NCR Employee Reviews in United States

going nowhere
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJune 27, 2016
There is no direction. Goals are extremely high and commissions are minimal. The product has many flaws and company doing nothing to keep up with competition.
Pros
Cons
low pay
Fun place excellent team to work with
Customer Engineer (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJune 27, 2016
I would got to Banks all over GA. Al, SC, NC to install new software,
various parts Hardware security devices and Security software on Bank ATM's. Most enjoyable part was meeting new Bank associates and having a team that I could ask for help on any problems that I needed.
Customer Engineer Representative I (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 27, 2016
Typical day you will be alone. Servicing on average 6-8 ATM's per day. Traveling around the city to different locations. Co-workers are very helpful. Alot of email interaction.
Competition with off-shoring
Revenue Assurance Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAJune 25, 2016
NCR is an decent company, they will train you and they will give you cross-organizational experience. This company looks out for their upper crust in the company only. In order to stay ahead of the curve and keep your position, plan to work 60-65 hours a week.
Pros
training, software integration
Cons
difficult for work-life balance, culture for US employees poor
Poor Choice in Career Moves
Service Engineer II (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaJune 24, 2016
This company is lower management governed, Upper management has nothing to do with the employees of the company who actually do the work.
Pros
Fair pay
Cons
Expect 24/7, 365 availability. No life balance. Lower management lies.
Easy to get technical experience here, though it can be very frustrating.
Router Technician (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVJune 21, 2016
Work involves lifting networking machinery, loading customer-requested data on it, then shipping it. The job teaches basic networking and Cisco configuration, and allows exposure to a wide variety of devices.

Management feels like they have no control over the staff. For example, one department rushes out their work so that they can go home early on fridays.

There doesn't seem to be any hope of moving up; despite multiple NCR employees leaving, nobody has been hired on from existing temps to fill in their shoes. The majority of workers are temps, hired through two other companies.

Co-workers are unpredictable at best, but most of them are good people.

The hardest and most enjoyable part of the job is hand-staging. Some of the guides can be cryptic, and it's up to the person staging the order (and the people they ask for help) to figure out what they're supposed to enter.
Pros
Entry-level technician job, provides experience with many different networking devices (including non-cisco), relaxed work environment.
Cons
Overtime occurs often, inventory once/year requires working over the weekend, management isn't the best, no hope of being hired on a permanent basis, 'temporary' position, little professionalism.
Ncr
Service Sales Consultant for North America (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJune 18, 2016
Solid company to work for. Great values and work life balance. Management of the company is focused and very transparent.
Summary
Bi-Optic Scanner Technician (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GAJune 18, 2016
Great company to work for. At the time, I was working at the warehouse. Unfortunately management is pretty bad. My lead was definitely always on top of it, unfortunately the floor manager was someone who was always having a bad day. There was no such thing as job culture because it was a warehouse.
Driven by numbers , less care about employees
Customer Engineer (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJune 16, 2016
Expected to work night and days in same week sometimes in same day. No time to adjust to schedule, ruined my health. Managers cared less had to make there numbers. When interviewed I was asked if I was sent to training if I would learn or party. I passed all courses and tests but at training all I found were DRUNK NCR employees. So if you are looking to party this company is for you.
Pros
Good phone support ( third party not NCR)
Cons
No raises in pay in fact deductions.
Stressful enviroment
Service Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 13, 2016
Management expected to get the work done with less people as required to satisfy the Client.. Management was to much number driven and not so much Customer oriented
Always changing, updating equipment & the ways we do things made you think & was good
Regional Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJune 11, 2016
Get jobs on a device. Run them logistically. Could be computer, ATM, network or Laser Printer problem.
Learned to be flexible and to be very patient.
Management was easy to work with as you met their needs.
Co-workers once you show them you work hard and will help them you all become a great work force.
The hardest part of the job was changing managers, just had to learn their style.
The most enjoyable part of job was solving the problems customers needed to get fixed.
Long Hours very fast paced
Dispute Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJune 10, 2016
NCR is a Global company. There have been many "Reductions in the Workforce" over the past years. Many jobs were outsourced to India and to Accenture.

NCR employs many Temps to avoid salary costs due to budget restraints. I was always aware I could be outsourced.
Pros
Is possible to work remote
Cons
Outsourcing is always looming
Older service company
General Manager for Cisco Systems Global Alliances (Former Employee) –  Los Gatos, CAJune 4, 2016
NCR is big on services. Was run those days by older generation management team and hard to work with. Very good service team worldwide and effective.
Benefits, people
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Westlake Village, CAMay 23, 2016
Benefits got worse,
People are good to work with.
Infrastructure is bad, they trying to fix.
Worked on Back End interface with the DPV for Financial Institutions.
Great Company, horrible management
Claims Analyst (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAMay 16, 2016
The biggest problem I had working with NCR was management. The company has grown so quickly in the department I was in that people were put into management because of the time they had within the company it appeared. The manager over me would tell me to do one thing then email her manager that she told me to do something different. Because of this, it created a lot of problems and leaves the new employee out catching bullets from all directions.
Pros
PAY
Cons
I do not want to do this review.
Production (Former Employee) –  Phenix City, ALMay 14, 2016
I did enjoy working there but lazy people get away with way too much. I worked very hard every day for over 2 years, well they bring on these temps that don't want to work but for some odd reason they get away with it. Then when you say something about it you are the bad guy trying to start trouble. I see why they need temps no full time person whats to pull there weight all the time.
Pros
a job
Cons
lazy people and how they let them get away with it
Great Company to work for in today's world!
Technical Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Bentonville, ARMay 9, 2016
Open to investing into their employees and one of the better companies I have seen about retaining the best talent. If your looking for a growing organization, and by growing I mean developing better work environments for its employees, then apply at NCR.
Worst "professional" environment I have ever worked in...
Software Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 9, 2016
Managed by the 'croney' system ... if you're boss likes you ... you will be held close and have a good job... if not, you are sol... and the next opportunity available they will fire and replace you.
Work environment was the most 'hostile' I have ever worked in...
Exposed to situations that are outlawed by federal law, but HR did not do a thing about it...
Name calling was part of the job... managers even got in on the game...
Acceptable reviews given by imediate supervisor were immediately reversed by their manager simply to match quota numbers and personal feelings.
Management failed to follow thru with ANY communication whatsoever with subordinates...
Employees had absolutely no control over their work lives... and if possible their personal lives.
Employees were berated for not working 40+ pay without overtime (which employer refused to pay until a lawsuit was threatened)
This company is a typical textbook case of how NOT to manage...
Pros
Job was VERY easy to get...
Cons
Everything else related to the job
unless you are in the field your job will be outsourced
Sr. Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYMay 6, 2016
Big proponent of moving jobs overseas. The jobs pay very well, but you can't count on having them through retirement, unless you are a field technician.
Pros
great pay, good benefits
Cons
long hours, no job security if you work in corporate
Funb
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 4, 2016
The typical day at work was to configure Atm's, The management was nice, I loved my co-workers. I was not fond of the "corporate" meetings all of the time. I felt as if they review the same info and was a waste of time.