Neato Robotics is developing technology at the forefront of robotics & artificial intelligence.
Our products are designed to free people from household chores and will change how we all look at housekeeping tasks.
Our growing team consists of roboticists, mechanical, electrical and software engineering and product professionals who have launched brands that are now familiar names in consumer electronics. Our management team is seasoned in taking startups from early start up to multinational enterprises. Neato has a world-wide customer base, and global partners..
We are venture funded and located in Newark, CA. For more information on Neato robotics please visit our web site at www.neatorobotics.com
The Program Manager will manage the development of consumer robots from concept to product development, through manufacturing and product launch. Duties will include creating and managing project schedules, budgets, specifications, resources, testing, and risk management plans as well as maintaining relationships with internal stakeholders, external partners and vendors. Candidate must have experience with high volume consumer product development involving complex hardware and software integration.
Some international travel is required.
The position reports to the Neato VP of Engineering.
Required Experience & Skills:
Consumer electronics Project Management Background
- BS Degree required;
- Minimum of 7+ years experience in project management in high-tech development
- Experience managing complex multi-disciplinary projects involving internal staff, outside consultants, design firms, and company partnerships
- Experience working with high volume consumer products shipping to international markets
- Experience working with off-shore manufacturers and international partners
- Ability to create and efficiently manage project schedules, budgets, specifications, resources, and risk management plans for complex programs involving hardware, software and mechanical systems.
- Strong verbal and written skills with ability to communicate complex technical concepts
- Great process and documentation discipline including the ability to write and maintain product requirements, engineering specifications, and BOMs
- Familiarity with injection molded plastics, consumer electronics, software test and integration, high volume manufacturing, documentation control, quality control and product testing
- Ability to execute projects to a schedule and negotiate trade-offs between scope, resources, and timelines
- Background in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, or manufacturing engineering
- Experience managing software and hardware integration
- Experience and interest in robotics
- Chinese language skills
- Able to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Self motivated, detail-oriented and organized.
- Excellent communication (oral and written), and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to travel internationally
Neato Robotics does not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies or other employment suppliers. Therefore, any resume received from an employment agency supplier will be considered unsolicited, and Neato Robotics will not be obligated to pay a referral or placement fee.
Please be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship. We are not able to provide work-visa sponsorships at this time.
Applicants must be local to the Greater SF Bay Area. This is not a telecommuting position. This is a full-time regular position in our Newark office —
Due to the anticipated high volume of candidate interest, only selected candidates will be contacted for interviews.