NCO Group Employee Reviews

Found 1,423 reviews matching the search
Very little opportunity for advancement
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCMay 5, 2017
Very disappointing company to work for.Promise opportunities for advancement but never gave them.Benefits were to expensive to apply for. management never seemed to be available.
Big corporation focusing on performance at all costs
Recovery Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 2, 2017
Hard work, like any collection shop. Driven to achieve performance numbers through increasing production goals. Very challenging and competitive. Management was fine. The hardest part of the job was the unrelenting pressure, hourly, to achieve a goal. The most enjoyable part of the job was I was privileged to work with many good folks who worked hard.
Pros
Very competitive and challenging, keeping you on your toes and alive
Cons
a bit of a sweat shop, concerned for the number above the people
well rounded
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXApril 30, 2017
Starting your day with a great team of people to assist in helping your customers while your supervisor is always available to assist if needed. and there is always a coaching session if needed to help you stay on track.
NCO Group
Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  Jessup, MDApril 30, 2017
Recruit and establish professional relationships with key personnel in new national accounts; Build, train, and manage a sales team as Team Leader at NCO. A strong commitment to sales, marketing, and business having interacted within various sectors
such as real estate levels, debt recovery, and consolidation; successfully negotiating and closing
agreements with large and small companies and liaising with various departments.
Pros
free Lunches
Cons
stressful hours
office closed
Collections Rep (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 29, 2017
it was ok company but office closed it was very high volume collectiond skip tracing working student loans was taught more on negotiations and skipping
Pros
good bonus
Cons
not many accounts
Typical Job
First Northern Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYApril 28, 2017
Expected maximum output, while giving minimal input. like most corporate companies, It was a constant "we need more" no matter how much was done, Management was not terrible, we didn't have much to work with though.
Pros
expense account
Cons
terrible benefits package, rate of pay
Great incentives
Collections/ Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 27, 2017
This was a 3rd party collection agency, I loved doing collections the hardest part was having to call customers back when they did not keep their PTP (promise to pay) I tried to be compassionate with their issues of not being able to pay but at the same time I had a job that needed to be done, so it felt good when I was able to put them on a feasible plan that worked for them. being able to seal the deal with getting those PTP's with their checking account which menat a bonus for me.
Pros
Bonus on collection accounts
Cons
n/a
Nice place to work
Ricky Fields, Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lenexa, KSApril 27, 2017
The company was ok to work for, I just could not do the call center type of work. The management team was a great help and the learning process was great.
Fun great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Glassboro, NJApril 25, 2017
Great people to
Work with. We all
Worked as a team wish this job never closed still would of been working there. Great benefits paid weekly no required saturdays
fun place to work
Bill and Account Collector (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAApril 20, 2017
This is a pretty basic collection agency. Management is very helpful usually. Co workers are nice and friendly. I really enjoyed this job, unfortunately I ran into bad luck and had to leave.
Totally different place now
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 19, 2017
Not sure why I need to do a review for a place that no longer exist, but it was not a bad place to work. Over the phone Customer Service is the easiest.
Geek Squad
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Humble, TXApril 17, 2017
Learned how to remotely work on customer's devices to help remove malware, or install software. Also, was able to upsale products that would keep the devices form getting any further infections.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
not enough overtime
stressful place to work
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHApril 12, 2017
the hours are okay had to work 2 late nights. the environment is like a high school, and the managers are like robots. easy to get hired but the turnover rate is horrible.
Ok environment
At home Sprint Collections rep. (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 12, 2017
Working from home was very beneficial. Everything was pretty simple when it came to answering phone calls and solving issues. We pretty much collected payments and made payment arrangements.
I was able to learn a variety of positions.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOApril 9, 2017
I started out as inbound calls, resolving issues, worked with data entry, then some in sales, register and scheduling people for work done in their home. This was very rewarding.
This comoany is out of business
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOApril 8, 2017
This was a work from home job and you were chained to your desk. If you needed to get up to go use the restroom they took it from your lunch hour. Well someone that has a bladder condition cannot just hold it till lunch. You were not allowed to leave the desk. You got cussed at and threatened from customers that were having issues with their phone being shut off due to they did not pay their bill. Or if they got a replacement phone it ended up be in worse shape then the one they had before, We were the one they yelled and cussed at. You had to have a certain talk time and other stuff. If you did not make that you had to go in house and work till you got it where they wanted it to be at. I did love that I got to work from home but it was a very stressful job. but good hours and good pay. I first started at nights from like 2pm till 11pm. When I started putting her in daycare that had different hours they were very willing to change my hours for me.
Pros
work from home, good pay
Cons
our of bussiness now, very stressfull and consent rude cusotmers
Call Center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILApril 6, 2017
It was a typical call center. Very busy and obviously we did nothing by answer phone calls all day. The work was easy if you understood how to use the software. All in all it was a decent place to work.
Nco job rating!
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALApril 6, 2017
Decent place to work however with more incentives, better pay and more training it would have been great place to work. I love this type of work and look forward to doing it again!! Steady pace and and overtime were definitely a plus!!
Pros
Overtime
Cons
pay and culture
call center
Front Office Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 5, 2017
back to back calls for UPS customer service. made pickups ordered supplies tracked packages and helped with damages. arranged for pickup and deliveries
Pros
great group of people to work for and with
Cons
odd hours
Fun and motivating
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 4, 2017
NCO was a fun job for young people who can multi task and sell to all types of people. Competition is always a must do. Management always changes but its a fun job.
Pros
Fun, bounces, and movitating
Cons
Call center is always loud.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NCO Group. Our community is ready to answer.