NCH Healthcare System Employee Reviews

Great people i work with
National Register Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLFebruary 25, 2017
great co-workers I work with and learned a lot about cardiology since being here in Florida and NCH. The job is very high paced and could have long days in season
Get ready to pay the paradise tax!!
RN (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLJanuary 16, 2017
As an RN consider a career somewhere else. Poor management and poor compensation at NCH leads to low morale and very high RN turnover. Be ready top float to departments you have not been trained for.
Pros
Live where it's warm
Cons
Little pay in an expensive part of Florida
So so company
Clinical Technical Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLOctober 8, 2016
This company was OK, it's bureaucratic and management can be difficult. Always looking for the cheapest way to do things.
Physician's Group Review
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLOctober 3, 2016
You have too many hours during season and not enough during summer months, They send you home and if you have no PTO left, then you do not get paid, If the doctor is not in the office then staff gets sent home, The providers also work for NCH, but because they are the ones bringing in the money they get special treatment, Management does not follow through on their responsibilities,
Pay is not in line with private practices, but a lot of benenfits available and able to get bonus occasionally.
Pros
a lot of benefits, patients/people are nice, interesting
Cons
not a balance of hours throughout the years, some upper management have big egos and should not be in their positions.
worked front desk at whitaker wellness center
Administrative Assistant wellness center (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLSeptember 20, 2016
My coworkers were nice, but direct supervisor horrible. I tried to get out of there and transfer, was denied because I hadn't been there 6 months, I guess they want you to be somewhere where you aren't happy instead of employee retention.

I tried talking to hr and they were no help, even went to the top, still no help.

Benefits good, but other than that they don't work with you at all.

My advice, go elsewhere, they don't pay well and don't work with you on any problems, run, run and don't look back. A typical day doing the front desk, boring you can't read anything, do anything except stare at walls all day.
Pros
some really nice members
Cons
direct manager and boring job.
short staffed
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLSeptember 1, 2016
While caring for others for many years in many different local facilities,,, the bigger companies , make it harder, but short staffing to save pennies,,, BOTH of out local hospitals and nursing homes do this... I more a patient care advocate.
To much Bureaucracy
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  BRIGGS OUTPATIENT REHABJuly 26, 2016
I have worked for NCH two times now thinking I could give then a second chance but boy was I wrong. Benefits were ok but every year we got less and less and had to pay more out of pocket. A lot of favoritism in my location , very bureaucratic. The attendance policy is very very articles and difficult if you have children and need time off because they are sick! I liked most of my co workers and made lasting friendships. But there is no room in today's healthcare for a Bureaucracy! It needs to be about the patient's first employees who delivery the care not about rules,regulations and management! Also the pay is a joke. The only reason I went back to NCH is because I really enjoyed the position I was hired for, which slowly was taken away. I only recommend this employer if you are a new grad and need good experience for a year or two. You will get that but after that move on!
Benefits
Cons
Salary, management
Extraordinary co-workers - great teamwork
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLJuly 13, 2016
Extraordinary co-workers - great teamwork
Room for advancement
The hardest part of the job was dealing with traumatically ill individuals
The most enjoyable was working with management, anciliary personnel, physicians and the public - no two days were ever the same!
Environmental Services Aide (Current Employee) –  Naples FloridaJune 14, 2016
Every day I get to work on time, with a smile on my face.
I truly enjoy my work,try to make every patient happy
and have a pleasant day.
Yes not every patient or family members is happy to be alive, but I will always respect and be please
to work at NCH Downtown Campus.
We are here to save lifes,and do the best for every one.

