NCR Employee Reviews

Bearable workplace
JAVA/SQL DEVELOPER (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJune 1, 2017
Productive Workplace and good teammates, healthy work environment, able to communicate easily with business and third party clients, interactive discussions
A company in transition
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMay 31, 2017
NCR is an interesting place to work with many talented people. They are the typical hardware company still trying to figure out how to be an efficient modern software company.
Pros
Free soft drinks
Cons
Processes need to be established
NCR is the place for your dreams to come true
Debug Technician (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMay 30, 2017
If your dreams and aspirations are bigger than your current circumstance NCR is the company for you. Focus, Work, Learn and Go Home! If you can master this regimen alongside with showing up on time everyday and actually being a professional adult, sky's the limit here.
Pros
Easy to standout if you handle your business as an adult.
Fun Place
System Analyst (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXMay 29, 2017
I love working for the company but need better compensation. I don't feel like there are enough if any opportunities for advancement. I love the people I work with everyday and it can be challenging sometimes.
Good experience, alot of overtime.
Customer Engineer, Technician (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 27, 2017
It was a great experience working there. My colleagues were very helpful when I started and were always there to lend a helping hand if needed. You had alot of independence working there.
Pros
Independence
Cons
Working weekends
OK starter job
Customer Engineer (Current Employee) –  United StatesMay 23, 2017
Company constantly changes direction/expectations/managers. Have had a new manager every year of my employment. Pay is way below appropriate for responsibilities. Getting training is like pulling teeth. Great position for someone starting in the industry who wants a non-desk job, but micromanaging seems to be their priority. Work/Life balance is non-existent. One call usually every other week, never know when your shift ends, don't know your schedule for the next month until about the last week of the current month, managers treat you like a machine - not a human. Only positive I can think of is you only have to see your boss 1 or 2 times a year.
Pros
Don't have to report to an office; different work/customers every day
Cons
poor pay, poor management, no consistency, poor raises/opportunities for advancement, no work/life balance, no concern that you are a person
Fun, diverse place to work with focus on work life balance.
Software Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMay 22, 2017
Fun, diverse place to work with focus on work life balance
2 Locations local to Georgia, Alpharetta and Duluth
Each location have amenities.
Alpharetta location has a gym and a full court basketball in the parking lot.
not bad
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Westlake Village, CAMay 22, 2017
No much room for growth. Work life balance is excellent but company doesn't seem moving in the right direction. Unless you want something for short term, it is not the place to go
Job Satisfaction depends on line of business
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAMay 22, 2017
NCR is a complicated environment. Your job satisfaction will depend on several factors, including, your personality, how you deal with stress and your personality.

There is a lot of antiquated ideas and technologies. There is a lot of change - if you don't like change, you won't like NCR.

It's a large organization where you will have lots of challenges and room for growth is limited.
ok company
Project Release Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 18, 2017
everyone is passionate about the work and the clients served. great overall ministry with people of great hearts helping those in needs. would recommend
Excellent Benefits, work is reasonable
Customer Engineer II Retail, Networking, Financial (Former Employee) –  SW MichiganMay 17, 2017
With lots of vacation and extra days off, good benefits, etc like many big companies work life balance is not paid attention to at local levels, personnel manning not managed well at lower levels, Many thousands of people at headquarters and offices in Georgia have many perks and quality of life, regular hours, however 7000? plus field engineers throughout the US in various areas (the service being what makes NCR lots of money) are treated almost like military...on call much of the time, many customers have 24 hour service and local managers are overruled when they attempt to make schedules that would distribute the on call and overtime workload evenly and give engineers some quality of life at home with family etc. Not many Saturdays off any more. Work is interesting, engaging and challenging,
Pros
Excellent vacation and benefits
Cons
Schedules that make sure you have no quality time off 9-6pm
Not for the family man
Retail Technician I (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 16, 2017
If you are a single person with no kids, then this job may work for you. You work long hours and on call many nights. Training is a minimum and are thrown into situations you are not trained for. Must have a quick adaptability while working for this company.
Pros
vehicle to drive, gas card, laptop and cellphone
Cons
long hours, minimum training
Communication
Director - Global Customer Fulfillment (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAMay 15, 2017
I've been with NCR for 11 years. One thing that has been consistent from the CEO and executive team is the communication. Company wide emails are sent out a couple times a month on all sorts of topics. There are so many companies where associates have no idea who the executive team is. NCR has fantastic communication all the way down to the field techs.
Pros
Working virtual once in a while is accepted, areas inside/outside the buildings to relaxe and take a break, work out facility in all buildings
Cons
Minimal compensation
Not a bad place to work
Customer Engineer II (Current Employee) –  NCMay 15, 2017
First job out of college in my area of study so not bad considering just starting, although there's not many opportunities to move up & to a higher position & make more money. Definitely not your typical 9-5 job & not much of a work life balance but its getting better. Plan on furthering my education.
good place
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAMay 14, 2017
Not good for long term career they seemed to have issues with orders also. i enjoyed building scanners for them broke my heart when then anounced the laid offs
Pros
no comment
Cons
no comment
A place like no other
ATM Customer Engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 12, 2017
A typical day like any other day goes the same. we are technicians making this happen for both the customer and management. My job is to make sure that people who use convenient ATM are well satisfied with the service we render
Pros
best place to work for if you are a go guy
Cons
Inconsistent hours
Productive and fun place to work.
Server Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAMay 8, 2017
A typical day at NCR consisted of me building server units. I also tested components in the units for failure and replaced them. I learned at NCR wiring, tool use and how to test electronic devices for failure using software. The management there was very good. The management as well as the engineers answered all questions and took an interests in your concerns. The workplace culture was diverse and I worked mostly around my demographic so everybody could relate. The hardest part of the job was having to sometime work longer hours than expected. The most enjoyable part of my job was working among my peers which made it very comfortable for me.
Pros
Good work environment.
Cons
High turnover
Productive and fun place to work
Software Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Westlake Village, CAMay 8, 2017
The westlake office is a fun place to work. My team is great and help each other as required. Manager has been very helpful and has helped me grow my skills immensely.
Pros
Free breakfast, socials, flexible work hours
Not good if you care about family
Customer Enginner II (Former Employee) –  KanassMay 7, 2017
Most upper management has no idea about what the field tech positions entail. They will work you and work you with no balance between work and family. NCR - acronym for No Company Reimbursement. Company owed me for out of pocket expenses and never pay you back. After the run around and losing your receipts and then resubmitting, they tell you that its been longer than 45 days per company policy even though they create the issues that hold you from getting your expense report submitted within 45 days. Great company to have on your resume. Not good for long term employment. They keep the employees that are total liabilities, and get rid of the productive employees that work hard.
Pros
Looks good on your resume for future employment
Cons
Low pay for the skills, generous with vacation except you will never have time to take one.
ok
Field Tech (Former Employee) –  Peachtree City, GAMay 7, 2017
Is a decent company to work for. Long hours but benefits are better then others. Get training system, along with great way to help provide a productive work day,