NEC Employee Reviews

Excellent benefits and compensation package, good people to work with
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 13, 2014
My tenure at NEC consisted of working in the same office with the same engineer and Operations Manager. This made the work experience not only enjoyable but ensured there was a joint effort for profitability and customer satisfaction.
My typical day consisted of prospecting or prospect meetings in the mornings with proposal generation and follow up in the afternoons.
My sales management was remote and I was self sufficient in responsibilities. I was always the veteran leader who mentored the new sales reps.
The hardest part of the job was finding balance between sales activities (building pipeline) and being asked to be self sufficient with proposal generation. I am good at but sales needs to have go to resources available to have the time to develop new opportunities.
The most enjoyable part of the job is having a deep portfolio of solutions to solve customer's problems and get rewarded for hard work.
Pros
excellent health benefits, computer, cell phone, car allowance, excellent salary
Cons
nothing negative to say about nec
Sales Position
ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 27, 2012
This company will not train you it is all on your own. Many services and products are very complicatedand they only teach you through webinars and then expect you to get million dollar deals. They do not give you anytime to build the relationship with the customer they just want the sale. Goals are unrealistic and mostly unattainable. Managers are pushed hard so they push sales reps even harder. Do not expect long term employment since you compete against their dealers who sell the same equipment at cheaper labor rates. They have had 2 restructures in 1 year. Base pay and benefits are good, but commission are based on gross profit and you never get what you expect.

I would look at other places before looking at NEC. You will not last long.
Pros
base pay and benefits are good
Cons
unattainable and unrealistic goals
Overall, Good place to work.
Wafer FAB Operator II (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAMay 21, 2012
The hours were very consistent and good, with opportunity for overtime. Pay was fairly decent considering the hours(12hr night shift).

The job itself was good and fairly easy, although very monotonous.

3/4 consecutive days work, then 3/4 consecutive days off was nice, although adjusting to normal hours took some practice.

Compensation, advancement, and job security became more at risk as companies business and economy became poor.

Long hours were tough but manageable. Employees take time to get used too (gossip, favoritism), upper management unaware of work floor problems and only see numbers.
Pros
good work hours, uncomplicated work, consistent schedule.
Cons
job security, upper management.
Productive with a strong emphasis on team work
Process Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAJune 6, 2014
Productive with a strong emphasis on team work to achieve the overall goals set by production and engineering management.
Relaxing break intervals encouraging fun physical activities like Ping pong, basketball and running.
The hardest part of the job is getting unclear and incomplete pass downs from one shift to another.
Facing and overcoming new challenges is one of the most rewarding experiences.
My co-workers are always indiscriminately respectful to every individual making it a suitable work environment.
I have learned that safety and team work are the most important aspects of success in a manufacturing environment.
management supported its employees as long as work was completed in timely manner
Administrative Support Specialist- Legal Division (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 20, 2015
-my manager was very supportive and allowed us ownership of our work, as long as we met all necessary deadlines.
-learned a great deal about contracts and contract law.
-enjoyed my co-workers.
-great sense of camaraderie in our department.
-given freedom to make adjustments to any process in order to streamline it, based on our own judgment.
Pros
Supportive manager, close-knit department
Cons
low pay, part-time position, no benefits
NEC was a new experience for me and I enjoyed the time I worked there.
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 25, 2014
Phone systems were a new avenue of education and interest when I signed on with NEC. Things went very well the entire time. My learning was extensive and fast. My understanding of the systems came very clear in a short time. The company unfortunately was forced to lay of 20,000 people because of complications in the manufacturing plants over seas. I was one of which that was laid of. I enjoyed working there very much and all the new experience with something new.
Multitasking required.
Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Irving, TexasJune 2, 2015
A typical day at work as soon as I sit at my desk is training and helping employes everyday through out the day while multitasking. Managing a queue count and upper management needs as best as I can, handling high priority / special incidents sent by my Supervisor and project manager and handling a team leads position.
Pros
Multitasking, schedule, learning skills at the job is good for a career builder
Cons
Underpaid for the job title I've acheived, Management.
Pick another place
SE (Former Employee) –  NYCApril 3, 2013
My biggest challenge with NEC has been your ability to manager your career and the lack of programs that help you manage your own career. There is also no structure around the difference organizations within the company. You know who the leads are, but there really aren't many champions of each group. Every March its restructure time and people are lay off. They preach One-NEC but do not practice it at all.
Pros
big name
Cons
big name but does not mean anything
Great People to work for and with
Training Associate (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 25, 2014
Worked with the training and development division in the aid of offsite installers/2nd business owners.

