NCCC Employee Reviews

Opportunity to travel and serve others
Corps Member (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 28, 2017
AmeriCorps NCCC is a great program for youth adults between the ages of 18-24 who wish to travel and serve others across the country.The program allows one to travel with a group of 10 other young adults and make positive changes in communities.
early morning briefings
Maintenance tech (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCJune 15, 2017
i loved this job from management all the way to my daily task. this church was full of a total diverse cast of amazing team leaders. this is where i gained a great sense for what character here. it always felt like more of a job.!
Pros
free lunches, flexible
Cons
no cons
its always excited to come for duty
Sales Person (Former Employee) –  Puerto princessa, PalawanMarch 8, 2015
its fun with co-workers
interpersonal
good strategy for sales
nice to talk new things with them
you will stand for all days (8hours)
you can see new faces
Pros
meet new friends, discounts for all items
Cons
short lunch break, few minutes late will be considered as 1hours deduction
Fun place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Sanborn, NYOctober 30, 2014
This college understands that college students are always looking for extra money to help them get along, and they have the resources that the students need to find employment on or off campus and I felt honored to be apart of the team that helped with these opportunities.
Great experience working at NCCC
typist- Presidents office (Former Employee) –  Sanborn, NYOctober 1, 2013
I started out at NCCC in the Presidents Office as a typist. I enjoyed my job very much. The office had many tasks, and responsibilities that went with the position. When i first started out at the office i had very little experience. ( i was canvased through a civil service exam for the position) I learned many skills on my own while still in my first few months. I walked myself through the programs Excel, Visio and Microsoft Office. The hardest part of my position was that i was not trained in anyway for the position. I basically was expected to just fall into place. I had several compliments from people that came into the office about my professionalism and level of courtesy.
Pros
excellent benefits, school schedule coordinated with my childrens school schedule
Cons
cut in work hrs, eventual cut in position
Hardest 10 months of my life
Corps Member (Former Employee) –  Perry Point, MDAugust 18, 2013
This isn't a job, it's national service. There isn't really much of a way to describe it. It's really hard but you'll meet life long friends and you won't ever be the same