Nebraska Furniture Mart Employee Reviews

Most of the people are wonderful to work with except for upper management.
Furniture Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSSeptember 10, 2016
To bonus every month as a salesperson, it is almost like you're set up to fail. You get written up for returns just because customers don't like the furniture or it doesn't match their decor. The survey system is flawed. My direct managers were fantastic, but upper management doesn't care if you have kids at home, they will make you work extra hours every holiday because you work on full-commission and it doesn't cost them any extra money to be there.
A friendly and social place to work.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  The Colony, TXAugust 12, 2016
Greet and direct customers as they enter and exit the store as well as being a presence for deterrence
Maintain vigilance for potential shoplifters and assist Loss Prevention with apprehensions
Assist Loss Prevention with fraud “takedowns” when credit cards are illegally used to obtain merchandise
Responsible for locating and securing merchandise that has been overlooked and tagging that merchandise with security tags
decent place to work and very fast paced
Display Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJuly 15, 2016
A typical work day would be the same everyday, we would get to work at 6 in the morning and stretch. The we would fill the floor for the day before going to our assembly area and assembling furniture to go out to the floor for the rest of the evening. As far as management goes we had nearly no clue about most events happening within the building and it was difficult to get a rapid and clear answer from any member of management.
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
early hours, breaks scheduled 2 hours into shifts, unclear management
Good job Just dont apply for Display. Supervisor is a slave driver and a perfectionist.
Floor Display Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJuly 6, 2016
If you like working in a negative environment where the supervisor hounds everyone everyday and calls team meetings. This place is for you. They give raises once a year and that is based on a performance log that the supervisor deducts points from you throughout the year. So by the time you get your year review, thinking you'll get a raise because of all your hard work and dedication to the company. You will get a cheap raise. This company is always changing the staff hand book and policies. Making new do's and don't rules. I heard years ago when they first opened it was a fun place to work. But thats not the case now. I worked there for a year and decided i enough was enough.
Fast Paced and Productive
Sales (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJune 10, 2016
A typical day consist of assisting customer with decisions by narrowing down options on products based on the customers needs and wants. Expect to be in close connection with customers and vendors as they literally have your direct extension number. The hardest part of the job is coming back from days off only to play catch-up on work. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you exceed customer and client expectations.
Pros
Good Benefits, PTO, Paid trannings.
Cons
Carrot-stick managment relations, Zero upward mobility
Nebraska Furniture Mart
Merchandising Administrator (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAAugust 29, 2016
I loved the 7 years I worked for NFM. I was the liaison between the Des Moines and Omaha stores. I enjoyed traveling for training. Working with both internal and external clients was exciting to me.
Pros
Was the only one in my department, but had great resources
Cons
Felt like thye didn't value you dedication to the company.
Nebraska Furnitue Mart
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  The Colony, TXJune 23, 2016
NFM is a good place to work, however they are just in a transition entering in to a new market and understanding the employee base in this new market.

The culture needs to be adaptive to the new area in which they have entered. They will be fine and continue to grow and be successful.

I feel that they will establish the best culture for their employees
Productive and family culture Environment
Sales (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSApril 28, 2016
I sale furniture. I'm certified to sale in dining, home office, patio, bedroom and clearance furniture. A typical day at work is greeting, qualifying and finding the right furniture for their home. I have a great team and managers that I enjoy working with. We have a family culture environment. The hardest part of the job is working in a competitive environment but I'm positive and do very well for my company. I enjoy helping my customers finding the right product and give them an great buying experience.
Pros
Health Benefits, Matching 401k, 1 hour lunch breaks, and PTO.
Safe and Secure Workplace
Flooring Lead (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJuly 12, 2016
Interacted with customers by the group to fill their order tickets. in the afternoon every Wednesday I had to do a hundred percent flooring inventory for all the rugs carpet and tile over twenty five thousand items. This usually took until Thursday evening. The people were great.
employees made the atmosphere enjoyable
delivery operations coordinator (Former Employee) –  5600 nebraska furniture mart dr., Colony, TX 75056June 8, 2016
Over all good place to work but wanted us to push for payment of money owed to clients. Approach was very unprofessional and include advising customers what will happen if payment plan not set up.
Pros
cook out once a year
Cons
to demanding to be more forceful in collecting
Fun atmosphere
Warehouse Supervisor/Repair Specialist (Current Employee) –  The Colony, TXApril 6, 2016
There is a strong demand for productivity and numbers. I have learned how to manage the employees better. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the immaturity of the employees. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning new things for new positions.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
lack of considerable pay, poor attitude by co workers, and lack of communication
Productivity, always a challenge
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSMay 13, 2016
The job is great all around! The hardest part of the job is teaching the people the knowledge about any product we have.

On any given day I show up to work I walk around my section to make sure everything is up to date, and if it is not to make sure to get the information I need to get it updated.
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  The Colony, TXAugust 21, 2016
I prefer the Kansas store on the way there warehouse is ran. Few issues that the Texas stores warehouse does that makes you want to pull your hair out. Overall a good place to work, better than most benefits and pay.
Production and Performance
Customer Pick-Up Lead (Current Employee) –  The Colony, TXFebruary 27, 2016
A typical day on the pick-up dock, we all come together in the mornings and talk about our overall performance. Such as L-code, miss load and our wait times for the week. I have learned things like, how to tie in and secure loads in the bed of a truck. I've learned how to operate all equipment in the warehouse to perform at a more higher level. The management is great, everyone get along with one another and my co-worker are about the same in some cases. I don't have a hard part about my job, its easy and everyone work as a team to overcome any challenging task. Manager are laid back and flexible about any situation.
Pros
I have Mondays, Fridays and Saturdays off
Cons
Tuesday through Thursday i work 9:45am-9:45pm
Overall ok place to work if you like to work weekends
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 23, 2016
Overall I like the job of helping customers decorate their living space. Wish more staff embraced the culture. PTO is easy to accrue.
Terrible Design Gallery Mangagement
Interior Designer (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 8, 2016
The company as a whole is a great company to work for however, the Design Gallery Manager is not qualified to be doing her job. She is unprofessional, is never around and never has answers to any questions or concerns you might have. The turn over in the department is unbelievable! It is a terrible work environment and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
Great place to work for
FLOORING CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  The Colony, TXJuly 9, 2016
Nebraska Furniture Mart is a great place to work for. They have amazing benefits that are very competitive. The employees are nice and management is okay.
Great place to work for.
Audio and Visual Consultant (Former Employee) –  The Colony, TXMarch 7, 2016
Good opportunities and flexible scheduling with the option
to make a good income. there are plenty of programs they will supply us with for career advancement.
the most enjoyable part of my job is not being surrounded by
negative co-workers but being surrounded by my team players.
A productive and family like environment.
Distribution Prep Specialist (Former Employee) –  Colony, TXMay 11, 2016
Nebraska Furniture Mart was an excellent company to work for and I would recommend it to anyone who's looking to work at a great company.
Pros
Great co-workers.
Cons
There were none.
listening to 70's jams while you work
Tagging Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Colony, TXMarch 12, 2016
Operating material handling equipment to move products
Inspect received product for defects.
Reject defective products and file accurate freight claims.
Identify merchandise on receiving flats and tag merchandise by vendor’s model numbers and PO’s