NCO Group

NCO Group Employer Reviews

Resolution Supervisor
Technical Support Supervisor (Current Employee), Overland Park, KSNovember 14, 2014
Pros: save money on fuel
Cons: pay was bad!
Taking in bond calls, and placing very few outbound. Processing payments, Trouble Shooting devices with customers. Hardest part about this job was a raise freeze for four years. What I like most was working from home.
Disappointing
Contract Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Greensboro, NCNovember 14, 2014
Pros: cafeteria onsite, few cents metric incentives and bonuses
Cons: healthcare is not affordable, pay does not compare to the job function, breaks are too short for those that work 4 x 10's, you are wrote up for everything, you have to resolve your own computer issues, if not signed in on time and you are having computer issues then you get an infraction, no one listens to each other from management on down, 10 minutes per week of personal time off the phones for bathroom breaks etc.
A typical day is taking over 60 to 75 calls per day. I learned a lot about the contract company, which is interesting. Management was not very good. Co-workers were great. The hardest part of the job was the inconsistency in the job flow and meeting the 4.6 minutes of average handle time for calls. The enjoyable part of the job was getting to speak – more... with many different people and helping them with their bills. – less
great
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PANovember 13, 2014
good place to work, lots of fun, but hard work very busy place
Call center expierence
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Humble, TXOctober 27, 2014
work pretty much starts off you clocking in on your computer and getting straight to it. Learned about different computer programs and the importance of being careful when handling customers accounts. Management was ok kind of unprofessional at times. The hardest part of the job was working with so many women temptation is every where. Most enjoyable – more... part was being sitting at my desk, putting my headphones on, and zoning out the world for eight hours except my customers of course. – less
Customer Service
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Overland Park, KSOctober 24, 2014
Pros: no pay increase in 4 yrs
Productive work environment . You speak with a variety of people from all over the world. Managers are always willing to help as well as your fellow coworkers. I feels good when you help a customer with their account. The hardest part is listening to some of the tragic stories customers tell you.
It was a very productive work place I enjoyed working there.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXOctober 23, 2014
First thing i get into work i log in to my workstation and start getting calls from customers. helping them about there bill and reviewing the total charges and explaining the EOB from there INS. great manger he help if there was anything that i may need to make the calls better and how to improve.
Call Center
Collector (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALOctober 9, 2014
Pros: its a job
Cons: pay rate, not very flexible.
the hardest part of the job are the hours of repetitive work, getting cursed by customers for a variety of reasons. I did however learn more communication skills and how to be kind yet assertive to get my point across while talking with irate customers. the most enjoyable part of the job were my coworkers.
Call Center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 6, 2014
Pros: 3 breaks, 2 week training
Cons: the back to back call max
A typical day at work will be sitting at a computer, Assisting Customers with any need and questions about their computer.
Taking calls about Geek Squad . My co-workers were very friendly and outgoing personalities always ready to help. I learned how to help customers with questions about their computers and how to set- up their computer. The hardest – more... part of the jobs was taking the back to back calls with no break sometime there will be 16 back to back calls.The enjoyable part of the job was knowing that you help someone. – less
A day in the office
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee), Norcross, GaSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: no micro managing
Cons: unstable job security; layoffs with a week notice
A typical day at the office: We normally and mostly communicate through emails. Because of reasons not being shared with the team, the workload has lessened and questions about job stability doesn't get answered. We are pacified with legal and business jargon to make us feel like we are secure in our jobs.

I have learned to monitor collection calls – more... closely, paying immediate attention to all content within the call to listen for violations of the FDCPA. We complete audit surveys and submit to the manager.

A major part of my duties after documenting the call has been taken away from my team. We used to follow up with the firms or agencies, provide remediation feedback, request additional calls or collection notes. Management has taken that responsibility from my team which now leaves us with reviewing our emails, listen and monitor calls. I feel i no longer have a productive hand in the compliance department and am looking to further my career elsewhere where they promote from within and have open lines of communication across the board. – less
Summary of Experience at APAC
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Mendota Heights, MNSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: quarterly celebreations, coaching for results
Cons: healthcare, bpo, attrition
I have learned root cause analysis, building improvement plans, managing difficult behavior, staffing and recruiting through support groups along with managing finances and reporting through support groups.
worst experince ever
customer service (Former Employee), greensboro, ncSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: shortes lunches ever, ghetto enviroment
I started working here and didn't learn anything during training. When I started on the floor I was thrown out to the wolves and the employees that were walking the floor to help didn't know anymore then what I did and a few times I showed them things that they didn't even know.
customer service
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Worcester, MAAugust 15, 2014
Company has a low salary and benefits compare to other in the same market
call center
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 13, 2014
Pros: unlimited overtime
Cons: the pay was very low
if you need a job they will hire you dont expect the pay to be anything based on your experience everyone gets paid the same amount of money
It's all about the money
Subrogation Specialist (Former Employee), Ramsey, NJAugust 11, 2014
Pros: manager was a smooth talker
Cons: president out of control.
The president was not a professional person. Out of bounds...always. If not for the manager, there would not have been any stability at NCO Insurance Subrogation department.
Poor Management
Supervisor (Former Employee), NCO MontgomeryAugust 3, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: underpaid, messy, and no raises.
NCO Montgomery is underpaid, overworked, and unprofessional.This is a messy call center from HR, Managers, and right down to the staff. NCO hires Ghetto people and anyone off the street. Beware of the scams too their employees pull. Bypass this job search or regret it later!
Productive place to work
Customer Service Rep/ Collector (Former Employee), Montgomery,ALJuly 30, 2014
This NCO company is great for people who need job security.
Its an easy job if you are willing to do the work.
working as a customer service agent
Customer service (Former Employee), Humble, TXJuly 25, 2014
Working for nco was a new challenge for me because I never had any experience. As I went threw my training it was very easy to comprehend. Being a inbound sale was easy because most of the customers that call in already knew what they need to purchased, Others needed a little guidance to place their order or the needed help on comparing items they were – more... thinking about ordering. my overall experience was great and would love to be a customer service agent it again. – less
very productive and fun workplace
Benefit Advisor (Former Employee), Charlotte, N.CJuly 24, 2014
Pros: hour lunches
I was a health benefit advisor. I helped BC & BS clients pick their new plans in accordanc to the healthcare reform. I learned the in and outs of the health insurance bussiness. The most enjoyable part of the job was talking to a diverse group of people. The hardest part was telling patint with incurable diseses their currrent medical plan dose not – more... cover their necessary medications. – less
Horrible
TWC Debt Collector (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJuly 14, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: short breaks, not professional
It was no room for advancement and this company made alot of empty promises.
Terrible job
Collector I (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJuly 8, 2014
Pros: met my significant other at work
Employees are loud, rude, and nosy, and management is terrible as well. No room to grow whatsoever. Customers were rude, for the most part, because their account was in collections.

1 2 3 4 5

About NCO Group

NCO Group, Inc. (NCO) is a holding company and conducts substantially all of its business operations through its subsidiaries. – Read more