NCR

NCR United States Employee Reviews

Very busy Environment
Clerk (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 14, 2015
I was a great experience as it was my first job. I leaned about the business world. I also learned how much work is put into getting stores to buy new brands of cash registers and movie rental machines. I also learned the basics like filling, copying and how to help costumers with their concerns about a product.
The best job I've ever had !!!
Multi-Vendor Help Desk Agent (Former Employee), Columbia, SCApril 13, 2015
Pros: Excellant starting pay rate, Wonderful benefits, All around great company
Cons: The company left S.C. and moved to GA.
A typical day consisted of clocking in and loading up the tools that I need to perform the job. I would then begin to take calls from multiple retail vendor personnel that have technical issues with digital cash registers, debit/credit card readers, pharmacy computers, printers, barcode scanners, bio scanners, network gateways and routers. I would remotely fix the technical issues, but if the issue was out of scope or did not have a resolution, a field technician would be dispatched.

I learned how to remotely fix issues for a professional environment, use a knowledge base of information and how to engage the escalation process and personnel.

My manger, supervisor and team lead were awesome. I could not have worked with a better group of people.

My co-workers and I were in cubicles that linked us together and made us a family. We helped each other via instant messaging or face to face.

The hardest part of this job was not being able to be there 24 hours a day.

The most enjoyable part of the job was to hear and feel the customer's reaction once their issue was fixed.
Had the potential to be a great place like SAS, Inc. but falls short considerably.
Point of Sales Technician (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCApril 8, 2015
Pros: Steady employment for a while.
Cons: You have to fit into the good ole' boy club or you're out eventually.
Worked for them a while back. Too much back biting going on by the Senior Tech's (Pat). The company has major problems understanding the issues that Tech's go through and are paid poorly for it. NCR use to be a company you could hold your head up and be proud of. No longer unfortunately.
There are worse places to work
Software Engineer I (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXApril 7, 2015
Pros: Free Sodas in the break room
Cons: Health care is expensive, frequent reductions in force due to bad profit forecasting, Not very innovative.
This is a company trying to turn around its public image, but it is still stuck in the past in many ways.

Management is a mixed bag. There are some managers who are amazing, but then there are some who do not appear care or have much of a clue on how to manage people. Unfortunately, the good ones are not always the ones in charge. If you get a good manager, you will sing their praises, I had several good managers while working there. Management turn over is a bit of a concern though. Management turn over has the affect of causing a culture of group think unfortunately.

Co-workers are awesome, and it is easy to find people to get along with and who share common interests. They all are competent at their jobs and often you will find some that will amaze you with their knowledge.

