Neighborcare Health Employee Reviews

Perfect
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 6, 2016
working with different clinics and different employees everyday was superb!

Everyone was great and energetic. always happy to come into work the next day and sad i had to leave.
Pros
staff helps
Cons
scary locations
Great mission, caring and humble leadership at all levels
Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 13, 2016
I've worked for neighborcare for several years and believe it's a great organization to work for with an important mission. Leadership at all levels is supportive and values individual learning and growth.
Pros
Learning environment, mission, people are fun
Cons
Compensation but getting better
New to Neighborcare
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 4, 2016
A typical day at work is pretty busy, sometimes overwhelming. Many of the patients do not speak English at all so that can be challenging with time constraints. The staff is always brainstorming how to be more supportive and managements works hard to make everyone feel heard. The hardest part of the job is being new. People expect you to know stuff and aren't very patient at times. There is room for improvement in terms of training but that is the case most places. When I first began my coworkers complained about working with me and some of the doctors were annoyed. I love the people that I get to meet every day. It's a very diverse environment but there is still intolerance. I learn so much about myself everyday because I feel the work that I can contribute to is important. It's humbling.
Pros
Diversity
Cons
Training
Great nurse role
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 2, 2016
RNs really get to work to the top of nursing scope of practice (patient education, wound care, etc) and build relationships over time with a diverse patient population.
Pros
M-F day schedule, great coworkers, mission-driven teams, never boring
Cons
Can get very busy, patients face a lot of barriers/limited resources
Toxic Upper Leadership Walk Doesn't Match Talk
Intern (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 26, 2016
The Administrative offices are like a sorority where people are in and out of favor quickly. During my brief time, I observed one of the female senior operations leaders saying one thing to a person's face, but then trashing them to a different group of people (this became worse after she didn't get the promotion she expected- everyone was thankful and relieved when this happened. Many people fear this person will intentionally sabotage the person who got the job). This makes things tough for the rest of management to do a good job because they are having to worry about politics. This necessity to pay homage for promotions or upper level jobs has yielded many director level and above positions where the person in them really can't do their job at all, but they pay the right homage to the right person.

They talk about trusting relationships, but this is just talk, especially if you look at the two faced behavior and the way people are talked about behind their backs. When you have people in charge that are more concerned with maintaining their own kingdom instead of getting the best people to do the best job, things aren't going to get done the way they need to.

