Neighborhood Housing Services of Chicago

Neighborhood Housing Services of Chicago Employer Reviews

Nonprofit housing, counseling and lending organization helps Chicagoans Buy, Fix, and Keep Their Homes
Resource Development Associate, PR and Marketing (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: nonprofit helps people through homebuyer education classes, provides help in combatting foreclosure, and also has affordable homes for sale and apartments for rent.
Managed PR, Marketing, Media, Website, Social Media at busy nonprofit; also second lead on events, including speech-writing and prepping presenters.
Loan Accvountant
Accountant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 30, 2012
Pros: friendly environment with non mamangement
Cons: need a better management team
My typical day was posting journnal entries daily to the legder as well as reconciling cutomer payments from the subledger to reconcile daily. Other duties that I performed was assisting managers with fixed assets that needed to be discharged for accounting purpose on the books.
Typical work day
Homeownership Consultant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMay 16, 2012
Pros: can make my own scheduele.
Cons: not able to help some clients
Meet with clients to go over options to help them with foreclosure issues.
Nice job with lot of pressure
Telephone Intake Specialist (Former Employee), Chicago, ILApril 10, 2012
Pros: free lunches and mels occasionally
Cons: pay, raises
This was a nice position as an, Telephone intake Specialist, it afforded me the opportunity to help and assist as many people as I can during the housing 'melt down' to try and save thier homes from foreclosure. There were a lot of stress annd pressure handling the many calls for assistance from day to day.