NCR

NCR Employer Reviews

Launching pad for the rest of my career ...
Accounts Payables Clerk (Former Employee), ft lauderdale, floridaJanuary 26, 2015
This was my first job and i am glad it was at NCR. Great team of individuals who helped lead and guide. Everyone was respectable and the company itself made work fun. Long hours but it helped implement a lot of the methods i use today.
Productive and high volume faculity
Quality Analyst (Current Employee), Columbus, GAJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: management respect hard working employees
Cons: over a year as temporary in a little excessive for me.
A typical day for me would be testing and inspecting P.O.S systems.
Entry-Level Job
CUSTOMER ENGINEER (Former Employee), Duluth, GAJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: company-provided health insurance, 401(k), company-provided cell phone and laptop
Cons: expensive healthcare, poor communication from upper management to field, no/little opportunity for advancement, no job security due to frequent restructuring of workforce
This is a full-time job that requires servicing various retail and financial customers throughout an assigned territory. On average, there were 30 CEs managed by a territory manager, and service calls were dispatched by a call center. Within a territory, the CEs were organized into teams of three to seven technicians. Each team would service its geographically assigned area. People skills are definitely a requirement, as well as knowledge of computer hardware and software.

The most difficult part of the job, was not being informed of the customer requirements ahead of time before being presented with a task. It forced the CE to put on a face of confidence, while trying to figured out what was needed to get the job done. Many times, it would require a repeat trip, or two, to a customer site and unnecessary equipment down-time.

On the other hand, the most enjoyable and rewarding part of the job was building a good rapport with customers, and being a part of keeping their businesses up and running.
Well known technology compay.
Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 22, 2015
Very challenging and engaging opportunity. Great benefits and I worked with some great people. Upper management cannot relate to challenges and infrastructure issues.

The people I met were very hard working and talented. Some teams had a great sense of team work.
professional environment
Self-Service STAB (Former Employee), ArkansasJanuary 20, 2015
very organized workplace
willing to teach
professional environment
friendly workers
Too old to change
Annuity Order Analyst (Former Employee), Suwanee, GAJanuary 18, 2015
Back office systems are too old and antiquated to be salvaged yet a lot of money is spent on band-aiding these applications.
lots of numbers
Data Entry Operator II (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 8, 2015
It was an exciting jobs, you would work with people who were in the other side of the world or in anther country. I enjoy working there, I also had the advantage to go to school and came back.
Inside Sales
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Memphis, TNDecember 25, 2014
People were great! Company communication was not so great.
Field technician position working from home office
CUSTOMER ENGINEER (Current Employee), PittsburghDecember 19, 2014
Pros: company vehicle, healthcare
Cons: long hours, traveling long distances, retail hours
Territory for my area is about 100 square miles. Parts availability sometimes requires driving between two locations and the store that requires the replacement part and driving approximately 3 hours. Long hours are required depending upon the situation and the location of the call. There are times that a technician can get trapped at a store trying to fix numerous issues. Okay position for someone who has a spouse or a very understanding significant other who is okay with changing pace and working conditions. Schedule may frequently change depending on co-workers availability. Work - life balance very skewed unless you are very on top of your game and make plans early and inform management of these changes.
Great co-workers
NCR - Server Repair Tech (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GADecember 17, 2014
Great co-workers! Learned great skills at this company. This is NCR
Tech Support Specialist / Customer Engineer II (Former Employee), Memphis, TNDecember 14, 2014
Pros: opportunity to learn alot if you into technolgy
Cons: working long hours
A typical day at work for NCR is that someday your busy and some days it slow.

I learn a lot working with NCR because they are keeping up with the latest Technology and it has given me a chance to learn more.
N/A
Systems Quality Analyst (Current Employee), Plano, TxDecember 11, 2014
- Great learning experience
- Great supervisors
- Multinational culture
- Great working environment
- Excellent co-workers
- Working in the lab, meetings, assignment tasks, emails, etc
Fun High pressure company to work for
Tech (Former Employee), Cumming, GADecember 11, 2014
Pros: very strong team of workers with good communication
Cons: a little too high pressure at times
I really enjoyed working for this company . I built a lot of meaningful and professional relationships here.
Decent
Call Center Agent (Former Employee), gaDecember 7, 2014
Typical call center work. Typical call center work. Typical call center work. Typical call center work. No room for advancement.
A cog in the machine
Temp (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GANovember 26, 2014
Pros: free coffee and soda
Cons: not much of a team atmosphere, low wages, poor benefits if you can move beyond a temp position.
I am no one special at this company. The main boss who sits four desks away from me barely acknowledges my existence. I've been here for over a year as a temp without any hope of being hired on. I've known people who have sat at a temp wage for years. They are cheap.
worst place I have ever worked
Attorney (Former Employee), Duluth, GANovember 20, 2014
The management was permitted -- even encouraged - to ride roughshod over employees. They demanded endless hours including nights and weekends with not even an occasional thank you. The company is just too large for its own good. One hand doesn't know what the other is doing. I've never witnessed such disorganization before.
Productive and fun place to work
Solutions Engineer (Current Employee), Duluth, GANovember 19, 2014
A typical day includes reading/responding to emails, follow up phone calls and conference calls. The hardest part of the job is being on the call after hours however I enjoy my team and our comradery.
Broken Processes
Project Lead (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 18, 2014
NCR is an example of a numbers only company. Financially forcasting is put before the client's needs. They run on broken processes that continue to create future support issues for clients that we do not have the resources to recitfy.
productive and rewarding workplace
Help Desk Agent (Current Employee), Columbus, GANovember 18, 2014
the job is mentally challenging, co-workers are great to work with
not a job for a family person
Customer Engineer (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLNovember 13, 2014
this job is very stressful you work long hours and are set up to fail. the metrics they hold you to are not possible to obtain with out fudging the numbers. you are penalized for contractors and how they do their job. they worst part of this job was the manager you could never ask for help with out being them being condescending towards you or complain about one of your team mates to you. the management created a hostile work environment. the only thing that made it fun to work thier was my co workers becasue no matter what happen we could rely on each other to help get the job down.

1 2 3 4 5

About NCR

Want to find NCR? Follow the money. Born during the waning days of the Wild West as National Cash Register, NCR is a leading maker – Read more