NEC Employee Reviews

Account Manager - I have seen better - I have never seen worse.
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 24, 2017
The worse company I have ever worked for. Limited products to sell and those that Japan chose for us to sell did not work. Worse yet, because 3 divisions are responsible for the product more effort is put into the blame game the solving the problem. The client is the one who loses out.

The way to become a manager is to keep quiet and wait for all the intelligent people to move on to better jobs. One bright side is because they are so incompetent there are no processes, so you are limited with bureaucracy.

Don't walk from this company - Run very fast.
Pros
If they ever got their act together a good story to tell
Cons
Management - Especially Senior, Japanese oversight very poor
Competitive work environment
Sales Engineer (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 22, 2017
Most of my day was used to assist the dealer network to ensure a system design and quote were accurate. Over the years I have learned a significant amount of how the sales cycle works.
Pros
Good benefits
Quality people but questionable future as a company
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 12, 2017
My experience with the people over the years whether that person was at top level management or otherwise was always positive. As with any business environment there are times to turn up the output but it's been my experience over the years that management affords the employees a very good balance of work and personal life balance. It's a hard balance to achieve but they do go far to do so.
Pros
Quality human beings
NEC job assessment
IT Desktop Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAApril 11, 2017
NEC provided me to have a great work life balance and taught me how to work solely on my own since the company headquarters is located in Dallas, TX. The culture is not as fast paced and up to date as some of the larger tech companies which was a big change for me when I first started working for them. I came from my previous company that was growing very fast and NEC was at a slower pace than I was used to. Even though I did miss being part of a team environment I did enjoy the fact that I was responsible for providing great support to the 100 employees based in my office.
Pros
work life balance, loved having responsibility supporting the remote office
Cons
slower paced, no bonus, stock, or significant pay increase
FastPaced and productive environment
BusinessAnalyst & Test Lead (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 9, 2017
love the people I work with . learned to work under pressure,
work on multiple projects simultaneously.
Different Roles and Responsibilities. Cool workplace culture
Pros
employee Benefits and People
Work day was routine. Not much challenge. Direct manager great, others were terrible
Senior Technical Writer (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 8, 2017
I enjoyed my job of 30 years!!

I worked under minimum supervision and enjoyed working with my fellow staff members.

I was a part of a RIF. What more can I say? It stinks.
Pros
Open atmosphere.
Cons
No advancement opportunities, building environment is noisy and distracting!!
Highly capable company with a short term direction challenge
Project Management (Former Employee) –  TeleworkerMarch 1, 2017
A highly capable company in the technology sector with capabilities that span a number of older technologies as well as cutting edge ones.Some of the most capable technologies do not get the marketing they deserve. Near term challenge is the conversion from the older technologies to the new ones.
Nice work environment
Executive Assistant/Training and Testing Co-ord (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 19, 2017
I was hired to be the Executive Admin to the SVP/General Counsel and the VP of Human Resourses. Enjoyed the reponsibilities, the people and the work evironment.
Pros
Good benefits, salary and work conditions
Cons
There ware lay-offs every quarter from the time that I started working there.
Good Place to work
Desktop Support Tech (Current Employee) –  Itasca, ILJanuary 23, 2017
Good place to work with good people.that are cordial hardworking and goal getters.Most people are knowledgeable in their varios departments and are always available to be of assistance.
Sold cell phones to major accounts
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJanuary 14, 2017
Gave meetings, assisted salespeople and sold volume phones to top resellers of my profession, becoming the Number one sales rep in the whole company!
Technical Work
Planning & Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Warrenville, ILJanuary 3, 2017
Technical and heavy work load required to be productive and efficient. Good work colleagues. Required to travel as part of work to different parts of the country. Management okay and generally fair.
Work/Life Balance is adequate. And the work itself can be enjoyable.
Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  TaiwanDecember 22, 2016
Below market pay but will tell you they pay competitively. Do not communicate to employees in any way unless something negative happens. Moral is awful within site. Management has a "close our eyes until the problem disappears" attitude because they fear confrontation.
Pros
Work/Life Balance is adequate. And the work itself can be enjoyable.
Cons
Below market pay, almost no way be the Full-time because contract worker more cheap
loved
Solution Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Colinas, TXDecember 8, 2016
A few challenges but nothing major. Great place to work. Great people. Lots of work and lots of variety, which was extremely important to me. You never get bored!
same as previous
Semi-Fab Operator (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAOctober 7, 2016
fun environment, great hours.Daily operations of manufacturing line and all associated pilots per machine. communicating with maintenance staff to resolve issues in a timely manner.
Pros
potlucks, incentive programs, hours, work schedule
Cons
bought out three times.
Wonderful Experience
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 12, 2016
This company was in a new and up coming division. The management was trying to move teams into places much faster than most people wanted to move. My team was a great and I always enjoyed the challenges that allowed me to grow and thrive to be a better manager.
About A typical day at work.
OVERNIGHT STOKER, GROCERY CLERK (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXJuly 23, 2016
Lets me start by saying, I enjoy what I've learned and acquired over the years as an employee. As a manager the only struggle i'd say is dealing with others personal problems. As that being said, I've also had a great experience work with my peers.
The hardest part of my job would be finding time for myself, meaning that I push myself up and beyond the call of duty to make sure work is done right and efficiently.
Pros
I love being a people person
Cons
I hate when the job is done and i have to go home
I enjoyed working at NEC
Material Planner (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 11, 2016
First thing in the morning I would review any back orders I had and take action. Then I would start planning the forecast for next month.
I learned SAP. Management was always there to help. We all worked individually because we had our own products but we also worked as a team my co-workers were the best. Forecast was the hardest because of the market is so unpredictable. It was a good atmosphere for a work place.
Good job
Senior Customer Representative (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 11, 2016
Senior customer service rep. Enjoyed the job, staff changed a lot, Phone and computer experience was good. Learned a lot about promotions for the company
A very professional place to work
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 8, 2016
Enjoyed the experience overall. Market dynamics determined the work environment and load.

Being staff limited allowed us to preform all aspects of project management that would have been in different groups had the market supported a larger staff. Overall a very good experience to have.
high quality is requested
Quality Auditor (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAMarch 10, 2016
Very professionals. Quality culture is a remarkable characteristic in this company, they sell quality. They know how good they are.
One of the best team that I worked with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NEC. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval