Neff Employee Reviews in United States

Great place to work with friendly people
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 3, 2016
I learned a lot about different aspects of accounting. Got to work with some really great people. It's like working with a big family.
Good Company
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  SCFebruary 8, 2016
I've enjoyed my time here. All about the sales. Good Training. Would recommend for those interested in a sales position.
Pros
Great compensation after entry level.
Cons
Work/Family Balance. Entry level is very "trial by fire"
Productive, Motivated, and High Enegry
Inside Sales Intern (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJanuary 16, 2016
Work with Neff is consistent all day. You stay moving from around 7 to 5 each day. Through this company I have learned various skills around Customer Service, Inside sales, logistics, and management. Management at Neff is wonderful with a supportive and passionate management system. My co-workers are excellent and operate as a team to help accomplish the task at hand. The hardest part of the job is learning the process and various types of equipment and how you can best assist the branch. The most enjoyable part of the job are those who I work with and around and being able to see the projects you are on come from nothing to a building.
Fast-Paced, Competitive
Senior Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCDecember 24, 2015
As a Neff Rental employee, I coordinate co-workers and provide service to customers. I make sure drivers are being used efficiently, while giving the shop mechanics enough time to ensure equipment checks out. I also work alongside the Outside Sales Representatives to provide solutions for customers with questions, quotes and/or problems.
I've grown to understand an abundant amount since starting with Neff Rental. In the beginning, I was a college graduate with no sense of career direction. Through my experience, I have grown into a successful coordinator with an understanding of co-workers and customer service. I have also developed a more knowledgeable understanding of the sales environment and the importance behind customer perception.
Overall, management has been satisfactory. Unfortunately, many of the promotions are minimal based on frequent relocation. The hardest part of my job isn't exactly the job itself, but the constant micromanaging. It makes the job unnecessarily stressful.
The co-workers have been very pleasant to work with. They are open to offer any advice or help without question. They have helped me improve and grow into the role of Senior Sales Coordinator.
The most enjoyable part of my job is the comradery between all the employees. It is almost a family setting given the close relationships built between co-workers.
Overall, I have enjoyed my time at Neff Rental. At this time, I am looking to explore other opportunities to expand my experience.
Pros
Comradery
Cons
Micromanaging causing stress
great job just not enough pay.
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  New Iberia la.70560October 2, 2015
day starts out entering service records that mechanics worked on previously. ordering parts for a 6.5 million dollar fleet of air compressors, welding machines, hand tools such as jack hammers, impacts, recip-saws and air hoist. helped mechanics diagnose equipment. the hardest part of the job was getting parts in a timely manner. the most enjoyable part of the job was customer service. when you help a customer fix there problem and they are satisfied with getting back to work.
Pros
company truck and bonuses
Cons
on call every 4 weeks
great place to work good pay and good people
mechanic (Former Employee) –  pompano beachAugust 11, 2015
a good place to work but requires a good knowledge of diesel engines and hydraulic systems and safety is very important starts early you learn the meaning of work but at the end of your pay period you find it was worth it
Pros
401k
Cons
long hours on your feet
Nice Place
Inside/Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAJune 2, 2015
Neff Rental was very instrumental in teaching me the aspects of the heavy equipment rental business, I moved up the ladder quickly and enjoyed the learning experience. The first manager I had taught me all I needed to know to have a successful career. All of the people that worked within our branch and our region managers were very nice and supportive of each other. I really did not find my job hard maybe I just loved the challenge and worked to succeed in my endeavors. I enjoyed the customers the most in my position.
Benefits
Neff
Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 2, 2015
You work a minimum of 60 hours a week in this position. There is no team atmosphere and the sales guys are allowed to get away with whatever they want. They can cuss out customers and fellow employees and treat you like garbage without anyone holding them accountable.
good place to work
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  CaliforiniaMarch 25, 2015
I only left because I was moving to a new state. Good place to work. I would work there again. Great people in management on the west coast.
The lovely world of Nursing.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, VAMarch 1, 2015
I enjoy caring for others. I find it very rewarding and fun. Being a CNA is a very difficult job, not just anyone can do the job. It takes a special kind of person to do this kind of work.
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TXJanuary 25, 2015
All was good at Neff. Business just got too slow to support the number of employees.
Laid back
Outside/ Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 13, 2014
Great place to work fun environment very cut throat every one was very nice
Long hours great for first year out of College
Sales Coordinator - Customer service (Current Employee) –  VirginiaOctober 9, 2014
Neff Rental is a great starting point for first year college graduates. The starting position offers the employee with the opportunity to handle day to day operational responsibilities. At this position you will wear many hats when interacting with customers and other employees in the branch. Coordination, Outside the box thinking, teamwork, and determination are necessary to succeed at Neff.
Pros
a crash course in real world experience
Cons
long hours, limited holidays, fast paced atmosphere and split second decision can seem overwhelming
Great Job
Heavy Equipment Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXAugust 11, 2014
I Liked working here the job was great there was alot to learn and the co-workers were more then willing to help you
Pros
lot to learn
Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  LouisianaJuly 5, 2014
Work 7-5, on call 24/7 one week per month
Manager great, others not so much
Days are long and can be stressful
Pay is on the lower end
Terrible Culture, Poor pay, and absurd work/life balance
Sales and Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  CAApril 22, 2013
A typical day will consist of working about 10 hours, occasionally without a lunch, and almost always with no break, 6 days a week. Your duties will be described but with minimal training, and the people you work with will probably not care if you're having a hard time with some task.
The company culture, you'll learn, is terrible. There are themes of racism, sexism, and foul humor.
Management will claim to be around to help if you need it, but fail at every opportunity to do so. If you ask for help, you'll be told to either figure it out, multi-task, or try harder. C-Level Management frequently takes the opportunity to chastise the sales team with shame rather than turn the situation into an opportunity or a chance to do better.
At times, the customers will be a pain in the neck, but that's the nature of customers. We are paid to deliver customer service despite them.
Best benefit: Free equipment use.
Also, they have medical benefits, and a semi-decent 401-K.
Pros
free equipment
Cons
people, culture, long hours
Fast paced branch with wonderful co-workers
Branch Administrator (Current Employee) –  Sanford, Florida 32771April 11, 2013
I have enjoyed working for Neff Rental, the co-workers are the very best and the management has been top notch.
there is no hard part of the job I enjoy every aspect of my job and would stay with Neff if I was not relocating to West Palm Beach.
Pros
the support from our corporate office in miami
if you dont have any other opptions
service department (Former Employee) –  phoenixMarch 25, 2013
Only had a pay raise that totaled $5 in 10 years. Service manager wont get parts for the shop cause he's to busy on Facebook or calling friends. Equipment is not in the best shape due to that. Hard to get any shop supplies. The service guys did work good together. They didn't really care about the customers issues.
Pros
uniforms
Cons
worn out equipment
ok entry level job
Operations Manager/Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, flJanuary 9, 2013
long hours low pay, no work life balance, expectations are way too high 60 plus hour weeks
Cons
no breaks and long hours
Closed down 3 branches in a 60 mile radius.
INDUSTRIAL SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALAugust 20, 2012
General equipment rental company. They were strong in the Louisiana market but didn't support the Alabama and Florida markets very well in the 1990's