NCR Employee Reviews

Wonderful People
Business Operations Solutions Architect (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAMay 6, 2017
The teams were very nice to work with and made you feel very comfortable. Except that there were processes and policies in place that made it difficult to get information sharing easily.
Good career opportunity for a person who likes to work with his hands, and meet people.
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYMay 5, 2017
I Love to meet new people, while installing and repairing mechanical and electronic equipment . NCR constantly sent me to school to learn new equipment as it was released to the field. It had its up's and downs, as all jobs do, but it provided my family and I an adequate living, for the 44 years I was employed by them
Health Insurance
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAMay 3, 2017
I liked that they paid for your health insurance and there was unlimited sick time. Management was very knowledgeable back advancement was great. I truly enjoyed this company
Love the products that I work
Software Support Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAMay 3, 2017
Future:
Office location change,
Daily commute,
Traffic-It is some kind of puzzle now.

Current:
Office location is best , Office space is good,

Looking for career growth and challenges,
Pros
NCR brand products
Cons
Travel Distance increase
It is not a career. No ladder
Senior Customer Engineer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 3, 2017
Would not recommend to anyone wishing to develop a meaningful career. Mandatory overtime without notice. Very poor management. Training was the most basic available, although clients were sold specialist knowledge.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Its just a job
Ncr
Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  Midland, GAMay 3, 2017
It all depends on what part of the plant you work in to determine wether or not you'll be working at a fast pace. you will get breaks and make a lot of new friends as well as learning a lot of different things.
Pros
3 breaks a day
Just OK
Senior Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAMay 3, 2017
I am not even sure if this company is still in the Atlanta Metro Area. This was a good job for me at the time.. it was close to my home and the hours were good.. the call volume was huge.. so I would leave exhausted from people screaming in my ear.. It was some times hard to have customer issues resolved
Pros
fairly easy
Cons
endless problems that had no resolution
Not bad
Customer Engineer/Field Tecnician (Former Employee) –  VirginiaMay 2, 2017
Worked only temp job for 3 months. But overall good job if you like to work from the road. Working on computer controlled point of sale systems in stores like wal-mart, target, restaurants, etc.
Pros
good entry tech job
Cons
driving, large coverage area
Customer Engineer Rep
Customer Engineer Rep (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaApril 26, 2017
It was a good job, but I felt like the training could of been better
I travel from and to different locations all the time. I was hire for a temp position
good learning experience
Customer Engineer (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORApril 25, 2017
it was a good experience to work for NCR however i got tired with long hours and working 9 days in row.
Worked in reparing ATM point of sale systems server switches.
Pros
excellent learning experience
Cons
long hours lots of driving
great training inventory how to use a forklift i liked the job
Computer Recycling Technician (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAApril 23, 2017
clean the computers break them down and collect the hard drives and the green roms. count the inventory on how many computers set different computers with the right models. received packages from fed ex organized boxes and take inventory
Great Benefits and flexibility
Sr. BI Architect Lead/Technical Lead/Developer (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAApril 22, 2017
Great Benefits and flexibility.
Moving to Downtown and don't want to commute.
Current role is just way to stressful and wanting a change.
Need to focus on worklife balance and the company needs to practice what they preach.
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAApril 19, 2017
No assimilation process for new hires;Culture, ethics, and Expectations are hard to convey when the position is 100% virtual.
Very little interaction with other associates.
Good Company
Sr. Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 18, 2017
PS Resources will travel 75% of your time. If you like to travel and work for multiple clients, this company is a great fit. Many technical resources are able to work remote and often travel very little. Compensation is on the higher end. Make sure you ask for what you feel you are worth, you will end up at or close to the mark.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Lots of travel
Customer Engineer (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDApril 11, 2017
They provide job training, opportunity to travel and their end users are business professionals. So you will meet a lot of people with class. I would definitely recommend this place to work.
Pros
Travel, training
Too much outsourcing
Network Analyst and Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCApril 10, 2017
NCR is a great company, but they outsourced so many of their staff. Needs more advancement within the organization. The company I worked for closed its location and moved everyone to Atlanta.
Cons
Great atmosphere
Work
Customer Service Tech II (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZApril 10, 2017
Expect you to work your tail off. A lot of politics involved.. Easy work for not much money. A lot of driving which isn't bad but sometimes road conditions are not safe expect you to drive quickly to locations in the boonies.
Great working environment
Computer Technician (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLApril 8, 2017
great company to work for if you work for this company
well be going to different stores all the time watch is always a big plus because its always a challenge
Ex employee
Staging Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GA and Midland, GAApril 7, 2017
I use to work at NCR I just recently quit and they are horrible they do not care about their employees all that is important to them are their units that you have to get shipped out. You never know the time you getting off everyday and you won't know until that Friday before you get off of if you have to work that Saturday. They are very unorganized and they do things their way instead of the right way but taking all kinds of loopholes.. Their leadership is never no where to be found and they don't ever do what they promise to you and if your a contractor (temp) if your not hired within your first year they walk you out the door and end your assignment then tell you that you can reapply in 90 days.. If you want to work for somebody that doesn't care about you and give you no benefits until you get hired on permanently and can lay you off whenever they want too without a true reason and be treated like a slave then NCR is the place to go but I will NEVER work for them ever again...
Pros
You start off at $11 a hour and get paid weekly
Cons
They mistreat you and so much more
Established company, okay setup
PS Technical Consultant II, Retail Solutions (Current Employee) –  RemoteApril 6, 2017
While the work I did at NCR was great, be aware that they use every loophole imaginable to keep from paying fair rates. As a tech consultant, they try to utilize us like contractors, including penalizing us for taking vacation time in any quarter. If we would like to reach our full 'salary', we must not take vacation, or make up the billable hours we have missed while on vacation. Due to this, the work can be exceptionally stressful, but the nature of the work was more than fine.
Pros
Competitive work, some flexibility
Cons
Extremely stressful, treats full time employees like contractors

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NCR. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval