NEC Employee Reviews in United States

management supported its employees as long as work was completed in timely manner
Administrative Support Specialist- Legal Division (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 20, 2015
-my manager was very supportive and allowed us ownership of our work, as long as we met all necessary deadlines.
-learned a great deal about contracts and contract law.
-enjoyed my co-workers.
-great sense of camaraderie in our department.
-given freedom to make adjustments to any process in order to streamline it, based on our own judgment.
Pros
Supportive manager, close-knit department
Cons
low pay, part-time position, no benefits
I enjoyed working at NEC
Material Planner (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 11, 2016
First thing in the morning I would review any back orders I had and take action. Then I would start planning the forecast for next month.
I learned SAP. Management was always there to help. We all worked individually because we had our own products but we also worked as a team my co-workers were the best. Forecast was the hardest because of the market is so unpredictable. It was a good atmosphere for a work place.
Multitasking required.
Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Irving, TexasJune 2, 2015
A typical day at work as soon as I sit at my desk is training and helping employes everyday through out the day while multitasking. Managing a queue count and upper management needs as best as I can, handling high priority / special incidents sent by my Supervisor and project manager and handling a team leads position.
Pros
Multitasking, schedule, learning skills at the job is good for a career builder
Cons
Underpaid for the job title I've acheived, Management.
Productive company with great benefits
Service Solutions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 19, 2015
Fantastic group of people to work with. Management was very supportive in the success of each employee. Lots of personal growth available via training and movement within the company,
A very professional place to work
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 8, 2016
Enjoyed the experience overall. Market dynamics determined the work environment and load.

Being staff limited allowed us to preform all aspects of project management that would have been in different groups had the market supported a larger staff. Overall a very good experience to have.
Innovative
senior financial analyst (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 19, 2015
Orchestrating a brighter future - a very forward looking company with excellent values always seeking innovative opportunities to improve upon technologies as they relate to real world problems.
Good job
Senior Customer Representative (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 11, 2016
Senior customer service rep. Enjoyed the job, staff changed a lot, Phone and computer experience was good. Learned a lot about promotions for the company
Trying to find its own
Director, Contracts (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 7, 2015
Needs to find its niche'. It wants to be a Jack of all trades, but is really a master of none. Sales are down. Have large lay-offs.
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
No leadership in sales
Good Job - Depending on what department you're in
Trending and changing
Bonuses

Cons-
Forever changing
Bad management (in some departments)
No training
Overall, Good place to work.
Wafer FAB Operator II (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAMay 21, 2012
The hours were very consistent and good, with opportunity for overtime. Pay was fairly decent considering the hours(12hr night shift).

The job itself was good and fairly easy, although very monotonous.

3/4 consecutive days work, then 3/4 consecutive days off was nice, although adjusting to normal hours took some practice.

Compensation, advancement, and job security became more at risk as companies business and economy became poor.

Long hours were tough but manageable. Employees take time to get used too (gossip, favoritism), upper management unaware of work floor problems and only see numbers.
Pros
good work hours, uncomplicated work, consistent schedule.
Cons
job security, upper management.
A leading provider of technology products and solutions
Technical/Proposal Writer (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAFebruary 19, 2015
Management and staff are top-level, highly proficient and knowledgeable. The work environment is professional and well-paced allowing individuals a balanced work/life.
Pros
beautiful high-tech offices, gyms, eateries, balanced work/life
Cons
due to many business, division, department reorganizations job security is lacking.
Excellent Employer
Telecom tech (Former Employee) –  New york cityJuly 28, 2015
Great Employer with great benefits and great employees, the company did right by you and all of its employees. great Salaries and Excellent Bosses.
Pros
greta overtime and Benefits
Cons
Work hard - play hard is the norm
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 9, 2015
It is a big-small company where you will get the feel of a large corporation but will have the flexibility to stretch and cross reference yourself across functions to expand your learning while delivering quality work!!!
No comments
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bogotá, CUNOctober 23, 2015
I worked in that company long time ago. I have no comments about the company enviorement, it was so good to work with them, I had good coworkers .
Great while it lasted
Compliance Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  Itasca, ILNovember 2, 2014
I worked for NEC for over 30 years and have seen a the company go through many ups and downs. The people I worked with were great as well as the work/life balance. However, near the end, as many of my friends were laid off, job security was very questionable. I made a decision to not leave and stay until I was laid off, which was recently. No complaints about the company. It was my decision to stay until it sunk.
NEC needs a channel
Inside Sales Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 21, 2015
NEC is behind in needing a Channel Distribution Model as all other telecommunications companies have had 90% channel distribution for longer than 15 years.
Pros
great people, great compensation
Cons
no job security
Excellent benefits and compensation package, good people to work with
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 13, 2014
My tenure at NEC consisted of working in the same office with the same engineer and Operations Manager. This made the work experience not only enjoyable but ensured there was a joint effort for profitability and customer satisfaction.
My typical day consisted of prospecting or prospect meetings in the mornings with proposal generation and follow up in the afternoons.
My sales management was remote and I was self sufficient in responsibilities. I was always the veteran leader who mentored the new sales reps.
The hardest part of the job was finding balance between sales activities (building pipeline) and being asked to be self sufficient with proposal generation. I am good at but sales needs to have go to resources available to have the time to develop new opportunities.
The most enjoyable part of the job is having a deep portfolio of solutions to solve customer's problems and get rewarded for hard work.
Pros
excellent health benefits, computer, cell phone, car allowance, excellent salary
Cons
nothing negative to say about nec
Call center with few perks
Technical Support Packard Bell (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake CityJuly 16, 2015
Typical work day at a call center. Logging onto phones and engaging with customers on all aspects of home computer troubleshooting.

Co-workers were easy to work with and collaborating on solutions was encouraged by my manager.
Pros
Good People
Cons
Night/Weekend Shifts
Excellent work evironment. The people were always great to work with.
FACILITIES SENIOR ENGINEER (PROJECT MANAGER) (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAMarch 15, 2015
Excellent working conditions. Cleanroom environment is a very interesting place to work in and see high technology in action.
Pros
benefits, people and working environment
Productive with a strong emphasis on team work
Process Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAJune 6, 2014
Productive with a strong emphasis on team work to achieve the overall goals set by production and engineering management.
Relaxing break intervals encouraging fun physical activities like Ping pong, basketball and running.
The hardest part of the job is getting unclear and incomplete pass downs from one shift to another.
Facing and overcoming new challenges is one of the most rewarding experiences.
My co-workers are always indiscriminately respectful to every individual making it a suitable work environment.
I have learned that safety and team work are the most important aspects of success in a manufacturing environment.