Neighborhood Health Plan of Rhode Island

Neighborhood Health Plan of Rhode Island Employee Reviews

Rewarding career serving underpriviledged community in RI
MEMBER SERVICES SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Providence, RIApril 19, 2013
Pros: team oriented department, sense of accomplishment in resolving issues
Cons: strict time schedule
As a member services specialist, it is my duty to resolve any and all issues concerning our members to ensure that they are satisfied with their insurance. I have learned many skills including communications, follow up, and technical competencies in the medical field including medical billing. My co-workers work together as a team along with my managers. The job itself if challenging, but that is the most rewarding part.
great place to work
Claims Analyst II (Former Employee), Providence RIMarch 16, 2013
processing claims, taking calls from providers. learned a lot about the health insurance industry. had great coworkers.
A very friendly working environment with a great medical staff from which to learn from
Student Pharmacist (Former Employee), Providence, RIMay 22, 2012
Pros: friendly environment, knowledgeable staff, quality learning experience
Cons: very demanding at times
On a standard day I would arrive and work on drug/formulary review material which was required of me on a weekly basis. I was also assigned various drug information questions which were delivered to me daily. Twice a week I would travel to a local community health clinic with another pharmacist to meet with patients and review their current medications. Other tasks that I may have been assigned on a typical day revolved around becoming familiar with the managed care aspect of pharmacy (i.e. prior authorizations, formulary decisions, sending out informational material to providers).

About Neighborhood Health Plan of Rhode Island

The overall health of the people of Rhode Island is overseen by the Rhode Island Department of Health, which is overseen by a – Read more

Neighborhood Health Plan of Rhode Island Photos