Neff Employee Reviews

neff rental daily activity
diesel mechanic bumper (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAFebruary 18, 2017
clock in, look on the board for orders, get equipment needed to fix or fill out order, service, fix, take pictures, fill out paper work, turn in information to front counter to rent out to customer
Pros
so many diffrent equipment to learn from, co workers are very helpfull, management is very understnading and easy to talk to
Cons
only so much room for advancement
Professional company
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 8, 2017
Help all employees with any HR issues. I have learned a lot about HR and even got motivated to go to school to get a degree in HR
Great Company
Branch Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Diego County, CAJuly 13, 2016
I enjoyed working at Neff Rental for 11 years, Neff Rental employees are very hard working and wear many hats. You are so busy the day just zooms past. It has a very friendly environment. Everyone is willing to jump in to help where ever needed.
Pros
Overall great company
great service Mgr
Shop Foreman/Lead Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Antioch, TNMay 29, 2016
no chance to advance BS safty meetings salesmen are gods Mgr.Calvin M. is the worst i have ever worked for. has no clue of mechanics he thinks you can wave a magic wrench and fix anything
Process payables and other duties as assigned
Accounts Payable Admin (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, TXMarch 23, 2016
I enjoy working here. The employee moral is great. I need a full time job with benefits. The hardest part of my job is the ReRent logs
the best part of my job is the employees and the commute
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Part time with no benefits
Great place to work with friendly people
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 3, 2016
I learned a lot about different aspects of accounting. Got to work with some really great people. It's like working with a big family.
Good Company
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  SCFebruary 8, 2016
I've enjoyed my time here. All about the sales. Good Training. Would recommend for those interested in a sales position.
Pros
Great compensation after entry level.
Cons
Work/Family Balance. Entry level is very "trial by fire"
Productive, Motivated, and High Enegry
Inside Sales Intern (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJanuary 16, 2016
Work with Neff is consistent all day. You stay moving from around 7 to 5 each day. Through this company I have learned various skills around Customer Service, Inside sales, logistics, and management. Management at Neff is wonderful with a supportive and passionate management system. My co-workers are excellent and operate as a team to help accomplish the task at hand. The hardest part of the job is learning the process and various types of equipment and how you can best assist the branch. The most enjoyable part of the job are those who I work with and around and being able to see the projects you are on come from nothing to a building.
Fast-Paced, Competitive
Senior Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCDecember 24, 2015
As a Neff Rental employee, I coordinate co-workers and provide service to customers. I make sure drivers are being used efficiently, while giving the shop mechanics enough time to ensure equipment checks out. I also work alongside the Outside Sales Representatives to provide solutions for customers with questions, quotes and/or problems.
I've grown to understand an abundant amount since starting with Neff Rental. In the beginning, I was a college graduate with no sense of career direction. Through my experience, I have grown into a successful coordinator with an understanding of co-workers and customer service. I have also developed a more knowledgeable understanding of the sales environment and the importance behind customer perception.
Overall, management has been satisfactory. Unfortunately, many of the promotions are minimal based on frequent relocation. The hardest part of my job isn't exactly the job itself, but the constant micromanaging. It makes the job unnecessarily stressful.
The co-workers have been very pleasant to work with. They are open to offer any advice or help without question. They have helped me improve and grow into the role of Senior Sales Coordinator.
The most enjoyable part of my job is the comradery between all the employees. It is almost a family setting given the close relationships built between co-workers.
Overall, I have enjoyed my time at Neff Rental. At this time, I am looking to explore other opportunities to expand my experience.
Pros
Comradery
Cons
Micromanaging causing stress
great job just not enough pay.
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  New Iberia la.70560October 2, 2015
day starts out entering service records that mechanics worked on previously. ordering parts for a 6.5 million dollar fleet of air compressors, welding machines, hand tools such as jack hammers, impacts, recip-saws and air hoist. helped mechanics diagnose equipment. the hardest part of the job was getting parts in a timely manner. the most enjoyable part of the job was customer service. when you help a customer fix there problem and they are satisfied with getting back to work.
Pros
company truck and bonuses
Cons
on call every 4 weeks
great place to work good pay and good people
mechanic (Former Employee) –  pompano beachAugust 11, 2015
a good place to work but requires a good knowledge of diesel engines and hydraulic systems and safety is very important starts early you learn the meaning of work but at the end of your pay period you find it was worth it
Pros
401k
Cons
long hours on your feet
Nice Place
Inside/Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Brunswick, GAJune 2, 2015
Neff Rental was very instrumental in teaching me the aspects of the heavy equipment rental business, I moved up the ladder quickly and enjoyed the learning experience. The first manager I had taught me all I needed to know to have a successful career. All of the people that worked within our branch and our region managers were very nice and supportive of each other. I really did not find my job hard maybe I just loved the challenge and worked to succeed in my endeavors. I enjoyed the customers the most in my position.
Benefits
Neff
Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 2, 2015
You work a minimum of 60 hours a week in this position. There is no team atmosphere and the sales guys are allowed to get away with whatever they want. They can cuss out customers and fellow employees and treat you like garbage without anyone holding them accountable.
good place to work
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  CaliforiniaMarch 25, 2015
I only left because I was moving to a new state. Good place to work. I would work there again. Great people in management on the west coast.
The lovely world of Nursing.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, VAMarch 1, 2015
I enjoy caring for others. I find it very rewarding and fun. Being a CNA is a very difficult job, not just anyone can do the job. It takes a special kind of person to do this kind of work.
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TXJanuary 25, 2015
All was good at Neff. Business just got too slow to support the number of employees.
Laid back
Outside/ Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 13, 2014
Great place to work fun environment very cut throat every one was very nice
Long hours great for first year out of College
Sales Coordinator - Customer service (Current Employee) –  VirginiaOctober 9, 2014
Neff Rental is a great starting point for first year college graduates. The starting position offers the employee with the opportunity to handle day to day operational responsibilities. At this position you will wear many hats when interacting with customers and other employees in the branch. Coordination, Outside the box thinking, teamwork, and determination are necessary to succeed at Neff.
Pros
a crash course in real world experience
Cons
long hours, limited holidays, fast paced atmosphere and split second decision can seem overwhelming
Great Job
Heavy Equipment Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXAugust 11, 2014
I Liked working here the job was great there was alot to learn and the co-workers were more then willing to help you
Pros
Lot to learn
Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  LouisianaJuly 5, 2014
Work 7-5, on call 24/7 one week per month
Manager great, others not so much
Days are long and can be stressful
Pay is on the lower end

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Neff. Our community is ready to answer.