NCR Employee Reviews

Good work place
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaApril 26, 2016
Overall, great experience working at NCR. I work with an excellent team. I feel recognized for the work I do. However, over the last couple of year there has been a lot of churn and management changes. Hardest part about the job is that unending reorganizations have left several gaps in knowing who is responsible for what. Most enjoyable part of the job has been interacting with the customers on a day-to-day basis and know that you are adding value to their programs.
Pros
Flexibility, Work from home, many smart individuals
Cons
Compensation, too many reorgs
best job
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Peachtree City, GAAugust 31, 2016
Loved that we could eat at our desk and that the pay was great. I had some of the best supervisors and being able to talk to the technicians was great
Pros
pay, lunches
benefits
Long Hours very fast paced
Dispute Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJune 10, 2016
NCR is a Global company. There have been many "Reductions in the Workforce" over the past years. Many jobs were outsourced to India and to Accenture.

NCR employs many Temps to avoid salary costs due to budget restraints. I was always aware I could be outsourced.
Pros
Is possible to work remote
Cons
Outsourcing is always looming
unless you are in the field your job will be outsourced
Sr. Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYMay 6, 2016
Big proponent of moving jobs overseas. The jobs pay very well, but you can't count on having them through retirement, unless you are a field technician.
Pros
great pay, good benefits
Cons
long hours, no job security if you work in corporate
12 years or employment.
Logistic Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Peachtree City, GAOctober 4, 2016
NCR was a great place to work in the beginning; we had lots of social activities, community involvements, and morel building activities. Also, opportunities to advance and available educational web site to assist with furthering your career. Then once a new CEO was named, everything began to change, which 80 percent of the office staff was laid off and the work was out sourced.
Pros
Great bunch of people to work with.
Cons
Out sourceing work to other countries hurt this country.
Great oppurtunity
Software Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TX 76155October 5, 2016
The management at NCR seem to base advancement more on popularity then on job performance. I base this on the fact that of a 3 year career with the company I received only two job reviews both were outstanding but when I tried to seek advancement I was informed that I wasn't up to standard something that wasn't shown in any review or brought to my knowledge previously.
Pros
Great Oppurtunity
Cons
Advancement is based on less of job performance then being popular with others.
Nice job but...
Customer Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 27, 2016
Work for NCR is a very intense experience. The job is very cool, fixing ATMs is not a common thing that everyone do. The only drawback is that most of the times have to work long hours and is based on rotation which means that you will loose a lot of nights, weekends and most of holidays.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Work on nights and weekends
Always learning something new
Customer Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 22, 2016
Technology is always changing, and as it changes there is always something new to learn. In this company, I am always learning something new, and becoming more proficient at troubleshooting anything I come in contact with. This company, and the experience that it provides me on a daily basis has given me the confidence to troubleshoot things that I have never even seen before with accuracy. This is a fast paced career, with a teamwork we provide service to more retail and financial institutions than any other company in the United States. The hardest part of this job is the amount of time that you spend at work on a regular basis, although it pays off through time as you build a name for yourself in the company. The most enjoyable part of this job is coming up to any NCR machine/unit figuring out what is going wrong, and being able to fix it on the spot to keep our customers up and running at all times.
Pros
They want to see you further your education, they take care of their own, company vehicle to drive, innovative culture, learning environment
Cons
Long work days, work odd hours
Rough in the begining but improved with time
Sr. Solution Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAJanuary 14, 2017
Old management mind set dominates and many decision were based on this mind set. People working there were good and wish I was still there.
Pros
Large company gave sense of job security
Cons
Employee are sacerficible
not they did not care about there employees show no respect and then laid u off
Production Worker/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  morristown,tn 37814 east industrial parkJanuary 25, 2017
Work 7days a 12hours a day a week show. you no appreciated concerning about you or your safety some time make u stay16hours be for they would even ask if you need some rest 15min lunch and one smoke break when they we're done with u they either fired u or laid u off
Pros
you started out temp and they would promise you a full-time job
Cons
they we're cons
review
Trainer /Help Desk Analyst/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Peachtree City, GANovember 16, 2016
Great job. You apply and incorporate vast amount of skills and knowledge learned from training and experience on the job that can be applied in various occupations.
Pros
pay, training and skills gained
Cons
some management and somewhat job security depending on your level of of expertise
Great company
Customer Care Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCDecember 13, 2016
Great company to work for. The pay was great and so was the people. Management was great and they made sure worker was treated fairly. Advancement in the company was great. I hate they moved to another state.
Pros
Hours and pay
Cons
they moved to another state
productive
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Peachtree City, GAJanuary 31, 2017
Ncr was a great experience the management team is really awesome, there's room for advancement in this company I like that they try to promote from within the company so you will learn a broad range of jobs
Iffy if you're looking for Seasonal work
Helpdesk Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Peachtree City, GAJanuary 23, 2017
Not full time positions in this field. Although they offer you a full time position, around the holidays, projects get slow therefor others start getting laid off. if you haven't been at the company for a while and someone else on a completely different team is having their team shut down. They will take your position.. Seniority over quality.
Pros
Remote worker
Cons
Short breaks. Management
Customer Engineer II
Customer Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 25, 2017
high school job
Customer Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 4, 2016
your going to work hard and clean and have to be able to manage time wisely and will have to bust your butt to be seen by the higher ups for recognition for a promotion or moving up in the company
Amazing workplace, fun and exciting coworker and a great management team.
Human Resources Representative II (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAAugust 25, 2016
I learned a lot while I was working for NCR. The company is very diverse and has a lots of different culture which was something I was looking for in a company prior to being hired at NCR.

I enjoyed everithing about the management team within the company they are very helpful and do their best to help you succeed.
Pros
Great environment, fun team and great management
Nice and productive enviroment
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Peachtree City, GAJanuary 2, 2017
it was a great pleasure working for this company. Management was not great there. It was to much racial conflicts going on. But through it all I learned a lot. My co-workers was like family. My hardest part of my job was learning all the computer processes. The most enjoyable part of my job was when I my training was over I was able to run my area by my self.
Benefits, people
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Westlake Village, CAMay 23, 2016
Benefits got worse,
People are good to work with.
Infrastructure is bad, they trying to fix.
Worked on Back End interface with the DPV for Financial Institutions.
excellent place to work
Field Service Manager, Special Projects (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 29, 2016
My overall rating for NCR is it was a great place to work. Compensation was great. Benefits were great as well. The reason for not working there is I was part of down sizing.
Pros
excellent pay and excellent benefits
Cons
no cons at all

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NCR. Our community is ready to answer.

64%