NCH Corporation Employee Reviews

Most negative management style I have ever enountered.
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TN and surround 3 state areaJune 14, 2015
I enjoyed by District and Regional Manager. They were intelligent, funny and good people. The management style of the corporation is overall negative. I was told I had a bad week everyriday afternoon unless I had blown the roof of my sales.
The President and Vice President are total jerks. I can't stand either one of them. They have no knowledge of chemistry and no morals. In their opinion, the only way to manage straight commission sales representative is to scream at them. When you write amazing amount of sales, they tell you good job. They were a very demotivating management team. I was successful for my family, for my goals.
You pay for the maintenance of your own vehicle. This costs more than you think, tires, oil changes, general maintenance and gas.You pay for customer lunches, buy birthday presents and whatever expenses you incur to run your business.
They don't care about anyone that works for them, they care only about how many Armani shirts or gold rings they own. Seriously, the President calls a friend of my who has to disconnect her husband from life support on that day and tells her to call a sales rep and talk her into staying. My friend in in her late 30's. They are cold, cold hearted.
You can selectively sell products that are safer for the environment and people, which is what I did. The corporation doesn't care about the environment, they just project the image that they do. They sell any old product the laws will permit regardless of how dangerous it is to human health or the environment. I did not sell those old products ever.
  more... They give people cancer and contribute to environmental damage with those old products and they have no conscience about it.
I was with them a long time because I had invested so much time, money into building business relationships and my territory that I couldn't afford to leave. You have to sign a non-compete contract to work for them, which means when you want to leave you have to change industries entirely. You can stay in the industry but you will have to expand your territory so you do not break the non-compete contract.
You can earn a living.
Pros
You can win award trips with much fortitude. You control your own schedule, make your own appointnments, generate your own income.
Cons
Negative management style.
No Growth Potential. Stupid Meetings.
Inside Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 23, 2015
A typical day is to attend a meaningless morning meeting and then another meaningless meeting after lunch where you are told of all of the things you're doing wrong as a team and then offered the same suggestions over and over. No real training. Management doesn't practice what they preach.Would love to see managers new account/new product count. Just basic telephone sales. Same old customers every week. If they've told you no 10 times, chances are they're not interested. There are some really talented people working here but their talents are being wasted because mid levels seem to be afraid to tell VP. I saw at least one sales rep who was a great teacher and developed solid relationships with customers but company is wasting his abilities. Great companies don't do that.
Pros
Good work/life balance
Cons
Very Low pay. Can't support a family. Division has no interest in hearing individual ideas.
Job description
Assistant Building Manger (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 17, 2013
Design, build, service and maintain building automation systems. Fire, security and building operational systems. Work with MMC Powers and Honeywell on completely automated building systems. Re-Engineered Casi-Rusco card reader access systems for multiple applications. Nine articles written “Building Operation Management” magazine on systems designed. Operate and maintain infrastructure systems including, but not limited to, cable plant and fiber entrance, power systems, HVAC, raised floor systems, automation and control systems, fire detection and suppression systems and security systems.
Power system analysis for EMI failures. Consulting engineering on power system failure prevention. Designs applied to Ford Corporation, NASA, Pepsi Corporation, and Frito Lay Manufacturing plants nationwide. System analysis for Phillips CATS scan equipment and other medical equipment for system failures and prevention.
Design and build complete manufacturing robotic systems for chemical and biological.
Opportunity and great management provided me with the honor of the first cross-trained employee at a large corporation.
Order Processing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 15, 2015
As the only employee that trained for this unique position with the company and within the largest department, I was able to build my job skills and was afforded consistent pay raises. Job efficiency was so that we rarely worked overtime and my job ratings for pay raise were consistently high. I credit this to company innovation and stream-lining, as well as great management.
Regional Account Manager and get company to work for
Regional Account Manager (Former Employee) –  south floridaMarch 5, 2015
Responsible for development of South Florida territory
Extensive tele-prospecting and cold calling for new business opportunities
Pro-active account management of existing business relationships
Developed, and executed, action plans for driving transactional and project business Provide weekly reports and updates to management on key action plans for territory Research, and understand, competitive offers available in marketplace
Opened, and maintained, over 200 accounts
Consistently surpassed monthly sales quota by 20%
No one knows what the policy is next week
Sales Louisville Danco (Former Employee) –  LouisvilleFebruary 12, 2014
Company has data processing system left over from 1970's. Management is a joke, they have no idea what is going on. Company web site is awful, company has no catalogs to give customers. Plus are job is flexible and pay is fair.

