Nebraska Book Company

Nebraska Book Company United States Employee Reviews

unproductive and unstable
Accountant (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEApril 30, 2015
Pros: some of the people
Cons: Upper management, money management, no process, poor health insurance, and the bills don't get paid on time.
The culture is unknown. Management is extremely disconnected with what is happening, or their teams are unaware of what the goals are. In either case, communication is very lacking.
Great company to work for as a college student
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee), Lubbock, TXMarch 24, 2015
Worked with my school schedule, very relaxed environment. Management and coworkers were very friendly, tasks were easy and doable. Would recommend for any college student.
A company finding it's Brand.
Regional Manager (Current Employee), Lincoln, NEFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: travel expenses, friendly teams
Cons: uncertain future growth, job security
Neebo is currently restructuring a great deal of it's company and is adjusting with the times of bookstores and the digital age. As with any company, there are growing pains, but I most are waiting to see what direction the company takes with a new CEO.
Collegiate Sportswear
Category Product Manager - Men's Apparel and Hats (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLFebruary 12, 2015
Neebo, formerly Nebraska Book Company, provides fan gear for over 280 collegiate retail outlets. I learned a great deal while employed there.
Excellent Company
Educational Internship- Office Assistant (Former Employee), Steubenville, OHJanuary 26, 2015
Working for this company is very enjoyable. If you like cars it is definitely something to check out. My boss was very supportive and understanding of everything. Flexible hours and a fun place to be employed for!
Non Productive Stressful Environment
Team Leader (Current Employee), Calhoun, GANovember 13, 2014
Hardest part of the the job. Knowing that you work for a Supervisor who is not treating you right.
Run away as fast as you can
Accountant (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEAugust 21, 2014
Pros: the warehouse employees are super nice, along with closer co-workers
Cons: management, micromanaged, stability is scary
The management at this company are in place because upper management liked them. It doesn't matter if they should be managers or are good with people. The management puts you down and nit picks everything. This was such a horrible experience for me that I couldn't even make it to my goal of a year to build my resume. My manager micromanaged by email. Denied my vacation requests. Very Do as I say not as I do mentality. Managers are not on the same page. You feel like you are running around in circles and getting nothing accomplished and are always behind.
Good place to work bad adminstration
Electrician (Former Employee), Lincoln, NebraskaAugust 8, 2014
Pros: laid back work envirorment
Cons: bad management structure, bad health insurance
Was offered and accepted job with criminal history. Was up front on application. Was let go 3 weeks later when background check came back with exactly what I divulged on the application. I even made sure to ask if it was an issue during the hiring process
Worked around school well
Specialist (Former Employee), Ukiah, CAJuly 13, 2014
They worked around my school schedule, except the times when I worked the most were the busiest times of school (finals, etc)
fun fun fun job
Customer Service / Cashier (Former Employee), Detroit, MIJuly 8, 2014
pretty easy going not really big issues just fun in the sun and blah blah blah blah ablha
Productive and fun workplace for college students
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Frankfort, KYJune 1, 2014
Pros: accessible lunch, work hours, campus convenience
Cons: short breaks, slow production during school year
*Enjoyed running cash register
*Great environment for students
*Easy to manage because employees enjoyed their job
Above average warehouse job
Stocker/Picker (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEApril 1, 2014
Pros: minimal supervision, no customers to deal with
Cons: physical job, can get very hectic
I worked at NBC a few times as a temp worker. The pay wasn't great, and I was on my feet all day, but I didn't have to interact with customers, and as long as you get your job done, no one really bothers you. This is a good summer or winter break job for students, although I'm not sure it's something most people would want to do long-term. The floor is really hard on your feet, plus there is a lot of climbing up and down ladders and bookshelves. During the busy seasons, things can get extremely hectic, and there are lots of opportunities for overtime. For stockers, overtime is typically mandatory, but it's optional for pickers. Everyone there is very nice, and the supervisors don't micromanage. I'd say this is an above average warehouse-type job and great if you don't like interacting with customers, but bad if you don't like being on your feet.
Revolving door of management
MANAGER (Former Employee), Detroit, MIApril 1, 2014
Pros: the many connections made with co-workers
Cons: not enough time...
There are many changers occurring. Corporate and middle management have different ideas as to what direction the company's focus should be.
Great managerial experience.
Store Manager (Former Employee), Stillwater, OKMarch 23, 2014
Pros: located next to oklahoma state university's football stadium and basketball arena.
Cons: student employee pool afforded limited availability
This position really opened my eyes to the way business on a corporate level is done.This was also my first job after I graduated from college, so I had a limited perspective on how things worked.

This position helped to improve my knowledge of the business world and sharpened my leadership and client-service skills.

The hardest part of the job was that I had few human resources to work with, as only students applied for my open positions because they were min. wage. and they had limited availability. There was not enough payroll for an assistant so a lot of responsibility was on me - and I had no problem with that.

My management was very hands-off,

The part of the job I most enjoyed was interacting with my employees and my customers while holding down a business.
Only temporary
Cashier (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEJanuary 10, 2014
I worked with Nebraska Book Company when they came to the University of Utah to buy back books. They were really nice to and very accommodating.
Retail
Sales associate responsibilities (Former Employee), New Paltz, NYDecember 9, 2013
I worked here while going to school and luckily the hours were flexible and the management was very nice. The beginning and end of the semester was torture though.
An Amazing collection of staff
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Berkeley, CANovember 17, 2013
A typical day at Ned's revolved around the students, the teachers, and the publishers of maintaining a balance for a well run bookstore. I learned how to balance a safe, how to post sales and run reconciliation and how starting off opening morning could affect the rest of the staff's day. Every one of our staff was experienced and hardworking and versed in front of house and back of house duties and were always willing to help each other out. The hardest part of the job was always rush when 32,000 students flooded the store for their school supplies and we juggled maintaining the store to keep up professional and helpful place for our customers.
working with students and professors
Manager (Former Employee), Farmers Branch, TXSeptember 16, 2013
ordering textbooks and getting all classes adopted. the hardest part of the job was having to work by myself and there being no help.
Fun work place and great interaction with students
Cashier (Former Employee), Marietta, GaJuly 17, 2013
Overall a good place to work and be able to interact with other people
Great coworkers and positive culture
Software Development Supervisor (Current Employee), Lincoln, NEJune 30, 2013
Pros: positive, supporting atmosphere
Cons: pay is not competitive
Nebraska Book Company has a friendly and supportive work culture. IT deadlines tend to be tight but there is a great support network to help accomplish the company goals. NBC is a great place for a motivated team player to make a difference.

About Nebraska Book Company

Nebraska Book Company | Neebo is dedicated to making college - one of the best times in life - even better for students.