Enjoyed working with other groups in achieving the best service for this large international phone system corporation.

The hardest part of the job was that there was no training for the employees doing their jobs which hindered many in giving the very best of the service needed for outside vendors.
Great while it lasted
Compliance Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  Itasca, ILNovember 2, 2014
I worked for NEC for over 30 years and have seen a the company go through many ups and downs. The people I worked with were great as well as the work/life balance. However, near the end, as many of my friends were laid off, job security was very questionable. I made a decision to not leave and stay until I was laid off, which was recently. No complaints about the company. It was my decision to stay until it sunk.
Enjoyable work Solid products
Senior Technician (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NYFebruary 19, 2014
It was a rewarding career working with great people and excellent technologies. My area supervisors were always available and provided appropriate levels of support if needed. The best parts of the job was working with new products, the team of technicians, engineers and some really great customers. The job like any could have its moments of anxiety but all in all it was a worthwhile experience.
A leading provider of technology products and solutions
Technical/Proposal Writer (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAFebruary 19, 2015
Management and staff are top-level, highly proficient and knowledgeable. The work environment is professional and well-paced allowing individuals a balanced work/life.
Pros
beautiful high-tech offices, gyms, eateries, balanced work/life
Cons
due to many business, division, department reorganizations job security is lacking.
NEC was a good place to work, with good people working there.
Sr. Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAApril 22, 2013
I learned many things at NEC, mainly in the Systems Administration and Network Administration position. With almost eighteen years at the company, I became quite adept at managing all of the different systems that needed to be taken care of in order to provide the best support possible for the end users.
Temporary work
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORAugust 14, 2014
Worked as a temp on the floor before was offered another position in a different department in the warehouse. Worked independently due to working in the swing shift. Shift offer a sense importance as i was the only one on shift for that department.
Pros
independent working swing shift
Cons
working alone with no help often have to make decisions on your own
Productive and place to growth
Quality Assurance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 28, 2015
Digital Guest Experience is a process of applying digital offers to 7-11 Member/Non Member Transactions by scanning their Member card or entering their member IDs (if members). The Digital Guest Experience process also captures/stores member id and transaction information if host services are offline
REGIONAL SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 4, 2014
Great business processes and sales processes in place. I enjoyed the products, the people and management. Hardest part of the job was keeping up with the amount of products. Enjoyable part of the job was using the selling methodology employed and its success
Pros
great training
Cons
diverse set of products-nec and oem partners
Senior Data Architect (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAFebruary 23, 2013
NEC is a Japanese based company. They tend to take a very long investment in their employees. If you or your group has a bad month you don't have to worry about job security.

Management is very hands-off and will only step in if you have problems.
Pros
great long-term place to work
Cons
lack of support from higher level management
A NICE Company
Electronics Assembler (Former Employee) –  portland,OregonMarch 31, 2015
ran electronics parts through a machine,assembled some parts,dis-assembled some parts,co-workers were OK,BOSSES COOL,pay was better than average,LOVED THE MONTHLY BONUSES and when they would buy the workers cakes,cookies,pies,and donuts every Friday
Pros
longer than average lunches
Cons
a little far(Hillsboro)
business is closed
Accountant of billing accruals (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 12, 2014
Typical day was meet with a supervisor, find out which publication was to be audited. Go through all the records that were submitted by any of the departments that the publication passed through. Record all numbers, formulate and report.
It was a detail oriented job with lots of record keeping.
Call center with few perks
Technical Support Packard Bell (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake CityJuly 16, 2015
Typical work day at a call center. Logging onto phones and engaging with customers on all aspects of home computer troubleshooting.

Co-workers were easy to work with and collaborating on solutions was encouraged by my manager.
Pros
Good People
Cons
Night/Weekend Shifts