NC State University Employee Reviews

Students, faculty, staff, and administrators were renowned.
Administrative Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 11, 2015
The goal of the university is to educate students to go into the world.
Work with well-trained office professionals at the campus.
I loved the opportunity it gave me to serve the community at large.
Fun Staff
Resident Advisor (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 14, 2015
This is a very rewarding job if you love the people you work with. Sometimes admin work piles up and is expected to be complete in a minimal amount of time, which can be very time consuming.
Very good experience
Researcher in Lidar (Former Employee) –  Optics lab and Lidar labOctober 21, 2015
I worked 2 years in the Optics and Lidar lab. It have been a great experience working there. Dr Hallen gave me many instructions and I have gained a lot from there.
Autonomy and ownership of work
Community Director (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 24, 2015
Through the placement and success of students, this company focuses on ensuring students are given the best experience to be successful upon graduation.
Pros
benefits, on campus housing, student focus
Cons
Work/Life balance
great place to work
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 19, 2015
the hours is great the pay is good,, the only thing I don't like about this company. no parking availability you would have to get up before the birds to find a good parking space.. or get dropped off. other then that. I give this company a 5 star
Pros
great pay.
Cons
bad parking
Ineffective management ruined work atmosphere
Director of Business Development (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 17, 2015
Abuse of power was common.
Little room for advancement because each college was in a silo.
Good benefits and fun to work on a campus.
Pros
Free tuition! Fun to work on a campus.
Cons
Poor managment
You get out what you put in!
Volunteer Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 20, 2015
Since I was in a volunteer position, it was really up to me to decide how much I wanted to put into helping out my professor with his research. It gave me a great chance to learn some new software and get a taste of what research in a academia setting is like. A colleague of mine was also helping my professor with the research but he was instructed to come up programs with MATLAB. So we weren't working in conjunction with each other.
NCSU
Executive Administrative Assistant /Bookkeeper (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 12, 2015
NCSU has provided me with many opportunities & years of experience. This has helped me find my passion, which is Event Coordinating/Project Management.
great people
Computer Technician (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 5, 2015
Great atmosphere, advanced technology, flexible hours, great management. Good job for a student. I learned more in the job than in class. Co-workers are always willing to help you with anything.
Best university to work at ever!!
Assistant Designer (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 8, 2015
NC State has a wonderful community, and exciting projects. Of course it has the limitations involving working for a university, but overall a wonderful place to work and attend school.
Awesome Place to work
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 5, 2015
Brilliant Opportunity for an aspiring scientist. Excellent support for research and valuable experience to aid aims to become an academic.
Loved this job
Accounting Clerk IV (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 17, 2015
I loved this job. Was the first job I received after college. Taught me so much. I was promoted from Accounting Assistant to Accounting Technician. I loved the people I worked for. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people. Just an excellent team. The hardest part of the job was leaving. I was making a lot and it was a starter job.
Pros
pleasant place to work
Cons
salary
Great work experience that provided a lot of learning opportunities
4-H After School Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJanuary 15, 2015
Each day offered opportunities to influence and be apart of the community that I worked in. NC State utilized and therefore, offered training in computer software and communication applications that allowed me to stay at the forefront of current professional technology. I developed a fantastic relationship with a group of inviting and creative co-workers who helped to make it fun to be a part of that team. The hardest part of the work that I performed was that it required a desire to change on the part of the participants. Program participation was voluntary and could not be mandated, so attendance was not always consistent. The most enjoyable aspect of having worked with NC State University was teaching and developing relationships with my participants while having the opportunity to live out my passion.
its agood place to work but i really want to do more with my life and make enough to suport my family.
Cook (Current Employee) –  Raleigh ncJanuary 4, 2015
Its a very good place to work but i cant deal with temp as a title the place has given me full time without any benefits and i have a family to care for i need to get a better job that pays better and one that is perminate and not temp i feel i ow it to my family to do so we can have a better life together.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no benifits no security not paid enough and not enogh hours
grounds worker
Grounds Worker (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 5, 2014
learned a lot about the outdoors. it was my first job doing landscaping. it was only a temp position. I would work there again if I could. I was laid off due to the budget. Had a great time and met cool people. Supervisor was cool. Go wolfpack. Great summer job for young students
Pros
outdoor
Cons
too hot sometimes
Part-time work with great people
NC STATE FACILITIES AND OPERATIONS ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 3, 2014
A really fun environment and a place I would love to continue to work at. I am only part-time at the moment so I am enjoying it while I can.
Pros
people, honest work
Cons
tedious, weather
A good place to live and work
Postdoctoral Researcher (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 19, 2014
A good place to live and work.
Learned a lot of chemistry here.
Flexible management, yet probably depending on PIs
Excellent organization for which to work.
Item Writer (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 30, 2014
Challenging opportunity to leverage technical expertise within higher education for the benefit of students across the state.
Interesting and exciting
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 24, 2014
When I received the housekeeping position at NC State I was overwhelmed. I had finally got an opportunity to work somewhere I was going to enjoy. I viewed NC Sate as a Hilton, very professional and demanding. A typical day for me at work was arriving at 4am, having a team meeting and going to my assign area. My manager was very informative on the information she presented to us. The hardest part of the job was cleaning the bathrooms after the football players, but the most enjoyable part of the job was cleaning and organizing an assigned area for incoming guest. My co-workers was very friendly and always willing to help. From this job experience I've learned that this world is full of opportunities and with the right encouragement and that right someone to give you a chance anything is possible.
Pros
shift ended at 12 noon
Cons
shift started at 4am
Research assitantship
Database Technician (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 4, 2014
Able to work at own pace and do database entry and mangement
Various and diverse tasks