Neighborhood Healthcare Employee Reviews

Great company to work for
Lead (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CASeptember 26, 2017
I was employed here and I loved it! Great work environment. We have grown so much and our excellent quality care has expanded to other clinics in Riverside County.
Medical Provider Review
Medical Provider (Current Employee) –  Temecula, CASeptember 7, 2017
Neighborhood Healthcare is a great place to work. There are many opportunities for growth if the employee chooses to advance. The company offers training to all employees including providers. We have a great management team who takes on challenges everyday and takes on a professional role to fulfill their responsibilities. We have a great support staff in each department that works well among their culture by providing team work and communication.

The hardest part of this job is knowing the dishonesty employees have to say about the clinic and about loyal employees to the company. If you are unhappy look for another job.
Employees may leave the company under many circumstances but the company will keep united and work together to serve their patients.
The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that we have given 100 % in our job to serve our community and their needs.
This company is a great place to work it is the confidence in yourself that will take you to succeed within the company.
Pros
Medical Benefits, Friendly Staff, Time Off, Pay
Cons
Work place is limited
Support and areas for growth
Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  East San Diego, CASeptember 5, 2017
It was a great experience working for NHC. As a supervisor, I was supported by staff and management team in which we were able to do a great improvement in overall performance and productivity. I have enjoyed seeing everyone working as a team, putting the respective patients as a priority and working hard to achieve our goals and the five values we all agreed on: Generosity, compassion, above and beyond, teamwork and Integrity.
Productivity
Nurse Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Smithfield, RIAugust 28, 2017
Great place to work. Awesome people to work with. Np negative things to say. I am always looking for more and I am interested in management/leadership position. As a result I am open minded, but I enjoy the work environment and the people I get to work with.
Long ago
Billing coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 27, 2017
I worked for NHP 16 years ago for 12 year
When I worked there is was just starting up
We had great noses, CEO and Cod where very
In tune with the employees
Pros
Breack
I enjoyed
Front Office Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Murrieta, CAJuly 16, 2017
Was there for less than 1 year. I enjoyed working at my clinic and staff. Clinics in the San Diego County get more attention than Riverside. I do however feel they are aware of this and seem to be slowly moving towards focusing on Riverside more. Admin is great to work with. The communication in the Billing department could be better. Sites compete too much with each other when we should all work as a team, despite your location. Hard to trust some managers or supervisors, but as long as your team stays strong, everything works out well. I had to move but will miss my clinic, supervisors and staff.
Employees are passionate about helping the underserved in the community. Neighborhood Healthcare is really making a difference.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CAJune 24, 2017
I learned a lot as a new Medical Assistant! Starting pay is impressive $17.00 per hour. Was surprised at how much fun employees had at the yearly Employee Recognition Ceremony. Good food.
Pros
Great medical benefits
Cons
Not enough PTO. It would be great if they gave you an extra day off during the year to volunteer.
Large progressive non-profit community clinic where patients are their primary concern.
Billing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAJune 12, 2017
I was a billing supervisor for a large non-profit healthcare clinic. My duties included management of accounts receivables, insurance submission, software support and training.

Neighborhood Healthcare provided me with multiple business training courses.

The support I received from my director allowed me the opportunity to achieve more than the goals set for me.

I retired in 2005.
Unfair Working environment
RDA (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAMay 16, 2017
The hardest part of the job is dealing with the main assistant in Pauma Clinic. If this person doesn't like you , consider yourself out of this job, ( That's how a Doctor DDS. and me, ended up resigning from this job). And i learn that even if you work hard and do your best in this habitat you will get nowhere).
Productive clinic
NP Student (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 10, 2017
• Assessing, treating and managing acute and chronic musculoskeletal conditions including observing multiple joint injections, manage chronic pain
• Family Practice setting treating adolescents to geriatrics including well and chronic conditions
Fast-paced work environment
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAApril 8, 2017
The workflow at the site is a fast-paced one, there is always something to do. The training is pretty far fetched they limit you to what your job entitles you to but not more. The hardest part of working there was that the workflow needs improvement and the customer service needs improvement greatly. The supervisors are inaccessible or hard to communicate with them. I loved being at the clinic because I loved being able to work with people and helping people. In the 11yrs I worked for the organization I learned the medical jargon, medical procedures, and what medications are used for and their names by brand and generic.
Pros
Potlucks
Cons
Favortismum
Politcal Workplace
Manager (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CAMarch 9, 2017
Don't make the mistake of working at this place especially in a management position very high turnover rate with very little positive feedback or any feedback for that matter. For the compensation and the political atmosphere makes for a detrimental career move.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Low compensation, Politically driven enviroment and poor management
Small some what innovative company that needed to cut cost in order to do well.
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 22, 2017
Lots of adhoc analysis and updated current financial models. Easy to work with the people there and they were willing to accommodated any request you had. Felt that the they had a bad plan for personal cost and could of done more to reduce cost.
Pros
Small comapny, lots of exposure
Cons
did not manage there cost well
Great environment to work
PURCHASING AND CONTRACT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CADecember 7, 2016
Nhcare is a warm inviting place to work. Everyone is helpful and goes above and beyond to help their fellow co-workers or patients. Their mission to help the uninsured and underinsured goes beyond just healthcare. I've seen some true Hero's working within the walls of that organization.
Pros
Great mission, Great Employees
Pays good, bad managements and Leads
MA (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CASeptember 26, 2016
This company pays good, very fast pace and don't even have time to take breaks. Very minimum coverage at times, MAs have to work alone with their provider with a very busy schedule. It doesn't matter if you're a slow worker, are late, call sick or leave early all the time. As long as you don't gossip, be respectful, and polite, you will have a job forever. Furthermore, those are the only qualities you'll need for advancement. Getting to work on time, not calling sick, hard work, and years of experience mean nothing to Management. Is all about favoritism to climb the latter.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Weekly meetings, bad managements, no PTO if call in sick, you're in trouble even with a Drs note.
Amazing clinic, Doctors and patients. Horrible management and workers
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAAugust 15, 2016
This place can make or break you. All depends on how well you are taken in. Girls are very jealous and gossipy. Management tries but doesn't succeed. Work hard and it'll pay off.
Great place to build experience and to grow within.
Psr/MA (Current Employee) –  Peds/pntlAugust 14, 2016
I love working here, management is awesome, advancing is pretty good. The coworkers are all fun to work with, and they have programs for different positions to help us succeed and earn that title. (MA, INTREPERTER, SUPERVISOR) ETC... flexibility to the max. ..love it here
Pros
Leadership, coordination, potlucks, team work, weekly meetings.
Cons
None.
Unorganized, Unjust Management
CSS (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CAJuly 25, 2016
Unorganized, Unjust Management. The company is more concerned of making money than actually helping patients and employees
Cons
CHRO is unreasonable and unjust, this affects all of the employees org wide.
Bad place to work.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Menifee, CAJanuary 21, 2016
My experience started off great..the patients are humble people..the majority of the coworkers are amazing people..the values and mission of the company are good..it's only until your orientation period is up that problems start happening and you're fired and don't pass your probation. HR has no control. What the providers say, goes so if a provider doesn't like you, you're out the door. Petty girls will ruin your job if you upstage them and do a better job than they do. There's a few bullies in there. Good luck!
Pros
Great company
Cons
Management isn't very good, especially hr.
Great mission
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAOctober 18, 2015
The organization has an incredible mission in providing excellent healthcare to the most in need. Passionate and hardworking staff, leadership a bit dysfunctional.
Pros
The Mission
Cons
Leadership

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Neighborhood Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9