Neighborhood House Association Employee Reviews in United States

I woked as an intern
Public Affairs Intern (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 6, 2016
I had a great experience working her. I had a lot of fun with great work life balance. The management was awesome and I got a lot of support from my associates.
Pros
great cafe
Cons
nothing bad to say
Overworked & Underpaid
Teacher (Former Employee) –  San DiegoJuly 17, 2015
The day was always planned with activities, but I liked having the flexibility of being spontaneous with the children. I learned that it takes someone extremely passionate about working with children & families to make a longtime positive impact on the families' lives we serve. The management for the organization had high expectations with a lack of resources in place to support Teachers successfully accomplishing the agency's/personal goals. My colleagues & I work great as a team we support each other in any way we can. The most challenging part about working for the company was not having enough time to complete work during work hours & having to stay later without pay or take work home. The most enjoyable part was knowing that I had the ability to lay a solid foundation for children to build on.
Fun place to work
Clinical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San DiegoOctober 19, 2015
Was one year and a half at Neighborhood House association Project enable what a great bunch of people. Very professional and very productive.
Pros
Great benefits great people to work with
Cons
8am to 5 pm schedule.
Fun work place
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 1, 2015
My typical day consists of arriving before the children to make sure you are there to help the teacher greet them as they arrive. Make sure you get a briefing from the teacher as to what will be going on through the day. Keep a close eye on children at all times to ensure their safety. A the end of the day make sure they are picked up by parent or guardian.
Pros
Every day it is a new experience with the children.
Cons
Some locations can get a bit far sometimes as you can be called to different locations every day.
Excellent Employer
Early Childhood Educator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 21, 2015
Plan and maintain a safe, clean, learning environment for children. Update parents regarding their child's progress. Excellent co-workers who really care about the families they serve. Hardest part of the job, when children go on to Kindergarten. The most enjoyable part of my job has got to be the kids, loving staff and administrators.
Pros
the children and their families, top notch staff who really enjoy their job.
Cons
no cons
Fun working with children and people from different organizations.
Social Service Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 2, 2013
A typical day at work is to go over my daily schedule before I start my day. I'm to follow that daily schedule as told by my supervisor and document all information in the files. Sometimes, follow-up calls are needed and a home visit. Myself, management and other social service technicians have a daily meeting once a week to follow-up on weekly schedule. The hardest part of the job is trying to reach the parents and have meetings or follow-up dental and physical appointments with them. The most enjoyable part of my job is supporting the families and getting to know them as well as their children.
Pros
nice environment and learned a lot from the different trainings.
Cons
somethings are a learning experience when you don't know it but very interesting.
Premier health and human service agency with a mission to help the community of San Diego.
Print Shop Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 22, 2012
My tenure at Neighborhood House Association began with my status of client/employee. My mother had Alzeheimer's and needed a safe, secure place for care during the daytime to ensure my sisters and I could go to work. This agency's Adult Day Health Care program was our salvation and provide us with peace of mind and Mom a place of refuge during the daytime hours. They picked her up from the front curb of our residence and brought her safetly back there every weekeday; what a blessing.
Pros
great health benefits and retirement options.
Cons
recent cutbacks, limitations on services and programs.
Wonderful organization to work for!
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 5, 2013
Day to day responsibilities included response to incoming mail, both paper and electronic.
Returning phone calls.
Filing
Review and/or payment of monthly open PO accounts
Budget reviews

Management - Excellent

Co-workers - Excellent

I enjoyed ALL aspects of my job!
Pros
pot-luck parties, spirit week, birthday club
enjoy working with kids and families
Teacher Home Visitor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 27, 2013
At this work I just to work with families and preschool children, learning the basic of kinder and doing referral. management was great and nice all very professional. The hardest time was the travelling time to visit the families because of traffic and gas.
Pros
helping families low income
Cons
traffic and gas
frusttrating place to work
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, NJJuly 28, 2014
I only lasted three months at this company, I was upset all the time
Pros
i got hired right away
Cons
unprofessional management
Provides a valuable service to the community
Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 21, 2012
Company is good for those who like to be involved with providing social services to under privileged families but focusing on children
Pros
long breaks, 13 holidays, healthcare
Cons
management
Business focused work enviornment
Human Resource Analyst- Recruiter (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 26, 2015
Great opportunity to make vast differences in the lives and community of many. NHA impacts many lives in many ways from early childhood education to senior living.
Gang Alternative Specialist
Gang Diversion Counselor/Case Management (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 26, 2014
Create and develop gang prevention curriculum for Middle Schools.
Pros
great working close with probation and the judges, on creating case plans and watching the devolepment of the adolescents.
Cons
lost funding to continue program.
Productive work place
Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 9, 2015
Working for Neighborhood House was just okay place to work.
Helping Families and community based resources
Family Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 22, 2014
Great Social Services Agency that helps foster families, children, Seniors through resources and community based outreach.
Summary
Summer Camp Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, NJMay 21, 2014
Excellent Job. Worked in graduating field. Love working with children and doing what it takes to ensure there safety.
fun
Counselor (Former Employee) –  plainfield, njJune 17, 2014
i love the kids so it was fun
i just cant live on fun i need money
Pros
smart kids
Cons
not enough pay

Neighborhood House Association Reviews by Location