NCI Information Systems, Inc. Employee Reviews

I learned a lot of valuable knowledge
System Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fort Lewis, WADecember 9, 2017
Unfortunately lots of competition between the contractors and GD employees. They didn't want to give us access to do our jobs even though we had completed security clearances. Relegated the contractors to menial jobs that wasted our skills and wouldn't allow us on projects. Shift difference to reset the servers was hard cause the normal daytime shift didn't change.
Pros
Learned skills necessary to be a system administrator
Cons
Cut-throat environmant
Affords a good balance between work and family life
Supervisor, National Grid (Current Employee) –  Endicott, NYDecember 6, 2017
If you're looking to work for a company that truly depicts the definition of teamwork with a diverse workforce, NCI is a great choice. They strive to provide a positive work environment that focuses not only on delivering excellent customer service but also on developing the skills of their agents to ensure future successes. NCI understands the importance of balancing work and family life and therefore, offers a great deal of flexibility with work schedules.
Pros
Numerous performance incentives, flexible schedules, paid time off, 401K with employer match, health insurance
Cons
Low salary
High paced work place
Mig Welder (Former Employee) –  Monticello, IADecember 4, 2017
Alot of overtime with good compensation, but very little family time due to the hrs and overtime daily including working saturdays. Godd place to work overall
company is no longer in business
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vestal, NYNovember 26, 2017
customer service job allowed flexible hours with no overtime. However the business closed its doors and all employees were terminated and given unemployment job search benefits/assistance.
Nci
Senior Network Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Hunter Army Airfield, GANovember 21, 2017
Nci is a great company to work for and provides good benefits and a great working environment. The only reason for wanting to leave, is that I believe that I am more than ready to be a network manager, or in a supervisory position.
HORRIBLE culture and management
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 14, 2017
This place is terrible avoid it if you aren't desperate. They change their policies constantly to suit them. They refuse to provide any of them in writing and go out of their way to not pay bonuses.
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
micro management, poor business practices, etc.
Very laid back job
Occupational Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHOctober 12, 2017
I would recommend this job for a working mother or father who has children, currently enrolled in school, and someone who can work independently. This is a very laid back job with a lot of down time for a 10 hr work day.
Pros
Very relaxed and no stresss
Cons
Salary and no benefits
excelent
Estimator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 10, 2017
Nci pre-engineering metal building is a great company to work.
The environment you breath is very nice every one is there for help each other.
Yes I will go back to work with them in the future.
Good work environment
RN (Industrial Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Rockport, INOctober 3, 2017
I love industrial nursing. Everyone is very nice, patient load is manageable. Terrible benefits and very low pay. Lots of weekends and holidays worked.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Low pay/little to no benefits
extremely demanding work environment with punishing hours.
Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  Rome, NYSeptember 16, 2017
NCI Building systems was a fast paced deadline driven operation. Often, expectations were unrealistic and relied on best case scenarios which were rare, which created an environment of dread and foreboding for the management staff. The Rome facility ran two shifts which during seasonal peak demand (April-November) were 12 hour shifts. We also worked most Saturdays. This had the effect of a cumulative fatigue which became acute during the latter portion of the season.
Pros
the plant manager compensation was excellent.
Cons
inevitable exhaustion and burnout.
Productive place to work
Oracle DBA (Former Employee) –  Fairview Heights, ILSeptember 14, 2017
A typical day involved supporting multiple Oracle databases on Sun servers using COTS products and monitoring Share Plex replication for remote databases.
Pros
Able to leave for lunch
contracting firm
Research Psychologist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 13, 2017
My supervisor was terrific and responded to my concerns immediately. NCI mostly handles IT type jobs. This is a contracting firm so everything depends on the client.
Pros
generous compensation
Cons
temporary
Not a terrible place to work.
Service Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCAugust 10, 2017
During the time at NCI i would say the job was alright. It was not anything to write home about. It was pretty slow paced and it was super relaxed. The only thing I would say that it work is beyond boring. Not too many other complaints.
Great Company to work with
Senior IT Solutions Architect/ANGRC (Former Employee) –  Andrews AFB, MDAugust 3, 2017
I really enjoyed working with this company. They have a culture that does not interfere with your personal life and I have remained friends with everyone including managers that I had worked with.
Great opportunity for career growth
Medical Records Case Review Specialist (Former Employee) –  Henrico County, VAJuly 12, 2017
I feel as though this is a great place to work. You have plenty of opportunity for career advancement and growth. At times the management does not have direction but it is a learning and growing process.
If home time is what you need
Lead traveling technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 11, 2017
Not much home time with this company only 40 hours a week when out of town NEVER ANY OVERTIME. PM not much involved with techs all problems are from the tech side not the office but you will get your check on time every week never had a problem with that
Pros
Paid on time every time
Cons
not home very much always on the road
Unorganized...
Lead Claims Review Analyst (Former Employee) –  OhioJuly 6, 2017
Management is in a constant state of change. Rules changes daily, and directions are not consistent from one person to the next. Co-workers were amazing and extremely helpful.
Pros
Wonderful co-workers
Cons
Everything else
Very good work life balance
Project Manager III (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCJune 21, 2017
We felt every ripple in the government on this contract. Being tied to the DoD provided great learning opportunities but left you feeling under appreciated in the end.
Interesting TVA worksite Job
Job Site RN (Former Employee) –  Wintersville, OHJune 10, 2017
Fantastic, work place. All that worked there had hard work, and all worked as a team. Couldn't have asked for a better group of people to work with. Management was always fair and wanting you to succeed in your job. Cannot say a negative thing about them.
Not positive
Computing support Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Lewis, WAMay 25, 2017
Not positive. A bad company to work for. Very stressful for the amount of money being paid. Hard work was not rewarded. Always under the microscope for proformance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NCI Information Systems, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.