NEFCU Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
One of the better banks to work at.
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Long Island, NYFebruary 6, 2015
If if you've been in banking at all, you know it can be very stressful. That wasn't the case at NEFCU. It's very relaxed here but like every job it completely depends on your team. I happen to work with a great branch. The pay is a little low compared to the industry and the PT 19 hours is a joke. They always post new positions which makes moving up in the company quite obtainable.
Pros
Relaxed compared to other banks.
Cons
Low part time hours. Pay is a little low compared to other banks.
I was very productive in saving the credit union funds and very helpful to all employees who contacted me for assistance
Fraud Investigator (Former Employee) –  Westbury, NYApril 13, 2014
I was a valued employee until a new Vice President was assigned in 2012, from there I was no longer valued and was under pressure to resign. I did so recently.You may contact Human Resources Department for further information. I had great co-workers and it was a great place to work until 2012. Although I was an investigator for decades, I learned a great deal about banking fraud and all it entails.
Pros
Great coworkers who were very knowledgable and always were there to assist.
Cons
Salary Time off plans
Nice people.
Investment Representative (Current Employee) –  Westbury, NYApril 30, 2013
Travel to many branches (5). Most days two or three branches visited. There is some support for the program, but the Credit Union is in transition, changing to a sales oriented culture with new sales goals (The investment program is not high on the list) that are overwhelming to staff.
Pros
Good people.
Cons
Too much travel, not enough pressure on acheving referral goals for investment program.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NEFCU. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5