Neato Robotics is developing technology at the forefront of robotics & artificial intelligence.
Our products are designed to free people from household chores and will change how we all look at housekeeping tasks. Our first products, the award winning Neato XV family of automated robotic vacuums, has set new standards for intelligence, ease of use and cleaning effectiveness. The products have been available in retail and online in the U.S. since 2010, and more recently in parts of Europe and Asia. And they are only the first few of many new products to come.
Our team consists of roboticists, mechanical, electrical and software engineers and product professionals who have launched brands that are now familiar names in consumer electronics. Our management team is seasoned in leading startups from early stage to successful multinational enterprises.
We are venture funded with headquarters in Newark, CA. For more information on Neato Robotics please visit our web site at www.neatorobotics.com
We are looking for a talented Sr. Manager of Mechanical Engineering to join our growing Newark, California based team.
Reporting to the Vice President of Engineering, this position requires a technically broad, hands-on mechanical engineering manager to lead a growing team developing our expanding line of innovative products.
The ideal candidate will manage all aspects of mechanical engineering and product design including both new product development and support of our current products.
As a key member of the management team, you will help build Neato into a leading, world-class consumer electronics company.
- Lead, develop and hire a team of mechanical engineers with skills bridging plastic part design, mechanisms, motors, optics, sensors, airflow, thermals, tolerance analysis, tooling, manufacturing test fixtures and documentation.
- Work closely with peers in Software, Hardware, Operations and Product Management to define and develop the next generation of Neato consumer robotic products.
- Support the current Neato products including incremental feature enhancements, cost reductions and response to customer feedback.
- Liaise with Neato and strategic partner manufacturing to ensure that the tests, tooling, component selections, and overall product quality and availability meet all Neato customer and business requirements.
- Liaise with the Neato Quality, Marketing, Sales and Support organizations to ensure that our customers’ expectations are met in a timely and efficient manner.
- Mature the development skills, processes and tools to enable Neato to dramatically scale its business and product line.
Experience and Skills Required
- 3+ years of technical people management experience
- BS or MS in mechanical engineering with 5+ years of mechanical engineering experience
- Broad technical debug skills including familiarity with analog and digital electronics and low-level software.
- Experience with overseas contract manufacturing
- Experience with high volume consumer electronics products and stringent quality requirements
- Self starter with strong leadership, communication skills and demonstrated problem solving ability
- Team player with proven collaboration skills across departments, across companies, and across cultures.
- Strong design sense of good vs bad consumer electronic design
No Employment Agencies Please
Indeed - 11 months ago
copy to clipboard -