Neighborcare Health Employee Reviews

Disappointing
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 10, 2017
Not enough time to finish your work, end up staying late or finishing at home. Terrible EMR, management making decisions without feedback or if given it is ignored. Really too bad, constantly losing good people because so poorly managed. Most of the support staff is no support, and you end up doing everything yourself, and then some!
Pros
Patients
Cons
Management, pay, Emr
Go Neighborhood Health!
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington StateFebruary 22, 2017
Great organization with a mission serving the under served is a learning opportunity and there is never a dull moment. Unavoidable interaction with a lot of different people. Ma's and Psr's deal with a lot. A fast paced primary care environment using full scope of practice. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the world 8 hours a day. The hardest part...is some of the politics, different kinds of barriers that can disrupt work flow, perhaps procedural, cultural, etc. Workplace culture is often changing and it helps to have tough skin and a big heart.
Pros
Diversity, Using full scope of practice, Progressive and real
Cons
Drama, scratches on your car when you finish work, Lunch breaks
strong team work at Meridian center for health
Administrative Assistant 2 (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 10, 2017
strong team work at Meridian center for health.
not many opportunities.
clinical outpatient services, patient centered.
good work for under served population.
Great Company with good jobs
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 8, 2017
The Job was a great one, a place where I felt that could help others and was fully supported by my employer. I appreciate the opportunity that I had been given and would love to work there again.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Dirty enviroment
Enjoy the team work and accomplishing my individual daily work on time.
Accounts Payable cash Management (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 23, 2017
I have excellent skills, abilities and knowledge from working in diversified cultures and communities through out my employment and personal life. I relate well to people and can multi-task through the day. In problem solving, I resolve to get the accurate information in a timely manner to all parties. A challenge is an opportunity to streamline and think of "how best" to accomplish it. I enjoy working with people each day and creating a contribution to the job.
Pros
Being apart of the support services for our community in a postive way
Cons
time-not enough hours in the day sometimes.
Great Place To Work!
Patient Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 9, 2016
I felt welcome at NCH! They make sure to train you and they take great care of their patients and employees.

I really liked how they took the time to train you instead of just throwing you out there.

I live in Tacoma as well so it was nice of them to give me a bus pass to go up there every day :)
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Great Team
Cons
N/a
Hard working group of people
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 9, 2016
NeighborCare was great in the beginning. Things changed dramatically, revolving door for clinic managers. Staff and management issues were ongoing. overworked and unappreciated feeling felt by many staff.

Hopefully, things will change and management will change.
Pros
casual dress, potlucks
Cons
short breaks, healthcare
Work environment was pleasent
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 17, 2016
Called Medicaid about outstanding claims that had not been paid. Corrected and rebilled denied claims.

Management was there for support. My co-workers worked as team to get claims paid the first time
Perfect
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 6, 2016
working with different clinics and different employees everyday was superb!

Everyone was great and energetic. always happy to come into work the next day and sad i had to leave.
Pros
staff helps
Cons
scary locations
Great mission, caring and humble leadership at all levels
Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 13, 2016
I've worked for neighborcare for several years and believe it's a great organization to work for with an important mission. Leadership at all levels is supportive and values individual learning and growth.
Pros
Learning environment, mission, people are fun
Cons
Compensation but getting better
Highly recommended for Medical Assistants who want to learn skills and gain experience with fascinating patients!
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  45th Street ClinicAugust 4, 2016
I left a CMA position at Seattle Children's Hospital to come work for the 45th Street Clinic and Homeless Youth Clinic 3 years ago. I did take a pay cut but it was ENTIRELY worth it for a variety of reasons. The team of providers, nurses, MAs, lab tech, and admin folks is close-knit, dedicated, and just plain awesome. The doctors and mid-level providers give wonderful care to patients and have been lovely to work with.

Unlike many MA roles offered in hospitals, the one at Neighborcare offers an opportunity to use nearly ALL skills an MA is qualified to perform: blood draws, finger-sticks, heel sticks for Newborn Screening, urine sample processing for UAs, UTOXs, pregnancy; annual tests for diabetes; vaccines for both children and adults; assisting doctors with procedures; instrument sterilization, corresponding with pharmacies about Rxs, rooming, vitals. This was a primary reason I applied to Neighborcare initially and I've learned so much about all of these things.

