PAYROLL SPECIALIST-ELECTRICAL CONSTRUCTION (POWAY, CA)
Neal Electric, Corp located in the city of Poway, CA is looking for a Payroll Manager to timely process company payroll and comply with all governmental and union regulations. Maintains personnel records and ensures the preparation and submission of certified payroll. Provides accounting and administrative support to human resources and finance, such as record keeping, file maintenance, HRIS entry, and weekly reports). Performs other accounting and HR generalist duties as assigned by VP of Finance.
- Enters timesheet and equipment information into system
- Reviews timesheet information for inconsistent or conflicting information. Follows up with superintendent for resolution and reconciles payroll entries
- Process corrections and transfers of labor and equipment when necessary
- Assists in the keying of New Hire packets and Terminations into the system and ensures all required paperwork is received
- Prepares manual checks as needed
- Prepare monthly union reporting of benefits and payment calculations
- Prepares and submits approved responses to inquiries from various government agencies
- Coordinates and responds to audit requests
- Prints and processes various reports (internal and external, including EEO, certified payroll)
- Prepares and directs the processing of all W-2's at year end, ensuring accuracy of data and meeting the mailing deadline.
- Processes payroll tax payment to proper agencies and prepares garnishment checks to appropriate recipients
- Respond to employee issues related to payroll matters
- Assists department in carrying out various human resources programs and procedures for all company employees
- Assists in new employee orientations and exit interview process.
- Prepare New Employee Files, files papers and documents into appropriate personnel folders
- Maintains Human Resource Information System records and compiles reports from database as needed.
- Assists HR Director with various research projects and/or special projects.
- Other necessary and required duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting or certificate in human resources management and/or five to seven years of payroll experience or equivalent training is preferred.
- A working knowledge of all federal, state and local payroll regulations is preferred.
- A working knowledge of processing union payroll and compliance matters preferred.
- A working knowledge or certified payroll and labor compliance is preferred.
- General knowledge of the various disciplines and procedures utilized by the Construction industry is preferred.
SKILLS, PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Spectrum accounting/payroll software experience for payroll processing preferred.
- Ability to stay focused and work without close supervision.
- Works well in a team environment as well as independently.
- Ability to accurately enter data and perform mathematical calculations.
- Able to adjust priorities on short notice, manage interruptions and work well under pressure.
- Ability to timely meet deadlines; coordinate workloads with Supervisor.
- Effective communication, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Complies with and maintains company confidentiality practices and policies.
- Interacts professionally with all company employees and outside persons, such as customers, vendors and professional service providers.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and knowledge of spreadsheet applications.
- Manual dexterity and eye-hand coordination are necessary.
- Mental alertness is necessary to ensure accurate and thorough completion of work activities.
- Ability to interpret and disseminate complex information appropriate and effectively.
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods and efficiently operate computer, calculator, copier, fax and other business office equipment.
- Comply with accounting and all other company policies, procedures, as well as all relevant federal, state and local reporting requirements.
Working conditions consist of a temperature-controlled office; noise level in work environment is usually moderate. Neal Electric offers a very competitive pay and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance and 401k.
Pay: Depending on experience
Hours of work: Monday through Friday from 7:30am to 4:30pm with a required meal break of 1 hour and rest periods as required by law.
Dates to Apply: September 25, 2013 to October 4, 2013
How to apply: visit Neal Electric's website at www.nealelectric.com
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work performed by employees assigned to this position. This description assists in ADA compliance, and is not intended for any other purpose such as compensation. All employees must comply with company policies and applicable laws. Management retains the right to assign additional duties periodically and the discretion to add or change the duties of this position any time. Neal Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer