NECCO Employee Reviews

Stressful; Overwhelming
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYSeptember 7, 2017
Not a positive experience; difficult work environment; very poor management; management very difficult to communicate with; poor training; poor communication throughout company
Great place to work.
Foster Care Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAJuly 31, 2017
Like any company, it has its ups and downs, but I love it because NECCO celebrates individuality and truly executes it's brand. I've worked for agencies that talk about "building families" but only tore them down. I love what I do, the children and families I serve, and my team! They are the best.
Pros
Chilled work atmosphere, training opportunities, community events, bonuses
Cons
Wages
Great Company but....
Assembly Line Manager (Former Employee) –  Revere, MAJuly 13, 2017
This company was great to work for but the layoffs were too often. I liked my position and the people that I worked with. It was a great environment and I would be willing to work in the same position although it was not originally what I was looking for.
Pros
Great Company
Cons
Layoffs
Lack of communication across the board!!!!
case worker (Former Employee) –  KentuckyJuly 11, 2017
Biggest mistake of my life leaving my previous job to work here. No training, and the workers were immature and talked about coworkers, social workers, and the foster families they worked with. Very inappropriate conversations took place in the office. I am embarrassed to have worked here and am seriously thinking of leaving them off my resume. The other offices in the community won't even work with them due to lack of professional curtesy on behalf of Necco. Some workers took off over a week every month while others couldn't leave to take their children to the doctor or for themselves for one day. A lot of lies and deception goes on in that office!
Pros
Did get free lunch sometimes, actually seen upper management
Cons
No time for home life, very immature workers.
Wonderful clients, lacks healthy leadership
Therapist (Former Employee) –  FlorenceJune 7, 2017
This office is often very cliquey and difficult. The culture pits employees against one another instead of encouraging others to support one another. No two days are the same, however if you are overloaded and not in the in group, you receive no support and are left to your own devices. The clients are amazing, however they can be needy because boundaries are not encouraged. The hours are flexible, but it is often looked down upon if you take time for your personal relationships.
Pros
Flexibility, you make your own hours
Cons
Unhealthy Culture, Healthcare, No maternity care, promotes weak boundaries, little support, no room for growth
dfdgfg
Line Operator (Current Employee) –  Berea, KYMay 26, 2017
It would be a good place to work if they would help you to get a full time job. and offered befits. I worked their and tried to get a full time job and didn't get any where.
Pros
fgrfgtrtgrgfgs
Cons
fgfgstgrt
No advancement
Case Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Logan, WVFebruary 16, 2017
There is not much room for advancement in this company. They are not helpful, trustworthy, or empathetic to their employees or clients.
A place where you can make a difference.
ASO Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Huntington, WVFebruary 11, 2017
The work occurs in the home working to build families through appropriate parenting education and adult life skills training as well as behavior management of youth and adults. Therapists and mental health professionals are integrated into the program and work closely with direct staff. Management gives fair latitude to do your job, This program has a program of self-care of takes time to have fun together as a team. Co-workers are very supportive.
Pros
Employees are encouraged to put forward good ideas that help the operation of the business.
Cons
Very long work hours in a salaried environment. No overtime pay.
Good work environment
Child Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Pedro, OHDecember 13, 2016
I enjoyed my time working for Necco. My co-workers were pleasant and we always got along. I also thoroughly enjoyed working with the children.
Great people, Management is a little bad.
Foster Care Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAOctober 20, 2016
I enjoy working in Foster Care. No day is ever the same. The only issue I have is that the location I work for has a lot of petty drama.

Want to know more about NECCO?

Ask a question
Work in progress
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 11, 2016
I have worked for this company for a little over a year and think it's a cool place to work. I believe it needs more of a new hire training and better structure to the policy and procedures. Management is not the best but i have had worse.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Management could be more structured and better new hire training.
Necco
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Somerset, KYAugust 24, 2016
To help young youth prepare for their futures and find forever homes. Appearing in court with youth and their families, helping youth who have criminal charges.
Pros
Helping youth find forever homes
Cons
Returnind youth to bio family
Friendly Team Environment
Therapist (Former Employee) –  South Point, OHMay 26, 2016
A typical day consisted of going to the office for morning meetings then going out to visit clients either at home or at school.
Pros
My own office, counseling toys
Cons
Lack of communication, Disagreeing with how a series of cases hav
they offer nothing
maintenance mechanic (Former Employee) –  Revere, MAApril 25, 2016
I was hired to repaire printers
, I fixed 4 that there people could not fix. Once I fixed printers I was put on 5 differant shifts tring to get me to quit ,when I did not quit they laid me off.
Great Place to work
Waffer Man (Former Employee) –  Revere, MAMarch 14, 2016
Loved working here. The hours were convenient for my schedule. Co-workers were friendly. Management was friendly. Position was temporary, didn't work here for long.
Necco in review
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Huntington, WVNovember 14, 2015
Necco is a family friendly company that I truly believe has the community's best interest in mind. The employees in the agency work more like a family with a common goal of providing the best services possible.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
lack of structure
wouldnt recommend
Child Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Pedro, OHNovember 10, 2015
the kids are great to work with but the management isn't that great because they make the job harder than what it really is but being around the kids makes it very well worth it.
Pros
learning to work with people with a disability such as autism
Cons
poor managment
Overworked and underpaid
Therapist/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYOctober 2, 2015
If you want a relationship outside of work, do not work here. I can only speak for the Owensboro and Bowling Green office though. Also, the pay is very low for the amount of work required with no training.
Pros
free lunches; ability to plan own schedule at times
Cons
long hours; unappreciated; low pay
Good Place to Work!
Regional Program Director (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KYSeptember 7, 2015
Cutting edge environment...Hard work with target population. A great environment for this type of work. Positive training and culture.
necco
Skill builder (Current Employee) –  Pedro, OHMarch 3, 2015
typical day we work and play with kids with many different type of mental illnesses. we make sure they are safe and others are safe as well. my co-workers are great its a team effort sometimes you never really feel alone. hardest part of the job to me is restraining don't like doing it but i understand the need. the most enjoyable is watching a kid learn something or doing something they never done before.