NCO Group Employee Reviews

Found 1,307 reviews matching the search
fun work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCMarch 30, 2016
a typical day at work is busy. I've learned how to answer multiple phone calls, move through multiple screens, and process payments over the phone. The management was awesome. My co-workers were awesome team members. The hardest part of the job is when you've done all you can still cannot help a customer. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to be rewarded for your work.
Pros
having all holidays and weekends off
Cons
schedule and pay
The company was a nice fast pace environment
Collection/Customer Service Rep. (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMarch 20, 2016
This was work at home base company. It was a fast pace facility.
They made sure you had the updated information for you to do your job accurately. The supervisor and managers was very detail in their meetings.
Customer Service Repersentative (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVMarch 14, 2016
Management needed to be improved, this company had a very bad turn over rate, but in the end it was a very fast pace work environment. The customers where always happy at the end of each call because we helped them out with their electric bills. It was an alright place to work for in the end.
Mentally Draining
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILMarch 13, 2016
The material that you needed to learn were through classes that were nine hours long seven days a week having the weekends off and depending on your regular shift after those classes were over you were looking at a ten to eleven hour shift which is fine if you like being on the phones yet the mental stress weren't the classes it was the customers because you didn't know if you were getting a angry customer who was ready to complain about their phone (NCO assisted customers with T-mobile issues) or billing so you had to be quick to know how to approach the situation and sometimes even if you provide the answer customer problem or question the customer might want compensation for their troubles which depending on their length of time with t-mobile they may or may not receive it so there could be a lot of loud profanity used and that could be every call and during a ten to eleven hour shift it takes a toll at some point yet, MONEY WAS OKAY
Pros
Money
Cons
Mentally Stress
fun enviorment
Bill Collector (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 12, 2016
NCO was a very laid back, comfortable enviorment. The hours were great and flexible, and the staff was wonderful. The pay was good for the time, and there was no quota.
very comfortable work enviorment
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 12, 2016
The staff was friendly, it was a comfortable enviorment. The people and the whole experience was just wonderful. The hours were flexible, the pay was great, and even managers were good people.
back to back phone calls
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZMarch 4, 2016
Get to help a different kind of population and feel great about because the isue was resolve in a short time and customer apreciated.
Pros
nice lunch room with tv and cable.
Cons
no time for breaks between calls.
Lucrative
Collector/Rehabilitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PAMarch 3, 2016
My experience at NCO Financial systems as a Department of Education defaulted student loan collector was very exiting, challenging, and very lucrative.
Pros
Execellent earning potential
Cons
Not much room for advancement
Good start up job, ok pay, flexible schedules.
Agent (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAMarch 2, 2016
Sometimes unorganized especially trainings. Lots of young people not really worried about a career. They just see it as another job
Standard Telemarketing experience
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOMarch 2, 2016
NCO provided adequate training and support, with many programs and opportunities. The managers were always helpful in the event of an escalated call, or question, and I learned quite a bit from them.
Wonderful work enviroment
Strong leader of customer support staff (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC 28210February 29, 2016
I love working for nco the money was good the bonus was excellenet everybody had the opportunity to make momey. I love the flex schedule if you maintained a certain goal.
Pros
Great mangement
Cons
Office closed down
Not the normal workplace but might do in a crunch
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXFebruary 29, 2016
Going into work, signing in, and ready to take calls. It was like any other call center job if you ever just worked in this field before. I have found so many people that have worked for this company that says the same thing that I do. It is a job to work at the time but if you can do better then do better. You do not get paid enough for the things that are required of a person to keep a job with this company. At least it didn't when I worked there, there is a high turnover rate and people will get terminated over the smallest things. Not the best as stated before, but it will do in a crunch if you need a job to provide temporary stability.
Pros
n/a
Cons
Not getting paid for all of the services that was provided on my part.
Great place to work with plenty of room for growth within the company.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 26, 2016
Very friendly work environment with a very friendly staff. Always looked within for promotions, and gave overtime even when it wasn't really needed just to help employees.
Good Place to work
BILLING SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Ramsey, NJFebruary 18, 2016
NCO was a good company the staff was friendly and helpful and the management staff was very nice. accounts were work daily to ensure payment were received in a timely manner, everyone worked as a team to achieve the collection goal. It was fun to work there
Pros
they pay was always good and the bonus as well
Cons
you had to work every other Saturday but other then that it was a good job
happy workplace and everybody is friendly
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  ClarkFebruary 15, 2016
I'm grateful that this is the first company I get to work with. This is where my foundation was built. I love how they treat their employees and prioritizing their benefits. I love the training period because they make sure that you are already equipped and knowledgeable in the task that was assigned to you.
Pros
free meal, free transportation, health card for up to 4 members of the family
Cons
Graveyard shift
Very nice job to have.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 9, 2016
This was my first job. It was not hard. I loved interacting with the customers. I got to cross train and learn different things to do in the store.
Alright work environment.
Sales Associate Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 9, 2016
I helped costumers that were having problems with there computers. I learned how to have compassion for the customer. I learned how to trouble shoot. My over all typing skills improved as well.
Environment to learn Medicaid and Social Security Disability
Eligibility Specialist/ Patient Advocate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 6, 2016
Great place to gain knowledge of government programs and working with caseworkers, social workers, and disability programs. It is a faced paced work environment, with mediocre training, and support.
Co-workers were great in office and some off sight co-workers were great.
Management rarely asked your side on things always jumped to conclusions and made decisions without fully knowing the full scope of things.
No room to advance pay is decent providing you get enough accounts to bonus each month otherwise base pay isn't that great, they offer no raises and state it's because you make bonus and have the potential to make unlimited income, which isn't true. If you make too much consistently in a bonus they will write you up so they can take it away because it's a bonus as they call it but it falls more under earned compensation. Bonus caps out at $3500 which is taxed heavily and that is provided you hit a certain amount of points.
Pros
good for learning medicaid, insurance, and eligibility
Cons
only 30 min. lunches, management is 50/50 with leadership, and functions of follow-up operations.
Productive and fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 2, 2016
When we are busy we have a fast day. When we are not busy we are sitting around making sure cases are done. I like the people that I work with and I get along with my boss.
Extremely stressful due to 2 hr texts on whether we were meeting service levels or not and at least 4 conference calls a day with client
Workforce Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZJanuary 30, 2016
A typical day as workforce supervisor involved conference calls. These calls started at 5 am Monday morning and continued throughout the week. I also received texts every two hours on whether or not service levels were being met.
Pros
Employees I worked with
Cons
healthcare

2.9