NCH Healthcare System Employee Reviews

cut throat company that does not care about their employees
Lead Radiology System Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLJanuary 17, 2018
this company does not really care about their employees. they work you to death and that is all they care about. they care about carrying their mission and they don't care what means they have to take to reach them. I would NEVER work for this company again. EVER.
Do not work here
Wellness Specialist (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLJanuary 5, 2018
The culture and management of this company are enough to keep you away. Every day was filled with stress and fear. I would not recommend this place to anyone looking to advance or maintain their sanity.
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
Bad policies, Horrible management, Not much advancement/pay raise, They take your PTO on Holidays (even if you are off)
Switchboard
Communications Operator receptionist (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLAugust 18, 2017
Horrible place to work. Certain people in the department could do whatever they wanted, even threaten people and get away with it. To much buddy hiring. It was fast paced and I liked that part, but the people where so mean and could get away with it. They all stuck together. If you knew what they were doing was wrong, and called them out on it, you were ostracized. I finally had to quit. HR did not care and would not fire anyone.
a very good environment and great company
Fixed Assets and projects Accountant (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLJune 28, 2017
Very professional and great environment. only salaries are very low this company offers great benefits to their employees. their communications to employees is a plus.
Awesome people to work with, fun and friendly environment
Transporter (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLJune 24, 2017
I deal with a lot of patients each day, my favorite part of my job is that there is something new each day, new cases, new people, its always rotating! I have learned a lot of medical terminology and i am working with different nurses and techs each day, i always find out a new strategy and how to cope and handle with different things, whether it is emotionally or physically!
Pros
Different people to see each day
Cons
Two years ago was good..NOW Horrible
Clinical Technician (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLApril 30, 2017
If you like being treated as a number rather than part of a team...this is the place for you! I was hired by my manager nearly a year ago and have not seen her in a year.
Pros
Cons
being floated everytwhere with no extra pay or training
Excellent company.
Manager of Systems and Programming (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLApril 17, 2017
All I need to say about NCH was that it was one of the finest places I have the opportunity to work.

Excellent work environment.
The training is IT was always current and available.

Management always listened and would act if ideas presented had value.

I left only because of corporate downsizing.
Great people i work with
National Register Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLFebruary 25, 2017
great co-workers I work with and learned a lot about cardiology since being here in Florida and NCH. The job is very high paced and could have long days in season
nutrition
Nutrition Assistant (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLJanuary 20, 2017
I enjoyed helping everyone open there food and get sat up where they were comfortable. I got to meet new people all the time with this job amd i loved it
Get ready to pay the paradise tax!!
RN (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLJanuary 16, 2017
As an RN consider a career somewhere else. Poor management and poor compensation at NCH leads to low morale and very high RN turnover. Be ready top float to departments you have not been trained for.
Pros
Live where it's warm
Cons
Little pay in an expensive part of Florida
So so company
Clinical Technical Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLOctober 8, 2016
This company was OK, it's bureaucratic and management can be difficult. Always looking for the cheapest way to do things.
Physician's Group Review
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLOctober 3, 2016
You have too many hours during season and not enough during summer months, They send you home and if you have no PTO left, then you do not get paid, If the doctor is not in the office then staff gets sent home, The providers also work for NCH, but because they are the ones bringing in the money they get special treatment, Management does not follow through on their responsibilities,
Pay is not in line with private practices, but a lot of benenfits available and able to get bonus occasionally.
Pros
a lot of benefits, patients/people are nice, interesting
Cons
not a balance of hours throughout the years, some upper management have big egos and should not be in their positions.
worked front desk at whitaker wellness center
Administrative Assistant wellness center (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLSeptember 20, 2016
My coworkers were nice, but direct supervisor horrible. I tried to get out of there and transfer, was denied because I hadn't been there 6 months, I guess they want you to be somewhere where you aren't happy instead of employee retention.

I tried talking to hr and they were no help, even went to the top, still no help.

Benefits good, but other than that they don't work with you at all.

My advice, go elsewhere, they don't pay well and don't work with you on any problems, run, run and don't look back. A typical day doing the front desk, boring you can't read anything, do anything except stare at walls all day.
Pros
some really nice members
Cons
direct manager and boring job.
short staffed
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLSeptember 1, 2016
While caring for others for many years in many different local facilities,,, the bigger companies , make it harder, but short staffing to save pennies,,, BOTH of out local hospitals and nursing homes do this... I more a patient care advocate.
To much Bureaucracy
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  BRIGGS OUTPATIENT REHABJuly 26, 2016
I have worked for NCH two times now thinking I could give then a second chance but boy was I wrong. Benefits were ok but every year we got less and less and had to pay more out of pocket. A lot of favoritism in my location , very bureaucratic. The attendance policy is very very articles and difficult if you have children and need time off because they are sick! I liked most of my co workers and made lasting friendships. But there is no room in today's healthcare for a Bureaucracy! It needs to be about the patient's first employees who delivery the care not about rules,regulations and management! Also the pay is a joke. The only reason I went back to NCH is because I really enjoyed the position I was hired for, which slowly was taken away. I only recommend this employer if you are a new grad and need good experience for a year or two. You will get that but after that move on!
Benefits
Cons
Salary, management
Extraordinary co-workers - great teamwork
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLJuly 13, 2016
Extraordinary co-workers - great teamwork
Room for advancement
The hardest part of the job was dealing with traumatically ill individuals
The most enjoyable was working with management, anciliary personnel, physicians and the public - no two days were ever the same!
Environmental Services Aide (Current Employee) –  Naples FloridaJune 14, 2016
Every day I get to work on time, with a smile on my face.
I truly enjoy my work,try to make every patient happy
and have a pleasant day.
Yes not every patient or family members is happy to be alive, but I will always respect and be please
to work at NCH Downtown Campus.
We are here to save lifes,and do the best for every one.

Don't forget that NCH
This is my Hospital
Pros
Great Company, Nurses, techs, and all workers at NCH
Cons
Not Cons: If you don't like the fire? Get out of the kitchen
No communication, Not about the Patient or Employee
Allied Health (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLJune 3, 2016
Too much placed on productivity rather than good professional service. No one to discuss your concerns with. No time for lunch, no time for paperwork, no time to just catch your breath. Get the patients in and out at any cost. Very sad situation indeed. I tried to make it work been there since 2009. But I felt like a factory worker.
Pros
Initially many nice co workers
Cons
Good people have left
Award Winning Hospital
Education Systems Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLFebruary 10, 2016
This is a great place to work. The people are friendly and the facility is well equipped. Upper management is always open to feedback from the employees. There are many fun events that take place at the hospital and you can tell they care about your health.
Pros
Good pay, fun events, good cafeteria, nice staff
Cons
They might not let you transfer internally if they want you to stay put
Will take everything you can give--then ask for more
Salaried Professional (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLDecember 31, 2015
If you would like to work for a company at that has ZERO work/life balance, then NCH is for you. Management has a 1980's mind set. You work until you drop. Before you accept a job, ask about their vacation policy. It's a joke. They also do not provide you with any sick time. Stay away from this employer.
Pros
Cons
No work/life balance, horrible vacation accruals and no sick time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NCH Healthcare System. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8