NCS Employee Reviews

This is a high paced work environment with perks.
CAD Designer/ Checker (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 27, 2017
The typical workday is fast paced. I enjoy working with most of the employees.
I learned a lot about industrial security structured cabling. Management is stressful, demanding.
Workplace culture is a small family owned business.
Most projects are due or past due when you start them.
Management was into sports and allowed us to be involved with fantasy football etc.
Vendors provided lots of breakfast and lunches.
Company sponsored golf tournaments, encouraged employees to participate.
Pros
Free Breakfast and Lunches a couple of times a week.
Cons
Always behind, rushed on a daily basis.
Fun yet Stressful
Collector (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 17, 2017
Its a fast past inviroment where you can make money off bonus as well as competitive salary.. A little on the strict side when it comes to attendance and time on the phone..
Pros
Room to grow
Cons
A little too strict at times
Nice work place
IT Technician Apprentice; Networking Cabling (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 23, 2017
This is a very good company I hate the I left them forore pay because they helped me alot to get where I am not I'm thankful to have working for them & would love to again
Pros
Lunches
Cons
Eveything
Productive place sometimes fun
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Upland, CAMay 16, 2017
Good place to work employee's are friendly but sometimes they pressure you to move at a faster paste and get up set if you don't meet the requirements
Pros
You don't have eyes over your shoulders or someone Pressuring You
Cons
Always in a rush and sometimes miss lunch break
Good
Supplement Distributer (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXFebruary 2, 2017
Great time and great place. It was a constant reminder that a lot of people need help in keeping a healthy life style. This job helped me network and open doors to alot of places
Always felt any da was your last
On-Site Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 31, 2017
This company was god at the beginning until they started trying to crack down on the people out in the field. They stated using an app tat pays you by the .01 of an hr. They would have Christmas parties for the office people and the field people weren't invited. felt in the end that we weren't appreciated or cared about.
Amazing place to work
Part time Senior Mentor (Former Employee) –  Mentor, INJune 15, 2016
I enjoyed working with other members of staff and built good working relationships with them. It was lots of fun working with other people my age, and i benefited from learning and sharing youth-work skills with them. The program is three and a half weeks and consists of two weeks residential where the young people get to do team building activities. The aim of the project is to get young people from all walks of life to engage in social action projects. One of the main challenges was keeping up levels or morale during all four weeks of the program, especially as the young people gt more tired. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to be a part of the young peoples lives, even for a short period, and to encourage them and help them to see all the things they can achieve.
Pros
A positive team of colleagues
ok place to work
Infusion Technician (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 14, 2016
there were many changes with the merge, which made it difficult to know if you were doing your job the way they wanted it to be done.
Pros
short commute
Cons
merge
Best
Senior Field Technician (Current Employee) –  GlasgowApril 18, 2016
I am happy with this company.
Very efficient with time keeping.
up to date information held with the company.
Been in the company for such for long time and still i get lots of appreciation with my work.
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
very efficient with time keeping
Found job very enjoyable, and challenging.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Issaquah, WAMarch 31, 2016
Always looked forward to going into work each day. I really liked my co-workers as well as management. At NCS we worked with Microsoft employees, and I received a lot of good complimentary feedback from them that went to Management.
I also worked with quite a few technicians in other states as well that I became good friends with over the phone.
The hardest part of the job was the technicians were allowed two days to do a request of a phone line(s). Some request would come in that would be from a higher up in MS, and they would want it done the same day or the next day, which was next to impossible for the tech, but we would push, and would really work hard and get it done, but sometimes it was almost impossible.
Most enjoyable, was having the group of people to work with that I did, including the tech's. It was wonderful, I loved every bit of my job. I was learning very day!
Pros
Having the group of people to work with that I had. Learning new things all the time
Cons
Having higher ups call and demanding things with a deadline that was next to impossible.
Good consulting company.
System Analyst/ Project Lead/Quality Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMarch 3, 2016
NCS manges Professionally. I never felt discomfort in my working period. They used to pay good. good. Overall I rate it as a good company.
Productive Training Program
Maintenance Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 23, 2016
NCS is a non-profit program based in New York, to help people from ages 17 to 99+ receive certificates. I attended NCS to receive my OSHA with their 14 week program. My time being there was filled with knowledge of the construction and maintenance industry.
Pros
Helpful Staff, Training
Good environment with good people.
On Site Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 17, 2016
Great technicians but Account Manager that I was under did not appreciate the dedication and devotion to the company. Learned much about the cable industry through other Account Managers that were proactive. Left company on good terms and loved the people I worked with.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Lack of solid Management
Fast paced environment
Escrow Assistant (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAJanuary 18, 2016
My typical day at work is a faced paced environment. It requires attention to detail and very strong analytical and customer service skills.
Pros
Team work
Cons
stressful
Step toward tomorrow
Application Administration Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJNovember 17, 2015
I enjoy working with engineers across Comcast across the country and with having hands on and finger tip knowledge. Step toward tomorrow.
Office Assistant
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NHJuly 30, 2015
Horrible company. Would never work for them in a million years. The owner is so inconsiderate and rude. Treats employees like dirt.
Great benefits, bad policies and management
COLLECTIONS REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Woodinville, WAFebruary 6, 2015
This company has great benefits however they have ever-changing policies, no ability for ANY time off until a year of employment, extreme micromanagement and an commission structure that is changed constantly along with the policies. They do not treat employees with deserved respect.
Pros
healthcare, generous pay, company growth
Cons
employee respect, no real commission structure, no time off
Boss was fair and always asked my opinion
Data Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 5, 2015
Always worked at a fast pace, was left to run projects without any supervision within first yr. Always met due dates. able to work at own pace and never lacked anything
Pros
free lunches and pd motel rms
Cons
n/a
Good Knowledge exposure
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Field Deployment (Anglo Chinese School-Primary)October 27, 2014
Normal word=k of day to day basis, Exposure to day to day learning and different challenge working environment.
still i dont know it
teach arabic (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 18, 2014
still i have no idea about it i dont work there yet
i am writing for that purpose . I want to request further information about this job and whether it is possible to work there
Pros
free lunches
Cons
healthcare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NCS. Our community is ready to answer.