NCR Employee Reviews in United States

Innovative and Proactive among employees
Administrative Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAMarch 19, 2016
Team player among co workers. Motivators in the area of innovation and community. Management very proactive in getting the job completed. The most enjoyable part of the job my co-workers. They encourage your ideas and pull out your creativity.
Pros
Health community
Awesome
SECURITY ANALYST (Former Employee) –  AGUSTA GAMarch 16, 2016
Awesome place to work and room to grow. A company that cares with fantastic reputation. Leading and committed to employees need..
Interesting work place.
Field Service Dispatch Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMarch 14, 2016
NCR has many departments and all departments are different. I would say my department is the "stomach" of the company because we are there to make sure the customer has what they need to run their business. Some days are harder than some.
Best job ever
NCR - Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  VirginiaMarch 14, 2016
I loved being in the Navy. It gave me a great sense of purpose. My co-workers were like family. The best part was knowing that I have defending my country.
Job consumes a large amount of what should be free time.
Customer Engineer II, ATM (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ILMarch 14, 2016
Great job if you had no other life, I run food donation centers in my spare time and always have to appoint a replacement for myself, But overall the job is challenging and demanding.
Pros
Company car, training provided.
A dying breed of company
Consultant, Corporate Public Relations (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHMarch 12, 2016
I worked for nearly 20 years at NCR in Dayton, Ohio, and watched it burgeon, then slowly shrink away to a completely different company. This was a result of the economy at the time, competition, and management decisions. Overall, a great company to work for. Too bad it's no longer a bastion of Dayton...
productive i enjoy what i do
INVENTORY TEAM (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAMarch 7, 2016
ncr is a great company to work for I enjoy working for them I just wish my pay was better. I'm thankful to have a job but it gets hard some time for me with my husband being sick and not able to work.
Pros
1st shift i like what i do
Cons
i feel as if i am under paid for what i do
easy work place
Technician (Current Employee) –  Peachtree City, GAFebruary 28, 2016
good job if you are just out of high school and looking to get paid, but down side is that they are out sourcing my department
Overworked employees
Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVFebruary 23, 2016
Overworked employees for the company's own benefit. Mandatory overtime is the worst. When I started the number of completion was lower and time moved on in a years time they increased productivity by 50% or more. Employees had to produce simultaneously. Overworked production facility. This is why NCR is in Nevada where it is cheap!
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Low Wages for the type and amount of work.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 22, 2016
A typical day would be going out to stores and check out the problems they were having,troubleshooting, and fix the problem.
Great Job Experience
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAFebruary 17, 2016
NCR is more of the get down and dirty to get the job done but it is all a great experience at the end of the day. You will get an opportunity to learn every aspect of the business.
Pros
Chicken Biscuit Fridays
Cons
Out of Order
Can be a great place to work.
Professional Software Associate Consultant III (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAFebruary 17, 2016
Management is really bad due to so many layoffs.
Work is hard to understand cause they keep changing develpors and there are no Technical writers. Befits are ok. No Bonus in 4 to 5 years now no money is tight. NCR need to provide better service by putting out better software.
Pros
Vacation
Cons
No leadership
Innovative company; nice people but not much growth potential. Transitioning training could be improved.
Sr. Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAFebruary 16, 2016
Overall, NCR was a pretty decent place to work. Great benefits, flexible schedules and very innovative in terms of promoting a self-service environment for their employees.
Pros
Flexibility work hours; good pay & great benefits
Cons
Distance; work life balance needs improvement.
Overall, I was quite pleased with my career at NCR
Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 14, 2016
During my time there, I was fortunate to work for those who I considered to be the best of managers. I applied myself, and my efforts were rewarded, by way of advancement, three different times, by three different managers. Individual accomplishments along the way were also recognized and rewarded.
Co-workers were also a great group to work with.
The hardest part of the job was usually dealing with short development cycles, which kept getting shorter over the years, as the number of engineers on a project continued to shrink, as well.
The positive side was that, in my group, I was usually given first crack at developing a solid mechanical design that we could manufacture at the targeted cost.
Pros
Nice, well equipped building, with a cafeteria, and exercise room.
Gone but not forgotten
Production Specialist / Spray Painter (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSFebruary 13, 2016
A 104 year old company before it was dissolved had actually become perfect. No whistles, no bells, no time clock. You signed in and out. The disciplinary system was unbelievable. If you had children and flu season hit, you would have lost your job before the change. The change was....If you receive 4 incidents you would get a verbal warning; 4 more was a written warning; 4 more was a 3 day suspension; and then you would get fired. But! It took 12 occurrences of leaving early or coming in late before you received a quarter of an incident. So, that comes out 48 occurrences for a whole incident; so, 192 occurrences would get you a verbal warning. Flat tires, doctors appointment, pick up a relative at the airport, sick kids, teacher conferences, pageants, recitals, scouts, over sleeping; yes, life balance was covered. We would meet for breakfast in the cafeteria an hour before our shift started, and you would find the plant manager there having breakfast with the managers. We could plan our day before we went to work. It was stress free. Personnel and Eng. had desks on the manufacturing floor. Problems were addressed immediately. Laughing aloud was allowed. People smiled. Gone but not forgotten. The good ole bad ole days weren't bad at all. We even had one employ in her 80's.
Pros
Union pay
Cons
It's over
Productive, fun place, gym
Sr. Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAFebruary 12, 2016
Nice place to work. the hardest part of the job is separation of duties
NCR give opportunity to learn new technology. Co-workers and friendly and management team are excellent to work with.
Always looking ahead
Technical Support Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Peachtree City, GAFebruary 8, 2016
Good Company with fair compensation and benefits. Constantly looking for ways to improve in efficiency and cost reduction which sometimes does lead to lots of internal changes. If you do not like the only constant being change this may not be the best company for you. Company has a true passion to be a leader in its markets from the top level down which does provide inspiration for employees. In its current atmosphere they are embracing the idea of what millennials are looking for in there working environment.
No Job Work/Life Balance
Customer Engagement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 1, 2016
The best part of the day was when you got off on time. All the overtime you can want. Sometimes it was hard to get the correct working parts need on time.
Pros
Maybe 1 or 2 real lunch breaks a month
Cons
always chasing parts or driving instead of taking a break or a lunch
nice company to work for
Lead QA (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAFebruary 1, 2016
NCR was a very nice company to have worked for, unfortunately due to economic reason it decided to consolidate the workforce to Dallas and I was not able to relocate as the company needed me to.
Pros
a very friendly group, easy to work with
Cons
not too much that I did not like..
Challenging,interesting,socially engaging
Field Engineer RETIRED (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTFebruary 1, 2016
Receive work/ calls via blackberry contact clients schedule calls basically take call-fix equipment-fix customer on to next call etc. Very educational enjoy challenges and clients found to be stimulating. Meet mngr .Monthly or scheduled eat and greet co- worker discuss call experiences fixes and remedies. Traffic in large cities I.E. I-84 ,I-95. Enjoyed clients ,work challenges driving rural new england western mass. Upper state ny,me vt nh
Pros
SEE ABOVE
Cons
SEE ABOVE

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NCR. Our community is ready to answer.