NCO Group Employee Reviews

great pay
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 29, 2015
I answered calls dealing with many people on the daily. everyday it was very different and always a challenge. I enjoy working with customers
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  SAINT JOSEPH, MOMay 20, 2015
THE MANAGEMENT WAS ALWAYS CHANGING, I WAS TRANSFERRED TO DIFFERENT JOBS, CO-WORKS AND MANAGEMENT WOULD START PROBLEMS AT WORK AND IN YOUR PERSONAL LIFE.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Absolutely the worst place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 30, 2015
I did not like this job at all! The atmosphere was always stressful and tense. The managers/supervisors would yell from across the room while you are taking calls. Terribly unprofessional. The work was not bad. It was the people that ruined it for me. It was like high school all over again. Absolutely ridiculous.
Pros
no pros
Cons
Very unprofessional work environment
Bad work environment
Collections Agent (Current Employee) –  montgomery,alApril 27, 2015
The company lets their supervisors talk to you in a very disrespectful way. They argue, pick and harass some of the employees and they will not punish them instead they let them continue. The company in Montgomery is very unorganized and I would not advise anyone to work there because all they care about is collecting the money not your safety
Pros
Hour lunches and good benefits
Great WAH job however I am not happy with the business I am working for through NCO and job is ending May 5th because of it they are taking it oversea
WAH rep for sprint customer finance (Current Employee) –  Shawnee, KSApril 13, 2015
Ive learned a lot about customer finance and WAH and computer skills and my data entry skills have improved and my phone skills, I like interacting with co-workers and management is great however sick days are not good they do not want you to call in at all if you are sick and it is an occurance which I feel is wrong
Pros
Working at home gives you the freedom to work even if you arent feeling your best
Cons
You do not get sick days it is an occurance even if you call in advance, the insurance charged me more $ for an office visit when Im already paying on it
Great Place
Inbound Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOApril 8, 2015
A great place to get your foot in the door for customer service. I worked with great people and if you can handle the customers the job can be really enjoyable.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXMarch 16, 2015
THEY BREAK IN CARS AND THE COMPANY WONT DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT. BED BUG INFESTED. TOO MANY MESSY PEOPLE .... DONT APPLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wouldnt say it was the best place to work at but it helped out for the time being
Customer service representative (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCFebruary 21, 2015
they wasnt orginized like a busy should be..they never kept there agents updated on new info that was important about our job..
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
wasnt enough pay for work that was being done
fun place to work
customer service (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSFebruary 16, 2015
talking to a bunch of different peopl making sure that we get service restore on the account the hardest part is getting customer to pay full ballnce on account
Bonusus would be nice if everyone showed up like me.
CSR (Current Employee) –  Johnstown, PAFebruary 10, 2015
Great place to work Easy job for the pay.Only drawback i have is since you are attached on a headset, your pretty much stuck sitting there all day.
Pros
short commute
Cons
long 10hr days are brutal when not busy because your stuck in a chair.
I just love being able to work from home.
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOFebruary 3, 2015
a typical day at work for me is taking anywhere from 30 to possible 50 calls per day to assist customers with paying their bills, setting up payment arrangements for their bill and any other issues they may be having.
Great First Time Call Center Job
Customer Service Representative for AT&T (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCFebruary 3, 2015
I enjoyed working at NCO simply for the experience it provided. The work that's expected for the pay is ridiculous. There is NO chance you will move up in the company unless you know someone who knows someone. The hardest part is listening to rude customers and not being able to say what you want back but that is at any customer service job. I did learn a lot here and I now have about a years worth of experience at a call center in collections so I can use that on another job application who pays way more :)
Pros
the co workers
Cons
short breaks, low pay
Good Experience
Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJanuary 17, 2015
Dealt with confidential information. Also was able to work alone and at the pace I wanted.
Pros
work was at an easy pase.
Cons
supervisors did not do their job well.
...
Resolution Supervisor for Sprint (Current Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOJanuary 8, 2015
stressfull dont learn much managment is rude and co workers are awesom hardest part is being yelled and cussed at by customers best part is im at home
NCO
IT End User Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  mendota heights, mnJanuary 5, 2015
In my time working at NCO I have learned a lot about working in the IT field. All of the work at NCO is tracked using a ticket system. Our day starts by logging into the ticket system and reviewing the open requests and incidents for the work load that needs to be completed. The management at NCO is pretty good and very helpful. I enjoy the coworkers that I work with and the most enjoyable part of the job is accomplishing the daily workload and successfully resolving the issues.
Pros
good management in the it dept.
Cons
health care benifits, wages
Busy competetive environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TxDecember 30, 2014
The most enjoyable part of this job is the different people you get to talk to but the hardest part of the job is all the consistent upselling thats required. The co workers are friendly and the managers are there if you need them. This jobs forces you to push your self and make each call count. That is a typical day on this job
Pros
you choose when to go to your lunch and breaks
Cons
phone calls are back to back
Enjoy working at NCO but not much chance for advancement.
Licensed Insurance Representative (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PaDecember 27, 2014
A typical day at work entails answering calls about UPMC Medicare Advantage Plans. I also watch the call volume (mainly necessary during AEP (Annual Election Period)) and help other representatives with answers to prospective members questions. When necessary, I send reports to management.
I have learned much about Medicare Advantage Plans, Medicare, Extra Help, etc. I earned my Health and Accident License and have already completed the CE courses and renewed my License. I have also learned that if I put my mind to something I can achieve it.
Management is great. My supervisor is always helpful and understanding. Her boss is easy to get along with and will work with different circumstances to help make the schedule and the job work for everyone.
I get along great with my co-workers and help them whenever I can, not just at work. I feel that it is important to help others when you can.
The hardest part of the job is when there is someone I cannot help because they do not have a SEP (Special Election Period). I always try to give them some phone numbers so that they might qualify for something that will give them a SEP.
The most enjoyable part of my job is talking to and helping others find a Medicare Advantage Plan that will help them get affordable health coverage.
Pros
management will always try to accommodate schedule problems.
Cons
no raises at this time at nco.
Latoya
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCDecember 20, 2014
there is no room for growth. This is a very easy job but there are no raises.
Pros
non
Cons
off on weekends
Production, manufacturing company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 18, 2014
Great company to work for and I did not mind the long hours. I was always on time and enjoyed my peers.
Resolution Supervisor
Technical Support Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSNovember 14, 2014
Taking in bond calls, and placing very few outbound. Processing payments, Trouble Shooting devices with customers. Hardest part about this job was a raise freeze for four years. What I like most was working from home.
Pros
save money on fuel
Cons
pay was bad!