If Trusting Relationships is really a value, politics should never be in the equation.
Pros
Good mission
Cons
Bad Pay, Sorority Style Operations Leadersihp
Poor management
Patient Service Representative (PSR) (Current Employee) –  Columbia City, WAJune 19, 2016
Poor management / disorganized / little respect for others work / negative work environment created by supervisors . Otherwise great patients and philosophy but poor salary, lots of favoritism. Feel I was lied when I interview for the position and accepted the job.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Overload of work / no recognition
Good organization
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 23, 2016
It is a good place for everyone start a new job in healthcare.
The goal and mission clear and good promotion.
Great team work and friendly
Very busy
Highpoint Dental Clinic (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 19, 2016
Very long busy days, working with residents if they have a no show, they are required to take a walk-in if there is one waiting. If an assistant is extra, she or he may be asked to go to another clinic if they are needed.
Pros
great potlucks
Cons
sometimes no breaks at all.
Mediocre
Certified Spanish Medical Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 21, 2015
Mediocre. Rainier Park, South Seattle. Leadership needs to improve. Very disorganized. Working at this company has it's up's and down's. It needs a lot of improvement,
Pros
Humble staff, nice people
Cons
short breaks, breakrooms are dirty
i love this company
Health Records Scannin Tech (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 13, 2015
The culture working there is so beautifully diverse. i have never worked anywhere like this before. I suggest to anyone with any language.
Pros
Lunches
Cons
travel
Overall a good company to work for.
Billing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 13, 2015
I have learned a lot in my position in a very short time. Expectations are high. It is definitely a production based department that can be very stressful at times. Organization has had a lot of growth over the last two years.
Fast pace, laid back office
Billing and Coding Intern (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 8, 2014
I learned to check for medical insurance through One Health Port, Real time service, ProviderOne, and Next Gen. Input the data to the patients charts. Collected co-pays and co-insurance and recorded transaction.
Pros
pot lucks, long lunch
Cons
healthcare
Culturally diverse and an incredible humble employee community
Maternity Support Services/OB Nurse (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 28, 2014
Great work place where teams of professionals and paraprofessionals work together to provide holistic, compassionate and culturally sensitive health care to a diverse population.
Pros
great benefit package
Cons
long commute for the eastside
Working at Neighborcare
Community Outreach & Eligibilty Specialist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 16, 2014
Good for someone just starting out who wants a warm and supportive environment to learn.
Pros
i have a phenomenal manager who cares about his team and goes above and beyond, co-workers are the best i have ever worked with, they are supportive and dependable and knowledgeable.
Cons
it's not a place that offers promotions unless you are a clinical provider, salary is low unless you are a professional, the healthcare is group health, which is not helpful for people who prefer ppo to hmo.
Grounded
Referral Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 16, 2014
Insurance appeals, processing, customer service, medical records, urgent follow ups.
Caring organization
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 26, 2014
Neighborcare Health treats all of its employee with respect. They listen to what you have to say and encourage feedback from everyone, creating a open and trusting atmosphere.
HealthCare for All
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 11, 2013
Neighborcare Health is great company for those that are just getting into the market for work and graduating from college. They are the ones that will give you chance when all the other companies say no. I learned a lot from working at Neighborcare Health and because of them I was able to advance my career. Your pay is not decided by your manager, it is done by HR and I believe that is fair. Vacation time is plenty, two weeks your first year.
Due to the patient loads Neighborcare Health is very busy and they are a non profit organization that gives to the public, this is something I like. They do try to live within their mission statement.
Pros
clinics, pay, staff, vacation
Mission Driven Not for Profit
Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 20, 2013
Neighborcare Health was a warm welcome after the corporate environments I have worked at in my career. My team is warm, high spirited, works well together. For the first time in my career I am working with people who do not try to blame others for any mistakes. People in this company are accountable for their own actions and the other day one of my team members even took blame for someone else's mistake.
The clinic staff are very busy, this organization provides care to a huge underserved population, most are without insurance, have limited English language skills and are often part of the poorer sections of our fair city. The staff, managers and volunteers I have met are dedicated and incredibly kind to anyone who enters a clinic and no one is ever turned away for lack of ability to pay.
As a non-profit I took a pay cut to join this organization but I understood that going into the job, as a non-profit the organization does not make money and often has to search for extra funding in order to provide the best services to the patients.
It is not the kind of organization that anyone should join, don't work here if you want to make tons of money. Work here for the mission, for the people we serve and the people we are lucky to work with.

Personally, coming from what some may call the soul-less corporate field I only feel the warmth and passion that drives the mission of this organization. I have been just a throw-away number at prior jobs, discounted because of my status. At Neighborcare Health I am valued for my skills and the energy I bring to my job and the organization and
  more... to me, that is worth a bit of a pay cut.  less
Pros
mission, work-life balance
Cons
current location of headquarters, no parking
fast paced clinic, little staff support
nurse practitioner (Former Employee) –  FloatJune 5, 2013
The patients are the best part of working for NC. Schedules are hectic, patient every 15 minutes, most don't speak English and are complicated. Staff seemed over whelmed so you do alot yourself. Great if you wish to work with a wonderful cross cultural population but most providers do 3 days a week or they burn out.
Pros
deserving population to serve
Cons
fast paced clinic
Overall, a good company to work for, however had 5 different managers in a very short period of time
Patient Accounts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 30, 2012
a typical day at Neighborcare Health was always busy. Lots of billing and coding, data entries. Payment postings. Meetings. I learned a significant amount of information regarding different insurance billing procedures, answering phones and helping patients navigate their billing statements. Also for a time did OB/GYN insurance billing. The hardest part of the job was the commute. The best part of the job were my co-workers and the patients I helped along the way
Pros
lots of potlucks and parties
Cons
no internet

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Neighborcare Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Neighborcare Health Reviews by Location