NCC Employee Reviews in United States

Not to Happy
Residential Aide/ Dedicated Aide (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 2, 2016
Its a great place to work, However Management has no Customer Skills. Their dress code doesn't exist in the cooperate building. Everyone is going to the club. Attitudes are very bad to new employees. Trying to help the individuals with daily living, Management waits on their time to deliver items that the persons we serve. Knowingly the persons we serve need items. Birthdays are the worse. People who has been at this company for over 30 years only received a candy dish and a certificate with lunch which I think is very insulting. Money...... not even want to go there. Overall, this company doesn't really care for the individuals we serve until PCR in which that's crazy... Not happy with this company at all.
Pros
The individuals we help everyday
Cons
Low pay, nasty attitude in Main buiding and just so much to name
Good place for growth.
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 25, 2016
Account management and a good role to grow within the security space. Space to contribute into the formal sales process.
Family
SENIOR ESTIMATOR/ PM-CONSULTING SERVICES (Former Employee) –  Closter, NJMay 22, 2016
Family oriented, learned government projects, Project management, site supervision and coworker other kind of constructing work.
Pros
Family
Cons
nothing
Good Place
security engineering intern (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 30, 2015
Nice place to learn. Lot of very smart people in the company. Consultant life will take you places/companies and offers a lot of exposure.
friendly team of professionals
Project Secretary (Former Employee) –  Saint Peterburg, RussiaOctober 21, 2015
typical day on a construction site starts at 8.00 and it's full of different tasks to fulfill. We had about 2-3 meetings with subcontractors a day and also needed to solve current problems and issues.
My co-workers are real professionals and good people. They are proactive and effective. They can easily combine project work, family life, sports and fun.
good atmosphere
Appointment Setter (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 2, 2015
Everyone was nice wasn't with the company long they closed down.
I wasn't employed with this particular company very long
Pros
learned alot
Cons
company closed
Working for a high volume company is exhilarating
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 28, 2015
With NCC company i learned how to work in a high volume fast pace company. Dealing with importing and exporting was a daily task and keeping busy made the time go by fast. including after lunch. My co-workers where so friendly they made everyone smile. Even on their busiest season
Pros
Working together as a group was fun
Cons
none at the moment
Enjoyed decorating for themed lunches and activities.
Orientation Guide (Former Employee) –  BethlehemJune 21, 2015
Fun, and easy to complete daily job expectations.
Enjoyed guiding new students and families through the campus and
answering their questions simply and efficiently.
Also found it easy to train new recruits for the second week of orientation.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Seasonal Job
Open to Opportunities
Group Home Manager (Current Employee) –  North Royalton, OHJune 12, 2015
The company opens many doors, but the staff run the place. Upper management takes too much stock in what they say and does not support middle management. Best part of the company is the residents in the group homes. They are wonderful. Support staff in other departments are also very kind and helpful.
Very friendly enviroment and great team work
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 24, 2014
I enjoyed working with this company and learn more about setting up windows serves and troubleshoot network systems and also repairing Printer, Fax, and Copy machines.
No room for advancement
collector (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJuly 21, 2014
Stuck in the old thoughts of collection. IT department terrible. Need new software.
Pros
one manager (brandon)
Cons
all the other lazy managers
Great working envirnment
Maintenance Helper (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMarch 31, 2014
Great pay, work 7 days a week from 8 hours to 24+ depending on the job/ project, construction, landscaping, and moving stuff for people
A Good Place to Work
Technician (Current Employee) –  Ray, NDMarch 24, 2014
A good place to work with friendly employees and customers.
Difficult Management
Web Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAJune 5, 2013
The owner of the company frequently micromanaged and many of the employees felt that their paycheck had strings attached.
I felt that the owner felt entitled to mettle into your personal life just because you worked for them.
Pros
close bond with colleagues, decent pay
Cons
inappropriate conduct by owner
First "real" job out of Univeristy - good experience, no opportunity for growth
Operations Administrator (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 14, 2012
Working at NCC Group for the past year has enabled me to make ends meet and I have learned a lot regarding operational tasks.

Unfortunately, I have come to a dead end as to how much I can learn.
Pros
great location
Cons
compensation, quality of management
National Certified Counselor credential has many perks to advance one's profession. The NCC credential is nationally acclaimed.
National Certified Counselor (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SC; Greensboro, NC; Atlanta, GAJuly 16, 2012
THe National Certified Counselor' s credential is backed by the National Board for Certified Counselors. It represents the epitome of counseling education and accreditation status from the Council on Accreditationfor Counseling Related Education. Such a credential is respected by management and co-workers alike. Being a National Certified Counselor means you are one at the top of the game.
Pros
the ncc designation is limited to the highest educational standards reviewed.
Cons
ncc credential may not be equally recognized througout the country.
Casual, productive and fun place to work.
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJMay 21, 2012
Love working at NCC as one of their instructors. I usully get there about 1/2 hour early to set up my equipment and wait for my students. Once class starts, there are a lot of questions and teamwork in the classroom and students always want to stay after class for more one-to-one questions and guidance.

My supervisor is pretty hands off, but always available for questions. My co-workers are wonderful, but I trully don't get to speak to them much or socialize with them.

The challenging part of my job is teaching in two language at the same time. This semester I have 23 students that only speak Spanish and 1 that only speaks English, but I don't mind. It keeps my language skill fresh.
Pros
close to home
Cons
part-time
peaceful
National Counseling Consultant (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAApril 19, 2012
It was a place to work if you just wanted something part-time it was a fun place to work was not alot of stress.
Pros
no stress
Cons
comission
Understanding Management
insurance collector (Former Employee) –  insurance departmentMarch 2, 2012
I really like and enjoyed working for this company. The people were always nice as long as you do your job and fast paced and fast learner and adapt to changes. The hours were understandable breaks were good