Nebraska Medicine Employee Reviews

Benefits are terrible
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 15, 2018
Love the people I work with and the cases I do. A recent Benefit change has made benefits horrible. No significant pay raises in my area. Management struggles with the amount of advancements happening.
Excellent & talented workforce
APPLICATIONS SYSTEM ANALYST / SOLUTIONS ARCHITECT (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 15, 2018
The best Epic organizations have build teams that fully and transparently share information, and this organization is among the top. The inpatient build team members exhibit free exchange of information with the end goal of creating a stable and effective product for end users. The team is smart, upbeat, hungry for knowledge, and forward-focused. Great place to work.
Great People
Epic Ambulatory Go-live Consultant (Former Employee) –  Beatrice, NEFebruary 9, 2018
I enjoyed my time in Nebraska and the staff was very friendly and well prepared for the Go-Live. The support and preparation from the Hospital was very organized and responsive, which and made for a very smooth project.
Disappointing dilemma
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 1, 2018
I relocated to Nebraska for this job, because it appeared so appealing. Unfortunately, the appeal has slowly diminished along with employee benefits, perks and pay.
1) Our health insurance was BCBS in 2017, and now is UMR for 2018. It is definitely a downgrade from higher deductibles to higher copays and now only NE Med is in Tier 1. Our dental also went from BCBS in 2017 to now MetLife in 2018, again a downgrade.
2) Our EIB was eliminated with an increase in PTO accrual to account for the elimination, this is also a downgrade even if PTO is accrued slightly faster.
3) Pay is average at best with insulting 'raises,' if any...
4) Still have to pay for parking (at our own workplace) and still receive no employee discount for food or drinks.
5) Incredibly short staffed in all avenues.
Pros
Experience, diversity, versatility
Cons
Upper management, health/dental insurance, no EIB, parking, average pay, short staffed.
This company does not care about it's employees
PAYMENT APPLICATION ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  NebraskaJanuary 23, 2018
They want you to work your butt off, but they have no incentives for hard workers. They only care about their patients and expanding. They are not a good company to work for and the managers have too many people under them so they don't take time to talk to you or see how things are going.
Pros
Garage parking and pay
Cons
Insurance, no incentives and lack of communication
lack of cultural diversity acceptance
Registered Nurse Medical Surgical Unit 7 Lied (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 11, 2018
They are very unaccepting of different cultures. I was told and hung on the phone for having an accent. provably because they are not very exposed to different English accents among the nursing staff. However, they do have lots of foreign doctors and residents, but nurses are under their orders and cannot hinder or sabotage their job or reputation. In my case as their equal I did not get the same treatment or respect. They see you as less for having an accent or not being robotic like or flat as they al are.
Great work placw
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 9, 2018
If I were to move back to Omaha I would definitely go back to Nebraska Medicine. The best job I ever had there is always over time available if you wanted it. I worked in preop and Pacu so I had no weekends and no holidays.
Summary
Cardiac Monitor Technician (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 5, 2018
The job entails analyzing and interpreting patient heart rhythms, monitoring patient oxygen levels and blood pressures, and notifying the nursing staff of any changes. We also gather, analyze, and interpret cardiac data from holter monitors to create reports that are forwarded to the physicians.
would not recommend
Insurance Prior Authorizations/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  NebraskaDecember 19, 2017
Moral is horrible and I've been told that if we think it's bad in our department it's a lot worse in most other departments. It's expected to do the work of 2 or 3 or more people and be happy about it. It's openly said from the top that if you don't like the way the culture is then this is not the company for you. They've made changes in benefits to accommodate newly hired employees and take away from long term employees.
Nebraska Medicine
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 6, 2017
Multidisciplinary team building and process improvement projects

Majority of members trying to onboard and stay flexible with changes in business model

The people were the most enjoyable part of the job
Pros
major academic/healthcare organization, great pharmacy prices, center for research in the country
Cons
poor access and charged parking for employees
Work
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 20, 2017
Pretty flexible department where I work & diverse which I like. I learned some of the insides of diabetes & how the meds work on the different organs. I learned how diabetes truly affects the entire body.
Pros
Flexible
Productive and Great place to work
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 19, 2017
I truly enjoyed working there. Other co-workers and patients were the best part of the job. I loved my manager, she was very friendly, firm when needed to be, a real person she wasn't fake or put up any masks.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
no discounts on lunch and paying for parking
Discriminatory practices
Cafeteria Worker (Current Employee) –  CafeterOctober 10, 2017
Great place to work if you are white, and don't have a disability. This isn't a good place to work if you have a health issue you may need an accommodation for. In my department, people get fired rather than have a discussion about an accommodation.
Pros
Love working with our patients
Cons
Managers who threaten and bully employees
they had a fun committe that tried to help
SENIOR COLLECTIONS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  NebraskaOctober 8, 2017
The moral was very low. I liked the job but the management was not positive at all. The CEO said in a quarterly meeting you may love Nebraska Medicine but Nebraska Medicine does not love you and you can leave.
Pros
good people worked there
Cons
very low moral and not good
It is an acceptable place to work
Patient Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 4, 2017
I do not believe this is the best place to work. It is definitely not the worst. Compensation should be higher. Need more employees to complete all of the work requested.
Pros
Well Respected Name
Cons
Not enough employees
amazing co-workers, stressful floors
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 3, 2017
great teamwork here, very stressful floors with demanding patients. physically demanding on body also and need to pick up on technological things quickly
Pros
teamwork
Cons
stressful fast pace floors
Goo place
Security Corporal (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 1, 2017
Good place to work. Would recommend the job for anyone to work it . Lots of good training. Has Supervisor I teach Officers on how to defend themselves on any situation that come about.
Pros
Great food
i could only get 70 cases a day completed
Insurance processing associate (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 15, 2017
had to work out of a work q and had to authorize every diagnostice imaging exam had to get 80 cases a day even with same day and emergent cases the work q was split up by alpha
Pros
fast paced and detailed oriented
Cons
the things you can get dinged for
Fast paced environment with room to grow
Emergency Room Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 13, 2017
Everyone who works at NE Med is growing in their chosen field. NE Med had plenty of opportunity to grow and move into multiple different positions while getting a discount at their college or Clarkson college. Working in the emergency room was a fast-paced and high demand work area.
Lots of Management of Animal Colonies
Research Technologist 1 (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 24, 2017
Work lots of odd hours, weekends and holidays because working on research with animals does not run on an 8am to 5pm schedule. I did not enjoy having to work with animals.
Pros
Lots of work and lots to learn on research for cures for current diseases
Cons
Only paid once a month and not very much