Neighborhood Health Plan of Rhode Island Employee Reviews

This USED to be a great place to work
Claims (Current Employee) –  Smithfield, RIMay 23, 2016
Neighborhood used to be a real good place to work. it was like family. Its a big company now and All new management that don't communicate important info.
Pros
anniversary lunch, medical benefits
Cons
Micromanaged, lower pay scales, outsourcing work, small work space, corporately run
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIAugust 8, 2013
I enjoyed my time there very much! Fun people, great working environment.
Rewarding career serving underpriviledged community in RI
MEMBER SERVICES SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIApril 19, 2013
As a member services specialist, it is my duty to resolve any and all issues concerning our members to ensure that they are satisfied with their insurance. I have learned many skills including communications, follow up, and technical competencies in the medical field including medical billing. My co-workers work together as a team along with my managers. The job itself if challenging, but that is the most rewarding part.
Pros
team oriented department, sense of accomplishment in resolving issues
Cons
strict time schedule
great place to work
Claims Analyst II (Former Employee) –  Providence RIMarch 16, 2013
processing claims, taking calls from providers. learned a lot about the health insurance industry. had great coworkers.
A very friendly working environment with a great medical staff from which to learn from
Student Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIMay 22, 2012
On a standard day I would arrive and work on drug/formulary review material which was required of me on a weekly basis. I was also assigned various drug information questions which were delivered to me daily. Twice a week I would travel to a local community health clinic with another pharmacist to meet with patients and review their current medications. Other tasks that I may have been assigned on a typical day revolved around becoming familiar with the managed care aspect of pharmacy (i.e. prior authorizations, formulary decisions, sending out informational material to providers).
Pros
friendly environment, knowledgeable staff, quality learning experience
Cons
very demanding at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Neighborhood Health Plan of Rhode Island. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2