NCH Corporation Employee Reviews

Free gym onsite with excellent cafeteria
Accounts Receivable Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 24, 2017
Fast paced work environment with growth opportunities due to many divisions under NCH umbrella. I learned to resolve customer disputes and cash forecasting. Workplace culture is diverse and company is growing.
good benefits and family orienated
Payroll Analyst (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 23, 2016
It is a busy office which all the employees are team oriented. Management is very helpful and involved when there is a critical issue.
Family oriented, caring company
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 8, 2016
I spent 10 years working for nch corporation and it was fantastic. I could have spent the rest of my time with this company. Unfortunately i was in a division that dried up and couldnt relocate. Overall a great place to work.
Decent place to work
Senior Server Engineer (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 2, 2016
Somewhat disorganized but a great environment. Many people have been the for well over a decade. The only negative things that I could say is again, a little disorganized and the building is really looking pretty dated. I contracted there and I was treated very well and just like one of the team.
Pros
Onsite cafeteria. Excellent employee treatment
Cons
The building is pretty dated. Akin to 1970s. Lol but its functional
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 14, 2016
Good place to work been there for a while. Management is good and location is good. A lot of people have been there for 20+ years
Stimulating
FP&A Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 7, 2016
Co- workers were fantastic. Eight divisions with separate presidents can create challenges. Small executive team. Little opportunities for promotion.
Fortune 500 Company
Special Projects Manager - PlumbMaster Div (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 19, 2016
Very large wholesale and retail distribution company, manufacturer of chemical products for both industrial and retail use. Great company, primarily owned by one family.
Pros
Large
Cons
Large
Very productive work place
QC/QA Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 19, 2016
NCH is a great place to work, We manufactured product, filled it into containers and packaged it .We worked as a team so it made the jobs enjoyable and easier.
Pros
Great co-workers
Nothing extraordinary
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 8, 2015
Very less opportunities for career advancement in my department. That is the nature of the business. It's OK, but, sometimes does not push you enough.
Lab Tech
Quality Control Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 19, 2015
This is a high stress, fast paced environment. The QC tech samples and tests a wide range of products and strives to keep up with the daily workload. Also assists with production scheduling, computer services and formulations projects.
Pros
Frequent free meals, flexible PTO
Cons
Long days, hazardous chemical exposurers

Want to know more about NCH Corporation?

Ask a question
Family owned company -low compensation for postion-good place to learn
Telecommunications Administrator / Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 26, 2015
It is a good place to learn and grow your experience in whatever field you work in. However upper and middle management turn a blind eye to departmental management quite often.

You won't survive unless you fit into a clique of some sort at the corporate HQ as there is a LOT of political back stabbing that occurs depending on departments you are associated with.

HR has some very ethical and some extremely non-ethical individuals in it. Proceed cautiously.

If you are new in your career it can be a great place to use as a stepping stone to grow further if you watch for the pitfalls in the rumor mills that run rampant at this company.
Pros
Learning is encouraged and good environment to learn
Cons
Very political and rumor oriented user community and management
Exciting energetic culture of winning
Lubrication Division-Reliability Consultant (Current Employee) –  NYAugust 13, 2015
Great company to work for with excellent products and innovative leadership. Difficult industry made easier by an excellent company.
Pros
Great company to work for.
Cons
Remote employees sometimes feel like we are lost at sea.
Scope for improvement
Senior Technology Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 5, 2015
Scope for improvement in Technology and operations. Some bright spots present in IT, however bit backwards in overall approach and leadership.
Most negative management style I have ever enountered.
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TN and surround 3 state areaJune 14, 2015
I enjoyed by District and Regional Manager. They were intelligent, funny and good people. The management style of the corporation is overall negative. I was told I had a bad week everyriday afternoon unless I had blown the roof of my sales.
The President and Vice President are total jerks. I can't stand either one of them. They have no knowledge of chemistry and no morals. In their opinion, the only way to manage straight commission sales representative is to scream at them. When you write amazing amount of sales, they tell you good job. They were a very demotivating management team. I was successful for my family, for my goals.
You pay for the maintenance of your own vehicle. This costs more than you think, tires, oil changes, general maintenance and gas.You pay for customer lunches, buy birthday presents and whatever expenses you incur to run your business.
They don't care about anyone that works for them, they care only about how many Armani shirts or gold rings they own. Seriously, the President calls a friend of my who has to disconnect her husband from life support on that day and tells her to call a sales rep and talk her into staying. My friend in in her late 30's. They are cold, cold hearted.
You can selectively sell products that are safer for the environment and people, which is what I did. The corporation doesn't care about the environment, they just project the image that they do. They sell any old product the laws will permit regardless of how dangerous it is to human health or the environment. I did not sell those old products ever.
  more... They give people cancer and contribute to environmental damage with those old products and they have no conscience about it.
I was with them a long time because I had invested so much time, money into building business relationships and my territory that I couldn't afford to leave. You have to sign a non-compete contract to work for them, which means when you want to leave you have to change industries entirely. You can stay in the industry but you will have to expand your territory so you do not break the non-compete contract.
You can earn a living.
Pros
You can win award trips with much fortitude. You control your own schedule, make your own appointnments, generate your own income.
Cons
Negative management style.
Decent place to work but you must be self motivated.
Regional Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMay 28, 2015
Great products. Training is hard to come by but is very interactive when its available. Must be very self motivated and hard working due to the price points of the products. Routine problems with commission.
No Growth Potential. Stupid Meetings.
Inside Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 23, 2015
A typical day is to attend a meaningless morning meeting and then another meaningless meeting after lunch where you are told of all of the things you're doing wrong as a team and then offered the same suggestions over and over. No real training. Management doesn't practice what they preach.Would love to see managers new account/new product count. Just basic telephone sales. Same old customers every week. If they've told you no 10 times, chances are they're not interested. There are some really talented people working here but their talents are being wasted because mid levels seem to be afraid to tell VP. I saw at least one sales rep who was a great teacher and developed solid relationships with customers but company is wasting his abilities. Great companies don't do that.
Pros
Good work/life balance
Cons
Very Low pay. Can't support a family. Division has no interest in hearing individual ideas.
Opportunity and great management provided me with the honor of the first cross-trained employee at a large corporation.
Order Processing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 15, 2015
As the only employee that trained for this unique position with the company and within the largest department, I was able to build my job skills and was afforded consistent pay raises. Job efficiency was so that we rarely worked overtime and my job ratings for pay raise were consistently high. I credit this to company innovation and stream-lining, as well as great management.
Regional Account Manager and get company to work for
Regional Account Manager (Former Employee) –  south floridaMarch 5, 2015
Responsible for development of South Florida territory
Extensive tele-prospecting and cold calling for new business opportunities
Pro-active account management of existing business relationships
Developed, and executed, action plans for driving transactional and project business Provide weekly reports and updates to management on key action plans for territory Research, and understand, competitive offers available in marketplace
Opened, and maintained, over 200 accounts
Consistently surpassed monthly sales quota by 20%
It was a learning oppurtunity experience
mixer (Former Employee) –  2500 carl road irving txMarch 3, 2015
I enjoyed the work was able to converse with coworkers very well the hardest part of the job was leaving there and I enjoyed that they gave the opportunity to learn I had a fantastic time there the best yrs of my life
My only job or so I thought.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 23, 2015
Worked for NCH for 30 years. Good and bad times, but 90% was great. I managed people and also worked a territory. Love making new friends. Worked long and hard and enjoyed the benefits of this work ethic.

In 2008 diagnosed with cancer, had to take medical retirement to beat it. Clean bill of health and back to work in 2012.
Pros
People
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NCH Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

78%