NCS Employee Reviews

Found job very enjoyable, and challenging.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Issaquah, WAMarch 31, 2016
Always looked forward to going into work each day. I really liked my co-workers as well as management. At NCS we worked with Microsoft employees, and I received a lot of good complimentary feedback from them that went to Management.
I also worked with quite a few technicians in other states as well that I became good friends with over the phone.
The hardest part of the job was the technicians were allowed two days to do a request of a phone line(s). Some request would come in that would be from a higher up in MS, and they would want it done the same day or the next day, which was next to impossible for the tech, but we would push, and would really work hard and get it done, but sometimes it was almost impossible.
Most enjoyable, was having the group of people to work with that I did, including the tech's. It was wonderful, I loved every bit of my job. I was learning very day!
Pros
Having the group of people to work with that I had. Learning new things all the time
Cons
Having higher ups call and demanding things with a deadline that was next to impossible.
Always felt any da was your last
On-Site Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 31, 2017
This company was god at the beginning until they started trying to crack down on the people out in the field. They stated using an app tat pays you by the .01 of an hr. They would have Christmas parties for the office people and the field people weren't invited. felt in the end that we weren't appreciated or cared about.
Amazing place to work
Part time Senior Mentor (Former Employee) –  Mentor, INJune 15, 2016
I enjoyed working with other members of staff and built good working relationships with them. It was lots of fun working with other people my age, and i benefited from learning and sharing youth-work skills with them. The program is three and a half weeks and consists of two weeks residential where the young people get to do team building activities. The aim of the project is to get young people from all walks of life to engage in social action projects. One of the main challenges was keeping up levels or morale during all four weeks of the program, especially as the young people gt more tired. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to be a part of the young peoples lives, even for a short period, and to encourage them and help them to see all the things they can achieve.
Pros
A positive team of colleagues
Good
Supplement Distributer (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXFebruary 2, 2017
Great time and great place. It was a constant reminder that a lot of people need help in keeping a healthy life style. This job helped me network and open doors to alot of places
Good environment with good people.
On Site Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 17, 2016
Great technicians but Account Manager that I was under did not appreciate the dedication and devotion to the company. Learned much about the cable industry through other Account Managers that were proactive. Left company on good terms and loved the people I worked with.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Lack of solid Management
ok place to work
Infusion Technician (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 14, 2016
there were many changes with the merge, which made it difficult to know if you were doing your job the way they wanted it to be done.
Pros
short commute
Cons
merge
Strong innovation and new technology
VP, Technology (Former Employee) –  Eagan MNJune 14, 2012
I managed a mixed group of electrical, mechanical, firmware, software and programmable logic developer. I managed a staff up to 57 and a budget up to $6M. The best part of my job was helping the team through a tough technical situation. I loved being very hands on and had the skills form a career designing, releasing, and supporting significant products in each of these area. I really enjoyed by the technical representative to all areas and levels of the company. What I most disliked was the reality of layoffs that came following a merger.
Pros
great work and constant chances to grow and learn
Cons
Great benefits, bad policies and management
COLLECTIONS REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Woodinville, WAFebruary 6, 2015
This company has great benefits however they have ever-changing policies, no ability for ANY time off until a year of employment, extreme micromanagement and an commission structure that is changed constantly along with the policies. They do not treat employees with deserved respect.
Pros
healthcare, generous pay, company growth
Cons
employee respect, no real commission structure, no time off
Best
Senior Field Technician (Current Employee) –  GlasgowApril 18, 2016
I am happy with this company.
Very efficient with time keeping.
up to date information held with the company.
Been in the company for such for long time and still i get lots of appreciation with my work.
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
very efficient with time keeping
Productive Training Program
Maintenance Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 23, 2016
NCS is a non-profit program based in New York, to help people from ages 17 to 99+ receive certificates. I attended NCS to receive my OSHA with their 14 week program. My time being there was filled with knowledge of the construction and maintenance industry.
Pros
Helpful Staff, Training
Good consulting company.
System Analyst/ Project Lead/Quality Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMarch 3, 2016
NCS manges Professionally. I never felt discomfort in my working period. They used to pay good. good. Overall I rate it as a good company.
Nice place to work until you have worked there too long.
Lien Consultant (Former Employee) –  Highland Heights, OHJanuary 5, 2013
I called it home for 12 years. Micro management came into play.
benefits
Cons
pay
Productive workplace
field engineer (Former Employee) –  Fenton ,stokeDecember 16, 2012
refurbing photocopiers/ fixing copiers out in the field.

How to strip and re-build photocopiers and main parts needed to produce the end product of the copy.and learning the theory behind the scenes which the copier does automatically.

Management was poor.

Co-workers were always polite and hard working.

Putting your views forward.

Most enjoyable was re-building the photocopiers. and fixing problem copiers out in the field.
Pros
work hours
Cons
no over time
Fast paced environment
Escrow Assistant (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAJanuary 18, 2016
My typical day at work is a faced paced environment. It requires attention to detail and very strong analytical and customer service skills.
Pros
Team work
Cons
stressful
Professional environment that allows for some advancement.
Collector (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCOctober 10, 2012
Arriving everyday on time and performing the tasks of the job correctly is a must do! Sometimes management have meetings and give us new info, the hardest part of the day is making sure the customers keep their word. Best part of the day is building customer service relationships.
Pros
one hour lunch and 2 breaks
Cons
vacation time
Respectable co but extreme micromanagement
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 7, 2012
Beautiful building. Customer loyalty. Inflexible management as far as sick time, vacation etc. boring industry
Pros
nice clean building. free coffee
Cons
30 min lunches, punch clocks for salespeople !!!!
Step toward tomorrow
Application Administration Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJNovember 17, 2015
I enjoy working with engineers across Comcast across the country and with having hands on and finger tip knowledge. Step toward tomorrow.
Loved working on leading edge technology
Sr. Director of Finance (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TexasFebruary 4, 2014
Great caliber of co-workers, leading edge technology and satisfied customers
Pros
high caliber of co-workers
Cons
no work/life balance
Lots of activities
Compliance Specialist/ Supplier Diversity Advocate (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLMay 13, 2014
In addition to a generally relaxed work environment where there is very little in the way of micromanagment (provided your work is done) there are many opportunities to engage with other employees in activites and professional development organizations such as Toastmasters International or bi-weekly board game Thursdays. There are also annual events such as picnics to meet family members.
Pros
Virtual Work Environment
Cons
Bureaucracy of a large organization
Office Assistant
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NHJuly 30, 2015
Horrible company. Would never work for them in a million years. The owner is so inconsiderate and rude. Treats employees like dirt.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NCS. Our community is ready to answer.