NCO Group Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,275 reviews matching the search
Collections
Collector (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 19, 2016
I loved working at NCO, then we found out they were closing the Tulsa office and I had to find employment elsewhere.
Overall the company was great to work for, I enjoyed being a debt collector
Pros
Loved the company
Cons
third party rules, where harsh, but managable
Nco
Patient Financial Services (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 10, 2016
I learned a lot from this organization concerning patient financial services.

The programs available to assist with healthcare cost today are many; I enjoyed assisting patients and families with covering their health care cost.
very stressful
Insurance follow up (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAJuly 1, 2016
work was very demanding, the atmosphere was not the most pleasant.

no team work

upper management was hard to get along with
excellent place to work.
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 30, 2016
I loved the atmosphere. I loved the people, Advancement opportunity for this company was great, Management was at times, good.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
PAy
Awesome company working with people
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOJune 29, 2016
Typical day of helping people with their orders and installations for Best Buy. I always tried to go above and beyond. If I couldn't help them I would spend all the time needed to make sure they found the person that would help them and could help them. I would also do call backs to make sure that their orders or issues were dealt with the best way possible. I loved working to help people. And make their days a little better.
Productive, fast pace environment, goal-oriented.
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  North Aurora, ILJune 23, 2016
My typical day at NCO Financial was productive. It was a fast pace environment. Everyone had a goal to meet. There were daily and monthly incentives to help you reach your goal. Once you hit your goal you were awarded with cash and prizes. Considering the environment was competitive, I believe everyone worked well together and we managed to have fun at the same time.
Very good place to work at
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZJune 16, 2016
The environment along with the management team were very helpful. The environment was stress free whilst having set selling goals, which helped our team grow. The hardest part was to reach our sell goals. The most enjoyable part was interacting with my sell team and just working for NCO was a great experience.
Pros
Very good environment
Cons
Lunch was a little short, but nothing too problematic.
Agent
Agent (Current Employee) –  N Charleston, SC 29418June 13, 2016
Working for this company is a great experience, I love my co-worker and the managers and supervisors are great. I like the environment however my hours have been cut and I need more money.
Pros
Excellent Supervisors
Cons
Great Experience
The best company to work, hate they close down
Team Leader / Collection Specialist / (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAJune 9, 2016
NCO was to first company that allow me to make bonus each month and they made a better life for me and my son. I had the opportunity to grow with them and help train others also.
Medicaid Specialist
Medicaid Specialist (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLJune 7, 2016
I loved working for this company although was not there long enough. This company was based at the Winter Park Hospital by contract. I enjoyed closely working with the patients and helping them get insurance though the state.
very strict enviroment
call representative (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJune 4, 2016
strict environment but all about the money instead of the customers I feel like they should so more loyalty towards they customers.
Generic boring call center
Collections Agent -EGS (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJune 4, 2016
So where do I begin with NCO Financial Systems, now called EGS Expert Global Solutions. I worked here for about for months doing the same thing every single day. My first two months I enjoyed it, I got along with my supervisor which was probably my favorite out of all the jobs I had. She was very helpful in answering any and all questions that I had. I also got along with my entire team who I got to knew a lot from during our three week training class. The is pay is pretty bad considering what we have to put up with; our co-workers, the angry callers and the long hours. Plus you don't receive any benefits until you complete your 90-day probationary period...that is IF you can make it.

The atmosphere is rather tense and dry usually unless there's a holiday that comes up which the supervisor will let their team decorate the office and cubicles based on that holiday theme. Any other time, as the review summary suggest, its just another call center. The other teams I worked with were somewhat okay to work with, others were stuck up and snooty when you tried asking them questions relating to a customer's bill.

This is a company will write you up or terminate you without further notice depending on the severity of your actions, so be cautious.

I would only recommend this job to people who enjoy sitting down all day and coming to work doing the same repetitive actions every single day with no strong benefits and no raises (Oh yeah, you don't get a raise here they start you off at $8.75 and that stays there forever) You do however get pay incentives for having high productive
  more... numbers and a strong, consistent quality control number. (All of your call our recorded and they review all of your calls)

Good luck people
Pros
Stable hours and schedule, 1 hour lunch, pay incentives
Cons
Underpaid, no pay raises, strict policies, no real advancement
Productivity
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 2, 2016
The work space was a call center environment, and a typical work day at NCO was coming into the office being prepared to focus on your day to day tasks/duties. Your duties was captured around customer service that was our mean focus customer first. The co worker was easy to work with everyone pulled together to get the job done (team work) and that goes a long way. I would say the hard part at times was pleasing the customer,because that's what we as customer service rep always aim toward. Knowing I have successfully completed my tasks/duties for that day knowing I have given 110% toward customer sanctification.
Nice place to work
Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIMay 11, 2016
It was a very nice culture the people were great to work with. Just required too long of hours for me and my personal life! Learned a lot and how to handle customers both happy and unset as well!
busy and fun work place
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 11, 2016
its nice to work here however the amount of professionalism is at a minimum. Also it has downtimes way to often which may interfere with your paycheck.
Customer Service
Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAMay 9, 2016
This Company will not support you. They will transfer your job over seas and ask you to train the people taking it. The only people safe here are those in upper management.
Inyeraction with associates on a daily bases due to my position
Lead Trainer (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PAMay 6, 2016
Opportunities abound! Excellent relationship with my boss and with the associates I trained. Very good company regarding the CRM industry
Overall Summary
Collector (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 3, 2016
Sitting all day glued to a chair is not my cup of tea. However, again it is a busy environment. Which I am satisfied with.

Co-workers and buyers can be lovely on our big days. Which goes by fast!
Pros
Nice atmosphere
Cons
Glued to a chair all day.
Information Concerning last job
Financial Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSApril 21, 2016
Productive and fun workplace with great luncheons.
I learned the company computer programs.
Friendly Management and cooperative.
Co-workers outstanding team players.
Dealing with irate customers was the hardest, but also an accomplishment.
Management acknowledge hard work done and would bring in donuts and would have pot luck luncheons that was paid by the company.
Pros
Employees enjoyed the luncheons
Cons
Health Benefits needed to improve
Not such a good place to work
Collections Supervisor/Team leader (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZApril 21, 2016
NCO was my most challenging jobs, even though I was not very happy I look at it the bright side which is that by being a supervisor for collections I obtained the ability to learn a great deal.
Pros
Learning
Cons
hours, salary, employees, supervisor

2.9