NCH Healthcare System Employee Reviews

Will take everything you can give--then ask for more
Salaried Professional (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLDecember 31, 2015
If you would like to work for a company at that has ZERO work/life balance, then NCH is for you. Management has a 1980's mind set. You work until you drop. Before you accept a job, ask about their vacation policy. It's a joke. They also do not provide you with any sick time. Stay away from this employer.
Pros
Cons
No work/life balance, horrible vacation accruals and no sick time
Bottom line is not patient care
rad tech (Former Employee) –  north and downtownDecember 4, 2015
Radiology department very poorly supervised. Employees understaffed. Treated with disrespect. Director cuts employees to keep budget low in order to get a bonus check. No support for the employees at all. Best group of technologists I have ever worked with.
Pros
There are none
Cons
too many to list
Good place to work, a little strict on some of the policies for non clinical employees.
CONTRACT COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLDecember 1, 2015
I enjoyed my time at NCH Healthcare System. The work was interesting and I found something new and challenging every day.
Pros
Close Knit work enviroment
Cons
Offices spread over 3 campus.
fascinating position, like traffic control
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLNovember 24, 2015
Would have continued working there, but the atmosphere became very depressing, lots of drama, etc. Bullying took place, no room to advance within the Hospital
I take my pride in my work with others. No matter what type of service I deliver, every individual is important and needs to be treated with respect.
Medical Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLOctober 3, 2015
A typical day starts with a review of people to see and tasks on the agenda. Then priorities need to be set for those who need to be seen by Noon and the required discharged patients for day. I have learned over the years that deadlines need to be met every day, but all individuals have their own expectations and they may not match mine. Patience and persistence are usually a required balancing act though out each new challenge.
Management that is clear on expectations and respectful is usually best. Being a well liked co-worker requires listening skills and humble cooperation. The most enjoyable part of the day is overcoming a challenge and having an acceptable outcome to everyone involved.
Pros
Well organized leadership, caring concerned people
Cons
Working with unreliable individuals or being severely understaffed
productive
EVS Supervisor (Former Employee) –  naples ,flAugust 17, 2015
this hospital needs to support the workers,the said diversity is important for then.....the sure implement thisnot only said
Pros
free flu shot
Cons
bad hhr
Looking for Advancement as CSR in the Medical Care System
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLJune 28, 2015
Greet Patient making them feel welcome. Seeing that they properly fill out the necessary forms needed to be seen by the physician, Due to HIPPA all information obtained from patient is and remains confidential.

Record for Hospital records all pertinent information about patient, emergency contact and Insurance for proper billing.