The code base is a mess however, which shows years of neglect at inexperienced hands. Regardless, the work is the most enjoyable part of the job. There is plenty of it to do.
Productive environment
Repair Technician (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAApril 4, 2015
Opportunity to learn about several devices. How to fix, refurbish and re-manufacture. Team Leader and other team members are fun to work.
High paying job where they let know you're worthless.
Helpdesk Agent (Former Employee), Bentonville, ARMarch 31, 2015
This is the type of job where no matter how much more work you're doing than the other guy, he gets a raise because he knows the boss. They employ too many people who have no computer experience which results in the entire office being slowed down.
Very Competent Company with only average comp. and benefits
IT Manager (Current Employee), Duluth, GAMarch 22, 2015
NCR is a metrics and performance driven company. While often listed as primarily a manufacturer of ATMs, nothing could be further from the truth. This is a services oriented tech company that is on the move. Unfortunately, top talent often finds more financially rewarding positions elsewhere.
Always had a great time with the friends I had there and we all watched out for one another and helped one another.
Check Qualifier Specialist 11 (Former Employee), Columbia, MDMarch 21, 2015
This job was always challenging and loved my customers and the people that I met through working there. I always would look for more to learn so that I would have as much cross-training so that I could always do more then just my job so that if somebody was out that I could fill in for them.
My co-workers were really like family for the most part and we always would back each other up if one was back behind so that we could all leave on time and not have to work over.
The most enjoyable part was the fun we had doing our job and getting the job done efficently.
Productive and fun workplace
Production Worker (Former Employee), Dayton, OHMarch 19, 2015
Pros: money incentives
Cons: union
I worked in a clean room environment in a clean room suit (covered from head to feet). that is where I learned to work with others in a team. Nice communication and co-operation with management. my co-workers were great, friendly, helpful committed. The hardest part was working with the dangerous chemicals and gases. Meeting our quotas.
Great Stability and awesome staff of coworkers
Tier 2 Support Spec., Customer Care (Former Employee), Peachtree CityMarch 19, 2015
A typical day is getting logged in on time and going into ready when in a call center environment. Its a fast paced Customer care environment where resolving custoemr needs is the first priority.
providing customer details
Full Tester (Former Employee), Columbus, GAMarch 16, 2015
We ran test on different cash register products.
If we ran into any problems we obligated to go inside the system and fix the problem, before shipping it off to the customer of desire
Too much change going on in NCR Retail
Consultant (Current Employee), VirtualMarch 12, 2015
A significant change in NCR Retail leadership over the last 15 months has caused significant churn in the organization. Most have been brought in from outside the organization.
My first sales job.
Business Analyst (Former Employee), Suwanee, GAMarch 12, 2015
Pizza is one of my favorite restaurants to go and eat, but working there was a good experience. I had great team-members in my sales team. Pizza Hut showed me what it's like to work in a team and be able to manage weekly pizza sales of $10K+. Coordinate teams to meet annual objectives of 10% profit margin and do logistics of inventory valued at $150K annually.
Fast Paced and always have to be ready!!
Logistics Team Lead (Current Employee), Peachtree City, GAMarch 12, 2015
Pros: overtime and money
Cons: short breaks, managment
Some days you will have to change what you are doing to take care of something else your boss wants. It is a job yet but overtime will be come mandatory and if you don't pace yourself you will become over worked and tired! So take care of yourself and do the best you can everyday!
Depends on Leadership
Quality Engineer I (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAMarch 3, 2015
Pros: work life balance
Cons: health benefits, lack of advancement opportunities
Working in this environment requires a strong level of maturity and patience as there is a variety of ages from millenniums to baby boomers in this company. The health benefits should be better considering this is a company of 26k employees worldwide. There is a big push for community involvement, however unity between departments and locations is allot to be desired.
One of the best places I've contracted
Consultant (Former Employee), Westlake Village, CAMarch 3, 2015
Pros: everything
Cons: short contract
The only thing was that it was a short contract. The people had integrity, and all of the equipment was top notch. I worked with a very knowledgeable group.
Slave Driving Company
Software Analys (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXFebruary 25, 2015
Cons: all of the above
company does not care about employees

does not care about advancement

does not care if employees can have an adequate work/life balance even though they claim to care
Productive and fun workplace
service coordinator - UK FSC Team (Former Employee), BelgradeFebruary 21, 2015
Fast paced and demanding position, with lot's of organization skill to be acquired. Big team of 50 people and multitasking is a must.
Good Learning experience
Account Billing Manager/ (Former Employee), Dayton, OHFebruary 19, 2015
I enjoyed working for NCR. While working for NCR. Teradata was a division of NCR that spun off on 2007. I learned so much working at NCR. The co workers were very respectful
Productive workplace with cafeteria in the building
Incident Management, Service Coordinator (Current Employee), Peachtree City, GAFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: coworkers
Co-workers are the best part of the job and are helpful in training and sharing information.
I've learned a lot of networking and remote resolution while employed here.
The most enjoyable part of the job is resolving long standing issues customers may have with different equipment and/or software

1 2 3 4 5

About NCR

Want to find NCR? Follow the money. Born during the waning days of the Wild West as National Cash Register, NCR is a leading maker – Read more

NCR Salaries