NCO Group Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,261 reviews matching the search
customer services
Credit Representative (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCDecember 31, 2015
The morning was like any typical call center job. The morning call volume was very high, because of all the customers trying not to get shut -off. the afternoon was a bit more settle.
Pros
People their where like family
Cons
the pay/raise
Productive workplace
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALDecember 30, 2015
Great management and work place. I learned a lot and gained a lot of information on time management and how to resolve customer issues.
Pros
family oriented
Cons
short breaks
productive and a fun work place
CSR/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALDecember 29, 2015
Nco is a great work place. its very laid back as well as they mean business. the job isn't hard at all. its based on your learning skills.
First job
Customer Service Call Center (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 29, 2015
My first job was at this company. Not a great place to start but I did learn a lot from it. Reason I did not enjoy working here because it is a collection agency which is a stressful job for someone new to working in customer service.
worst place to work
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PADecember 26, 2015
this company does not care about their collectors because it is all about money for them. there are no benefits unless your a manager.
very organized
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCDecember 16, 2015
Receiving inbound phone calls assisting customers in a professional manner with locating their packages. We also notified the customer’s local packaging facility so that the customer can determine how to receive their package.
Not a great place
Collector (Former Employee) –  Gahanna, OHDecember 15, 2015
NCO Financial offered potentially unlimited income potential for people who are willing to do whatever is necessary to collect money. The time off policies were pretty archaic and advancement was very limited.
Pros
Strong income potential
Cons
Time off policies were not well outlined. Benefits were not very good.
Typical call center
Collector (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALDecember 11, 2015
A typical workday is what you would expect in a collections call center. Nothing really to write about. You're contacting customers about old outstanding debts and you're basically playing Let's Make a Deal.
productive day
Customer Service Representive (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 8, 2015
the typical work day was just coming in and answering phons about american express and the management was not all that great i think that could of did a whole lot better in conducting business
Understanding managment, even tho numbers were a big part of the everday workday, they would not allow the individual to overdo themselves.
call center supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VADecember 5, 2015
Great management.
Any medical issues anyone had came first, before their job.
The well-being of the employees was their number one priority.
Supervisors and Managers would treat their employees to different things (such as barbecues, movies, and restaurants) when the proper numbers each month were met.

Overtime was generally freely given. Even tho there was some slow times in the workplace, instead of having everyone stay, they would allow people to leave early if they wanted to, without any write-ups.

If an employee constantly did overtime, that employee was given first choice at anything, including more overtime.
Generally employees were not allowed to eat at their desks, however, if an employee was constantly doing overtime, restrictions were lifted to accommodate making that employee as comfortable as possible so they could do their best at the job while doing overtime.

While doing overtime, managements only requirement was to do the hours you said you were going to do, you could take as make breaks as you wanted as long as you got the hours done you said.
Pros
Great managment, great teams to work with
Cons
stressfull sometimes, the back patio became a pool when it rained too hard(not a huge deal, was a tiny bit annoying, but thats it)
Telemarketer
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, NJDecember 1, 2015
Everyday was the same. You come in get a cubicle and start to make phone calls about voting. My managerment was pretty decent. I never had a problem with my coworkers.
Work From Home
Call Center Representative WFH (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSNovember 30, 2015
Great to Work form home, and to log in remotely. Great people to work for. Friendly and helpful, Bonus Monthly Just nice to work for.
Disciplined, fair
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  New YorkNovember 27, 2015
Structured hours, good training, management had advanced education in business and management, co-workers friendly. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting and exceeding goal.
Pros
half hour lunches, good bonus potential, upper management
Cons
certain contracts.
It was ok job place to work at
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MINovember 23, 2015
I loved working for nco,managers were helpful, one of the good things about working there, you could earn bonuses. I had great co -workers to answer any questions If I had any.
Pros
can earn bonuses
Cons
very strict with being back on time from breaks
A Great Place to work.
Collection Rep (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYNovember 18, 2015
Arrive on time and bring your coffee you wouldn't want your coworkers to get ahead of you. Lightly competetive but in a fun way. Get started and check you work twice before submission. very nice as it pertains to work life balance everyone is fair and understanding.
Pros
benifits and culture
Cons
opportunity for growth
Productive and Possative Flexible and Friendly
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSNovember 16, 2015
This is a good place to work if you are looking for flexibility and job security.

I was able to work this job long enough to graduate from college.
Incentives of Customer service positions
Customer Service Representative- Damage Control (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCNovember 16, 2015
The start to my day was routine, preparing work area to begin calling clients; it became interesting and challenging as the day progressed.
I worked in damage notification.calling customers to inform them of lost or damaged items that were shipped My ability to follow the set guidelines for every call was effective, maintaining professionalism is essential. The company offered great incentives and salary for call performance.
Pros
Offered good salary, benefits, and incentives
Cons
Handling difficult clients
Fast pace
CCCS Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PANovember 10, 2015
This was a fast pace learning experience. Pleasing the customer was the number goal. I also enjoyed training new employees.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
irrate customer
Fun place easy job
Onsite Client Services (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 5, 2015
I worked for the company as a vendor doing hospital mail return. I like the fact I was offsite and not in the NCO building. My manager was offsite as well so I was not micromanaged.
Pros
Great boss.very flexible
Cons
pay was very low
Nco
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSOctober 31, 2015
Communicate with customers by telephone and/or written correspondence to attempt to bring resolution to unpaid accounts