NCR

NCR United States Employee Reviews

Inside Sales
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee), Memphis, TNDecember 25, 2014
People were great! Company communication was not so great.
Field technician position working from home office
CUSTOMER ENGINEER (Current Employee), PittsburghDecember 19, 2014
Pros: company vehicle, healthcare
Cons: long hours, traveling long distances, retail hours
Territory for my area is about 100 square miles. Parts availability sometimes requires driving between two locations and the store that requires the replacement part and driving approximately 3 hours. Long hours are required depending upon the situation and the location of the call. There are times that a technician can get trapped at a store trying to fix numerous issues. Okay position for someone who has a spouse or a very understanding significant other who is okay with changing pace and working conditions. Schedule may frequently change depending on co-workers availability. Work - life balance very skewed unless you are very on top of your game and make plans early and inform management of these changes.
Great co-workers
NCR - Server Repair Tech (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GADecember 17, 2014
Great co-workers! Learned great skills at this company. This is NCR
Tech Support Specialist / Customer Engineer II (Former Employee), Memphis, TNDecember 14, 2014
Pros: opportunity to learn alot if you into technolgy
Cons: working long hours
A typical day at work for NCR is that someday your busy and some days it slow.

I learn a lot working with NCR because they are keeping up with the latest Technology and it has given me a chance to learn more.
N/A
Systems Quality Analyst (Current Employee), Plano, TxDecember 11, 2014
- Great learning experience
- Great supervisors
- Multinational culture
- Great working environment
- Excellent co-workers
- Working in the lab, meetings, assignment tasks, emails, etc
Fun High pressure company to work for
Tech (Former Employee), Cumming, GADecember 11, 2014
Pros: very strong team of workers with good communication
Cons: a little too high pressure at times
I really enjoyed working for this company . I built a lot of meaningful and professional relationships here.
Decent
Call Center Agent (Former Employee), gaDecember 7, 2014
Typical call center work. Typical call center work. Typical call center work. Typical call center work. No room for advancement.
A cog in the machine
Temp (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GANovember 26, 2014
Pros: free coffee and soda
Cons: not much of a team atmosphere, low wages, poor benefits if you can move beyond a temp position.
I am no one special at this company. The main boss who sits four desks away from me barely acknowledges my existence. I've been here for over a year as a temp without any hope of being hired on. I've known people who have sat at a temp wage for years. They are cheap.
worst place I have ever worked
Attorney (Former Employee), Duluth, GANovember 20, 2014
The management was permitted -- even encouraged - to ride roughshod over employees. They demanded endless hours including nights and weekends with not even an occasional thank you. The company is just too large for its own good. One hand doesn't know what the other is doing. I've never witnessed such disorganization before.
Productive and fun place to work
Solutions Engineer (Current Employee), Duluth, GANovember 19, 2014
A typical day includes reading/responding to emails, follow up phone calls and conference calls. The hardest part of the job is being on the call after hours however I enjoy my team and our comradery.
Broken Processes
Project Lead (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 18, 2014
NCR is an example of a numbers only company. Financially forcasting is put before the client's needs. They run on broken processes that continue to create future support issues for clients that we do not have the resources to recitfy.
productive and rewarding workplace
Help Desk Agent (Current Employee), Columbus, GANovember 18, 2014
the job is mentally challenging, co-workers are great to work with
not a job for a family person
Customer Engineer (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLNovember 13, 2014
this job is very stressful you work long hours and are set up to fail. the metrics they hold you to are not possible to obtain with out fudging the numbers. you are penalized for contractors and how they do their job. they worst part of this job was the manager you could never ask for help with out being them being condescending towards you or complain about one of your team mates to you. the management created a hostile work environment. the only thing that made it fun to work thier was my co workers becasue no matter what happen we could rely on each other to help get the job down.
Productive and fun place to learn new things
C++ Developer (Former Employee), Dallas-Fort Worth, TXNovember 12, 2014
Productive and fun place to learn new things and to explore more on the technologies leant. Very good management and nice co-workers who make a typical day very interesting.
Job is nothing but digging ditches
Customer Engineer (Current Employee), Mobile, ALNovember 6, 2014
Pros: nono
Cons: tons
They need to go out of business . They have owned the industry for many years and bow down to the mighty stock holder. Dont exoect to advance or be anyone at this company.
Enjoyed, and hated I had to leave
Network Analyst (Former Employee), Peachtree City, GANovember 5, 2014
You don't have to take your work home. Pretty cut and dry, if you do your work.
Stay far far away from this company.
Customer Engineer II (Former Employee), VAOctober 30, 2014
Pros: company car and gas card
Cons: unreal hours expected and no respect or support for the tech in the field
This company will work you to death and not live up to anything they promise you when you get hired. Will tell you anything to get you in the door and then just say the rules have changed deal with it. Very poor local management running techs into the ground until they break. Local manager has even said he would rather have willing employees instead of able employees. Another words techs that will put up with whatever NCR dumps on them instead of techs who actually know what they are doing. If anything happens with a customer they will not even investigate it is always the techs fault even if it really is due to lack of training and account support. NCR training on new products is basically watch a Youtube video and good luck. Forget any family time as constant overtime and on call hours are increasingly demanded to meet over promised expectations to customers. Do not believe anything that a local manager promises at time of hire. This can change like the wind and does weekly.
It was a great place to work.
Call Center Care Agent (Former Employee), Peachtree City, GAOctober 29, 2014
Pros: it's a great company
Cons: they changed my 1st shift position to a 2nd shift position.
I loved working for NCR. I really enjoy intercacting with the CEOs that called in to order parts. Overall, it was a great environment to work in.
Great workplace
Finance Analyst (Current Employee), Duluth, GAOctober 24, 2014
I love the laid back culture of NCR and the option to work from home. I have gained a greater understanding of finance and global technology.
Productive and Energetic environment
Material Team Lead (Current Employee), Midland, GAOctober 21, 2014
Pros: some career advances
Cons: very little training
A typical day is researching missing inventory. I learned how to use the Oracle system that we have in place. My co-workers are very knowable and works together as a Team. the hardest part of my job is not having the support from management to complete tasks, I enjoy training others because I had to leaen alot on my own.

About NCR

Want to find NCR? Follow the money. Born during the waning days of the Wild West as National Cash Register, NCR is a leading maker – Read more

NCR Salaries