Don't forget that NCH
This is my Hospital
Pros
Great Company, Nurses, techs, and all workers at NCH
Cons
Not Cons: If you don't like the fire? Get out of the kitchen
No communication, Not about the Patient or Employee
Allied Health (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLJune 3, 2016
Too much placed on productivity rather than good professional service. No one to discuss your concerns with. No time for lunch, no time for paperwork, no time to just catch your breath. Get the patients in and out at any cost. Very sad situation indeed. I tried to make it work been there since 2009. But I felt like a factory worker.
Pros
Initially many nice co workers
Cons
Good people have left
Award Winning Hospital
Education Systems Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLFebruary 10, 2016
This is a great place to work. The people are friendly and the facility is well equipped. Upper management is always open to feedback from the employees. There are many fun events that take place at the hospital and you can tell they care about your health.
Pros
Good pay, fun events, good cafeteria, nice staff
Cons
They might not let you transfer internally if they want you to stay put
Will take everything you can give--then ask for more
Salaried Professional (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLDecember 31, 2015
If you would like to work for a company at that has ZERO work/life balance, then NCH is for you. Management has a 1980's mind set. You work until you drop. Before you accept a job, ask about their vacation policy. It's a joke. They also do not provide you with any sick time. Stay away from this employer.
Pros
Cons
No work/life balance, horrible vacation accruals and no sick time
Bottom line is not patient care
rad tech (Former Employee) –  north and downtownDecember 4, 2015
Radiology department very poorly supervised. Employees understaffed. Treated with disrespect. Director cuts employees to keep budget low in order to get a bonus check. No support for the employees at all. Best group of technologists I have ever worked with.
Pros
There are none
Cons
too many to list
Good place to work, a little strict on some of the policies for non clinical employees.
CONTRACT COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLDecember 1, 2015
I enjoyed my time at NCH Healthcare System. The work was interesting and I found something new and challenging every day.
Pros
Close Knit work enviroment
Cons
Offices spread over 3 campus.
fascinating position, like traffic control
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLNovember 24, 2015
Would have continued working there, but the atmosphere became very depressing, lots of drama, etc. Bullying took place, no room to advance within the Hospital
I take my pride in my work with others. No matter what type of service I deliver, every individual is important and needs to be treated with respect.
Medical Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLOctober 3, 2015
A typical day starts with a review of people to see and tasks on the agenda. Then priorities need to be set for those who need to be seen by Noon and the required discharged patients for day. I have learned over the years that deadlines need to be met every day, but all individuals have their own expectations and they may not match mine. Patience and persistence are usually a required balancing act though out each new challenge.
Management that is clear on expectations and respectful is usually best. Being a well liked co-worker requires listening skills and humble cooperation. The most enjoyable part of the day is overcoming a challenge and having an acceptable outcome to everyone involved.
Pros
Well organized leadership, caring concerned people
Cons
Working with unreliable individuals or being severely understaffed
productive
EVS Supervisor (Former Employee) –  naples ,flAugust 17, 2015
this hospital needs to support the workers,the said diversity is important for then.....the sure implement thisnot only said
Pros
free flu shot
Cons
bad hhr
Looking for Advancement as CSR in the Medical Care System
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLJune 28, 2015
Greet Patient making them feel welcome. Seeing that they properly fill out the necessary forms needed to be seen by the physician, Due to HIPPA all information obtained from patient is and remains confidential.

Record for Hospital records all pertinent information about patient, emergency contact and Insurance for proper billing.

Making the Patient and their family feel safe and cared for in our environment,
Pros
Satisfaction in helping people
Cons
when we are busy we are busy an when we are not can get boaring
Work and a day
Medical Assistant/Front Office/Back Office (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLDecember 27, 2014
I enjoy my job. I enjoy helping people. That's the reason why I got into this field. Management ruined that for me. But its ok. I will pick myself up and fight to get back on my feet and not LET that cloud my judgment as to why I got into this field for in the first place. The Patients
Pros
NONE
Cons
MANAGEMENt sucks OF THE PHYSICIANS GROUP
Excellent Learning Space
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLDecember 11, 2014
I did my clinicals at this hospital and it was an excellent learning space. The nurses took there time with you each day you were there with them to make sure you learned and got the best experience possible.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NCH Healthcare System. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9