Neighborhood Centers Inc. Employee Reviews

Productive and Fun
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 31, 2017
I've worked with with them for four summers and I can honestly say the company has taught me many things along side being an independent leader and team player.
Pros
Great work Environment
Cons
traffic getting to work
Fast pace environment with lots of tech issues.
Tax Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 31, 2017
As a manager I had to work over 40 hrs a week consistently. Very hard to process customer transactions with tech failures. Upper management was aware of issues but asked that we worked around them.
Cons
No breaks.
Productive place, love the families
Student Support Services (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 30, 2017
Overall everything was good with the job, working with low income families is a joy and very helpful for them, just be careful to not let the employees use you.
Help others
Program Assistant/Service Connector (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 23, 2017
It is constantly evolving in response to the larger story in the Houston region, and that story right now is about hardworking, low-income families moving up the economic ladder, and achieving greater opportunities. This is where we share our thoughts and views on the bigger story — on the policies, decisions, events, actions, and everything around us that impacts our communities.
Pros
Being able to help people.
Cons
Grant funded
Good place to work diverse location
Disabilities Mentor Teacher (Former Employee) –  TexasMay 18, 2017
Good place to work diverse management at the time enjoyable agency encouraged staff to be successful outside training was always encouraged. Job is good when you know you have reached and meet the needs of the families
love assisting parents and students
ADMINSTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 15, 2017
helping students and parents is what I loved the best from this job. I learned how to care for the my own students schooling. great atmosphere. being able to work with the community was also a big plus for me.
Great Mission but Horrible Execution
HEAD START TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 2, 2017
Neighborhood Center, Inc. is a great beast in the fact that takes on homelessness, refugee families, persons with no healthcare and food shortage. But these successes are only made possible by the misuse and abuse of their hard - working teachers.
We are treated like children ourselves and are given so much work that our personal families begin to suffer.
The managers and office staff have so much more autonomy and ability to celebrate with the CEO and big wigs. We are forever cooped up in a classroom with work up to our foreheads and no break.
Pros
Free tax assistance with the company
Cons
short breaks, over worked, no upward advancement
Neighborhood Center
Director of Facilities (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 12, 2017
This is your typical non-profit specializing in many areas of disadvantaged families and children in Houston Texas and the surrounding areas. There corps competency neighborhood centers but chose to get involved in WIC Program for Women, Infants, and Children, Charter Schools, Banking, Immigration, and business assistance programs for immigrants stretching their resources thin.
I love the people and their culture.
Field Director Fellowship (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 2, 2017
I would love to work here, but I was just a volunteer. Although it seems employment is preferred for Hispanics. Hard to enter unless recommended. Overall what the centers do for their community is immeasurable. If you get the chance to work here. Go for it. Good luck.
Friendly environment and good people
Advanced Certified Tax Preparer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 24, 2017
Neighborhood Centers Inc has highly educated professionals who know how to lead with patience and a lot of courtesy. They consider your home location when placing you at jobs, and they try to work with you as much as possible to make you successful.
Pros
I like working with the people and interacting with both clients and supervisors. Also, I am learning a lot.
Cons
It is a seasonal job.
Great community feeling
Community Youth Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 23, 2017
It is a great place to learn and gather your self as an individual. You can gain many needed tools for any work place and love what you do. you are surrounded by people who do care.
Neighborhood Centers Inc.
COMMUNITY RESOURCE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 14, 2017
This is the best place that I have ever worked. I was very excited to have the opportunity to work with so many intelligent and hard-working people. Their was opportunity to move up into management and plenty of ways to serve the community at large.
Pros
opportunity to move up for the company
Cons
I workes way more then 40 hours a week
Terrible place
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 26, 2017
They pay different salaries for different centers, unorganized, no way to move up. Nobody listens to you. Hate this place.
Pros
Cater to low income families
Cons
Low pay
Workplace
HR (Former Employee) –  BISSONETTEJanuary 23, 2017
- Poor culture
- Favoritism at every level
- Don't practice what they speak
- Lacks integrity
- Nice honest people work the hardest
- Depressing
- Managers take advantage of employees.
Social Service
Pre-k Teacher (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 28, 2016
Provides case management to families, including completion and updating of strengths And goals assessments and Individualized Family Partnership Agreements the provision of Social Service referrals including follow-ups and any assistance related Head Start
Family Social Worker. - Provides families with information and access regarding community services and resources.
- Maintains confidentiality and a professional demeanor
Enjoyable Environment
Teacher-Fourth Grade (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 30, 2016
The students were always willing to learn and it made the job enjoyable. The co workers were a great group of teachers. I learned how to multi task times 20.
Fast paced environment
Career Office Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 26, 2016
Worked in conjunction with office manager to oversee line staff of 55-75 employees and provide quality customer service and career guidance to customers in a high volume, fast paced environment; daily foot traffic was 800-1600
Pros
9/80 Schedule
Cons
Lots of varied work
Special Education Teacher Asitant EC-12 (Former Employee) –  HpustonNovember 16, 2016
Fun and productive place to work .Management is strict and the student are loving and caring. Enjoy taking students on outing within the community's setting
diversity is welcomed!
Youth Program Compliance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 7, 2016
You meet great people along the way. This is a large company with so many locations throughout Houston. They are very big on diversity and embracing cultural values.
ehh
Community Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 27, 2016
I enjoyed the first couple of months there but it was extremely unorganized and I was often stressed. The job required me to do alot but was not paying me alot. The community center I worked at catered to Hispanic people and no one else. I did not feel welcome.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Neighborhood Centers Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Neighborhood Centers Inc. Reviews by Location