Company held my final paycheck, cannot tell me why and I am taking them to Court.
Pros
flex and benefits
Cons
no management structure
Good work environment and people
Sr. Supply Chain Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 15, 2013
This company gives you the opportunity to work on various projects and various departments of the business which can be exciting or it also offers you a regular 8-5 job if that's what you like. Co-workers mostly are good and cooperative. Management supports individual growth and development. Management shows respect for each individual at various levels.
Pros
job security, low stress
Cons
less opportunities of growth
All the miles I can run/week then be home 1.5 days
Company driver (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 3, 2013
They just don't get the fact that a driver needs to know all there is to know about each dispatch.

I treated all my drivers with respect and integrity, and no one was unhappy.

Wish it could be the same for me at NCH.
Pros
always knew every week what my head haul was.
Cons
never knew what i was hauling back to hch
My only job or so I thought.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 23, 2015
Worked for NCH for 30 years. Good and bad times, but 90% was great. I managed people and also worked a territory. Love making new friends. Worked long and hard and enjoyed the benefits of this work ethic.

In 2008 diagnosed with cancer, had to take medical retirement to beat it. Clean bill of health and back to work in 2012.
Pros
people
Interview
Sales (Former Employee) –  NevadaAugust 26, 2014
I just had a few interviews with this company they offered me a job and I almost took it. NCH is a umbrella company with PartsMasters, Certified labs, Chemsearch and so on. What my biggest draw back is you are selling the exact same products labeled under different company's. It just didn't sound right to me.
Lab Tech
Quality Control Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 19, 2015
This is a high stress, fast paced environment. The QC tech samples and tests a wide range of products and strives to keep up with the daily workload. Also assists with production scheduling, computer services and formulations projects.
Pros
Frequent free meals, flexible PTO
Cons
Long days, hazardous chemical exposurers
Exciting energetic culture of winning
Lubrication Division-Reliability Consultant (Current Employee) –  NYAugust 13, 2015
Great company to work for with excellent products and innovative leadership. Difficult industry made easier by an excellent company.
Pros
Great company to work for.
Cons
Remote employees sometimes feel like we are lost at sea.
Decent place to work but you must be self motivated.
Regional Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 28, 2015
Great products. Training is hard to come by but is very interactive when its available. Must be very self motivated and hard working due to the price points of the products. Routine problems with commission.
Great Place to work but no IT postion local
Business Analyst/Project Management (Former Employee) –  Plant City, FLOctober 1, 2014
Great job and repected by me for treating me like a professional. But in the end the job role doesn't require much advance It support.
Pros
flexable
Cons
it jobs in tampa
Great Work/Life Balance
Reliability Consultant (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 25, 2014
Typical sales company. Great products to present to clients. Make sure you fully understand your pay structure. Press to know every detail.
Pros
culture
Cons
competition with sister companies over identical products.
Run!
Employee (Former Employee) –  Irving,txOctober 9, 2013
This company is a mess! No room for advancement at all. Management is a big joke and everyone points the finger at each other for any mistakes that happen.
Pros
it's a job
Cons
overworked, stressful job
Stable Company with great products
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 2, 2014
The position is a tough position (B2B sales), but it is a great company with great products. Didn't like having to use my own vehicle with little compensation.
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
using my vehicle
Nothing extraordinary
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 8, 2015
Very less opportunities for career advancement in my department. That is the nature of the business. It's OK, but, sometimes does not push you enough.
Great Pay
Business Development (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 12, 2014
I loved the money that I was making at NCH but sometimes all good things come to an end and the company down sized.
great people and owners
Regional Sales Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 30, 2013
good income and opportunity for advancement
Training opps and commission with year end bonus makes it a good company to work