There has been significant staff turnover and the work environment has at times felt rushed, disorganized, and stressful. That being said, ALL work environments I've been in have had their share of problems and I've found the challenges here to be acceptable. I've always felt supported and heard by management and in my experience they've been incredibly welcome and receptive to new ideas that improve quality of care and ease of getting our jobs done. I've learned a significant amount of Spanish while working here and have met so many wonderful patients from all over the world, from all walks of life. My experience
  more... here 100% helped me get into the BSN program at Seattle University.

I highly recommend the 45th Street Clinic to medical assistants who desire more responsibility and are open to a unique experience.
Pros
Excellent experience with very diverse patient population and responsibilities, valuable experience if trying to pursue other programs in healthcare, the company serves indigent and underserved populations
Cons
Environment feels rushed at times, frequent staff and management turnover, community clinics in general offer lower pay
New to Neighborcare
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 4, 2016
A typical day at work is pretty busy, sometimes overwhelming. Many of the patients do not speak English at all so that can be challenging with time constraints. The staff is always brainstorming how to be more supportive and managements works hard to make everyone feel heard. The hardest part of the job is being new. People expect you to know stuff and aren't very patient at times. There is room for improvement in terms of training but that is the case most places. When I first began my coworkers complained about working with me and some of the doctors were annoyed. I love the people that I get to meet every day. It's a very diverse environment but there is still intolerance. I learn so much about myself everyday because I feel the work that I can contribute to is important. It's humbling.
Pros
Diversity
Cons
Training
Great nurse role
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 2, 2016
RNs really get to work to the top of nursing scope of practice (patient education, wound care, etc) and build relationships over time with a diverse patient population.
Pros
M-F day schedule, great coworkers, mission-driven teams, never boring
Cons
Can get very busy, patients face a lot of barriers/limited resources
Toxic Upper Leadership Walk Doesn't Match Talk
Intern (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 26, 2016
The Administrative offices are like a sorority where people are in and out of favor quickly. During my brief time, I observed one of the female senior operations leaders saying one thing to a person's face, but then trashing them to a different group of people (this became worse after she didn't get the promotion she expected- everyone was thankful and relieved when this happened. Many people fear this person will intentionally sabotage the person who got the job). This makes things tough for the rest of management to do a good job because they are having to worry about politics. This necessity to pay homage for promotions or upper level jobs has yielded many director level and above positions where the person in them really can't do their job at all, but they pay the right homage to the right person.

They talk about trusting relationships, but this is just talk, especially if you look at the two faced behavior and the way people are talked about behind their backs. When you have people in charge that are more concerned with maintaining their own kingdom instead of getting the best people to do the best job, things aren't going to get done the way they need to.

If Trusting Relationships is really a value, politics should never be in the equation.
Pros
Good mission
Cons
Bad Pay, Sorority Style Operations Leadersihp
Poor management
Patient Service Representative (PSR) (Current Employee) –  Columbia City, WAJune 19, 2016
Poor management / disorganized / little respect for others work / negative work environment created by supervisors . Otherwise great patients and philosophy but poor salary, lots of favoritism. Feel I was lied when I interview for the position and accepted the job.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Overload of work / no recognition
Good organization
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 23, 2016
It is a good place for everyone start a new job in healthcare.
The goal and mission clear and good promotion.
Great team work and friendly
Very busy
Highpoint Dental Clinic (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 19, 2016
Very long busy days, working with residents if they have a no show, they are required to take a walk-in if there is one waiting. If an assistant is extra, she or he may be asked to go to another clinic if they are needed.
Pros
great potlucks
Cons
sometimes no breaks at all.
Mediocre
Certified Spanish Medical Interpreter (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 21, 2015
Mediocre. Rainier Park, South Seattle. Leadership needs to improve. Very disorganized. Working at this company has it's up's and down's. It needs a lot of improvement,
Pros
Humble staff, nice people
Cons
short breaks, breakrooms are dirty
i love this company
Health Records Scannin Tech (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 13, 2015
The culture working there is so beautifully diverse. i have never worked anywhere like this before. I suggest to anyone with any language.
Pros
Lunches
Cons
travel
Overall a good company to work for.
Billing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 13, 2015
I have learned a lot in my position in a very short time. Expectations are high. It is definitely a production based department that can be very stressful at times. Organization has had a lot of growth over the last two years.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Neighborcare Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Neighborcare Health Reviews by Location