Neighborhood Healthcare Employee Reviews

Pays good, bad managements and Leads
MA (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CASeptember 26, 2016
This company pays good, very fast pace and don't even have time to take breaks. Very minimum coverage at times, MAs have to work alone with their provider with a very busy schedule. It doesn't matter if you're a slow worker, are late, call sick or leave early all the time. As long as you don't gossip, be respectful, and polite, you will have a job forever. Furthermore, those are the only qualities you'll need for advancement. Getting to work on time, not calling sick, hard work, and years of experience mean nothing to Management. Is all about favoritism to climb the latter.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Weekly meetings, bad managements, no PTO if call in sick, you're in trouble even with a Drs note.
Amazing clinic, Doctors and patients. Horrible management and workers
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAAugust 15, 2016
This place can make or break you. All depends on how well you are taken in. Girls are very jealous and gossipy. Management tries but doesn't succeed. Work hard and it'll pay off.
Great environment to work
PURCHASING AND CONTRACT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CADecember 7, 2016
Nhcare is a warm inviting place to work. Everyone is helpful and goes above and beyond to help their fellow co-workers or patients. Their mission to help the uninsured and underinsured goes beyond just healthcare. I've seen some true Hero's working within the walls of that organization.
Pros
Great mission, Great Employees
Great place to build experience and to grow within.
Psr/MA (Current Employee) –  Peds/pntlAugust 14, 2016
I love working here, management is awesome, advancing is pretty good. The coworkers are all fun to work with, and they have programs for different positions to help us succeed and earn that title. (MA, INTREPERTER, SUPERVISOR) ETC... flexibility to the max. ..love it here
Pros
Leadership, coordination, potlucks, team work, weekly meetings.
Cons
None.
Good place to learn the basics of insurance billing.
Hospitalist Insurance Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAFebruary 7, 2013
This company was a good place to start my career as an insurance biller. Though I was layed off only a year into my career, I learned quite a bit as an intern then employee of Neighborhood Healthcare. I didn't only bill for hospitalist claims, I also answered the phones and took payment for accounts from patients; there was also quite a bit of A/R billing. I had very good co-workers; some that had been with the company for at least 15 years. The hardest part of the job was time management, there was a lot that we had to do in a short amount of time which included closing all accounts by the beginning of the following month. The most enjoyable part was reaching my personal goals, whether it was closing on time or getting a past due payment from the insurance company. I really enjoy what I do.
Pros
pot lucks, christmas parties, good benefits
Cons
constant management changes
Unorganized, Unjust Management
CSS (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CAJuly 25, 2016
Unorganized, Unjust Management. The company is more concerned of making money than actually helping patients and employees
Cons
CHRO is unreasonable and unjust, this affects all of the employees org wide.
Bad place to work.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Menifee, CAJanuary 21, 2016
My experience started off great..the patients are humble people..the majority of the coworkers are amazing people..the values and mission of the company are good..it's only until your orientation period is up that problems start happening and you're fired and don't pass your probation. HR has no control. What the providers say, goes so if a provider doesn't like you, you're out the door. Petty girls will ruin your job if you upstage them and do a better job than they do. There's a few bullies in there. Good luck!
Pros
Great company
Cons
Management isn't very good, especially hr.
Horrible place.
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAAugust 14, 2015
I only was employed here for a month. Although the other PSR employees were helpful, friendly, and very compassionate to help me succeed in training, the supervisor WAS NOT. I had a medical issue where I missed 2 days of work, returned back WITH a doctors note. Two days later they fired me for not having "good" attendance. Supervisor was NOT compassionate, nor understanding of my medical issue, and didn't even give me a chance to continue my employment. Apparently it's more important for me to drive to work with my blurred vision, being light headed, and feeling like I was going to pass out, then to seek medical attention. So please, if you decide to apply here, have a back up plan/job because they will fire you, even when you have proof and documentation. Inconsiderate management.
Pros
Friendly co workers!
Cons
Horrible inconsiderate supervisors.
Security Management
some1 employed there (Current Employee) –  variousJuly 1, 2013
Security management really bites.If U were instructed to do an emergency lock down since the police r U looking 4 some1. Then management finds out U did they get all mad at U . Security management don't know nothing about security bi-laws that are in the Security testing to get your guard card.Some of the employees are back stabbing especially when you are interactions with them or patients,then they get on your case for doing your job.When U asked if you can do something that is right and they whine like babies since you do something but in their eyes you didn't all wrong.
Pros
K, $
Cons
Security Management really sucks including others
hostile work environment
PSR (Former Employee) –  Escondido Valley ParkwayMarch 8, 2014
The first day of work there as a PSR was very unprofessional, they did not expect me that day. The PSR lead was extremely rude, did not want to train anyone. The site manager based my work off my "style". HR was NOT confidential, Site Manager was not either, after a meeting with Site manager about harassment, the manager told the other PSR's and throughout my time there it was a lot of retaliation.
Pros
pot lucks
Cons
no breaks, poor management, unprofessional work place
Great mission
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAOctober 18, 2015
The organization has an incredible mission in providing excellent healthcare to the most in need. Passionate and hardworking staff, leadership a bit dysfunctional.
Pros
The Mission
Cons
Leadership
Excellent work experience
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lakeside, CAFebruary 6, 2013
Most enjoyable is working with the patients and learning from the doctor and staff.
Learned working of community clinic.
As well as working in a labs, and doing blood works.
Follow protocol & procedures of back office.

Enjoy my co worker and management.
Very nice offices and a company that is still in business.
Managed Care Customer Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FloridaMarch 21, 2012
A professional environment and beautiful offices to work in. Supervision is clear and concise of the values of the business and communication this to the employee.
Great Place to work
Patient Service Representative/Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CADecember 22, 2014
I could never say anything negative of this place it was one of the greatest experiences I have had and wouldn't it change it for the world.
Productive work place i learn new things everyday
Internship/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CADecember 11, 2013
I am a volenteer here and i love coming in,the ladies are so nice and customer service is the number one thing in our office.All the doctors are great everyone
full of experience
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 6, 2014
NHC was a great place for me to gain additional experience. There where multiple clinics there. The Staff was very friendly and welcoming.
Cons
high turnover rate

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Neighborhood Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8