NCAA Employee Reviews in United States

Volunteer for Final Four
Men's Final Four Lacrosse Championship Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 4, 2016
Volunteered for the Men's Lacrosse Final Four Championship. In charge of on-field promotions and marketing during the event.
Excellent program for officiating quality soccer
Soccer official (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 28, 2016
Great company for allowing officials to referee at the collegiate level. Learning alot about school programs and what it means to be a professional.
This wasnt a job
Chapter President (Former Employee) –  Beloit, WIMarch 3, 2016
I played football and ran track competitively for 4 years in college. Making the all academic team from my impeccable grades and tenacious GPA. Found out that I could compete at a very high level of consciousness in the classroom and on the field.
Pros
Good talent
Cons
Some horrible talent
Okay
Regional Tournament Intern (Former Employee) –  Moosic, PAFebruary 21, 2016
NCAA took to much control over things. If it was not for NCAA the tournament may have been run smoother. NCAA should let host school run.
Fun and exciting
Official (Current Employee) –  United StatesDecember 17, 2015
If you love what you do, it will show up in what you do. Its hard to be a selected official, but once you are, you will be called upon to do big games. You make great friends and have lifelong relationships.
Enjoyable Place to Go to Work
Media Coordination Staff (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 29, 2015
Good place to work with good people who are willing to help co-workers out. Ability to develop skills for other industries if you choose to leave working in sports.
Friendly and welcoming environment
Postgraduate Intern (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 13, 2015
As a postgraduate intern, the NCAA treats me like a full time staff member. So far, it has been such a wonderful experience.
Pros
Very diverse
Cons
Corporate
Prodcutive
Basketball Player (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXFebruary 16, 2015
I gained great leadership skills and a hard work ethic throughout my times at other employments. The most employable part of my jobs were the flexibility of my bosses to work around my school schedule.
I never have a game that is the same
Sports Official (Current Employee) –  TXFebruary 2, 2015
A typical day at work is umpiring a baseball game. I enjoy umpiring baseball because I never know the out come of the game. I have the opportunity to work with many different partners at a wide variety of locations. This helps me with my communication and navigation skills. People react differently to a close play in the game keeping my attention to detail and subtle clues in check. I have learned to work with people from different backgrounds and educational levels. Managing my schedule and the pace of the game are routine. Managing people with difficult personalities remains challenging. I have a good working relationship with all my coworkers. The hardest part of the job has been empathizing with the loosing team. The most enjoyable part is that I have the best seat in the house while I participate in the game as an official.
Pros
i get to travel around.
Cons
its not a year round job.
Ncaa
Division I Athlete (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJune 16, 2014
Spent 40 hours a week enjoying playing for NCAA. Helped me learn how to work well with people and manage school work and athletics.

Want to know more about NCAA?

Ask a question
Major Sporting Event
Operations Staff (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 6, 2014
This was a great chance to see how the First round of the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament functions. The operations side of the tournament is great to see for a sports business major.
Football
Division III Varsity Football, Team Captain (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAJanuary 23, 2014
• Captain of the USA South Conference Championship Football team
• Devote over twenty hours a week to skill building, team cohesion, opponent video study and game planning
• Motivate and lead players towards accomplishing specific goals both on and off of the field
• Dedicate several hours during the year volunteering around the campus and community with team
An interesting place to work
Associate Director (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 31, 2013
As with most any opportunity, make the most of it!
There are may areas of the Association. It is a place worth exploring. Some may want to stay, some may want to leave after 5-10 years and secure a position on campus or at a conference.
DIII Athletes are Competitive too.
Division III Athlete (Former Employee) –  Geneseo, NYSeptember 22, 2013
DIII XC and Track and Field is a very competitive division and made my college experience a positive one.
Great program.
Division I Athlete (Former Employee) –  Harrisonburg VASeptember 7, 2013
It was an honor to play under the enforcement of the NCAA. I was a field hockey player for James Madison University. The athletic department rules and regulations were governed by the NCAA.
Playing football was fun
Scholar Athlete (Former Employee) –  Orono meAugust 29, 2013
Interesting crowd in this organization. Play it too much by the book instead of letting things flow.
Volunteer Review
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 22, 2013
Very well organized. Learned a lot about social media marketing and being a part of a "street team" during an event.
Pros
free clothes for event
Cons
traffic/distance to get to event
Higher Education
Accomplishments and Player Development (Former Employee) –  Tiffin, OHJuly 20, 2013
Assist in scheduling practices, practice and game coaching, fundraising, recruiting new players, assist with hitting/fielding camps, teaching the game of softball with a primary focus on outfield/hitting, hotel arrangements, driving vans on game days, routing trips and other activities as needed.
First Job
Web Editor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 13, 2013
Didn't really get a chance to do much, not even sure the NCAA is in New York anymore.
review
Men's and Women's Head Soccer Coach (Former Employee) –  Harrogate, TNJanuary 31, 2013
great place to get my start
wonderful people and facilities