NCI Information Systems Employee Reviews

Not positive
Computing support Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Lewis, WAMay 25, 2017
Not positive. A bad company to work for. Very stressful for the amount of money being paid. Hard work was not rewarded. Always under the microscope for proformance
Exceptional
Systems Engineer Senior IV (Current Employee) –  Fort Huachuca, AZMay 17, 2017
Greta place to be employed. The management is very intent on making sure that all employees are well taken care in all aspects of their existence with the company..
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Very friendly work enviornment
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Vestal, NYMay 2, 2017
It was a pleasant place to work with very easy-going management. Everyone throughout the building got along very well and people were always willing to help one another. I felt I was capable of more responsibility than they were willing to give me.
Government Contractor
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAApril 27, 2017
Issued OCIE to Soldiers before they were being deployed to Theater, Great job with incredible people to work with, from all of the other contractors to the Military Personnel! Thank you all for your service and the opportunity to serve you!
Pros
Travel, pay, and benefits
Cons
Long days and hours at times
Great starting point for those who are starting in the IT industry
Systems Administration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Andrews AFB, MDApril 22, 2017
I thought that the culture was great in that you are allowed plenty of flexibility to go take care of personal business. My leadership are simply outstanding and took that extra mile to set me up on the path to success. However, you have to have the discipline to work without that much supervision and are expected to act professional. The old saying that work hard, play hard is definitely in effect here. If you are a slacker, don't apply here because you'll be removed immediately once the leadership finds out. Loved it for the opportunities this company gave me!
Pros
allowed freedom to take care of personal business; friendly people to work for
Cons
None yet
fun place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTITIVE (Former Employee) –  Vestal, NYApril 1, 2017
the people made this a fun place to work
the hardest part of this job was when people would yell at us for them not doing what they were supposed to do for themselves
Nice Work Place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vestal, NYMarch 30, 2017
NCI was a good place to work. The benefits and the pay was ok and the people that I worked with were great. I loved training other people and finding new challenges every day.
Pros
Great training
Cons
Management was very unprofessional
Typical call center.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Endicott, NYMarch 22, 2017
Its a call center so you have the typical concerns about hygiene of coworkers because of the close proximity. The management was pretty good once they fired the lazy and/or rude managers. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to know when I would be getting home for the most part. Sometimes you would get stuck on a call at the end of your shift, but other than that it wasn't too bad. There were a few customers who were rude and would yell/scream at you, but once I moved from collections to connects/disconnects it was much better!
Pros
Two small breaks and a lunch break
Cons
Low pay rate, no real advancement opportunity
Great job
Logistics Net Trainer (Former Employee) –  Prince George, VAMarch 12, 2017
Great places to work. Everyone was retired military. If you like to travel this job is for you. I have traveled the world meet new friends and old ones.
Good company to work for
Network/Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Hunter Army Airfield, GAMarch 8, 2017
Depending on the location your workday could be pretty busy or like most days you're waiting for a call to go out and fix something. Management is pretty laxed about allowing you to study for career progression and the company even reimburses you for certifications earned while employed. Given they are directly related to your job and only when you pass. Management is also pretty good at getting things done when requested. Hardest part about the job is staying awake when there's no calls. Other than that it's a really cool company to work for.
Pros
Company vehicle (only used around work location), alot of spare time, career progression
Cons
Medical and dental benefits are high
Fun
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAJanuary 17, 2017
Responsible for: provisioning telecom equipment for employees; installation and maintenance of network connections, servers, routers, switches and circuits; communicating with and maintaining business relations with vendors; provide technical support to users and vendors; compilation of records and reports.Fun place to work :)
Love it!!
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Vestal, NYJanuary 15, 2017
Best job every with great incentives and many possible ways to earn extra money!! I loved the fact that I had my own booth the calls came in and the training is so great you'd think there's no way to learn the stuff but 2 week training is perfect.
Great group of people to work with.
Telecommunications Technician II (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCDecember 20, 2016
It was a great place to work the only thing that was irritating was getting a raise but other than that it was great. Good tools to work with and vehicles. Good hours and flexible if needed time off.
Pros
Great co workers.
Cons
Under paid.
Training
HR and Admin Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fairview Heights, ILDecember 5, 2016
NCI is the employer I learned most of my skills for my future in the administrative field. I have wonderful managers to provide the help I needed. A wonderful place to work.
Installer
Carpenter (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 29, 2016
Gear place to work. Great boss hard working consistent work new commercial. Jobs reliable everywhere. Travel everywhere good ppl drug free
Pros
45 min lunch 2 breaks
Cons
Breaks big jobs
Energetic Workplace
Assistant Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 13, 2016
The schools provided me with a life of lessons, enjoyment, and growth. It gave a sense of guidance, wealth of knowledge and resources to be a better teacher.
Pros
Cons
Healthcare
It was a great temporary job for me
Collections and Accounting Temporary position (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNOctober 2, 2016
It was a nice place to work. I was able to learn a new data base system, and met some nice people. The Controller was especially impressed with my work and the President invited me to stay when my temp time was up. I was covering a maternity leave. I later went back for a week to help out. I didn't accept the position offered as I was concerned that I would get bored quickly and not be challenged.
Pros
out early on Friday's during the summer
Productive work environment
Lead Heavy Duty Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXSeptember 26, 2016
My day at work was loading insulated metal panels on flatbed trucks. Consolidating merchandise.

Learned how to work new forklifts.

Management was less than desirable.

Worked well with others.

Weather conditions were difficult to work in.

Operating the forklifts and interacting with others.
Pros
Great hours and new knowledge of machinery
Cons
Weather conditions when the seasons changed.
Temp job with random job placements
Advertisement lead - In charge of coming (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 24, 2016
Working at NCI was a knowledgeable experience. Managers were never to be found and everyone was lacking training. I was put into the advertising group with no one there having any idea what to do. I effectively took over as team lead and reflected on our projects mission.
Postdoctoral Fellow (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDAugust 6, 2016
Great place to work! While you there you can forget about everything and concentrate on your research! Great school, compensations, job culture. This is America's true research place!
Pros
Health insurance, great job culture, compensations
Cons
no 401k

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NCI Information Systems. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval