12 to 14 hours a day.best part of the job knowing i did a good job and my bosses loved it
Professional and fun place to work
Customer Service/Sales (Current Employee), Holbrook, NYJune 8, 2015
I have enjoyed working at NBTY. The employees are all great and we work hard to satisfy all of our customers and fellow employees needs.
Horrible place to work don't work here save yourself the headache
Line Runner (Current Employee), Bohemia, NYJune 5, 2015
Pros: weekly pay associates I work with
Cons: mangement, lack of respect, over worked, mandatory overtime
the management team is completely incompetent and are down right nasty to their associates it goes beyond being disrespectful. Their is mandatory overtime that is forced upon associates and it you decided that you did not want to come in on a weekend you will be given a write up/fired. Associates are over worked and underpaid. HR does nothing to help anyone and are in cahoots with management. Opinions are not allowed and it you happen to voice your opinion or disagree with management they retaliate. Job duties increase but, you are given the same pay. Overall this is a horrible place to work. I like that I get paid weekly but, that is the most I can say. I love the people I work with on the associates level but, the management team is completely crazy. Supervisors and associates are leaving in droves and they are no replacing them. On my shift their are more temps than associates. We have been currently working mandatory overtime since January and it is now June numerous associates are forced to stay an extra 4 hours after their shift or come in early 4 hours mandatory if you do not you will be written up. If I could give this place 0 stars I would
productive yet stressful working environment.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Bohemia, NYJune 3, 2015
Pros: Helpful co-workers, good salary, and benifits.
Cons: Highly stressful, safety issues, you canprogress but not if your not liked.
Extremely high work load, along with fast past deadlines. The co-workers are nice, hard working, but stressed from work load/deadlines. Management seem to care more about deadlines then safety to the point were they wont fix a problem until it becomes an accident. the hardest part of the job is meeting the deadline while taking the directives of management that are hypocritical and against safety guidelines. The enjoyable part of the job are the co-workers, they are hard working and helpful individuals.
Not Professional
Product Information Specialist (Former Employee), Carbondale, ILJune 2, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Lack of respect and lack of effective leadership
This company seemed to promote ineffective employees to management positions. There seemed to be a lack of leadership as well as lack of direction.
Great Learning Experience
Associate Brand Manager (Former Employee), RonkonkomaMay 8, 2015
Pros: Learning and good company benefits
Cons: Many stressful deadlines
NBTY was a great place for learning. Good performance was recognized and rewarded. I'm now a much more educated vitamin and supplement consumer.
Good group of people that are very supportive
Sr. Brand Manager, Balance Bar (Current Employee), Ronkonkoma, NYMay 6, 2015
Focused on driving sales in key retailers and channels with emphasis on new product launches. Work cross-functionally with trade, customer marketing, and sales to develop programs that are specific to customers and provide return on investment
follow formulas in production of vitamins
Blender (Former Employee), Ronkonkoma, nyMay 5, 2015
Pros: I had an excellent benifit package
Cons: not a good working
not a good working environment. Unstable management when I was employed . Also not a very healthy working environment.
Good company many years ago, not so much after the merger
Project Engineer (Former Employee), Garden Grove, CAApril 22, 2015
NBTY used to have a great work-life balance, friendly environment, great knowledgeable people. It has changed ever since the Carlyle acquisition
hard labor and heavy work load
Capsulate Machine Operator (Former Employee), Ronkonkoma, NYApril 12, 2015
Pros: Long break
Cons: Heavy work load, too much stress
This job required many hard duties. I had to shift and operate pharmaceutical gel machines and put them in their correct positions. I had to do much multi-tasking and also help my fellow workers.
Too many changes and not communicated to emplyees
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), gaden grove, caApril 9, 2015
Pros: friendly people
Cons: communication -turnover rapid
Not interested in leaving detail on this company - please note that each person has different ideas and not all employees have the same feelings
Productive/ Competative Company
Order Picker/Packer/Fork Lift Operator (Current Employee), Hazleton, PAApril 7, 2015
A typical day at work is very busy and productive, My Co-Workers are very fun and friendly which makes it for an enjoyable work day. I l gained a lot of warehouse experience in all department of the field
Good benefits, plenty of overtime available
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Bohemia, NYMarch 22, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: stressful conditions
It was a family run business, recently bought by a financial firm and all new upper management now running things. Not as personable as in earlier years.
Under huge transition
Global Supplier Quality Analyst (Current Employee), Bohemia, NYMarch 21, 2015
Company is currently making long-overdue process changes to be more competitive in a fast-growing market. The result is disjointed interdepartmental communication, shoddy processing linking old and new systems, and an ever-changing enviroment that is possible to level set and sustain.
Layoffs and Resignations are daily at NBTY IT
Information Technology (Current Employee), Bohemia, NYMarch 10, 2015
Pros: its a job (temporary at best)
Cons: too many to list, please see above.
NBTY is in a freefall during the past year. Anyone who can get another job has left or gotten laid off. The Company is owned by Carlyle Group (money managers) who are desperately cutting payroll at any expense to compensate for lower sales. The entire IT shop is now outsourced to Indian Companies. US IT employees are treated poorly and being replaced by Indian Companies to save money. IT Management team is in crisis mode as they try to keep things from unravelling further. Senior Management hide in their offices and pretend everything is going great.
Where have the good times gone?
Maintenance Dept. Supervisor/Lead Shop Mechanic (Former Employee), South Plainfield, NJMarch 6, 2015
Pros: good benefits, good products, great people.
Cons: took a great deal of time to reach a respectable hourly pay.
The facility that I worked for started out as Nutro Laboratories, a contract manufacturer of vitamins in South Plainfield NJ. The company was purchased in 2000 by Natures Bounty. What I really liked about this purchase was that NBTY retained all of the former Nutro Labs employees. Right from the start, NBTY made sensible changes to our facility, and we prospered. When NBTY was taken over by a investment firm, things started to change. Facilities began to be slated for shut down, including ours. It was a real shame because our facility was prospering.

1 2 3 4 5

About NBTY

NBTY, Inc. manufactures, markets, distributes, and retails vitamins, nutritional supplements, and related products in the United – Read more

NBTY Salaries