Making the Patient and their family feel safe and cared for in our environment,
Pros
Satisfaction in helping people
Cons
when we are busy we are busy an when we are not can get boaring
Work and a day
Medical Assistant/Front Office/Back Office (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLDecember 27, 2014
I enjoy my job. I enjoy helping people. That's the reason why I got into this field. Management ruined that for me. But its ok. I will pick myself up and fight to get back on my feet and not LET that cloud my judgment as to why I got into this field for in the first place. The Patients
Cons
management sucks of the physicians group
Excellent Learning Space
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLDecember 11, 2014
I did my clinicals at this hospital and it was an excellent learning space. The nurses took there time with you each day you were there with them to make sure you learned and got the best experience possible.
Glad Im out of there
RN (Former Employee) –  naplesOctober 29, 2014
take more and more from us (benefits, pto, pay, float pay) and expect us to do more and more. do 99 things right and called and written up for one thing wrong. some staff nice, but alot of snakes around. You run like a chicken with your head cut off. They expect us to be super heros and and do the impossible, clock out late to many times, no raise. too many patients fall, no raise. Any excuse.. to take from us. Take from the workers, so management can make more. All they care about is that they LOOK good, awards, certificates, ect... Do not care about the staff who is overworked and underpaid, stressed and unhappy.
Pros
flexible scheduling
Cons
poor management
Nice coworkers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLOctober 7, 2014
A place to work that is just abother paycheck. Management is very unproffesional. Talking behind employees backs and not very nice. Doctors are ok but are just interested in the numbers and not quality patient care.
Pros
good hours
Cons
short breaks working off the clock
fun fair
RN ICU (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLSeptember 14, 2014
ICU nurse at NCH great place to work. Full of latest tech. Fair salaries, great benefits, good medical staff.
Great Learning Environment for coders and billers
Medical Coding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLSeptember 12, 2014
Typical day in NCH Physician Group billing office starts with Good Morning greetings from almost all of your coworker
NCH Physician's group was a lovely stepping stone in my career while in my transitional move to Florida.
Staff and Management were very informative and were ready to assist however they could so that the billing department as a team could move forward.
An interesting place to work.
Bed Utilization Specialist / Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLAugust 13, 2014
Good co-workers for the most part. Management is a little out of touch. Benefits are OK but many have been eliminated or reduced over the past 5-6 years.
Pros
good steady work.
Cons
poorly managed at times.
productive workplace
Patient Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLJuly 1, 2014
stressful but enjoyable. The other employees in the ER were great especially overnight.
I worked with a wonderful group of professionals
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLJune 16, 2014
I liked that this job was full-time, close to my home, had great benefits, and allowed me to work with a patient population that I really enjoyed.

I would have liked to have continued working with the patient population I had at another outpatient center, but that was not an option per management when they had to cut the program at my office.
Pros
professional, mature therapists and staff in office
Cons
disappointed in outcome
basic job
Returns Clerk (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 7, 2014
starting time 8am and go home time 4:30pm - I worked in almost all depts. learned to know the products and what prods are pkged in. the hardest part of the job was not knowing what the next line of prod's would be. I liked my job due to the fact the company let me do my job with out my boss looking over me 100% of the time.
Pros
n/a
Cons
2breaks and lunch
Challenging yet fulfilling position
Director's Assoc./ Institutional Review Board Mgr. (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLMarch 4, 2014
My typical day at work encompassed many responsibilities.
Each day I followed a general schedule to complete daily tasks such as scheduling, payroll and invoices.
Various other tasks were completed each day such as handling Human Resource issues,manual billing.
My position required me to be the "Go-To" person.

I learned many interesting skills. My largest accomplishment was obtaining my Certified Institutional Review Board Manager certification. I became knowledgeable in FDA regulations regarding clinical studies.

I worked closely with the management team offering support to them on a daily basis.

The hardest part of my job was being able to multi task. I actually became quite proficient in doing so. It was a challenge but one that I enjoyed.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the interaction that I had with the staff. The pharmacy department consisted of 85 employees. I thoroughly enjoyed being part of a wonderful group of people.
Pros
paid holidays, monday-friday work days, job fulfillment
Cons
i truly can say that there were not any cons.
Overall I would definitely recommend NCH to those looking for employment.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Naples, Fl.December 10, 2013
I have been with NCH for a little over two years. I starting off as a graduate nurse in a nurse residency program and have been able to grow into a confident, competent nurse in an encouraging environment. I now work as a charge nurse on the same Medical/Surgical/Telemetry Unit that I started on over two years ago and I truly enjoy it. We work twelve hour shifts and our staffing ratio's on nights are usually 1:5.5. I work with great people and have a supportive manager.
Management out-of-touch
Finance (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLDecember 6, 2013
Management is not connected to the core employee base in any way, shape or form. Lots of positions have been outsourced (common in healthcare these days) but NCH pretends it isn't happening when it is. Many good employees have realized this is a poor healthcare system and are leaving for the better ones in the area. There are a lot of good people still there - they just live in fear of their jobs day-to-day.

Another real issue is that there are a lot of unskilled workers there that have had jobs for a long time. They do not contribute anything but keep their positions due to friendships and family.
Cons
management, competition is better