Neill Corporation Employee Reviews

Purchasing Agent
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LAAugust 9, 2017
I started at Neill Corporation in the mail room and worked my way up to be a Purchasing Agent. I learned a lot about the purchasing world and would still be there if I would not have been laid off along with 30 other co-workers due to lack or work.
Great Company to Work For
Retail Advisor (Former Employee) –  Winter Park, FLJuly 8, 2017
This was one of my favorite positions I have held across the board in different fields. If you are an advocate for the mission and products at Aveda then you will be a great fit. There are stressful moments as with any positions, but the environment you work in makes it worth it entirely.
Pros
Great work environment
Great place to work. Company helps you reach your full potential
Education Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hammond, LAFebruary 22, 2017
I enjoyed working for this company because they help you reach your full potential, and great working with coworkers that provided team work.
Absolutely ZERO life/work balance for employees.
Admissions Manager (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMarch 8, 2016
Absolutely ZERO life/work balance for employees. However, the people are what makes it worth working for. Great connections and a place to gain challenging work experiences.
Good place to work, people really care there.
Trainer of Salon/Spa Software (Spanish) (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LAJuly 29, 2015
Good company. Straight up people. I started in Aveda Sales (phone sales), later moved to Font Desk duties. IT discovered I was fluent in Spanish and Richard moved me to the Training/Education biz. I was there for a short time before, for personal reasons, I had to quit. I was really happy and amongst great thinkers.
Pros
Relaxed, if you need it, atmosphere. Conducive to learning and teaching.
Cons
Very considerate with "breaks"
Poor Talent and Acquisition Team
Aveda Mentor/ Retail Specialist (Former Employee) –  Paris Parker Salon and Spa Baton Rouge,LAOctober 2, 2014
The time that I spent working at Neill Corporation was an amazing experience. I did not know much about the beauty industry prior to me starting but quickly fell in love with the Aveda products and the company as a whole. They provided lots of training and for the most part cared and valued their employees. I left the company for personal reasons and in good standing and WAS probably one of their biggest fans. I appreciated what I THOUGHT was a company who was about personal growth and advancement, but was proven to be very wrong. I was given the contact information of both recruiters during my exit interview and was told "You are definitely the type of employee we would love to have..."

I would like to tell anyone that is considering applying for any job with Neill Corporation that it is an amazing opportunity and great company to grow with. Unfortunately, if you ever want to advance your career DO NOT apply for to many jobs within the company and DO NOT ever leave, because it will be held against you in the long-run by the Talent and Acquisition staff.

I went from being the perfect candidate for re-hire to "not being CULTURALLY fit"(I'm still trying to figure out exactly what that statement means considering I was once apart of that culture). Im not even sure why the Talent and Acquisition staff post so many jobs and then turn away people who have proven themselves and actually want to work.

I was an amazing hard worker that had a little bit to much drive and ambition to further my career and advance with this company.
Pros
Education
Cons
Talent Acquisition Staff
Worst Place I've Ever Worked
Educator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 18, 2014
Don't believe the hype of this company! Always held Aveda to high standards until I worked there and then I questioned why anyone would want to go there as a student or as an employee. If you have any experience then you are looked at as negative. If you have a family and want to spend time with them that's negative. The best part of working here as an Educator was the students and the relationship with some of the educators. You had to be careful which educators to be friends with because there were cliques between the Asst Director and the Educator Coach and other Educators. Educator Coach was horrible she didn't focus on the building of her team of Educators. The Regional Director doesn't care about his staff at all. It's a business that is solely built off of nepotism and favortism. I pretty sure that the founder of Aveda Horst Rechelbacher is turning in his grave at the mockery his vision has become. If you are a kiss up then this is the place for you but if you actually have morals and some standards then don't bother applying. There is a lack of compassion for the educators, students, and retail advisors.
Pros
10 days off in December, 10 days off in July, 4 day work week as an educator
Cons
expected to stand up from 8am-8pm on a concrete floor, nepotism, favortism among leaders at the school, poor representation of its name
Terrible place to work!
Student Records (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 21, 2014
This was the worst job I have ever had. I would not recommend this place to anyone! I write this only to warn others that think of applying here. I loved my role, but the upper management was horrible. They have incredibly unrealistic expectations, on the staff and the students. They are unreasonable with their deadlines. They LOVE meetings (not good when you have a deadline to meet!). They ultimately do not care at all about your personal life, family obligations, etc. Aveda should be your #1 at all times. There is a huge turnover at this location for this reason. (This may not apply to other Aveda Institutes - i speak of the one in Baton Rouge.)
Pros
Great discount on products & services, mostly nice people, enjoyed working with students
Cons
unrealistic expectations, absolutely no concern or care for personal family matters, too many meetings
AP/Sales & Use Tax Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hammond, LADecember 10, 2013
Great co-workers
Typical day is busy, file sales taxes for 10 states and multiple companies
Pros
good benefits
great comapny
Aveda Retail Coach/ Regional Makeup Artist (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 20, 2013
great ethics, lots of room for growth and tons of on going education. loved them.
Cream Rises to the Top
Aveda Sales (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LAJanuary 5, 2013
You have to be on your A game to work for Neill Corp. It was is a motivating, woman-owned company.
Pros
great product line and services
Cons
unrealistic expectations
Distributor of Aveda products
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCSeptember 23, 2012
Meet with Salons to develop strategies to drive product sales of Aveda products. The hardest part of the job is the hours involved as the territory covered 3 states, all covered by car. The most enjoyable part is working with the salon owners to help them drive revenue.
Pros
discounts received on aveda products, staying ahead of beauty trends
Cons
not enough commission opportunity
Overall the best educational job ever
Sampler (Former Employee) –  Hammond laJune 3, 2012
The Nomenclature took some getting use to, wonderful family values, educational games, team work that works.
Pros
healthy lunches
Cons
hours
Work Hard
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Hammond, LAMay 22, 2012
Neill was a good experience and opportunity for the time I was there.
great core values
General Manager (Former Employee) –  hammond louisianaMarch 10, 2012
great dynamics on how the company should be ran. the hours and benifits are something to be very desired
Overall good place to work,Very free spirited place.
Computer Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Hammond, La.January 21, 2012
Neill is a well organized work place and very goal oriented.Also the enviorment was friendly and clean.
Pros
free fruit, birthday celebrations, discount on product
Cons
the compensation wasn't great, sometimes customers could be rude.