Nebraska Furniture Mart Employee Reviews

Growing Company with Advancement Opportunities
Warehouse Manager II- Customer Pick-Up (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSAugust 16, 2017
I have worked at NFM for many years, and there have always been advancement opportunities. It is a quickly growing company that provides stability, even during tough economic times.
Pros
Benefits, Pay, Job Stability
Cons
Unpredictable workload
A great life changer
FULL TIME CASHIER (Current Employee) –  The Colony, TXAugust 13, 2017
NFM helps to shape your people personality to come out of your shell and be more of a people person with the community. It helps to build character and integrity.
Good Culture
Receiving Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSAugust 12, 2017
Good culture. The pay is not great.. Management is okay. Job security is good. There is not much of a chance to advance at Nebraska Furniture Mart.
Sales
Appliance Sales (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSAugust 12, 2017
Sold appliances. Very good money for a entry level sales position. Their marketing department brought in plenty of customers to close deals with. Decent benefits.
Some management was not fair, but nice co-workers
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 8, 2017
A typical shift at the mart would either be pretty busy or too slow. I learned lots of stuff about credit and stocks working here. I did not like my manager unfortunately. The hardest part about the job was having upset or rude customers and having to stay calm. The best part was my co-workers.
Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 7, 2017
As a Customer Service Representative I answered phones and helped the customer to resolve issues with their accounts, furniture, and deliveries. I would highly recommend to anyone to work for this company. The management is supportive and encouraging.
Productive and positive work environment
Floor Display Specialist (Current Employee) –  The Colony, TXAugust 6, 2017
Management is very helpful. Doing what we call a take ten before work day starts gets the team on the same page of the day. Very diverse and welcoming environment. We work as a team to make a easy flowing work day.
Stressfull
Warehouse Shop Assistant (Current Employee) –  The Colony, TXAugust 6, 2017
My position was very stressful and due to the lack of good management, made the daily activities a chore. The position did not offer very much ability to advance.
Pretty Decent Pay For What You Do
Computer Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 4, 2017
Easy work, good job security, kind of a grind and the paychecks aren't consistent but its a solid place to work. Would definitely recommend as a job to put you through college but be careful not to get too comfortable for the long term because the future there is uncertain given the issues they've been having with the Texas Store
Pleasant work environment
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 4, 2017
Talking with employees on issues about pay or hours worked.
Helping staff and managers how to navigate timekeeper system.
Preparing for process of payroll with spreadsheet inputs and entering deductions i.e. loans, garnishments to employees accounts.
Adjusting to different manager styles on what they expected of you to do and how to process your payroll with efficient and in a timely time. Job could be stressful at times dealing with managers and payroll manager's work ethic versus your own.
Did like making a employees day happy when all was well with their pay.
good place to work but not long term
Customer Pick up Specialist 1 (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSAugust 1, 2017
Benefits are good but likelihood of promotion or job development is minimal. Competitive pay for most positions. The company values honesty and integrity above all else.
Pros
good benefits
My time there.
Material Handler I (Former Employee) –  The Colony, TXJuly 31, 2017
At first I enjoyed my time at Nebraska, but overtime management made a simple job into a nightmare of constant stress. Turning the simplistic tasks to a major ordeal.
Ser siempre eficiente en el trabajo
Delivery off (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJuly 31, 2017
Ser siempre puntual con la asistencia, siempre ser eficiente en el trabajo, trabajar en equipo,Ayudar a los Demás ser servicial con los compañeros de trabajo aprender rápido y siempre tener calidad en el trabajo es muy importante
Pros
Trabajar siempre en equipo
Cons
Nunca tratar mal a los demas compañeros
Busy and fun place to work.
Seasonal Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cashier, NEJuly 25, 2017
I was a cashier and worked at each of the various stores. I enjoyed working and helping the public with their purchases and any questions they may have had. This was a seasonal position.
Pros
Enjoyed working the public.
Cons
Would have preferred to work a few more hours.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 24, 2017
It was a pretty good place to work, went in every day on time. Every place I work I learn more about communication how to handle people and coworkers better in a positive attitude. Learned more about the safety in a warehouse environment and how to work in a team. They did the best they could with management but some of them didn't do a great job at handling people. We got done way too early with daily work most of the time for a full time job. Hardest part of the job was dealing with the weather whether it was extremely hot out or cold. Plus I'm the type of person that needs a set schedule of work needing to be done for those 8 hours of the day. And they didn't provide that too the fullest for me.
Nice Place to Work
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJuly 24, 2017
Work Day- Selling Appliances with complete customer solution
Learned- Interpersonal/Negotiation Skills
Management- Above average management. Extremely Metric Driven
Culture- Sales people were like family
Hardest Part of the job- Maintaining all Sales Metrics
Most Enjoyable Part of the job- Selling complete customer solution, and the culture
Pros
Hour Long Lunches, Incredible co-workers
Cons
Full Commission Salary
Never worked at a place that treated their sales staff like dirt!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJuly 23, 2017
One: They say the average pay is 55 to 65K. That is suspect. Two: You are graded on sales margin (ok makes sense), surveys which are slanted against you (9 and 10 are the only passing grades), ad ons sales by Guardsman (look them up on bbb), and returned merchandise. They state on huge billboard signs that the customer has 30 days no questions asked, to return items - period. The sales person gets dinged on these. Customer doesn't like the color - ding. Too big - ding. Too little- ding. Not the color I thought it would be - ding. Just doesn't work for me - ding. You can be written up for these dings. Money is good, but beware. Every sales person hates working there, trust me. The joke on the floor is the charts measure how they are going to fire you. You've been warned.
Fast Paced Environment
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  The Colony, TXJuly 23, 2017
Working for this company is very fast paced and a lot of hard work. Everyday you will be put the test. By the end of workweek you will be exhausted but the people working there are good people with a lot of experience behind them. It's very much a family environment.
Pros
fair pay, some overtime, occasianal free stacks
Cons
lot of hardwork, lack of employees
NFM was great at the start
Home Theater Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJuly 20, 2017
Nebraska Furniture Mart was one of the best companies I had every worked for. I along with most of the other members of management were recruited from our previous employers to come open the largest store Kansas City had ever seen of its kind.

The benefits and pay were incredible, the staff was fantastic, the managers were a dream to work for!

However a little over 18 months of being opened the upper management started to reveal their plan that was set in place all along. Every person that was recruited from outside of the company were eventually let go or demoted to sales staff and replaced with Trainees that WE were training to open a new store in Dallas that didn't open until nearly three years later.

To this day some of the sales staff are the same, but none of the original managers are employed there any longer.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Smoking Mirrors
Display Worker (Former Employee) –  The Colony, TXJuly 17, 2017
The managing of operations around the warehouse, dsiplaying of furniture inside the store was very organized. The hardest part of the job was making sure the time displaying the furniture in the warehouse and putting them out on the floor was a time constraint.