Neighborhood House Employee Reviews

Fun working place
Administration (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 15, 2018
Neighborhood House is a neighbor house for teens I believe the ages of 11 through 17 after school program for kids to come to stay out of trouble. Really great staff and a really great organization
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Great Place to Work
Intern (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 22, 2017
The internship I held was an excellent first job. I learned many things about how to work within a corporation. I will take those lessons to my future positions.
Energetic and relaxing place to work at.
Babysitter/Nanny (Former Employee) –  Rayne, LADecember 5, 2017
My typical day at work for this company was entertaining especially with the baby. I learned what his likes and dislikes were and how to turn his attention in certain directions. My manger was very courteous and well mannered. She always got straight to the point when referring to something. The hardest part of the job was making sure the baby wouldn’t get upset over tiny things like his pacifier falling out of his mouth. The ultimate highlight of my day was taking care of that baby and seeing the smile that I brought out in him.
Pros
Helped baby learn new things.
Cons
Part-time job/stressful
Productive and Collaboritve
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 2, 2017
Good place to volunteer or work at if wanting to further experience in child/eder care. Very collaboritive working with the Elders and creating stimulating activities.
Fun
Babysitter (Current Employee) –  Longmont, CONovember 28, 2017
It allowed me to be versatile with my school work and home life.A typical day is taking care of the kids. I learned how to figure out problems that occured.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Unscheduable hours, unpredictable
Toxic management
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 4, 2017
Neighborhood House does great work in the community. Front line staff are dedicated and qualified. However management in the child development department is TOXIC. Didn't communicate about big decisions, changed expectations and processes frequently and with poor roll out, shifted blame, bullied, the list goes on. Not worth the stress.
Pros
Salary, coworkers
Cons
Management, culture, processes
Bad management
Program Site Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 27, 2017
The bottom workers are very nice and work very hard. The top managers have bad management skills. So usually the bottom workers' voices were not heard. Managers make decision based on bad advice and not accurate information instead of reviewing bottom workers' overall performance.
Good place
Toddler Teacher (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 25, 2017
I had a great work experience there. It was a great learning place for children. The Asst. Director was the best. I met some great friends there. I would surely tell a parent about this childcare.
A fun and balanced work environment
Babysitting (Current Employee) –  OntarioOctober 15, 2017
Babysitting is a great job to start off with, there is usually minimal stress and the environment is the comfort of a home. However, I am ready to branch out and find a more professional and advanced workplace.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Not much interaction with adults
neighborhood nanny
Babysitter (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 13, 2017
it was fun, the kids are super nice, and the elderly are really fun to play chess with. I would say that you need to take things seriously because your sometimes rarely dealing with sick people, kids who are different. but I honestly loved working with others, I love taking care of people. I didn't get paid because it was only in summer, so it was a volunteer thing.
Pros
helping others
Cons
rude or impatiant people
Fun but alittle overwhelm
Assisant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 4, 2017
enjoy the job but just a little too stressful at times. sometimes I had to do the job by myself with no help when I needed the help. There's times when I work in a class room with the babies the other helper just sat in her chair and watch me do everything. But when I got the help that I needed I was able to get a lot of things accomplish.
Fun
Pet sitter (Former Employee) –  Groves, TXAugust 28, 2017
It was my first job. I enjoyed playing with the dogs and interacting with them. I learned to be responsible and to show up on time to take care of the dogs.
Working at Neighborhood House is fun. The security is good and the management is good as well.
Internship (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 17, 2017
I was always busy helping people find resources available to them. I learned that in order to be present for my clients I have to take good care of myself by being healthy and staying informed about my surroundings.I considered my client's body languages in order for me to better serve them. The most difficult thing at work was group facilitations because everyone wanted to talk and there was no time. The most enjoyable thing was staff meetings because there was always diverse perspective and food.
Very nice place
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Paul;August 3, 2017
Neighborhood house is pleasant place to work at, they are family oriented and strive to help the community with low income status. It is a friendly and cultural place to work at.
My great opportunity as a director
Director of the West Side family Cente (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJuly 23, 2017
I started this program from scratch I had to Manage budget,staff,training,creating new connections,creating new programs, grants, connecting to the west side community.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
not enough staff to delegate work
It easily to find job. I love it
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 7, 2017
I love working at Smithfelid food group . Management has been great, and most of my co workers have been helpful and act like adults. The freedom to get the work done is awesome to say the least. I love how they will get you trained right away in different areas.
The benefits are good, and work/ life balance is treasured.
Cons
Health care.
Wonderful experience, pleasure to be around. Respectful.
Babysitter (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXJune 28, 2017
Very organized and scheduled. Clean fun very sweet neighborhood, Christian environment. Very outgoing. Gated community. Two sweet dogs, and other pets. Swimming pool. Tons of fun. Babysitting was great.
Pros
Free lunches, feel like at home, watch tv. Be a young kid again.
Cons
Attitude of the child.
Fun place to work!
Social Work Internship (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJune 14, 2017
Neighborhood House has a great working environment. The people you work with are very knowledgeable and caring. They truly want you to succeed! Wonderful!
Pros
Fun. Great co-workers
Relaxed Workplace
Dog and Cat Sitter (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 8, 2017
I love this job because it is relaxed and fun to do. They have 3 dogs that they had asked me to take care of in 2011. I successfully did that. I was paid minimum wage.
Pros
Free Dinner
Cons
Pay
Not what it seems
Floater Teacher (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 29, 2017
Great kids--but none of the employees seem very happy. Employees are constantly calling in but still have jobs. It's sickening because the employees who do go to work have to make up for others.