NCO Group

NCO Group United States Employee Reviews

Great Place
Inbound Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Joplin, MOApril 8, 2015
A great place to get your foot in the door for customer service. I worked with great people and if you can handle the customers the job can be really enjoyable.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Humble, TXMarch 16, 2015
THEY BREAK IN CARS AND THE COMPANY WONT DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT. BED BUG INFESTED. TOO MANY MESSY PEOPLE .... DONT APPLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wouldnt say it was the best place to work at but it helped out for the time being
Customer service representative (Current Employee), North Charleston, SCFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: wasnt enough pay for work that was being done
they wasnt orginized like a busy should be..they never kept there agents updated on new info that was important about our job..
fun place to work
customer service (Current Employee), Overland Park, KSFebruary 16, 2015
talking to a bunch of different peopl making sure that we get service restore on the account the hardest part is getting customer to pay full ballnce on account
Bonusus would be nice if everyone showed up like me.
CSR (Current Employee), Johnstown, PAFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: short commute
Cons: long 10hr days are brutal when not busy because your stuck in a chair.
Great place to work Easy job for the pay.Only drawback i have is since you are attached on a headset, your pretty much stuck sitting there all day.
I just love being able to work from home.
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Saint Joseph, MOFebruary 3, 2015
a typical day at work for me is taking anywhere from 30 to possible 50 calls per day to assist customers with paying their bills, setting up payment arrangements for their bill and any other issues they may be having.
Great First Time Call Center Job
Customer Service Representative for AT&T (Former Employee), Charleston, SCFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: the co workers
Cons: short breaks, low pay
I enjoyed working at NCO simply for the experience it provided. The work that's expected for the pay is ridiculous. There is NO chance you will move up in the company unless you know someone who knows someone. The hardest part is listening to rude customers and not being able to say what you want back but that is at any customer service job. I did learn a lot here and I now have about a years worth of experience at a call center in collections so I can use that on another job application who pays way more :)
Good Experience
Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee), North Charleston, SCJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: work was at an easy pase.
Cons: supervisors did not do their job well.
Dealt with confidential information. Also was able to work alone and at the pace I wanted.
...
Resolution Supervisor for Sprint (Current Employee), Saint Joseph, MOJanuary 8, 2015
stressfull dont learn much managment is rude and co workers are awesom hardest part is being yelled and cussed at by customers best part is im at home
NCO
IT End User Support Analyst (Current Employee), mendota heights, mnJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: good management in the it dept.
Cons: health care benifits, wages
In my time working at NCO I have learned a lot about working in the IT field. All of the work at NCO is tracked using a ticket system. Our day starts by logging into the ticket system and reviewing the open requests and incidents for the work load that needs to be completed. The management at NCO is pretty good and very helpful. I enjoy the coworkers that I work with and the most enjoyable part of the job is accomplishing the daily workload and successfully resolving the issues.
Busy competetive environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Houston, TxDecember 30, 2014
Pros: you choose when to go to your lunch and breaks
Cons: phone calls are back to back
The most enjoyable part of this job is the different people you get to talk to but the hardest part of the job is all the consistent upselling thats required. The co workers are friendly and the managers are there if you need them. This jobs forces you to push your self and make each call count. That is a typical day on this job
Enjoy working at NCO but not much chance for advancement.
Licensed Insurance Representative (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PaDecember 27, 2014
Pros: management will always try to accommodate schedule problems.
Cons: no raises at this time at nco.
A typical day at work entails answering calls about UPMC Medicare Advantage Plans. I also watch the call volume (mainly necessary during AEP (Annual Election Period)) and help other representatives with answers to prospective members questions. When necessary, I send reports to management.
I have learned much about Medicare Advantage Plans, Medicare, Extra Help, etc. I earned my Health and Accident License and have already completed the CE courses and renewed my License. I have also learned that if I put my mind to something I can achieve it.
Management is great. My supervisor is always helpful and understanding. Her boss is easy to get along with and will work with different circumstances to help make the schedule and the job work for everyone.
I get along great with my co-workers and help them whenever I can, not just at work. I feel that it is important to help others when you can.
The hardest part of the job is when there is someone I cannot help because they do not have a SEP (Special Election Period). I always try to give them some phone numbers so that they might qualify for something that will give them a SEP.
The most enjoyable part of my job is talking to and helping others find a Medicare Advantage Plan that will help them get affordable health coverage.
Latoya
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Charleston, SCDecember 20, 2014
Pros: non
Cons: off on weekends
there is no room for growth. This is a very easy job but there are no raises.
Production, manufacturing company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCNovember 18, 2014
Great company to work for and I did not mind the long hours. I was always on time and enjoyed my peers.
Resolution Supervisor
Technical Support Supervisor (Current Employee), Overland Park, KSNovember 14, 2014
Pros: save money on fuel
Cons: pay was bad!
Taking in bond calls, and placing very few outbound. Processing payments, Trouble Shooting devices with customers. Hardest part about this job was a raise freeze for four years. What I like most was working from home.
Disappointing
Contract Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCNovember 14, 2014
Pros: cafeteria onsite, few cents metric incentives and bonuses
Cons: healthcare is not affordable, pay does not compare to the job function, breaks are too short for those that work 4 x 10's, you are wrote up for everything, you have to resolve your own computer issues, if not signed in on time and you are having computer issues then you get an infraction, no one listens to each other from management on down, 10 minutes per week of personal time off the phones for bathroom breaks etc.
A typical day is taking over 60 to 75 calls per day. I learned a lot about the contract company, which is interesting. Management was not very good. Co-workers were great. The hardest part of the job was the inconsistency in the job flow and meeting the 4.6 minutes of average handle time for calls. The enjoyable part of the job was getting to speak with many different people and helping them with their bills.
great
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PANovember 13, 2014
good place to work, lots of fun, but hard work very busy place
Call center expierence
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Humble, TXOctober 27, 2014
work pretty much starts off you clocking in on your computer and getting straight to it. Learned about different computer programs and the importance of being careful when handling customers accounts. Management was ok kind of unprofessional at times. The hardest part of the job was working with so many women temptation is every where. Most enjoyable part was being sitting at my desk, putting my headphones on, and zoning out the world for eight hours except my customers of course.
Customer Service
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Overland Park, KSOctober 24, 2014
Pros: no pay increase in 4 yrs
Productive work environment . You speak with a variety of people from all over the world. Managers are always willing to help as well as your fellow coworkers. I feels good when you help a customer with their account. The hardest part is listening to some of the tragic stories customers tell you.
It was a very productive work place I enjoyed working there.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXOctober 23, 2014
First thing i get into work i log in to my workstation and start getting calls from customers. helping them about there bill and reviewing the total charges and explaining the EOB from there INS. great manger he help if there was anything that i may need to make the calls better and how to improve.

1 2 3 4 5

About NCO Group

NCO Group, Inc. (NCO) is a holding company and conducts substantially all of its business operations through its subsidiaries. – Read more

NCO Group Salaries