NCO Group Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,256 reviews matching the search
Not the normal workplace but might do in a crunch
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXFebruary 29, 2016
Going into work, signing in, and ready to take calls. It was like any other call center job if you ever just worked in this field before. I have found so many people that have worked for this company that says the same thing that I do. It is a job to work at the time but if you can do better then do better. You do not get paid enough for the things that are required of a person to keep a job with this company. At least it didn't when I worked there, there is a high turnover rate and people will get terminated over the smallest things. Not the best as stated before, but it will do in a crunch if you need a job to provide temporary stability.
Pros
n/a
Cons
Not getting paid for all of the services that was provided on my part.
Great place to work with plenty of room for growth within the company.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 26, 2016
Very friendly work environment with a very friendly staff. Always looked within for promotions, and gave overtime even when it wasn't really needed just to help employees.
Good Place to work
BILLING SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Ramsey, NJFebruary 18, 2016
NCO was a good company the staff was friendly and helpful and the management staff was very nice. accounts were work daily to ensure payment were received in a timely manner, everyone worked as a team to achieve the collection goal. It was fun to work there
Pros
they pay was always good and the bonus as well
Cons
you had to work every other Saturday but other then that it was a good job
happy workplace and everybody is friendly
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  ClarkFebruary 15, 2016
I'm grateful that this is the first company I get to work with. This is where my foundation was built. I love how they treat their employees and prioritizing their benefits. I love the training period because they make sure that you are already equipped and knowledgeable in the task that was assigned to you.
Pros
free meal, free transportation, health card for up to 4 members of the family
Cons
Graveyard shift
Very nice job to have.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 9, 2016
This was my first job. It was not hard. I loved interacting with the customers. I got to cross train and learn different things to do in the store.
Alright work environment.
Sales Associate Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 9, 2016
I helped costumers that were having problems with there computers. I learned how to have compassion for the customer. I learned how to trouble shoot. My over all typing skills improved as well.
Environment to learn Medicaid and Social Security Disability
Eligibility Specialist/ Patient Advocate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 6, 2016
Great place to gain knowledge of government programs and working with caseworkers, social workers, and disability programs. It is a faced paced work environment, with mediocre training, and support.
Co-workers were great in office and some off sight co-workers were great.
Management rarely asked your side on things always jumped to conclusions and made decisions without fully knowing the full scope of things.
No room to advance pay is decent providing you get enough accounts to bonus each month otherwise base pay isn't that great, they offer no raises and state it's because you make bonus and have the potential to make unlimited income, which isn't true. If you make too much consistently in a bonus they will write you up so they can take it away because it's a bonus as they call it but it falls more under earned compensation. Bonus caps out at $3500 which is taxed heavily and that is provided you hit a certain amount of points.
Pros
good for learning medicaid, insurance, and eligibility
Cons
only 30 min. lunches, management is 50/50 with leadership, and functions of follow-up operations.
Productive and fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 2, 2016
When we are busy we have a fast day. When we are not busy we are sitting around making sure cases are done. I like the people that I work with and I get along with my boss.
Extremely stressful due to 2 hr texts on whether we were meeting service levels or not and at least 4 conference calls a day with client
Workforce Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZJanuary 30, 2016
A typical day as workforce supervisor involved conference calls. These calls started at 5 am Monday morning and continued throughout the week. I also received texts every two hours on whether or not service levels were being met.
Pros
Employees I worked with
Cons
healthcare
The company has a great day time schedule.
Financial Representative (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALJanuary 29, 2016
The company is great if you prefer weekends off however there just any opportunities to move in the company. They would rather hire outside help then hire within the company. They pay is not great in my department.
Very close knit and friend oriented system
Private Loan Collector (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHJanuary 26, 2016
I did not like the company because it was based more upon whos friend you were compared to the work and accomplishments completed
Pros
Easy
Cons
Not knowledge based
call center
Medical Collection Representative (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 20, 2016
Typical call center. Lack of communication and poor management. Benefits were not great at all. High overturn on employees.
Pros
co-workers
benefits
good company to work for. great benefits.
customer service (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAJanuary 14, 2016
You worked independently. Educated on topics and changing with payment plan for various hospital. Easy to yet on with co-workers.
Enjoy talking with customer to resolve their issues.
Pros
updated you with new information about new clients
Cons
short breaks. computer system down a lot
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJanuary 13, 2016
My typical day at work would start off with me acknowledging my agents. Go over their status for the previous day and give them their goal for that day. I love my co-workers. The hard part of the day is trying to keep the talk and transfer down. The most enjoyable part of the job is having a good day with excellent numbers.
Pros
Hoilday time
Cons
Short Lunch Break
loved my job
Collections Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 11, 2016
I loved my job and sad my department closed. Great people and better bonus pay. Learned a lot and would change anything. working for the courts was great.
Pros
location
Cons
closed down
customer services
Credit Representative (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCDecember 31, 2015
The morning was like any typical call center job. The morning call volume was very high, because of all the customers trying not to get shut -off. the afternoon was a bit more settle.
Pros
People their where like family
Cons
the pay/raise
Productive workplace
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALDecember 30, 2015
Great management and work place. I learned a lot and gained a lot of information on time management and how to resolve customer issues.
Pros
family oriented
Cons
short breaks
productive and a fun work place
CSR/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALDecember 29, 2015
Nco is a great work place. its very laid back as well as they mean business. the job isn't hard at all. its based on your learning skills.
First job
Customer Service Call Center (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 29, 2015
My first job was at this company. Not a great place to start but I did learn a lot from it. Reason I did not enjoy working here because it is a collection agency which is a stressful job for someone new to working in customer service.
worst place to work
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PADecember 26, 2015
this company does not care about their collectors because it is all about money for them. there are no benefits unless your a manager.