Neal Electric Corporation located in the city of Poway, CA is a leading company in the electrical construction industry. We perform construction of small to large projects in the electrical market. We have an exciting opportunity for the right person that will be providing administrative support for the estimating department.
PURPOSE: Provide direct support to the Vice President of Estimating along with the department that consists of 8-12 Estimators.
- Update & create weekly Volume Tracking and Business Development reports
- Assist in the design of bid proposals & marketing materials for client distribution
- Complete elaborate and time-sensitive prequalification questionnaires
- Maintain confidential internal company information files (CA Contractor Licenses, Financial Statements, EMR rates, MBE Certificates, OSHA Logs, Surety Letters, Bonding Rates, Insurance Certs)
- Deliver, request & process bid bonds from insurance agency for bid proposals as needed
- Responsible for the application, maintenance and renewal of all California city business licenses
- Manage company web-based Bid Board and FTP site
- Utilize wide format printer & scanner to plot, scan and print plans
- Fill out Pre-quals, submit to Owners and Contractors as requested by department manager
- Weekly back-up for front desk receptionist during breaks and lunches
- Maintain office supplies for department
- Daily and weekly research on Dodge Reports website and other various websites
- Performs additional assignments as directed by direct Supervisor
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent is required.
- General knowledge of the various disciplines and procedures utilized by the Construction industry is preferred.
LICENSE: Possess a valid class C California driver's license
SKILLS, PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Adobe, Excel and knowledge of spreadsheet applications.
- Ability to accurately enter data and perform mathematical calculations.
- Able to adjust priorities on short notice, manage interruptions and work well under pressure.
- Ability to timely meet deadlines and coordinate workloads with Supervisor.
- Effective communication, grammar, letter writing, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Must have experience in completing and filing prequalification forms
- Construction industry experience a plus
- Interacts professionally with all company employees and outside persons, such as customers, vendors and professional service providers.
- Ability to stay focused and work without close supervision.
- Works well in a team environment as well as independently.
- Manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination are necessary.
- Mental alertness and good memory is necessary to ensure accurate and thorough completion of work activities.
- Ability to interpret and disseminate complex information appropriate and effectively.
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods and efficiently operate computer, calculator, copier, fax and other business office equipment.
- Working conditions consist of a temperature-controlled office; noise level in work environment is usually low.
Pay: $15.00 to $22.00 per hour depending on experience
Hours: Monday through Friday from 7:30am to 4:30pm with a required meal break of
1 hour and rest periods as required by law.
Dates to Apply: August 29, 2014 until filled
How to apply: Visit Neal Electric’s website at www.nealelectric.com under “careers”
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work performed by employees assigned to this position. This description assists in ADA compliance, and is not intended for any other purpose such as compensation. All employees must comply with company policies and applicable laws. Management retains the right to assign additional duties periodically and the discretion to add or change the duties of this position any time. Minorities and Females are encouraged to apply. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability. Neal Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer.