Neato Robotics is developing technology at the forefront of robotics & artificial intelligence.
Our products are designed to free people from household chores and will change how we all look at housekeeping tasks.
Our team consists of roboticists, mechanical, electrical and software engineering and product professionals who have launched brands that are now familiar names in consumer electronics. Our management team is seasoned in taking startups from early start up to multinational enterprises.
We are venture funded and located in Newark, CA. For more information on Neato robotics please visit our web site at www.neatorobotics.com
Neato is searching for an outstanding Senior Quality & Reliability Engineer. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that Neato produces high-quality products. This role will report to Neato’s Director of Quality & Reliability and will help lead the company’s Quality Assurance and Quality Control functions. The work environment is a small, dynamic start-up company that has recently started shipping a product in volume to consumers.
- Develop reliability and Qualification Tests plans
- Perform tests in all phases of the Design cycle: verification at EVT, DVT, and PVT
- Perform tests and qualification of alternate source component during all phases of the product life cycle
- Conduct MTTF, HALT/HAAS stress tests and accelerated tests (ALT)
- Debug skills in Hardware and Software
- Failure analysis and Internal evaluations of customer returns.
- Develop quality activities in support of supplier IQC / OQC material inspections
- Develop quality improvement programs to continuously improve quality
- Experienced with FMEA and capable of running FMEA sessions during the development cycle.
- Familiar with ASTM, IEEE, IEC, JEDEC and Bellcore standards for materials testing and characterization
- Closed loop communications to Neato on all quality activities and risks defined
- Ensure compliance with applicable regulatory and environmental requirements and maintain a record of all applicable certifications.
- Be the focal point with suppliers for root cause analysis and corrective action implementation.
- Lead the effort with suppliers for all First Article Inspection reports and ensure conformance for critical parameters.
- Provide comprehensive Quality requirements for new products starting in the definition phase.
- Work with Neato’s Customer Service team to ensure that defects are properly logged, tracked, and analyzed.
- Help drive product development process improvement within the company
- Work with the product development group to ensure appropriate tests and reliability program are properly documented
- Perform statistical analysis and reporting of customer failures. Drive quality improvement initiatives based on customer failures.
The successful candidate should have 5+ years experience in quality related activities with an electrical, optical and/or mechanical background in the consumer electronics or appliance industry. The candidate must be able to demonstrate experience and proficiency in quality management systems and vendor support programs.
Neato is looking for a resourceful, energetic person that is a self-starter, can communicate well and has good, practical quality discipline. The individual we are looking for will work with our contract manufacturers in China to implement quality processes.
- Strong background in product reliability testing and qualification of consumer products
- Experience with high volume electromechanical products.
- Strong background in Statistical Analysis and Sampling techniques
- Hands on analysis techniques
- Good background in Quality, Mechanical Designs, Electronics designs and Optical designs
- Familiar in initiating SCAR activities with vendors
- Demonstrated success in fast-paced start up environments
- Experience and interest in robotics
- Chinese language skills
BS/BA degree required in EE or ME
AGENCIES: Neato Robotics does not accept resumes from headhunters, placement agencies or other employment suppliers. Therefore, any resume received from an employment agency supplier will be considered unsolicited, and Neato Robotics will not be obligated to pay a referral or placement fee.
Please be eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship. We are not able to provide work-visa sponsorships at this time.
Applicants must be local to the Greater SF Bay Area. This is not a telecommuting position. This is a full-time regular position in our Newark office —
Due to the anticipated high volume of candidate interest, only selected candidates will be contacted for interviews.