Neighborhood House Employee Reviews

Caring and Professional Non-Profit
Youth Tutoring Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 8, 2016
A stellar organisation serving the needs of largely immigrant and refugee populations with services for pre-natal right up to senior welfare.
overall, I personaly believe that it is a great job and great company.
Kitchen Aid and in a class room in a preschool (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 27, 2015
A typical day at work is fun. I learned how important it is to be there and help kids who need help. I also learned how hard teachers work. I think that there is a good manager. I think that there are really good co-workers. I think the most challenging part of the job is when the children are new and they are just getting used to the idea of school. I think the most enjoyable part of the job is when the children play outside because they love to play outside and because it is fun to watch them play.
Youth Intervention Specialist / Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 16, 2015
My experience working with this company has been nothing short of amazing. I would love to be able to continue my journey here however, working with non-profits can be tricky due to funding. The funding for the program that I am in is potentially ending and I do not want to be left without a job considering that I am a single mother of 3. I have learned a lot from this position and about my own personal life that aids me in my future.
productive and fun place to work with different areas for the children to learn and play
Teacher Aid (Former Employee) –  plainfield NJJuly 27, 2015
starting with circle time where children learn colors figures songs etc, followed by children's favorite time is working time where the different areas enn fun and learn trhrough play, followed by the time in the playground that is children's favorite ,after this lunch time and rest time
Dedicated and passionate staff!
High Point Promise Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 27, 2015
The team of staff I work with are dedicated, creative, high work ethic, desire to help and support youth and families any way possible, and incredibly collaborative knowing that working together will make our work stronger.
Effective place to work
Family Advocate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 15, 2015
Excellent community building and involvement. Identified areas that would benefit from strengthening. Co-workers worked together as a team.

We met daily to start the day as a team. Identified any areas of concern. Provided solutions as a team. The hardest part of the job was that all clients were not successful in maintaining sobriety.

It was a joy just to come to work. Team had sense of humor and was loving a compassionate to one another.
Pros
Great team building
Cons
Not enough time in a day.
Overview
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Louisville,KYJune 3, 2015
A day at work showed me that money doesn't always have to put smiles on a person's face, it can be the deed of doing something good. The hardest part was keeping up the motivation and Stamina after a days of work, and always pulling through is was made me a bigger better person along with seeing smiles on everybody's faces
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Good leaning experience
Youth Tutor & Educator AmeriCorps Member (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 12, 2015
Great opportunity to learn and expand my skills. Able to utilize my passion for working with children and skills learned in college.
Great People
Administrative Assistant/Temporary (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAFebruary 11, 2015
I was an administrative assistant and worked at the front desk. It is a non profit that helps low income families and immigrants. They specialize in employment, ESL, and citizenship classes.
Pros
nice co workers.
Cons
temporary position
Amazing Culture
Intern (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJanuary 3, 2015
I worked as an intern and did many things and worked with many different aspects that the Neighborhood house had to offer between child care and GED classes and working with individuals to get there citizenship. Working with individuals who have different but amazing stories was a positive turn for my career choice.
Mangers there are terrible
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auburn, NYDecember 17, 2014
I worked there for about 8 months, ive never worked at a place that has so much drama and all the bosses are involved in
Great organization - enjoyed every second of my employment
Adult Ed ESL Instructor and Counselor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 9, 2014
If I had stayed in Seattle, I planned to spend the entirety of my working career with Neighborhood House. Such an amazing organization with opportunity for advancement and good leadership.
the children and parents were wonderful.
Teacher's Aide (Former Employee) –  Auburn, NYNovember 21, 2014
the most enjoyable part of the job was working with the toddlers! The program they had lined up for the children was really good for them. I think the hardest thing was bringing 8 toddlers out on a walk, trying to keep them entertained until we got the rest of the children in the stroller and then pushing them all on a very broken sidewalk! The most enjoyable time was when they learned something new and got to show their parents!
Janitor
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DENovember 6, 2014
Was responsible for the daily cleanup of a daycare center. I vaccumed and mopped floors. Also removed trash.
Pros
job was located close to my residence
Cons
short term assignment
Challenging place to work. The grow that children makes over time is very re-awarding.
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 2, 2014
Each day is very busy, one of my positions as a Bus Driver for 2.5 years, with school drop-off and pickup daily. I also cover classes from 6 weeks infants through School-agers. Prepare lunches for children for 6 months.
I have learned to listen more to teachers challenges they face within the classrooms. I have learned how important it is keep up with P-web system each day and weekly.
The difference behavior challenges each child bring to the center each day. The love, hugs and caring that each child expect from us daily.
Pros
continuely education learning and referral informations for employees and parents.
Cons
short breaks and no health insurance, no 401k benefit
Productive work place
Family Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 23, 2014
Nice work environment, get to meet people from all walks of life. Good opportunity for advancement with the agency. It was nice to be able to make a difference and see change.
High satisfaction working with the community
Home V (Former Employee) –  Kent, WASeptember 16, 2014
Being working with kids and mothers was very fun, visit seven families per day teaching and interacting with their parents and teaching them how to interact each other.
This position offer the possibility to learn more about community resources available to low income families
Work with great people totally integrated with the community necessities teach me to go further to get better results.
Accomplish with the total amount of visits per child and per term, facing the weather, the family situations, and the availabilty has the hardest part of the job.
The most enjoyable part of this job was to be part of the increasing of knowledge and secure and preparations of this kids, ready for head start program.
Cons
stress
Great Organizational Culture
Life Skills Educator (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 15, 2014
I liked that fact that they do not micro manage you here. Manager was not readily available and sometimes took did not respond back to emails in a timely manner. Conflict was left up to the individuals to resolve as opposed to getting management involved. That is a good thing.
Fun workplace
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 9, 2014
Typical day at work involves screening calls and in person inquiries. It is a non profit organization, and you learn about a lot of great programs they have to offer.
volunteer job
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Calexico, CAJuly 3, 2014
At Neighborhood House i was doing social service. i liked volunteering here because you get to know different kind of people. also you learn to help persons who are in need. here i helped at the Thanksgiving event. i helped to serve food and also helped in the kitchen to warm the food. also i helped to fill in medical forms and other kind of forms that people need help with. the most enjoyable part of being volunteering here was that you get to help people that need help and it feels good to be able to help others.
Pros
free lunches, good breaks

4.3