Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP) Employee Reviews

They do not micromanage
executive assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 5, 2017
They treat people unfairly. The work environment is stressful and sometimes your work can go unrecognized. I like the fact you are not micromanage. However, if you are not favored you will be treated differently.
Pros
They do not micromanage
Cons
Treated unfairly
No Job security
Private N/A (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 3, 2017
Great company , excellent benefits, but there's no job security due to financial problems. They are laying off workers. Supervisors with no leadership or education.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 15, 2017
Very intelligent people work there. Very nice work environment! I love coming in to work every day. The culture that they have established there is one I hope to take to my next company.
stressful with complex cust calls, lack of management empathy towards their employees
CSC (Former Employee) –  Somerville, MAApril 6, 2017
you are on the phone all day with limited break and lunch time. The management team's expectation of your performance is beyond any realistic achievable point. You're trying so hard to please so many customers who are unhappy about their health coverage or billing inquiries. Ironically, the only good part about this job was the fact that you are looking forward to the weekend for a break in contrast of looking forward to a great day at work without constant reminders that you didn't follow certain procedures. the work load is overwhelming as your supervisors expect you to know every single answers by heart. Only if you were a robot, but even robots will malfunction when their memory is overloaded. in other words, not a great work place who put their employees first!
Pros
weekends off
Cons
short break, lunch, constant critics from management
Strong teamwork among management and general staff
Managed Care Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 6, 2017
Highly competitive enviroment, great advancement opportunities. Good communication and interpersonal exchange departmentally and beyond.

Light atmosphere, good rapport with my team.
Hardest part of the job was when it rained, my desk was beside the window.

Enjoyed my job, loved informing and helping clients, learned so many other very useful skills.
Pros
The amount of information and skills that can be gained and utilized in other job capacities.
Cons
Pay could be better.
If you can, Don't
Clinical Support Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 4, 2017
If you can avoid working here, please do. Favoritism is the way to move up in the company. And if you are not, then your job is in danger. More work than the descriptions and no increase in pay.
Great place to work to start customer service career
Customer Service Professional (Current Employee) –  Somerville, MAMarch 23, 2017
Great place to work to start customer service career. There's growth within company but for people with kids there's no flexibility. But still great company to start.
Benefits
Cons
Short breaks, not flexible
Great people run by bad people
Clinical CMA coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 10, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed my time here but the HR department is managed by a very unprofessional women. I was terminated because she communicates with former colleagues and they teamed up to hack my Facebook and resulted in my termination. I had no NHP colleagues linked to my fb so it was an internal bashing. They have since slandered me on any reference requests. Stay away if you want to have any opinions that differentiate from there own.
Benefits
Cons
Headhunting HR culture
Changing Company Culture
Individual Contributor (Former Employee) –  Somerville, MAMarch 1, 2017
NHP is making a lot of the right changes to become more profitable but it has become a very difficult place to work with constant changing priorities, changing leadership, etc.
Pros
Lots of opportunities to grow, excellent benefits, ability to work remotely
Cons
no worklife balance, constant changing priorities
Undergoing many changes currently
Registered Nurse Case Manager RN CCM (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 24, 2017
Too many recent changes to comment.
Very tough guidelines to meet.
Work with a great bunch of colleagues
Amazing cafeteria with many food choices.
Excellent benefits.

Want to know more about Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP)?

Ask a question
Decent place to work
Onsite RN Case Manager at MGH (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 22, 2017
I had a good experience working at NHP as an onsite RN CM. However, there were issues with the director of CM and providing autonomy for the middle manager to exercise their management skills.
No employee rec at the time of my emploment
Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAJanuary 30, 2017
A typical day I would process about 100 claims, I learned that the claims dept. didn't know as much about claims I brought many codes to their attention the hardest part employee felt threatened . the older employee was not ready for change
Pros
Christmas bonuses
Cons
to many job turnovers
Nice Company - but things are changing
Business Intelligence Analyst and Engineer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 30, 2017
Financial woes are adding stress to the working environment. The culture is changing. The move to somerville means no offices for any of the employees. This means that all C-level staff are in cubes - which seems strange. Not sure how that will work.
Pros
Nice health benefits; flexible work opotions
Cons
Financial woes
Fun and Diverse Workplace
Provider Enrollment Coordinator I (Current Employee) –  Somerville, MAJanuary 23, 2017
The diversity and culture of this company is what makes it different from any other I've worked for. In some cases, it's more like family than just an employee. Getting along with your coworkers is an important aspect.. everyone is willing to help the other learn more and advance more. There's lots of room for growth and movement in this company.
Pros
Easy work environment and options to move around the company.
Cons
Commute
Fun work place, great diversity, and job support
Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 16, 2017
NHP is a great organization to work for; they provide work and life balance flexibility. The employees are respected and valued, because is a small company we know most people's names.
i'd rather not
csp (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 11, 2016
Everyone seems so nice when your in training, but once you hit the cs floor ALOT people (Especially New hire Manager) barley say hello and give that stupid look unless your liked by them.. this place is nit for everyone.
Can be a challenging company
Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 24, 2016
Use to be a very close knit company, but changed to a more Corporate America company, many politics and very hard to get leadership to see the issues with management.
Benefits
Cons
Politics
Caring Company
Customer Service Research Team (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 29, 2016
Neighborhood Health Plan is a good place to work. The supervisors care about you and your growth within the company. They have a lot of company wide celebrations where you get to meet different people in the company that you don't work with day in and day out.
Great mission and diversity of associates
Research and Policy Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 31, 2016
*Typical day at work is project/deadline driven
*Learned a great deal about policy and community based projects
*There needs to be a nearly complete assessment of management effectiveness, professionalism and qualifications.
*Co-workers are outstanding and hardworking
*Hardest part of job is collaborating with management to get projects done.
*Most enjoyable part of job is knowing your projects are making an impact on both providers and community
Nice Place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 16, 2016
Nice place to work. People are nice and the location is great. Supervisors always willing to help teammates. They have lots of incentives as well

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP). Our community is ready to answer.

2.7