NCAA Employee Reviews

Fun workplace and even more fun teammates
NCAA Division II Softball Student Athlete (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 8, 2017
Playeing here for two years was some of the best times I had in college. Excellent coaching staff who were always encouraging and fun to be around. Being a part of athletics was truly an honor to represent the team and school.
Fun
Field Manager/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 26, 2017
Worked with them for 3 years as a Field manager for Buick's activation for the NCAA Experience. Great environment, but very busy and fast paced. Must be able to move quickly on your feet.
productive
Compliance Intern (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 20, 2017
It was a very productive work environment that I would recommend to others. Everyone works well together and enjoys being around each other. Would recommend.
I have a great time being part of it
Player (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAFebruary 7, 2017
Playing division one sports can be very challenging. Being able to maintain a good performance academically is a big deal.
Fun
Photography Internship (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 5, 2017
One of the jobs I had the most fun at. It was very nice working with people that take sports as serious as me while enjoying the different places I was taking pictures at.
Productive and Fun work place
Intern (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 23, 2017
My review about my experience was, I was able to strengthen and build upon my major which is sport management and I got basic characteristics from the NFL General Mangers. Also, I was able to network and build my resume.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Short Breaks
Excellent leadership and teamwork
Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 19, 2017
Loved working for IT department although it was a limited short-term assignment. Team worked together. Manager was easy to get along with. Hard work was acknowledged and appreciated.
Pros
Excellent people
Cons
Long-term position was not available
Independent Contractor
College Basketball Official (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTDecember 28, 2016
Basketball officials are considered independent contractors. I enjoyed the travel, interacting with a variety of people, and the challenges that came along the way. A lot of networking involved. Rigorous study needed. Personality needs to be just right for this type of job.
Demanding in responsibilities, but rewarding in the show.
Special Events Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 22, 2016
I was a volunteer and not much was required of me; just clean locker rooms and keep everything clean and nice. Overall it was a cool experience of seeing the game from the inside right next to the teams and having the best backstage pass.
Pros
Free lunch, unlimited gatorades.
Harsh
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 8, 2016
The whole situation was spread thing making it tough to actually meet people in a 4 mile radius. the tournament itself and the coaches made it worth it
Amazing
Hockey official (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 13, 2016
There isn't a bad day at the office, getting the opportunity to work with athletes and stay apart of the game. would recommend it to anyone.
Volunteer for Final Four
Men's Final Four Lacrosse Championship Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 4, 2016
Volunteered for the Men's Lacrosse Final Four Championship. In charge of on-field promotions and marketing during the event.
Excellent program for officiating quality soccer
Soccer official (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 28, 2016
Great company for allowing officials to referee at the collegiate level. Learning alot about school programs and what it means to be a professional.
This wasnt a job
Chapter President (Former Employee) –  Beloit, WIMarch 3, 2016
I played football and ran track competitively for 4 years in college. Making the all academic team from my impeccable grades and tenacious GPA. Found out that I could compete at a very high level of consciousness in the classroom and on the field.
Pros
Good talent
Cons
Some horrible talent
Okay
Regional Tournament Intern (Former Employee) –  Moosic, PAFebruary 21, 2016
NCAA took to much control over things. If it was not for NCAA the tournament may have been run smoother. NCAA should let host school run.
Fun and exciting
Official (Current Employee) –  United StatesDecember 17, 2015
If you love what you do, it will show up in what you do. Its hard to be a selected official, but once you are, you will be called upon to do big games. You make great friends and have lifelong relationships.
Enjoyable Place to Go to Work
Media Coordination Staff (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 29, 2015
Good place to work with good people who are willing to help co-workers out. Ability to develop skills for other industries if you choose to leave working in sports.
Friendly and welcoming environment
Postgraduate Intern (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 13, 2015
As a postgraduate intern, the NCAA treats me like a full time staff member. So far, it has been such a wonderful experience.
Pros
Very diverse
Cons
Corporate
Prodcutive
Basketball Player (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXFebruary 16, 2015
I gained great leadership skills and a hard work ethic throughout my times at other employments. The most employable part of my jobs were the flexibility of my bosses to work around my school schedule.
I never have a game that is the same
Sports Official (Current Employee) –  TXFebruary 2, 2015
A typical day at work is umpiring a baseball game. I enjoy umpiring baseball because I never know the out come of the game. I have the opportunity to work with many different partners at a wide variety of locations. This helps me with my communication and navigation skills. People react differently to a close play in the game keeping my attention to detail and subtle clues in check. I have learned to work with people from different backgrounds and educational levels. Managing my schedule and the pace of the game are routine. Managing people with difficult personalities remains challenging. I have a good working relationship with all my coworkers. The hardest part of the job has been empathizing with the loosing team. The most enjoyable part is that I have the best seat in the house while I participate in the game as an official.
Pros
I get to travel around.
Cons
its not a year round job.