Neighborcare Health

Neighborcare Health Employer Reviews

Culturally diverse and an incredible humble employee community
Maternity Support Services/OB Nurse (Current Employee), Seattle, WAJuly 28, 2014
Pros: great benefit package
Cons: long commute for the eastside
Great work place where teams of professionals and paraprofessionals work together to provide holistic, compassionate and culturally sensitive health care to a diverse population.
Working at Neighborcare
Community Outreach & Eligibilty Specialist (Current Employee), Seattle, WAJune 16, 2014
Pros: i have a phenomenal manager who cares about his team and goes above and beyond, co-workers are the best i have ever worked with, they are supportive and dependable and knowledgeable.
Cons: it's not a place that offers promotions unless you are a clinical provider, salary is low unless you are a professional, the healthcare is group health, which is not helpful for people who prefer ppo to hmo.
Good for someone just starting out who wants a warm and supportive environment to learn.
Grounded
Referral Coordinator (Current Employee), Seattle, WAMay 16, 2014
Insurance appeals, processing, customer service, medical records, urgent follow ups.
Caring organization
Dental Assistant (Former Employee), Seattle, WAFebruary 26, 2014
Neighborcare Health treats all of its employee with respect. They listen to what you have to say and encourage feedback from everyone, creating a open and trusting atmosphere.
HealthCare for All
Former Employee (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJuly 11, 2013
Pros: clinics, pay, staff, vacation
Neighborcare Health is great company for those that are just getting into the market for work and graduating from college. They are the ones that will give you chance when all the other companies say no. I learned a lot from working at Neighborcare Health and because of them I was able to advance my career. Your pay is not decided by your manager, it – more... is done by HR and I believe that is fair. Vacation time is plenty, two weeks your first year.
Due to the patient loads Neighborcare Health is very busy and they are a non profit organization that gives to the public, this is something I like. They do try to live within their mission statement. – less
Mission Driven Not for Profit
Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee), Seattle, WAJune 20, 2013
Pros: mission, work-life balance
Cons: current location of headquarters, no parking
Neighborcare Health was a warm welcome after the corporate environments I have worked at in my career. My team is warm, high spirited, works well together. For the first time in my career I am working with people who do not try to blame others for any mistakes. People in this company are accountable for their own actions and the other day one of my – more... team members even took blame for someone else's mistake.
The clinic staff are very busy, this organization provides care to a huge underserved population, most are without insurance, have limited English language skills and are often part of the poorer sections of our fair city. The staff, managers and volunteers I have met are dedicated and incredibly kind to anyone who enters a clinic and no one is ever turned away for lack of ability to pay.
As a non-profit I took a pay cut to join this organization but I understood that going into the job, as a non-profit the organization does not make money and often has to search for extra funding in order to provide the best services to the patients.
It is not the kind of organization that anyone should join, don't work here if you want to make tons of money. Work here for the mission, for the people we serve and the people we are lucky to work with.

Personally, coming from what some may call the soul-less corporate field I only feel the warmth and passion that drives the mission of this organization. I have been just a throw-away number at prior jobs, discounted because of my status. At Neighborcare Health I am valued for my skills and the energy I bring to my job and the organization and to me, that is worth a bit of a pay cut. – less
fast paced clinic, little staff support
nurse practitioner (Former Employee), FloatJune 5, 2013
Pros: deserving population to serve
Cons: fast paced clinic
The patients are the best part of working for NC. Schedules are hectic, patient every 15 minutes, most don't speak English and are complicated. Staff seemed over whelmed so you do alot yourself. Great if you wish to work with a wonderful cross cultural population but most providers do 3 days a week or they burn out.
Overall, a good company to work for, however had 5 different managers in a very short period of time
Patient Accounts Specialist (Former Employee), Seattle, WANovember 30, 2012
Pros: lots of potlucks and parties
Cons: no internet
a typical day at Neighborcare Health was always busy. Lots of billing and coding, data entries. Payment postings. Meetings. I learned a significant amount of information regarding different insurance billing procedures, answering phones and helping patients navigate their billing statements. Also for a time did OB/GYN insurance billing. The hardest – more... part of the job was the commute. The best part of the job were my co-workers and the patients I helped along the way – less
Casual Friendly Atmosphere
CPC (Former Employee), GeorgetownFebruary 26, 2012
Pros: blue jeans allowed
Cons: short breaks
Casual Friendly Atmosphere,nice work space.Alot of management support.Low pay and lots of backlog.