NC A&T State UNiversity Employee Reviews

Sometimes good
Telecommunicator/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 23, 2017
It was a good place to work. It could be stressful. The work load could be a lot. The co workers are great. The standards a high and the accountability was high. The growth of the department is still growing.
Benefits
Cons
Not allowed to leave to take lunch breaks
Stressful
Cashiers Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 8, 2017
You have to deal with college students who may have problems with their tuition but some how it's your fault. They pay little and hey drop your hours without warning.
Pros
Going home
Cons
Weak salary
Limited experience over two semesters in an experimental program.
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 2, 2017
NC A&T University is a great place to work.

I worked in Community Mental Health program which was a grant program for accelerated 2-yr degree training for paraprofessionals in mental health. That program was not, in my opinion, operating effectively during my tenure.
Pros
Excelllent University, good mission.
Cons
Student recruitment and program management
Inequality
Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 28, 2017
What I learned from working at NC A&T is that if you are liked by management, you can and will advance, receive pay increases, and promotion. However, if they don't like you, they will sh.. on you. Put their foot down, twist and turn It. It is not about what you know, it’s all about who you know. They do what they want for who they want to. :-(
Pros
Beautiful campus
Cons
Management can be very vindictive
Productive and educational with applicable obstacles
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 5, 2017
I enjoyed learning so many skills and applying them to my research as well as comprehending the purpose behind my work. I have a very understanding supporting staff in which they provides critical information to aid in my success.
Pros
Family orientated
Cons
Stipulations on healthcare
Professional work environment.
Associate Director - Financial Aid (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 16, 2017
I learned a lot as the Associate Director in the Financial Aid Office.

Dealing with students on a daily basis was very rewarding. When you are able to get funding for a student to attend the university was the rewarding part of my job.

The hardest part of my job was not being able to find scholarships and grants so that students would not have to apply for loans to be paid back.

The most enjoyable part of my job was to see students graduate and to know that I had a small part of the process.
Great Experience
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 1, 2017
I had fun working here. Being able to make burgers and other sandwiches for customers. I went from crew member to manager. And I was able to work the night shift as a manager.
wonderful historically black university
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 13, 2017
A great experience for me as an adjunct instructor. Students were top notch. so glad to be a part of educating these future teachers.
Love the diversity.
Pros
diversity
Cons
no cons
Gym Front Desk associate
Campus Recreation front desk associate (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 24, 2016
It was a great experience. That taught me how to work with others and assist others in accomplishing their goals. Seeing regulars come is the most fun part of the day. Not closing on time is the least enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Not closing on time
Loved my work family
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 1, 2016
I absolutely loved my work family and the work and service we provided for the campus (we made the best of our limited resources); however, poor leadership from "higher up" often has a trickle down effect and stands in the way of exceptional people being able to provide exceptional work.
Pros
Family atmosphere in which we all had each other's backs, mentoring and having a lasting impact on on shaping the minds of future leaders
Cons
Small department budget put restraints on what my supervisor was able to do for his employees
Great place like working with your family
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 19, 2015
Wonderful work environment. Everyone is like a big happy family. We get our work done and we also have a great time. Everyone is very supportive of you and your decisions.
facility maintenance. housing department
hvac, housing maintenance (Current Employee) –  facilitiesMarch 20, 2015
This job is terrible. Boses dont care about employees treat you like just a number. No real training and dead endjob will not have a chance to move up unless you kiss the bosses Been working here for years and still stuck at same low pay rate.
Pros
none, paycheck
Cons
every thing is terrible in maintenance department.
Inconsistent processes, difficult or non-existent training.
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 15, 2014
The students are the best part of NCA&T! I truly enjoyed supporting them. Training at A&T is very difficult. There is a "sink or swim" culture that offers little to no support. Very frustrating when you only want to do your job to the best of your ability.
Pros
University civil rights history. Great students!
Cons
Training is very sporadic and inconsistent.
Awful school with poor standards.
Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 26, 2013
Worst professional experience of my life. Students with no accountability, unprofessional staff and corrupt administration.
Aggie Pride?!
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 28, 2013
Female faculty are not given any respect. The pay is subpar. Expectations of new faculty supersedes the credentials of most long time faculty. Technology is subpar.
Cons
subpar pay; available technology terrible; departmental politics
Productive and a busy place.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 10, 2012
It was a work study job, so in my long break between classes, I would go in and sit at a desk. I answered incoming callls, filing, take messages and ran errands. I learned how to take messages correctly, don't be scared to ask someone to repeat themself if I didn't understand something they said. The people I worked with were very nice. I enjoyed working with people and meeting new people that came in and out of the office.
Pros
working in a office, and meeting new people.
Cons
not enough hours.
Awful place to work
Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 7, 2012
Typical Day: dealing with unmotivated students, incompetent staff, indifferent administrators.
What learned: mediocrity develops a nasty edge to cover its shortcomings.
Management: It would be a good idea.
Co-workers: The best co-workers left two years ago. Those that remain deny that there is anything wrong here.
Hardest part of job: watching administrators draw salaries for mucking up progress hard-won by instructors.
Most enjoyable part of job: seeing 'light bulb turn on' above best students' heads.
Pros
decent salary and benefits.
Cons
horrible administrators. poor students. depressing work environment.